2 Amateur Photos from commercial flight over Gulf of Mexico

page: 2
119
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Loken68
reply to post by Shark_Feeder
 


Here's you thought. Oil in the gulf, not even a quarter of what the Exxon Valdez spilled. Environmental impact not even a drop in the bucket compared to the Valdez. But President Bush jumped on it like a chicken on a june bug and the problem was solved. WTF is Obama doing? Oh he formed a blue ribbon panel to study the spill.....HOLY COW!

If it leaks for three more weeks the Gulf of Mexico will officially be as dirty as the Hudson river.

Side note: One benefit of the Gulf blow out is it's hindering Cuban boat people.


RIGHT!!!......who cares about marine life or those who will come in contact with the oil spill incident...but just keep them Cuban out of the states right?....you would make a great president!!!!!




posted on May, 23 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Sure looks like a horse at .50 into the video. Was there a black horse in Revelation?



posted on May, 23 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by collietta
Wow the oil looks so bad, it almost looks like land. I've only flown briefly over the gulf once and I remember it being a bright blue green.

[edit on 23-5-2010 by collietta]


To me, they look like fakes that were taken over land.



posted on May, 23 2010 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Ya know guys, I've been down there and to see this is terribly sad. I think of all those marshes, breeding grounds for thousands of life forms, wrenns, shrimp, small fish, crabs, migrating birds, the alligators, crawdads...

To realize this will spread to Florida and the Keys and even into the "Loop" and "Gulf Stream" is a catastrophe of unparalleled proportions.

This not only kills all of the micro-ecosystems, the impact will be felt for generations. This will kill a way of life, an entire culture built and based on the bayou....

All those shrimp boats from Forrest Gump...gone. All the wonderful tatses and smells of New Orleans...gone. Watching pelicans dive down into the gulf waters at sunset...gone. The Cajuns and their wonderful culture...decimated. Wait till it gets to the Keys.... all those "happy Buffet songs" will turn to fiction... rich blue green waters and white sand beaches and colorful coral reefs...........GONE.

I wondered what a dying ocean would look like......now I know.



posted on May, 23 2010 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by mweiss
These photos are from a guy on the Boycott BP group on facebook. I was deeply shaken when I viewed the first one. I don't think we will ever know the true extent of the damage. The guy from facebook said his flight was from Key West to Phoenix.


1st photo: sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net...
2nd photo: sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net...
This photo was also uploaded on facebook, it's a dead dolphin: www.facebook.com...#!/photo.php?op=1&view=all&sub j=119101198107726&aid=-1&pid=4717477&id=516146226&oid=119101198107726&fbid=395496121226




This is really shocking, but what is more shocking is the last of action coming out of Washington D.C.

Really, what the hell is Obama doing? if ever their was a time for a President to stand up and be seen to be doing something, would it not be now?

How can he stand by, and allow BP to take ownership of this disaster? I saw the clips of the BP team working from Houston offices, big deal!! This is a global bloody catastrophe in the making, and that useless Obama is sitting on his arse and not directing events. Does that guy have any clue what is unfolding here? he not only appears inept, his actions show he has not got a clue how to even start to address this disaster.

I am sitting in Australia, and I am stressing over this disaster, why is the US military not taking over this task, (whilst they don't have the skills to handle the problem, they sure do have the logistics know how to bloody take control and get the people in that do no what to do, and they will get them their by whatever means).

This is going to have a global impact, I thought Bush was slow when Katrina hit New Orleans, compared to this, I reckon Obama must be in a bloody coma, he makes Bush look like Speed McQueen. I cannot understand why the American people are not marching in the streets demanding action be taken now.....

Who will stand up in the US and demand action?



posted on May, 23 2010 @ 04:03 AM
link   
 


off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift


 



posted on May, 23 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by mweiss

This photo was also uploaded on facebook, it's a dead dolphin: www.facebook.com...#!/photo.php?op=1&view=all&sub j=119101198107726&aid=-1&pid=4717477&id=516146226&oid=119101198107726&fbid=395496121226


Looks like I got Cheney's Christmas card ready - yeah, no shopping!



posted on May, 23 2010 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Loken68
reply to post by Shark_Feeder
 


Here's you thought. Oil in the gulf, not even a quarter of what the Exxon Valdez spilled. Environmental impact not even a drop in the bucket compared to the Valdez.


Lets hope you're right in that smug appraisal of the situation.

Unfortunately, from what I've been reading, there may be as much as 1 Exxon Valdez gushing into the gulf every 4 days.

Newsflash - we're all being lied to.

Some of us just don't happen to believe it.



posted on May, 23 2010 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by searchforknowledge
How can he stand by, and allow BP to take ownership of this disaster? I saw the clips of the BP team working from Houston offices, big deal!! This is a global bloody catastrophe in the making, and that useless Obama is sitting on his arse and not directing events. Does that guy have any clue what is unfolding here? he not only appears inept, his actions show he has not got a clue how to even start to address this disaster.

Who will stand up in the US and demand action?


I agree with you. People in America DON'T stand up and do anything! Our news media is blocking this for gosh sakes! Lindsay Lohan missing her court date ranks higher - U.S. media is BS.

I think BP/Halliburton/TransOcean could have fixed this in the first week but they're more worried about collecting the oil WHILE they stop it, than just stopping it. Typical America - money over people/enviorment/ anything...



posted on May, 23 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy
 


I agree, I cannot belive the American people are so bloody lazy??? When did they lose their cajoles and sit back and take this #? I really cannot understand why you guys are not rioting in the streets?

Has anyone in Amercia got the guts to stand up and scream at Washington, I see the comments above, ... oh its all terribel, oh, the poor ecosystem, oh I am very sad, oh, oh, oh.... why not oh get on and get off your fat arses and create some sense of urgency???

Your leaving the future to BP to resolve??? those are the guys that caused this momumental cock up, and your happy to sit back and let them tell you more bull# that its under control???

I cannot believe that the people in the Gulf States are not out lynching these liars and taking control of the situation? Your Government is not doing anything, so what have you got to loose???



posted on May, 23 2010 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Concerning the Exxon Valdez - it's currently the 53rd worst oil spill/disaster with about 260,000 barrels of oil spilled (10.9 mil gallons)

Here's a link to the ATS 5 worst oil spills

Horizon Oil Rig, the Gulf spill now is about 4th worst ever based on 70,000 barrels a day (NPR news statistics 2 days ago)



posted on May, 23 2010 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oozii
Its sad. But I feel anger at what is happening to the earth.

But anyways, here's a satellite video.



Thank you oozii.
I am also angry.
and these fn people need to do something.
Yesterday!


[edit on 23-5-2010 by Ahmose]



posted on May, 23 2010 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Mother Nature should sue BP for every dime they have, and then have its head honchos thrown in jail - or worse.


This is what our addiction to oil does to Nature, folks. I don't know about you guys, but I think I'm going to put my plans on getting a driver's license and car on hold - for a very long time.



posted on May, 23 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by searchforknowledge

Originally posted by mweiss
These photos are from a guy on the Boycott BP group on facebook. I was deeply shaken when I viewed the first one. I don't think we will ever know the true extent of the damage. The guy from facebook said his flight was from Key West to Phoenix.


1st photo: sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net...
2nd photo: sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net...
This photo was also uploaded on facebook, it's a dead dolphin: www.facebook.com...#!/photo.php?op=1&view=all&sub j=119101198107726&aid=-1&pid=4717477&id=516146226&oid=119101198107726&fbid=395496121226




This is really shocking, but what is more shocking is the last of action coming out of Washington D.C.

Really, what the hell is Obama doing? if ever their was a time for a President to stand up and be seen to be doing something, would it not be now?

How can he stand by, and allow BP to take ownership of this disaster? I saw the clips of the BP team working from Houston offices, big deal!! This is a global bloody catastrophe in the making, and that useless Obama is sitting on his arse and not directing events. Does that guy have any clue what is unfolding here? he not only appears inept, his actions show he has not got a clue how to even start to address this disaster.

I am sitting in Australia, and I am stressing over this disaster, why is the US military not taking over this task, (whilst they don't have the skills to handle the problem, they sure do have the logistics know how to bloody take control and get the people in that do no what to do, and they will get them their by whatever means).

This is going to have a global impact, I thought Bush was slow when Katrina hit New Orleans, compared to this, I reckon Obama must be in a bloody coma, he makes Bush look like Speed McQueen. I cannot understand why the American people are not marching in the streets demanding action be taken now.....

Who will stand up in the US and demand action?





realistically, what should be the punishment of people who are responsible for the scale of this kind of catastrophe, either through purposeful action, or irresponsible inaction?

why havent the names and addresses of all the upper echelon of BP and their affiliates been published so people can protest them wherever they go and make their lives a living nightmare?

i dont advocate violence at all.....id rather see these suckers squirm and hide their faces wherever they go for the rest of their filthy dirty rotten scoundrel lives.....



posted on May, 23 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   
I'm a loooooong way from being a tree hugger. Really have no use for hippies.

Today, I may hug a tree. As a hunter, I'm just sort of numb looking at these pix.

I only know that karma WILL be visiting on everyone responsible for this atrocity. Regardless of who or where they may be.

The "Karma Cops" have no need of a warrant and they are brutal in their justice.

Glad I'm not connected to this thing.



posted on May, 23 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by ikonspyre
 



posted on May, 23 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   




realistically, what should be the punishment of people who are responsible for the scale of this kind of catastrophe, either through purposeful action, or irresponsible inaction?

why havent the names and addresses of all the upper echelon of BP and their affiliates been published so people can protest them wherever they go and make their lives a living nightmare?

i dont advocate violence at all.....id rather see these suckers squirm and hide their faces wherever they go for the rest of their filthy dirty rotten scoundrel lives.....


Punishment?

How about going 5miles off of the coast that used to have AMAZING fishing trips.

Once they get there, they are thrown overboard with a life preserver.

They can bask in what they created.

[edit on 23/5/10 by felonius]



posted on May, 23 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I don't know what's worse; the oil spill, or the fact that mainstream media will not show us pictures like that, and only show areas where the spill is not as bad. I guess freedom of press has been gone for a while now, but the reality is just starting to set in.



posted on May, 23 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   
You Americans!

All ranting and raving about what you "should" do as a people but don't do squat!

Some of you talking about rioting...Yeah right...YOU are to scared and its easier to mouth of on here. You know your Government regime would crush you citizens like a couple of little kids getting spanked by their Dad's.


YES its a big disaster but you need to let President Barrack Hussein Obama (nice American name) know you don't take this nonsense in America and that he needs to either get some buckets and jump in the ocean himself and start clearing that black gold up or he needs to curtail the Media and set a curfew for you Americans and bring in Marshall law and feed you all nice fairystories like you have been sucking up for the last 90 years. Long live the American dream!!!

which one do you think he will choose to do?

I hope you all do something about the way you are getting shafted. They are riding you like seabiscuit with the BS they feed you!! Stand up and be counted for real.



posted on May, 23 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by searchforknowledge
 



I agree, I cannot belive the American people are so bloody lazy??? When did they lose their cajoles and sit back and take this #? I really cannot understand why you guys are not rioting in the streets?


All that fluoride and estrogen in the water is taking its toll on us.





new topics




 
119
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join