It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 Amateur Photos from commercial flight over Gulf of Mexico

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
OMG!

People, that water is not only capped with oil, but you all do realize that it is inundated hundreds of feet down too?

This is [snip] Unbelievable.

Offshore drilling must stop now!

Obama could not be more irresponsible to the biggest environmental catastrophe in our life time than he is right now.

You know, we can all look at this in shock. But this is not going to go away now. The damage is already done and our ecosystem has just been delivered a irreversible set back.

Un[snip] Believable.

Censor circumvention removed

[edit on 23/5/10 by masqua]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by One Moment

We don't have free energy. Ancient people didn't have free energy. Even if we did have access to zero point tech it wouldn't be free. I agree that this sort of thing sucks but no need to go all ATS on it... oops

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by warequalsmurder
OMG!
Yes that is who can help us now.

People, that water is not only capped with oil, but you all do realize that it is inundated hundreds of feet down too?
not exactly correct. There is plumes that are subsea that they mentioned but they are far offshore in deep water. On the inland waters, the oil is floating on the surface and it is just a film.

This is Fu(king Unbelievable.
I agree, hard to believe.

I disagree, we need to continue offshore drilling but we need the government to not be allowed to accept campaign contributions from oil companies so that they don't feel obliged to look the other way and waive safety regs.
The more oil we produce ourselves the less dependent we need to be on the sand dwellers. More money we keep in the U.S. adn more jobs for the unemployed.
Drill, Drill, Drill, deep, wide, everywhere and often!
Down with environmentalist and open up Anwar!!

Obama could not be more irresponsible to the biggest environmental catastrophe in our life time than he is right now.
Yes he is staying away, trying to not be implicated in it, he should be taking charge and be on location pushing his weight around. Maybe hanging out with Costner.
He wants to sit back and say "Hey, it wasn't my fault, I wasn't even involved, it was the previous administrations doing, I inherited this."
Bbut that is not going to save him this time I'm afraid.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaynkeel
Well it has more to do with than just driving. Have you ever used anything made or packaged with plastic? Thought so, see your not so innocent!!!

It's not we never heard of non-petroleum based plastics.

This goes further than BP folks. Sure they created the mess but it's time to hold our govt responsible they haven't been acting with enough urgency to deal with the situation. I'm pretty sure by now that the powers that be know something that we don't, and that is the cause for their lack of attention to the matter.

They know this is "man" vs "man" and not "man" vs "nature."

Ram

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Limegreen
reply to post by mweiss

Guys ? No one seriously notices that the brown colored water that is supposed to be the oil is also the same color as the rivers that empty out into the gulf?
The brown color that you are seeing is silt from the Mississippi and other rivers that spill into the gulf, the water is always brown in that area, the further you get away from the coastline the bluer the water gets.
I hate this oil disaster as much as the next person but this is alarmist disinformation and just not right.
sorry to be the party buster.

[edit on 23-5-2010 by Limegreen]

Maybe it's not only Oil dude..
'
sorry to be the party buster.

I accept the Warnings

NP*

[edit on 23-5-2010 by Ram]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   

He wants to sit back and say "Hey, it wasn't my fault, I wasn't even involved, it was the previous administrations doing, I inherited this."
Bbut that is not going to save him this time I'm afraid.

Sounds like you want Obama to go to war because that is basically what he'll being doing if he has to act.

Sounds like setup to me.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I hope this quagmire event can somehow be fixed.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by searchforknowledge
those are the guys that caused this momumental cock up

Cock up? That's great. Not to make light of a terrible tragedy, but UK slang cracks me up. Yup, BP really gave us a good "rogering", as it were.

I cannot believe that the people in the Gulf States are not out lynching these liars and taking control of the situation? Your Government is not doing anything, so what have you got to loose???

Well, if we didn't rise up any of the last, oh, ten times the government has blatantly looked us in the eye and told us they hear our wishes, but were gonna just go ahead and IGNORE us and do what's in their personal financial interests instead...how would this be hard to believe? And although we are being lied to again, this time what is being lied about wasn't a blatant act of thievery or an outright slap in our faces. It was an accident, so it's more akin to a child breaking something expensive, and trying his/her damndest to weasel his/her way out of getting in big trouble for it.

The main concern right for any of us now is stopping the leak, something NOBODY seems to know how to do. We can worry about punishments later, not sure what rioting in this situation would do, usually people riot to change a political situation. Rioting won't plug the gusher. But, the barrel @sses of the politicians (who pretend they're not bought and paid for by companies like BP as they pretend to chastize CEO's in their staged for TV inquiries) probably would.

Ram

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Just wondering...If it is volcanic... With all the iron.. Red colour...

Reminds me of Mars Surface..

though it might be fake as well...

(Talking to nobody)

cheers!

[edit on 23-5-2010 by Ram]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Remember those who claimed "it's not that bad."

Well, I bet they feel mighty foolish. This is horrific indeed. I want our president to actually do something about this...but at this point...what can be done?

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   

I disagree, we need to continue offshore drilling but we need the government to not be allowed to accept campaign contributions from oil companies so that they don't feel obliged to look the other way and waive safety regs.
The more oil we produce ourselves the less dependent we need to be on the sand dwellers. More money we keep in the U.S. adn more jobs for the unemployed.
Drill, Drill, Drill, deep, wide, everywhere and often!
Down with environmentalist and open up Anwar!!

Unfotunately for your theory, the Supreme Court changed the laws a few months back that allows lobbists open season on campaign contribution amounts again. Therefore the campaign contributions will continue and in broader amounts than before. With these polices which are harsh realities that we must live with now, these spills will only continue.

Therefore, the only real solution is Free Energy, with the destruction of oil power and the inclusion of its greedy Tycoons in that dispatchment.

[edit on 23-5-2010 by warequalsmurder]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by mweiss

I wonder why N.A.S.A. didn't have the Shuttle Atlantis or the I.S.S. take some photographs from L.E.O. They (I.S.S. or Shuttle) don't hesitate to show us the latest Hurricane, Volcanic Cloud, etc. But this time nothing. No photos of the Gulf. Nothing.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Parabol
reply to post by One Moment

We don't have free energy. Ancient people didn't have free energy. Even if we did have access to zero point tech it wouldn't be free. I agree that this sort of thing sucks but no need to go all ATS on it... oops

We absolutely do have free energy. We live in an electric universe. We forgot and have not been re-taught how to harness this energy though (from say, crystals---- like the ancient people did).

There are, for insist, hieroglyphic paintings deep within dark cave systems with absolutely no trace of carbon (from fire). They were able to see somehow and.....for many many many years! Not to mention these ancient batteries dating thousands of years ago too.
We've become totally reliant on the system. The PTB love that!

This Earth was created to sustain and maintain 'life'. Everything we need is free. Society (the PTB) changed that.

Wake up!

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Redhead6971
reply to post by mweiss

I wonder why N.A.S.A. didn't have the Shuttle Atlantis or the I.S.S. take some photographs from L.E.O. They (I.S.S. or Shuttle) don't hesitate to show us the latest Hurricane, Volcanic Cloud, etc. But this time nothing. No photos of the Gulf. Nothing.

Probably for the same reason they didn't use those to locate Osama bin Laden!
What we don't see....doesn't exist after all!

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by Noobastronomer

You looking for trouble? Hello is anybody home ? For your sake erase that now fellow member.

The authorities are lay'in for people like you right now. You were smart to divorce that.

i love the gulf

[edit on 23-5-2010 by randyvs]

thnxx for the heads up bro,,but im not from america
...but still PARANOIA

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Loken68
reply to post by Shark_Feeder

Here's you thought. Oil in the gulf, not even a quarter of what the Exxon Valdez spilled. Environmental impact not even a drop in the bucket compared to the Valdez. But President Bush jumped on it like a chicken on a june bug and the problem was solved. WTF is Obama doing? Oh he formed a blue ribbon panel to study the spill.....HOLY COW!

If it leaks for three more weeks the Gulf of Mexico will officially be as dirty as the Hudson river.

Side note: One benefit of the Gulf blow out is it's hindering Cuban boat people.

What are you talking about? The oil leak in the gulf is pumping out the equivalent of the Exxon Valdez every two days. Bush didn't solve anything - the effects on Alaska are still observable today. It was never solved. Stop watching Fox News.

[edit on 23-5-2010 by andrewh7]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by One Moment

Originally posted by Redhead6971
reply to post by mweiss

Probably for the same reason they didn't use those to locate Osama bin Laden!
What we don't see....doesn't exist after all!

I didn't know that NASA was supposed to use the space station and the shuttle to look for people in Afghanistan. Thanks for the heads up. I had thought they were up there for other reasons.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
there have been lots of articles mentioning how BP has received thousands of ideas from the private sector about how things could be alleviated and the best BP could do was say they had several hundred in consideration. Whether or not they will actually use any....well i think thats obvious. The extreme bumbling and fumbling and egregious inaction on their part as well as the gov can only be interpreted one way: this is deliberate and well planned for a purpose. This has to be so horrendous that people will absolutely beg Obama for any and every form of 'protection' the gov can dream up.....all for one purpose, control.

if there is one thing every government in history shares its the tendency towards greater control over its subjects.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I can't believe I voted that joke into office. If I had only found ATS sooner to wake me up!!!!! In all honesty, it still seems like more than 50% of the population doesn't give a damn about what happened. They just wake up, get their latte, drop the kids off, and go to work. Unbelievable. I'm making sure all my friends/ family stay vigilant!!!

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Ram

The lighter brown colored stuff (looks redish)is oil with dispersant.
The light brown color of the rivers and the shoreline is muddy waters spilled into the gulf from the Mississippi and other rivers.
The panic on this thread that those two pictures in the OP caused is paranoia. This thread is stupid, bordering on being a hoax, the person who took the pictures is stupid if he thinks that he was taking pictures of oily water. I will move on to another thread since people in this thread have selective reading comprehension. I leave you to your hysterics.
Good bye.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join