It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

80-Year-Old Chicago Man Kills Armed Home Invader

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
While I don't blame the old guy, it's shameful how some of you guys are happy the kid was shot.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
If they prosecute this old guy for defending his family then I would hope every decent, law abiding gun owner (or non-gun owner) in the country would come to his defense.

Our system is so screwed, it really is true that in this day and age... up truly is down and down is really up. Everything that should be clearly seen as right and just is spit upon, meanwhile the real criminals and gang bangers and sexual predators have the ACLU coming to their defense every time they decide to murder or rape some innocent person.

This old guy grew up in a time when it was not only a mans right, but a mans DUTY to protect his property and his family. It looks like some punk ass crackhead picked the wrong door to kick in and he paid with his miserable life.

They should give this man a medal.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by impaired

The criminal had a gun too, and fired shots, so what would indicate to you that his intentions were nothing but peacful? I hate people like you.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
glad the old man protected his home and family.

to the crook - good riddance to you and the other low life, morally void, scum that walks this Earth. as the saying goes, "if you wanna play, you gotta pay." and i am glad your bill came due early rather than the rest of us feed and cloth you in prison foolishly thinking you can be rehabilitated.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donnie Darko
I definitely don't think it's a happy thing he was killed, but if you wanna break into a person's house, don't do it just cuz they're old!

I do.... I am happy as hell. Maybe this and other incidents like it will disuade people from this type of behavior.

No one who is sane, wants to have to kill someone, but if you are not willing to in order to protect your life and the lives of your loved ones, you might very well be...or you might just be a big sackless pussy...

Jaden

[edit on 27-5-2010 by Masterjaden]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Well done to the old man in the US for gunning down that scum!!

If someone breaks into his home where his wife is, regardless of where the intruder was going to use his weapon then the old man should have the right to use all force to protect his home.

Why is all right for the government to put up signs sround their property and bases say they will use deadly force if people trespass.

The same should apply to OUR homes.

If I found someone breaking into my home at night where my wife and daughter are I would chop the damn persons head of and put it on a spike at the end of my drive before calling the police. I would set an example to all those who think they can come into someones home and terrorize a family. GOOD on the old man!!

The reason why they want you to get rid of hand guns is so you cant protect yourself against government invaders to your home. DONT let them take way your rights!!

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I would not make any apologies for defending my home. I would give the intruder one warning only, and that would the sound of a 12 gauge pump shotgun cambering a round of #2 buckshot. If he continued I would drop him in an instant. The intruder is there with ill will, and I would defend my family and property with extreme prejudice.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Riiight, that's why the burglar had a handgun... Did you even read the report which said the burglar ALSO FIRED HIS GUN?....

Every time some member speaks for the "right of the criminal" it feels as if they are defending themselves...

[edit on 27-5-2010 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   

No offense dude, but if you break into my home in the middle of the night and you're armed, if I don't blow your head off it's because I missed and God is looking out for you

I applaud this old timer... kudos for protecting himself and his wife

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Donnie Darko

I don't think anyone's happy that this kid got shot. But he took his chances when he chose to break into someone's home armed with a gun. He chose his own path and it led to his end. Vuya Con Dios...

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by impaired
reply to post by Jessicamsa

The guy was probably breaking in to steal something. He wasn't going to kill the old man, come on.

Unless the old-timer is a significant man, I doubt the home-invader would have done anything more than steal.

So, why was this nice guy carrying a gun while breaking in to steal? He may or may not have had murderous intentions while breaking in. We'll never know. But what we do know, is that he wasn't planning on using his gun to mix pancake batter while making the homeowners breakfast in bed.

Chances are, he was carrying a gun in case the homeowners caught him. Chance are, that he intended on using the gun if the homeowners caught him.
Fact is, he did fire his weapon. Just so happens the homeowner has a better aim.

So the contrary to your statement, the home-invader did do more than steal. Saying a home invader used his fire-arm in self defense is well... you fill in that blank.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by impaired

The guy was probably breaking in to steal something. He wasn't going to kill the old man, come on.

Unless the old-timer is a significant man, I doubt the home-invader would have done anything more than steal.

And the old guy is supposed to ask the criminal, "How can I help you? Are you interested in just stealing money and things, pistol whipping me, or raping my wife, or Heaven forebid, killing us both?"

A suitable response to any criminal action about to cause you or loved ones harm should result in only one act. "BANG!"

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1
This man is an American Hero! And he deserves a medal!
Men like him are an inspiration to all free men, and a peril to all criminals.

Why is he an American hero? Because he had a weapon and used it to kill someone who was breaking into his home?

Oh because he had a gun. I forgot how much ATS loves guns.

This old geezer shot and killed the guy who broke into his home. Where was this? Chicago? This isn't uncommon. Another day. Another shooting.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   

BTW Jessica, thanks for the link. Starred and flagged. Let's hope this old timer is not put in prison as people in England have been for defending themselves, and their homes from burglars.

This is the type of BS that people in England, and some other countries which have outlawed guns have to endure.

Homeowner spared jail for shooting 'burglar'

By Paul Stokes
Published: 12:01AM BST 20 May 2003

A retired businessman who shot a drunken teenager he feared was about to burgle his rural home was spared prison by a judge yesterday.

Anthony Spray loaded a .22 air rifle he used to frighten rabbits off his vegetable patch before firing from the hip on his doorstep.

The pellet struck Paul Evans, then 19, in the face from a distance of four to five feet and surgeons had to remove his left eye.

Spray, 64, was convicted by a jury of causing grievous bodily harm but cleared of the more serious offence of committing the act with intent.

Passing sentence at Preston Crown Court, Judge Michael Byrne said the shooting was "a most unfortunate mistake".

He gave Spray a 12-month prison sentence, suspended for two years, and ordered him to pay £3,000 compensation, prosecution costs of £1,650 and defence costs of up to £15,000.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

In the above case the man defending his home with AN AIR PELLET GUN, and the homeowner was the one charged with injuring the burglar...

This is the sort of BS that people have to endure thanks to "PROGRESS" and outlawing citizens from owning and possessing firearms...

Luckily there are SOME conservative judges in the UK....

news.bbc.co.uk...

Anyway, let's hope that this Chicago native is not put in prison, or even fined for defending his wife, himself and his home.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by GorehoundLarry

Originally posted by Violater1
This man is an American Hero! And he deserves a medal!
Men like him are an inspiration to all free men, and a peril to all criminals.

Why is he an American hero? Because he had a weapon and used it to kill someone who was breaking into his home?

Oh because he had a gun. I forgot how much ATS loves guns.

This old geezer shot and killed the guy who broke into his home. Where was this? Chicago? This isn't uncommon. Another day. Another shooting.

He is a hero because he represents people like me who love freedom and the 2nd Amendment. He is a hero because he did the right thing and defended his family and property. He is a hero because he did not bow to the thug instead he did away with him. He represents all freedom loving people who believe that they have a right to be secure in their own home.

[edit on 27-5-2010 by abjure_denseness]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by GorehoundLarry

LOL. Now you want to cast aspersions at ATS members ????

Well, here's some more for you

The housebreaker/criminal/robber --- whatever you want to call him

is GONE

The homeowner/home defender/hero

is still HERE

That's great, in my opinion

That's a good ending to the incident

I approve

and from the looks of it ---- many other ATS members approve also

But if it bothers you so much, maybe you should get out there in the real world and teach junior thugs that they'll have a brief lifespan if they imagine they can walk into other people's homes, threaten their lives and steal their possessions

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Unit541

Not only that, but there have been cases of burglars killing people with knives, and even bare handed... Burglars can kill homeowners even when they are not armed....

IMO if a criminal tries to, or breaks into the home of another person, that is an open invitation for the burglar to get shot, or beaten to a pulp.

If you find that someone is breaking into your home are you going to start a conversation with the criminal or criminals?....

[edit on 27-5-2010 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
This problem still exists without guns. Here in Britain, Omari Roberts was arrested and nearly charged for dealing with 2 youths robbing his mother's house (he stabbed one who died in the struggle), it comes down to whether you're really willing to protect your family by any means I guess.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

^Article on that.

Thankfully the charges were dropped.

[edit on 27-5-2010 by Xadaz]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Donnie Darko

What's shameful about it? Stupid kid breaks in. Gets shot. Darwin's law at it's best. I applaud the guy for exercising his 2nd Amendment.

2 to the chest, 1 to the head.

Someone ever breaks into my home, rest assured ... they won't be leaving alive.

[edit on 27-5-2010 by The Theorist]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Xadaz

Crimes with handguns have actually increased in the UK, and other countries, since handguns were outlawed...

Crime has escalated in the UK thanks to politicians in the UK wanting to take away the weapons of law abiding citizens...

In the U.S. in every state where guns are outlawed, or heavily restricted there are more crimes than in states like Wyoming, where the law stands with law abiding citizens and the Constitution is at least partially respected.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join