It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

80-Year-Old Chicago Man Kills Armed Home Invader

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on May, 27 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   

80-Year-Old Chicago Man Kills Armed Home Invader

www.foxnews.com

An 80-year-old Chicago man shot and killed an armed man who broke into his two-story house in a pre-dawn home invasion Wednesday on the city's West Side.

At about 5:20 a.m., the homeowner and his wife, also in her 80s, discovered the intruder entering their home through a back door. The homeowner, who had a gun, confronted and killed the burglar on the doorstep, police said. Cops said the intruder also fired his gun during the struggle.

No charges have been filed against the homeowner, but Chicago currently has a statute outlawing the possession of handguns. Its legality is currently be
(visit the link for the full news article)

+3 more 
posted on May, 27 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Well, if this man had not broken the unconstitutional law and had a handgun in his home, he would probably be dead right now. It is afterall unlikely that this armed home invader was breaking into his home to play a friendly game of cards.

It will be interesting to see whether or not Chicago prosecutes this man. This will be an interesting case either way.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Jessicamsa

Thanks for sharing the link it is a good story! I was happy to see that an attorney stepped up and said that he would represent the man pro bono if the city tried to prosecute him for the possession of the weapon!!

[edit on 27-5-2010 by FearfulButInterested]

+2 more 
posted on May, 27 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Great story!

My compliments to this great old home owner who defended his home and wife side by side with their right to keep and use arms!

By the way - is it only me or is the political-hip phrase 'home invader' as irritating to others as me. Gawd I hate that term.

S&F

peace

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 03:18 AM
link   
YW

It will be interesting how it plays out. If he is prosecuted, it opens the way for the law to be thrown out. If the law isn't thrown out, it can spark something bigger.

If he is not prosecuted, that would end up being even more interesting.

I am looking forward to seeing how this one plays out. Gun/2nd amendment advocates have the opponents where they want them. This is exactly the same kind of scenario they argue about in favor of gun ownership.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 03:21 AM
link   

The guy was probably breaking in to steal something. He wasn't going to kill the old man, come on.

Unless the old-timer is a significant man, I doubt the home-invader would have done anything more than steal.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by impaired

True, however if this guy is already breaking into someone's home armed, then who's to say he would not use the weapon he came armed with when confronted by the home owner? You never know I guess...
Edit: In fact the "intruder" did shoot his weapon as well in the confrontation.

+3 more 
posted on May, 27 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   
This man is an American Hero! And he deserves a medal!
Men like him are an inspiration to all free men, and a peril to all criminals.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Chi-town Chi-Coms don't want any resistance to their neo-Bolshevik plot.

But here we have an 80 year old man doing what is right. Bravo!

O'bomber and the Chi-Coms are going down as THE WORST ever in history.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 03:59 AM
link   
God damm Crackheads found a gun and was too strung out to use it !!lol
Go Old Man !! Bust a cap in that fool !! Now thats Gangsta !!

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Hey, I am 80 years old and I have a gun! You have broken into my home!

You are dead! In other circumstances, I would have talked to you, reasoned with you, and even taught you values and a lot of other stuff.

I would even have befriended you.

This is what that old man wanted to say.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by FearfulButInterested

True, however if this guy is already breaking into someone's home armed, then who's to say he would not use the weapon he came armed with when confronted by the home owner? You never know I guess...
Edit: In fact the "intruder" did shoot his weapon as well in the confrontation.

Ahhh. You totally got me on that one.

I don't mind admitting I'm wrong.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 04:32 AM
link   
I definitely don't think it's a happy thing he was killed, but if you wanna break into a person's house, don't do it just cuz they're old!

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Donnie Darko

Especially when they have a lot to tell you!

Guess what - old people can clue you up a lot.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 04:44 AM
link   
I would have shot the burglar as well, and here in Brazil it is NOT my constitutional right to have a gun. But I don't care. I would rather kill him and defend my family. That´s the dog eat dog world we live in. I wish it was different, but till then...

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Well, considering the invader had a gun,I don't think
he would have hesitated into shooting an elderly couple.
If someone breaks into my home I WILL shoot them!

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   
I'm sure the guy who broke into his home was a "good kid" and never would have hurt anyone and was trying to feed his family.

That bitter old man took his life for absolutely no reason. Take his gun away and throw him in jail. He's dangerous.

I guarantee a friend or relative of that trash thug is saying exactly this right now.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 06:19 AM
link   

If the burgler wasn't going to kill the man why did he also have a gun?

When you burgler a home, if you have a gun that changes the legal case to armed home invasion, a different class of crime vs entering a home with no weapons.

And here we have, probably a young person preying on the old.

I am approaching 60, my husband 70. I have recently learned how to use a hand gun (learned on a rifle when I was 12 on our farm and I was quite good).

Some people are nasty bullies and one must be prepared to defend yourself against them.

The police, in my area will come within seconds of a call, but that isn't the case in all areas and once we retire, I want to move out further to the rural countryside.

We will have a good security system, a couple big dogs to alert us of intruders and a couple guns.

I am normally a very generous soul. If you were to knock on my door and looked like you needed a square meal and shower and wouldn't hurt us, I would give you shelter for the night, a nice meal and any stuff laying around I have no need of. But, try and steal from me or hurt one of my love ones, invade my sanctuary and I would defend myself.

There's a good magazine and website out called, Backwoods Home Magazine, link here: www.backwoodshome.com...

Excellent site to visit as it has articles that tell you about how to live in a rural enviroment. It's a very interesting website.

With times only going to get worse, many people are going to resort to stuff like this and I feel it's only just beginning.

The rich can afford security guards on the first floor of their expensive condos and gated communities.

It's the common man that has been pitted against each other.

I'm ready. Be warned burglers, home invaders and unscrupulous people that think all old people are weak and easy prey. I'm ready and if you enter my home without my permission - and I get to my gun first, my home may be your last you invade.

In other countries and in distant times old people were revered for their knowledge and wisdom, now and in this place and time, many are left to fend for themselves and many fall easy prey (notice how I keep using that word - no I'm not senile, prey is a very good term of what this thread is about).

On this planet, in the animal kingdom, man is just a savage hairless ape that happens to be able to do a little math and walk upright.

Some, too many now days prey (there's that word again
) upon those he/she deem weaker, which really isses me off because to my way of thinking, if you are strong or have an advantage, you have a responsibilty to help those around you that are less fortunate, but many people see it now as a opportunity to take advantage of others.

So, I'm gearing up for retirement, life in the country - and be warned, I'm a friendly person, but if someone thinks that all older people are easy prey, think again, I'm ready to protect myself.

I also agree with henriquefd, I wish our world was different, but this is currently the type of world we live in.

I hope this Chicago man gets off. He was in his own home, minding his own business and someone had the gall to enter his home without his permission with an intention to steal what he worked for and possibly harm him. This guy had every right to defend himself.

If the burgler indeed had a gun, he was playing for keeps.

[edit on 27-5-2010 by ofhumandescent]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Good for him. The man has a right to defend himself against an intruder...especially an armed intruder. Its ridiculous that there's even a possibility that he'll be prosecuted for it.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Nice troll attempt, but unfortunately it failed.

No evidence to back up your claim whatsoever.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join