It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 Amateur Photos from commercial flight over Gulf of Mexico

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Just Wondering
HA! I'm calling [HOAX] on this one, those pictures show a normal Louisiana coastline. why is everyone freaking out?
Where is the oil in those pictures?

I think you are on to something. here is a photo for comparison:

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
These are the actual sponsors of the Gulf Aquarium exhibit in New Orleans, LA

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by dzonatas

Honestly, it is hard to tell what is in your picture. it looks like the setting sun reflecting off the white caps? can't really make it out, do you have a larger format?
I like your new avatr btw.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by mweiss
These are the actual sponsors of the Gulf Aquarium exhibit in New Orleans, LA

Yes it is a beautiful exhibit, have you seen it? It has a mock offshore platform and all the sealife that inhabits the platform. really cool!

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by renegadeloser

well actually its more likely to cause an ice if it stops the warm currents that keep the earth warm which is extremely likely

Say... Waitaminit... Any thoughts on this? You have the 'Climate' or 'global warming' bunch- and now this... Are these yahoos maybe trying to plunge the planet into an ice age?

Be one really nasty way to control the population....

Not like we're able to stop them anyways...

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Just Wondering

If you look @33 sec & @49 sec at the video posted here then I think you'll get a better idea of what you see in the picture in this thread, which is an AP photo.

[edit on 23-5-2010 by dzonatas]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by searchforknowledge

Easy to say when you won't be paying the taxes to clean up BP's bloody mess, isn't it?

Why should Obama "be seen" to be doing something to fix BP's mess? Maybe BP should be seen doing something? Only thing Obama needs to do is make sure BP actually does it and cleans the mess.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by dzonatas

seen that video. it has nothing to do with the area in the pics the
op posted

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Oh my God i thought these were photos of mexico or something.... it didn't in that these were photos of water for quite a few minutes... im still not sure i believe it is water... this is horrible. man i'm awestruck.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
So some people were calling the pictures a hoax. I should of tried to find before pictures, this is the only picture of the MS delta I could find that "looked" like the area.

I have tried to contact the person who took the photos to see if she knew where the first photo was taken, what altitude if they mentioned it. I don't know what the area looks like before all this mess happened. I've been to Biloxi's beaches and I have been on some Louisiana beaches on a road trip through the area. The water isn't clear one bit, and I am sure it's related to the Mississippi. I remember in some of the LA beaches we drove to, signs said people weren't allowed to swim in parts, I am assuming b/c of the currents.

I don't mean to scare people. I am just disgusted with the ordeal as the next person!

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Hoaxed pics? I don't think so! There is roughly 1'500'000 barrels of crude oil out there right now. Are you in denial like BP?

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
yeah, they are a hoax because they imply that the brown silt laden spill off water from the mississippi is oil and that it has traveled up the mississippi and other rivers turning them the same color brown.

thread=[HOAX]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Here is a Link to a forecast.

Taking into consideration the size on the radar, it is completely reasonable to believe that the oil spill would look as massive as it does from the air.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I'm from NZ and even I can tell it's not oil. The first photo could be over any swamp area like the amazon if you look closely the key giveaway is there. The second photo is of the Mississipi delta brown water staining like you would find outside any river including the Nile, Amazon etc.
Then a reference to a dead Dolphin ! One dead dolphin? Is that all? I've seen them here and theres no oil spill.
Granted the environmental catasprohe is real and disasterous but for heavens sake get some real photos of real oil before posting something that causes all the easily taken in ATS people to get fuming.
I hope they see these photos in a different light now for what they are.

[edit on 23-5-2010 by daggyz]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy

20 something plus stars and your post was removed?
Seems like there was alot of agreement in what you said!
Censored for off topic with 20 plus stars?

Way to go

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Those pictures are showing land guys........ look at them a little closer.....

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Judohawk

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy
Boycott? LMAO! Americans have lost their #ing balls. Do you really think boycotting will do anything in this day and age? What is this Mandela and South Africa? Gimme a break. BP and the other companies involved have single handedly destroyed an entire ecosystem, and decimated an entire economy and all we can do is talk about boycotts? Where are the riots? Where are the trashing of BP gas stations? Where are the tar and feather literally of some of these asshole corporate execs? That's why NOTHING changes and nothing in America ever will. Nobody has any balls to do anything. And it's easy to sit back and say why don't I do something? We all individually have something to lose. Of course. I have a job, a wife, bills to pay and I happen to like my freedom. But if we came together collectively I'd have no problem throwing a few buckets of black paint all over the local BP station or staging a mass riot in their parking lot. But why can't we band together as Americans and collectively riot anymore? Because no one gives a flying # about anything unless it directly affects them. I mean hell I don't even see the people in the Gulf rioting at all. And we love to call terrorists willing to blow themselves up for 12 virgins in the afterlife cowards???????????????? PLease.............
We can't even slumber outside our front door for a real life tangible cause!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey internet tough guy, lay off the mountain dew.

Actually, he is right about our collective country being ball-less,
we have no real leadership, or moral compass or ethics anymore,
it's all talk by the media for the corporations.
I dont think its mountain dew, I think it's moutain true.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
The seventh seal has been broken, the second angel has sounded his trumpet. One third of the ocean will turn to blood. what we are seeing in the Gulf was predicted two thousand years ago. Hold on, I think the ride is just starting.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mechata2u2
The seventh seal has been broken, the second angel has sounded his trumpet. One third of the ocean will turn to blood. what we are seeing in the Gulf was predicted two thousand years ago. Hold on, I think the ride is just starting.

HAHA dude oil is not blood

there is no ride other than the ride that the bible has taken you on..... la la land

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join