It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 Amateur Photos from commercial flight over Gulf of Mexico

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy
Boycott? LMAO! Americans have lost their #ing balls. Do you really think boycotting will do anything in this day and age? What is this Mandela and South Africa? Gimme a break. BP and the other companies involved have single handedly destroyed an entire ecosystem, and decimated an entire economy and all we can do is talk about boycotts? Where are the riots? Where are the trashing of BP gas stations?

When you have trashed a BP station could you put the pics on here please

link   

Originally posted by Brainiac

Originally posted by dzonatas
So how many people in this thread complained about the oil spill then got up today and went down to the local Arco station to fill-up their car?

Seriously, I wonder why it wasn't possible to leave the oil to burn if they know it is going to continue to spill into the ocean. It may have created a bigger smoke plume but it may have saved lots of marine life to minimize the spill.

Including you. What are you going to do?

I don't drive.

At times like these, I'm glad I don't.

link   
reply to post by peggy m

Forgot to mention: Family just can't keep Black Ops a secret for long. The spill which was being held undetected by satelites (due to the use of detergents) finally started coming to the surface. It is ALL coming to the surface.

people will beleive what they are told to beleive...that this was an isolated incident and BP will go under and be no more. In the meantime, the smokescreen being successful, will produce another oil giant to reep rewards.

Ram

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by fordrew

subj=119101198107726&aid=-1&pid=4717477&id=516146226&oid=119101198107726&fbid=395496121226

www.facebook.com...

[edit on 23-5-2010 by fordrew]

Is that the owner of the photos? The man who posted them told me he got the photos from a friend of his on facebook.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
WE THIS
ARE IS
IN WHERE
DEEP DECADENCE
THIS HAS
TIME. BROUGHT US.

I know of two things that go to infinity. The universe and the stupidity of man. I'm not real sure about the universe. Albert Einstien.

This is going to start effecting the weather pattern, like today.
Things are going Biblical.

ATS Store food. NOW!

[edit on 23-5-2010 by randyvs]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
i love the gulf

ps:edited...rofl

[edit on 23-5-2010 by Noobastronomer]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Money is truely the ROOT of all Evil.

For the LOVE of money is the root of all evil

People always forget the first four (important) words.

King James - Timothy

I think protesting at the local BP station would be a great step!

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Noobastronomer

You looking for trouble? Hello is anybody home ? For your sake erase that now fellow member.

The authorities are lay'in for people like you right now. You were smart to divorce that.

i love the gulf

[edit on 23-5-2010 by randyvs]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by mweiss

Originally posted by fordrew
subj=119101198107726&aid=-1&pid=4717477&id=516146226&oid=119101198107726&fbid=395496121226

www.facebook.com...

Is that the owner of the photos? The man who posted them told me he got the photos from a friend of his on facebook.

yea I guess so... you should be more careful if thats you though... facebook images embed the user id into the photo

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   

It's not our fault that we've been swept into the oil and gasoline system.

Yes it is. When Ronald Reagan had the solar panels removed from the White House symbolically signaling a return to this country's dependence on oil, the voters back then were more concerned over other things. When Americans voted for and supported candidates in favor of an energy policy dependent on oil, they were ignorantly complicit.

When Americans were encouraged to scoff at, belittle, devalue conservationists and environmentalists, and they did so, Americans were once again complicit.

...most people can't afford an overpriced save the environment vehicle... Even then most people are buying those to try to save money in the long run at the pump... Not save the environment.

True, as the once wealthy middle class who used to afford and buy those things has shrunk. Their wealth and buying power stripped away.

Money is truely the ROOT of all Evil.

The LOVE of money, greed, is the root of evil. Money in the hands of people concerned about providing and profiting from their fellow citizens with alternatives to carbon based energy reliance, to put their country into the 21st century, is proper. Just ask India and China.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Oh, where have you been my blue-eyed son?
Where have you been my darling young one?
I’ve stumbled on the side of twelve misty mountains,
I’ve walked and crawled on six crooked highways,
I’ve stepped out in the middle of seven sad forests,
I’ve been out in front of a dozen dead oceans,
I’ve been ten thousand miles in the mouth of a graveyard,
And it’s a hard, and it’s a hard, and it’s a hard,
And it’s a hard rain’s a-gonna fall...

Oh, what did you see my blue-eyed son?
Oh, what did you see my darling young one?
I saw a new born baby with wolves all around it,
I saw a highway of diamonds with nobody on it,
I saw a black branch with blood that kept dripping,
I saw a room full of men with their hammers a bleeding,
I saw a white ladder all covered with water,
I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken,
I saw guns and sharp swords in the hands of young children,
And it’s a hard, hard, hard, and it’s a hard rain’s gonna fall...

And what did you hear my blue-eyed son?
What did you hear, my darling young one?
I heard the sound of a thunder, it roared out a warning,
Heard the sound of a wave that could drown the whole world,
I heard one hundred drummers whose hands were a blazing,
Heard ten thousand whispering and nobody listening,
I heard one person starving and many people laughing,
Heard the song of a poet who died in the gutter,
And the sound of a clown who cried in the alley,
And it’s a hard, and it’s a hard, and it’s a hard, hard rain’s gonna fall...

Oh, who did you meet, my blue-eyed son?
Who did you meet, my darling young one?
I met a young child beside a dead pony,
I met a white man who walked a black dog,
I met a woman whose body was burning,
I met a young girl who gave me a rainbow,
I met one man wounded in love,
I met another man who was wounded in hatred,
And it’s a hard, hard rain’s a-gonna fall...

Oh, what’ll you do now, my blue-eyed son?
Oh, what’ll you do now, my darling young one?
I’m going back now before the rain starts fallin’,
I’ll walk to the depths of the deepest dark forest,
Where the people are many and their hands are all empty,
Where the pellets of poison are flooding their waters,
Where the home in the valley meets the damp, dirty prison,
Where the executioner’s face is always well hidden,
Where hunger is ugly and souls are forgotten,
Where black is the color, and none is the number,
And I’ll tell it and speak it and breathe it,
And reflect from the mountain, so all can see it,
Then I’ll stand on the ocean until I start sinking,
But I’ll know my song well before I start singing,
And it’s a hard, and it’s a hard, and it’s a hard,
And it’s a hard rain’s gonna fall...

-Bob Dylan

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I don't drive.

At times like these, I'm glad I don't.

Well it has more to do with than just driving. Have you ever used anything made or packaged with plastic? Thought so, see your not so innocent!!!

This goes further than BP folks. Sure they created the mess but it's time to hold our govt responsible they haven't been acting with enough urgency to deal with the situation. I'm pretty sure by now that the powers that be know something that we don't, and that is the cause for their lack of attention to the matter.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
If anyone thinks that our so-called president Osama gives a dam about them or the U.S. they had better think again. He was put there to do the bidding of the elite and you know they don't give a crap about us. So, this will increase until it is the worst oil spill in history for us so we will be made to look like we don't give a dam about the world nor it's people. We are now already hated by just about every country for the mess we do. I know it is our so called leaders that are doing it but we let them get away with it. As long as we have a little money, a sport to watch, some sex, we don't care what is happening around us. This isn't going to be much longer. The end is soon to be. I know it's all an illusion, but hell, let's make a good illusion, not a f____ed up one.I'm 60 yrs. old. This would have gotten a different reaction back in the early 60's. At least we did protest back then.Now we just sit back and play with our video games and talk $hit on our cell phones and close our eyes and ears unless we hear something coming in our homes door....Wake-Up People.....I'm talking about me too.....I'm gonna get off my a$$ and start doing something but I'm afraid it really to late....and I for one am truly sorry........

Ram

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   

I personally have never trusted any form of Gobbermint ever!!
Now I see why...

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Well Im glad to see the President pulling out all the stops for this catastrophe. Since day one this has been his number one priority by getting every available resource there in no time.

This pathetic treasonous amateur should be dragged out of his now ghetto house and thrown into general pop at Angola for this epic crime against humanity. No one is going to hear about this because the media's defending the bastard. Before this is over with it will somehow be Bushs fault.

In all my years, even through Bush, I have never witnessed this epic amount of absolute ineptness and pure inexperience. Its like we have a 16 yo running the country. This is treasonous at the very least. Sickening abomanation.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by mweiss

Guys ? No one seriously notices that the brown colored water that is supposed to be the oil is also the same color as the rivers that empty out into the gulf?
The brown color that you are seeing is silt from the Mississippi and other rivers that spill into the gulf, the water is always brown in that area, the further you get away from the coastline the bluer the water gets.
I hate this oil disaster as much as the next person but this is alarmist disinformation and just not right.
sorry to be the party buster.

[edit on 23-5-2010 by Limegreen]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by searchforknowledge
reply to post by nh_ee

The only person who can step up, with the authority to act and make things happen is one Barak Obama... who just so happens is conspicuous by his absence..... this is now about leadership, he doesn't need to know all the answers, what he needs is the balls to step in and ensure he has the right people around the table who know what to do... I just don't see that happening today....
What is bugging me is that I heard that BP is a very major contributor to Obamas campaign is this correct? Because if it is, it saddens me that I voted for him

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by UberL33t
reply to post by nite owl

I was recently at Honeymoon Island State Park and took some Before photos of the beach and surrounding shoreline before the oil coats them.

I am reluctantly preparing myself mentally for the After photos.

To Be Continued!

God I hope not, If the oil makes its way down here you can bet their will be millions of pissed off people marching on D.C. with guns in hand. Tarpon is our playground and they better not let it get ruined, I for one would be put out of business and would be forced to move out of state.

Florida needs to assert its right and stop this from happening by imploding the ground around the well to stop the leak. Florida National Guard has enough explosive to do the job I'm sure. We have enough boats and hay to stop the oil flow from reaching our waters. We have the resources to do it so Obama get out of the way.

[edit on 23-5-2010 by Sky watcher]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
What upsets me more than anything is, not that this might've been avoidable but.....unnecessary! We have free energy. We've had free energy this whole time. Hell, the ancient people had free energy.
But 'free' anything is not profitable.

This entire Earth needs a wake up call. And I think many innocent people will have to suffer for the greedy deeds of a few. But, I don't think it can be any worse than what we're witnessing already. Those very few (the Elite) have totally ruined this planet and the spirit of others.
We can not even evolve together due to the Elite controlling 'fear'.

Yes people, our Earth needs to start anew.

This greed and control will never stop so now nature (or intervention?) needs to kick in now.

I am deeply ashamed of being part of this Human race.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join