It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 Amateur Photos from commercial flight over Gulf of Mexico

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Loken68
reply to post by Shark_Feeder

Here's you thought. Oil in the gulf, not even a quarter of what the Exxon Valdez spilled. Environmental impact not even a drop in the bucket compared to the Valdez. But President Bush jumped on it like a chicken on a june bug and the problem was solved. WTF is Obama doing? Oh he formed a blue ribbon panel to study the spill.....HOLY COW!

I

How much is BP paying you to spread their lies. According to the Exxon Valdez Trustee in Alaska, that spill was 11 million gallons. Current estimates for the BP spill are of 100000 gallons a freekin' day. And it's been going since the rig blew on April 21. A quarter of 11 million is 2.75 million, or 27 days worth. Add to that the 700000 gallons of marine diesel on the rig itself and to that the additional 3.5 million gallons that will pour into the gulf if BP is right about the time to fix the problem.
It will be interesting to see what other lies BP will pay you to tell.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by nh_ee

Fair enough, we all understand that RCA = DNA (Root Cause Analysis will lead to the DNA of the organisation, and in this case the DNA is rotten to the core).

That is not going to stop the problem today, so the RCA can take a back step until "someone" with the authority, steps up and takes some ownership, that is leadership 101.

The only person who can step up, with the authority to act and make things happen is one Barak Obama... who just so happens is conspicuous by his absence..... this is now about leadership, he doesn't need to know all the answers, what he needs is the balls to step in and ensure he has the right people around the table who know what to do... I just don't see that happening today....

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by AndersonLee
Exxon Valdez spilled 10.8 million US gallons.
Lets see if the oil can be stopped before we start to compare what oil spill is worse.

IMO, this one is already worse. The shores of Alaska where the Exxon Valdez spilled were not inhabited nearly as densely as the Gulf shores. There's more to assess the damage than the number of gallons in the water.

This is so terribly sad.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Yes us Americans are sooo lazy, we should be rioting in the streets, and causing 100's of millions of more dollars in damage, yea that will surely help the problem.

Oh and we also should be stringing people up yes? Oh no we're lazy, because we're not assasinating government officials, and throwing our own lives away on murder charges for some cock up by a BRITISH company.

Americans will do what we always do, the only thing we can do, and that is try the best we can legally to fix the current problem at hand by going through the "proper" legal channels that our Constitution has granted us.

But I suppose it's easier to sit there and type Lazy Americans, why aren't you out there revolting and causing complete Anarchy and futher destroying your country, because it's the easy thing to do, and it makes you feel tough? or cool.

If your not part of the solution you jack off internet tough guys, your part of the problem.

Go ahead, get off your lazy a$$ and try and cause a riot, and tar and feather some officials LOL, and vandalize BP statios, have a nice 90days in jail followed by 5 years prohbation.

By the way, those pictures, and the ones from the video NEED to be shown on the Main Stream Media. I don't think many people realize the scope of what we're dealing with here.

S+F , great job OP'er.

[edit on 23-5-2010 by Nola213]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by notsoperfect
reply to post by Shark VA84

Let's find out who owns BP. The owner(s) of BP should be responsible for this disaster. Isn't it the British Monarch? It can't be a little guy that the media can chew it over and over until it becomes a carcass.

BP is a publicly owned company which means that if you have a pension or retirement plan, you may be an owner. If you buy a share in BP, you can get a list of fellow shareholders. One US shareholder has already sued the company in Louisianaover the spill. www.csmonitor.com... And another class action by shareholders is pending in Alabama.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
So how many people in this thread complained about the oil spill then got up today and went down to the local Arco station to fill-up their car?

Seriously, I wonder why it wasn't possible to leave the oil to burn if they know it is going to continue to spill into the ocean. It may have created a bigger smoke plume but it may have saved lots of marine life to minimize the spill.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
yeah BP are basically what you would expect, a corporate greedy scum bag of a company that won't admit fault, and downplaying probably the worst man made disaster in history...

I think they should also prosecute the guy in charge whose idea it was to try to siphon off the oil instead of trying to close the breach...

This whole time while the oil pollutes the ocean their whole main goal is trying to salvage as much oil as they can, instead of all efforts on trying to shut off the leak!

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Nola213

I am not flagging any violence, I am flagging complacency..... violence is ridiculous and inexcusable.... so is complacency, and whilst you say you will as Americans get on and resolve it, actions are stronger than words and actions if they are happening are not being well articulated.... so in view of not seeing any action, it is natural that people will rightfully or worngfully assume it is not being resolved as you have suggested..

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
It looks way worse than how the media has portrayed it for the past month. All I see when I turn on cable news channels is coverage for the elections. Nobody gives a crap about the elections during one of the largest environmental accidents in the world's recent history. Somebody called it "America's Chernobyl" the other day, and I think that I really would have to agree with them on that. The only positive side of this situation that I can think of, is that the oil leaked is natural oil. It has been treated yet, where opposed to the Exon Valdeze spill which leaked thousands of gallows of processed oil. I'm sure given enough time, the earth will clean the oil out of the water, slowly. But I sure won't see it within my life time.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Hay method. And we could just send the oil soaked hay to developing countries to use as fuel. Or we could torch it, but that would be nasty.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
This is terrible. I wonder what would happen if a hurricane came through that area the way it is now? What would that do the spill??? Just a thought. It is entirely possible for something like that to happen. It's devastating enough the way it is.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by mweiss

It wasn't the photos that finally got the attention of US citizens. The oil spill caught the current heading north along the Atlantic. Geez, just where many of the rich and famous have private beaches.

We follow the money trail, if we can, to see how this mess is going to be cleaned up. I say the rich expect the poor to do it and the poor expect the working class. There you have it...Working class must clean up the mess in order to keep driving thei cars to and from work in order to support the rich and the poor. Sorry folks, it's just business...nothing personal...

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Obama is too naive to be President. He has no clue what is really going on in the world...

"this naive simple creature, with his straightforward and friendly eyes so eager to believe appearances".

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by nh_ee

Rioting and Going after convenience store owners will not help the situation at all. It will only use resources who could possibly be used to aid in the cleanup.

...my point is that our OIL soaked leadership by the previous administration allowed for deregulation of Industry after Industry is what leads and contributes to catastrophes such as this.

First the Banking industry and now the OIL industry.

We have offshore drilling worldwide but the difference IS that they have to adhere to and follow strict safety measures.

Its a known fact that this problem began with BP trying to cut costs and save time and circumventing precautionary measures on their US Oil platforms that are not permitted/allowed for offshore drilling sites in other countries.

So before we go out and begin using violence against people that had nothing to do with this we need to consider seeking out the root cause of who was paid off in Government AND Industry to allow it to occur in the first place.

And prevent this from every ocuring again.

Plain and simple.

'Nuff said.

Yes. An immediate investigation is required, with either rules enforced or new rules put into place as a result.

And maybe finally more Americans will wake up to the fact that they have the best government corporate money can buy. Vote someone into office who is truly on the side of the little guy and not in the pocket of a corporate lobbyist.

And join citizen (not corporate sponsored!) groups to put pressure on corporations and/or government to do an effective job for citizens not corporations. Don't mess with the little guy who is every bit a victim as the next little guy.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by RadarMan

Unsure about that, the focus is only on the oil, nobody is really considering the impact from the methane that is flowing faster than the oil volume... the Gulf is quickly becoming a fusion cocktail.... if those plume stacks create vast pockets of methane between oil plumes (which i am certain they do) the potential for a combustible event should not be underestimated.... if that happens, then the s#@t will really hit the fan and I would not want to be to close to the action...

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shark VA84
Thanks for the post. You don't happen to know the altitude of the plane do you?

The brownish-blackish mix of oil and water just looks toxic and nasty. It's a damn shame my friends...

I don't know the altitude, I wrote the guy who posted the pictures if he had more pictures, too. I thought they were fake at first, like it HAD to be land, but nope.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by abjure_denseness
This is terrible. I wonder what would happen if a hurricane came through that area the way it is now? What would that do the spill??? Just a thought. It is entirely possible for something like that to happen. It's devastating enough the way it is.

I think a hurricane would be a good thing to dispurse some of the oil on land for clean up. Spread the wealth..oops, I mean spread the responisbility of having to do what needs done.

People will give voice to an issue but don't usually spur into action until the issue is in their front lawn. A Hurricane would be a blessed event considering the impact of a disaster made by man.

Ram

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Please, boycott ALL BP Gas stations, and go to #bp.net, sign the petition and let's FINALLY grow some balls.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by dzonatas
So how many people in this thread complained about the oil spill then got up today and went down to the local Arco station to fill-up their car?

Seriously, I wonder why it wasn't possible to leave the oil to burn if they know it is going to continue to spill into the ocean. It may have created a bigger smoke plume but it may have saved lots of marine life to minimize the spill.

Including you. What are you going to do? The powers that be made it that way. It's not our fault that we've been swept into the oil and gasoline system.

Provide an alternative and most people would use it...
There has been plenty of time since automobiles have been developed to move toward a more clean and efficient form of combustion/motivation...

You can get a hybrid, but most people can't afford an overpriced save the environment vehicle... Even then most people are buying those to try to save money in the long run at the pump... Not save the environment.

If there is something to sell and some one to get rich off of it, then it's always going to end like this.

What we need to really do first is equalize the playing field, and do away with money. That is the main problem with the World we've designed, it relies on a destructive and controlling tool.

Money is truely the ROOT of all Evil.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join