It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glenn Beck Smears Obama's 11-year-old Daughter

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on May, 28 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
mediamatters

Glenn Beck, who repeatedly and angrily tells his alleged persecutors to "leave the families alone," spent a good chunk of his radio program this morning mocking and attacking the intelligence of President Obama's 11-year-old daughter, Malia.

Obama remarked yesterday during his press conference that Malia asked him of the Gulf oil spill: "Did you plug the hole yet, Daddy?" Beck, taking off on this, mockingly affected Malia's voice, asking "Daddy" why he "hates black people so much." Then Beck attacked Malia's intelligence, saying: "That's the level of their education, that they're coming to -- they're coming to Daddy and saying, 'Daddy, did you plug the hole yet?' "

This routine continued for several minutes, as Beck and his co-hosts touched on a variety of topics and laughed the entire time, all of it at the expense of an 11-year-old girl.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I cannot think of another administration in my lifetime in which the president's family have become legitimate targets of attack. I understand Margaret Truman and Eleanor Roosevelt got some ribbing but that was before my time. It's also interesting to note that both were members of a Democratic president's family.

Sasha and Malia Obama attend the Sidwell Friends school in Washington, D.C. It is a Quaker-run school that is considered one of the best in the country academically.

Not to play the race card or anything, but I can see nothing in Malia's interest in the Gulf Oil spill that indicates a lack of intelligence or poor education on her part. It is only natural for a child of that age to imagine that her father, the president, is personally in charge of such a disaster. I just wonder if a white president's children would be attacked on the grounds of intelligence or education.

[edit on 28-5-2010 by Sestias]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I heard it myself today.

Was pretty disgusting...I don't think it was actually "Beck" doing the impersonation...but one of his co-hosts. He laughed along however.

It happened again later in the show as well. Basically insulting the kid's intelligence.

+2 more 
posted on May, 28 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Right wing nut jobs are actually less mature than 11 year olds. This is just actual proof of it now. Just look at the garbage the right wing nut jobs post here.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I'm not even surprised. Beck's nothing but a hypocrite slimeball who will say whatever as long as it fits his vile agenda.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Ah that's just bad form. I do agree that families should be left out of such things, at least the children, that's just basic decency to me. Hopefully Glenn Beck or the co-host whom made the comments will make an apology for their words and make a pledge not to go after political official's kids again.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
What Beck will do is state that since Obama brought up his kid in his Press Conference...then it is fair game.

I guarantee it.

Remember,

THIS IS COMING FROM A MAN WHO STRONGLY CRITICIZED ATTACKS ON PALIN'S FAMILY BEING TRASHED....which I also thought was disgusting (although I think Palin is a complete and utter idiot).

[edit on 28-5-2010 by David9176]

+13 more 
posted on May, 28 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Who cares if Sarah Palins and George Bushs' family is fair game then so is Obama. Folks need to grow a spine.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Sestias

In the fine tradition established by the Left regarding Sarah Palin's family, I demand proof that those kids were, in fact, fathered by Hussein.

Have you plugged that hole yet, Barry?

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sestias
mediamatters

Glenn Beck, who repeatedly and angrily tells his alleged persecutors to "leave the families alone," spent a good chunk of his radio program this morning mocking and attacking the intelligence of President Obama's 11-year-old daughter, Malia.
[/url]

This is going to to be funny. I get to see this and I am just starting to listen to the radio show. In almost every case the story of these things happening has been way way off. Attacking the children of politicians was made cool by the left in the last election cycle though. extra DIV

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
NOBODY'S family....EVER...should be put in a situation like what was mentioned in this post......a child should not be ridiculed EVER....and certainly not simply because their "daddy" is president/king/CEO of a large corp./a criminal/ just fill in the blank
It's not like a child choses their parents, (for the most shallow reason why a kid shouldn't be placed in that situation), and it's just POOR FORM and BAD TASTE to a attack ANYTHING defenseless...and INNOCENT...

ok...my rant is done.....

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Sestias

Whilst I agree this is thoroughly reprehensible of Glenn Beck and the man should be ashamed of himself there have been plenty of cases of mockery of Presidential and political children/families.

Chelsea Clinton
Barbara Bush
George W's Daughters, granted they did misbehave

Sarah Palin's kids...

There's probably a fair few more too.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I'm no big Obama fan you can be sure. I just don't know enough about the guy to this day to make any kind of judgement I could be comfortable with. The only thing I've applauded was the commercial he did . The one that sent a very positive message telling all men everywhere to take some time to be a Dad. Political or not that was a great thing to do.

What has Beck done that can match that?

Glen Beck is someone I can't say anything good about. Just for the record,
I'm caucasion and live in So. Calif. Beck is worthless when it comes to info.

[edit on 28-5-2010 by randyvs]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by jokei

Barbara Bush was a wife. GW girls were in trouble (Jebs were even worse) and Palin's kid is a teen mother. All well deserved.

An 11 year old is off limits (unless she gets pregnant)!

Plus, what is wrong if she asked if he plugged the hole yet? A lot of ATSers are asking a similar question. At least she is aware there is a problem and at least she is holding her Daddy accountable! She is braver and more informed than the rest of the MSM!! Beck should consider her an ally!

I don't watch Beck, because I can't stand to see a grown man cry every other day, he is appalling, and this just seals the deal. O'Reilly is the only one on Fox that I can stomach, and I never, ever, ever watch CNN or MSNBC, so I'm unaware of their idiocracy.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I'm 16 minutes in to the show, he's covering Tavis Smiley telling the Dutch parliament woman that escaped Islam and who's partner was killed by "extremists" that Christians do that "every day all day long like at Columbine". That is far worse than anything Beck has ever said.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
That's how Beck and all the other like pundits act nowadays. They decry the behavior of those they admonish and then turn around and perform the same acts as long as it suits him.

Someone said it may have actually been his co-host. If this is the case, and Glenn Beck is so against attacking politician's families, he should have asked the person to stop and be respectful as he most likely would if someone was attacking a politician of his liking.

Hypocrisy bugs the effing bejesus out of me.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ararisq

Your derailing the thread. This isn't about Tavis Smiley. If it bothers you so much start a thread about it and we can discuss it there.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I think you completely misinterpreted my post - IN NO WAY was I defending Beck at all, I find him to be a loathsome man and the statements he's made about Obama's daughter a thoroughly disgusting and reprehensible, I didn't particularly feel the need to repeat what others had already said quite well.

I was however trying to highlight this isn't the first time something like this has happened and that I don't think (sadly) it will be the last. I think trying to excuse the ribbing/jokes at the expense of Bush's wayward daughter(s) is not ok, they didn't ask to be the children of a president and people should be dignified towards them regardless of their actions, until they're old enough to defend themselves.

It does however seem unfortunate that the children of the famous get an unbalanced share of limelight they may well not want.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by jokei

Barbara Bush was a wife. GW girls were in trouble (Jebs were even worse) and Palin's kid is a teen mother. All well deserved.
Is the thing that David Letterman pulled on Sarah Palins underage daughter ok?

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
This is one of the problems I have with ATS and the world, whether you're left or right wing or whatever... so often we get a case of Xs actions are wrong type statements by people that are doing them themselves...

This is not a dig at the OP or anyone!

Slandering kids is not ok.

Lying politicians are not ok.

etc
etc
etc

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jokei

Sorry, I just chose your post to reply to, because I agree with you, but I wanted to clarify the differences between an innocent 11 year old question, and the chastising of a pregnant teen or a drug addict teen. Definitely not directed at you.

Beck is a monster, always has been. These opportunistic talking heads do show after show, and then when something catches on, they run with it! They find what is profitable and they become that character. I suppose he isn't to blame, he is but another profit driven puppet. We are still the problem, because we watch, and we criticize, and we link to his show, and we draw him attention.

Americans need to realize that are only real vote is a greenback! If we boycott his advertisers, and we demand real products for our money, then we will get what we are willing to pay for. As long as we are buying up the McNews by the bucket full, they will keep shoveling it to us!

new topics

top topics

active topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join