It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glenn Beck Smears Obama's 11-year-old Daughter

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I listened to the whole thing in my car and let me tell you Im sorry but i thought it was the funniest thing ive heard in a while. I dont like obama and if his kid really is that dim to ask such a question then obama and his daughter are fair game. Freedom of speech my friends can be hilarious. the truth hurts sometimes.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Uh, come on, ATS?

Of course people should not attack the children of public figures, etc, but this IS a free country and the exercise of that freedom requires that it be used.

It's a measure of our freedom and maturity as a society that we voice our concerns and complaints using the same freedom of speech Beck and his show employ and benefit from.

But, hello, did it not catch anyone's attention, when during the campaign, Obama used his own prepubescent daughters to make a point about how committed he was to abortion? Not merely enough to guard abortion rights, which I am for, but to point out that it is justified in the event of a "mistake" i.e. pregnancy, which I do not think he or anyone else has the right to decide for any female.

That seems to me to be quite a bit more offensive. Those are his children and he's talking about their children in a completely different context, not even as human beings or his and Michelle's first grandchild, which would be true if one daughter got pregnant.

His daughter's child, however, would be a "mistake". So he has already decided what is and what is not going to happen in her life.

This concerns me much more than GB and his political show.

Don't you find that a bit more troubling?

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Sestias

Good post.

Just another in a long string of idiocy come from the glenn beck show.

The man is a complete idiot and frankly doesn't deserve the podium he has....along with limbough (he also personally attacks people) and of course hannity.

Those 3 are the publicity arm of the conservative reich.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
I heard it myself today.

Was pretty disgusting...I don't think it was actually "Beck" doing the impersonation...but one of his co-hosts. He laughed along however.

It happened again later in the show as well. Basically insulting the kid's intelligence.

Obama basically put the kid out front with that, and can expect no less. They are kids, not props. If he wishes to use them as props, there will be commentary on those props.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
There are lines that should never be crossed and doors that should never be opened. Now you may think that what Beck did is smear Obama's daughter, but here is the point that I see. That door was opened up by President Obama when he and his wife, uses their own children for political gain and agenda. This is not the first time that such has happened and I doubt it will be the last. Most of the prior presidents, if they did not want their children in the spot light, tended to avoid using them for reference points in any speech or function, keeping them in the dark and out of the publics eye as much as possible. Once that door is opened, once that line is crossed, you can not turn around and say oh this news caster is wrong for such, especially if the politican either brought it up, or is hypocritical in policy. Now mind you that when Cheny's daughter was brought into the spot light, as she was a lesibian, it was a week and then the story went dead, as she was not in the spot light that much or the the publics eye. I think that most politicans may want to consider that when it comes to family, do not use their own, unless they want their family in the publics eye for both the good and the bad.
Personally I think that the President and the first lady using their own children for political agendas is just plain sick and wrong.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpacePunk

Originally posted by David9176
I heard it myself today.

Was pretty disgusting...I don't think it was actually "Beck" doing the impersonation...but one of his co-hosts. He laughed along however.

It happened again later in the show as well. Basically insulting the kid's intelligence.

Obama basically put the kid out front with that, and can expect no less. They are kids, not props. If he wishes to use them as props, there will be commentary on those props.

Maybe not the best decision on obama's part however, glenn beck is an adult and making fun of a child for any reason let alone ratings is childish and hateful but what can you expect from beck or even limbaugh and hannity. The whole club if racist, childish, and generally obnoxious.

[edit on 29-5-2010 by jfj123]

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Shine71

Right wing nut jobs are actually less mature than 11 year olds. This is just actual proof of it now. Just look at the garbage the right wing nut jobs post here.

After reading this thread it is obvious that all of the garbage here is being posted by left wing nut jobs.

Conservatives, as a rule, are Cordial, and .....Polite.

Left wing nut jobs are Mean, and Ugly.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by MY2Commoncentsworth
reply to post by Shine71

Right wing nut jobs are actually less mature than 11 year olds. This is just actual proof of it now. Just look at the garbage the right wing nut jobs post here.

After reading this thread it is obvious that all of the garbage here is being posted by left wing nut jobs.

Conservatives, as a rule, are Cordial, and .....Polite.

Left wing nut jobs are Mean, and Ugly.

Let's be fair. There are good and bad on both sides but due to media publicity, beck, limbough and hannity stand out. I believe these right wing extremists are more or less the exception and not the rule.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkStormCrow
Who cares if Sarah Palins and George Bushs' family is fair game then so is Obama. Folks need to grow a spine.

How about no families are fair game?
That way we stick to the actual people who make the decisions and not scapegoating it on teenagers.

[edit on 29-5-2010 by hippomchippo]

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

Its a shame that we all can't find solid middle ground in our political discourse.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by MY2Commoncentsworth
reply to post by jfj123

Its a shame that we all can't find solid middle ground in our political discourse.

It really is a shame.
Both sides are more focused on trying to hurt each other then help their own country.

Thus one of my favorite quotes:

"Politicians are like diapers; they need to be changed often and for the same reason." — Mark Twain

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

I would give you a 1000 stars if I could.

Funny, they hypocrisy never ends.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Sestias

I have said the same thing on multiple threads. Would this kind of abuse be used against a white president and his family? The most recent Bush was an absolute scumbag and while we saw many media attacks they were against him and not his family. It tended to revolve around policy and of course Glenn Beck was a big supporter. The family of a president is subject to ridicule when they make stupid mistakes but at such a young age i think all can be forgiven, unless they rape someone or kill someone or something like that.

I hope Beck gets fired soon, as he seems to be hemorrhaging financial support maybe this will come true.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984
reply to post by Sestias

I have said the same thing on multiple threads. Would this kind of abuse be used against a white president and his family? The most recent Bush was an absolute scumbag and while we saw many media attacks they were against him and not his family.

It's interesting that Beck slammed the intelligence and education level of Malia Obama. Not to put too fine a point on it, or divert this discussion to race, I don't think a white president's children have ever been called stupid or uneducated.

BTW the Obama daughters attend Sidwell Friends School, a Quaker institution known for its high standards and intellectual rigor.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Funny we didn't see this thread when Lettermen made the joke about A-Rod picking up Sarah Palin's 12 year old daughter. The whiners are pathetic and in most cases it is only when the Far right makes a remark things like this even get covered. Pretty honest statement asking why she would go to her dad and ask if he plugged the whole when the only tool he picks up is a golf club. How about Palin's disabled son? I think it's funny to see the shoe on the other foot. Give me a break,lol, as if Glenn Beck set out to belittle Obama's daughter just to target her....show me the damn word for word transcript that shows how he was angrily berating a 12, if you can't do that then you might as well close the thread and put it in the garbage where it belongs. Bring the proof or STFU about something you may not be fully informed about,lol.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
can someone show where Beck called her stupid and uneducated,lol. The girl is eleven years old so I doubt she is a scholar, and he was simply stating how stupid it is for Obama to reference a ridiculous comment his daughter said about something she doesn't even understand, all because it sounds so nice and sweet, but it's all showmanship and props. We are a month and a half into this oil spill already and they still don't know when it will be fixed. Nice to see he's out vacationing and on the golf course while our earth is being poisoned with no end in sight.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Oval office.
Dead of night.
Obama sitting at his desk with a large whiskey...
"I'm gonna do it" he says to himself,then dials that "special" number he never thought he would dial.
Into the phone he speaks two words:

"Glenn Beck"

Puts down the phone,downs the whiskey,then goes to bed.

Glenn Beck is never seen again...

Sorry I had to.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I listened to the Beck comment on the Obama daughter and I agree it did cross the line a bit but...

1) Obama keeps using his daughters for props.

2) They just kept repeating the line Obama used of "Daddy did you plug the whole yet?"

3) Beck kept asking does anyone think that a 13 year old actually is so out of touch with what's going on that they would ask it that way? He has a point the President is the one who made his daughter sound stupid. Beck actually said he didn't think she was that dumb to sound like a 2 year old and anyone who believed she really said that was as dumb as the president made her sound.

You have a problem with the daughter sounding like an idiot then tell the President to stop making up stories and using her as a prop for political gain.

For the race baiters out there, the reason you never saw a white presidents kids get picked on like this is because I can't think of one who used his children the way Obama uses his.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
This is all too funny. Not Beck's show but the people here. The right got it's collective arse in the air when Palin's/Cheney's daughters were maligned but are now saying this is OK. Hypocrisy on both sides of the spectrum. :shk:

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I just have one question for the people defending Beck for being bold, brave, and outrageous enough to say the things that others will not dare.

He has now apologized and said it was foolish. So does this mean that he does not have the balls to stand behind his words? Does this mean that your defense of him was premature as even he sees it was wrong?

It has to be one or the other.

Either he was wrong and has admitted that.

Or he is a coward and apologized to appease someone.

Anyone?

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join