It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 Amateur Photos from commercial flight over Gulf of Mexico

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:
Ram

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Limegreen
I leave you to your hysterics.
Good bye.

Yea - see you...
Have a nice journey...

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Seeing those images makes one wonder about the 'peak oil' thing. Seems to be plenty left, if all that comes from ONE platform. You'd have thought it would have bled out by now.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by mweiss

Wow that's disgusting! Thanks for sharing S&F.

I really wish the public saw these types of pictures, it's all lies on the MSM, we need to spread these pictures through out the internet and to our friends and family so the truth can get out.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
i am not going to post any more updates on the oil . Now its time for recovery for the gulf . The oil has done its job , not its time to clean it.

[edit on 23-5-2010 by AndersonLee]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Limegreen
reply to post by Ram

The lighter brown colored stuff (looks redish)is oil with dispersant.
The light brown color of the rivers and the shoreline is muddy waters spilled into the gulf from the Mississippi and other rivers.
The panic on this thread that those two pictures in the OP caused is paranoia. This thread is stupid, bordering on being a hoax, the person who took the pictures is stupid if he thinks that he was taking pictures of oily water. I will move on to another thread since people in this thread have selective reading comprehension. I leave you to your hysterics.
Good bye.

I don't own the pictures, but they were posted on the facebook group Boycott BP. I haven't seen before pictures to compare to, so to know the pictures I posted are truly oil is hard to compare. So yes, water around the Mississippi will be brackish. I still think the first pictures looks like oil, but I don't know. I don't have a degree in oceanology or know what looks "normal" in the gulf. I didn't post the pictures to be a hoax, but to my knowledge they are real. Since the mainstream media is putting a blockade of information to be let out, I feel pictures like these will be our only chance to know what is happening.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Well these pitctures seem to show the terrible devistation that has been caused by this leak, and I am unconvinced that the US Government and BP are being straight with people about the scale of this disaster. I can understand why BP would not want to have pictures like these being broadcast, afterall the only consideration of the BP CEO is ensuring that his company and his shareholders dont look to bad in all of this.

This story does not seem to be given much airtime on the news channels here in the UK, 30 seconds at most and no footage or photographs of the spill itself, so that we the public can actually see just how huge this spill is and the consequences for the environment.

I must say that President Obama has not shown the decisive leadership that one would have hoped for, and he seems to be taking a back seat, leaving everything up to BP to sort out, in a way that is the correct stance, as BP are responsible, but right now he as President needs to be directing the efforts and applying a more hands on approach to get this leak capped as soon as possible.

I will say that i disagree with starting riots, and attacking BP petrol stations, that will not cap this leak and will only lead to employee's at these pertol stations being harmed simply because they work for the company, it is not their fault that this happend and would be wrong to subject them to any threats, violence or intimidation.

The leak needs capped, and this requires the best minds to get together to find a way to do that before this appauling situation gets any worse. There will be plenty of time to blame people and have a post mortem on this incident, but this is not that time. Focus on stopping the leak and above all remain calm, getting hot headed about it is helping no one.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by nh_ee

I agree with you totally! It is no secret that actually previous administrations allowed this to happen and that what did not happen here was to have remote emergency cut off valves as a cost containment measure by the companies involved in US off shore drilling. Because the oil companies run the laws...All companies involved with this (and more than just BP) failed and failed in such a massive scale that I think generations will be paying for and experiencing this ecological disaster.

What I don't understand is why they aren't concentrating on more than just sealing (of course of Highest PRIORITY) but also on reclaiming the loose oil from the water. Oil and water are not misceable and they should be working on filtering out the oil from the Gulf and reclaiming it. Hopefully, this is happening and we just don't know about these efforts.

BTW, I just joined ATS and this is my very first post. Be kind.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Loken68
reply to post by Shark_Feeder

Here's you thought. Oil in the gulf, not even a quarter of what the Exxon Valdez spilled. Environmental impact not even a drop in the bucket compared to the Valdez.

Get your facts straight, then you can distort them ...

Exxon Valdez: 250'000 barrels

BP gulf spill: 1'500'000 barrels (as of 5-21-2010)

The fact that BP won't allow independent scientist to measure the flow of curde oil says everything. A conservative estimate is 50'000 barrels a day. BP's official number is 5'000 barrels a day.

I have no clue why Obama let BP be in charge of the operation. So far their handling of the disaster has been dismal to say the least

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by griffin1

Welcome and I enjoyed your first post. You raise troubling questions. I think BP are in denial about the accident.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
heres an ongoing question ive had bouncing around in my head since i really began to notice the obscene level of inaction on the part of those who actually COULD probably do something:

do they know something we dont?

well probably they do know something, or many somethings that we dont....but consider the question in this context..... how could these people deliberately allow such devastation to continue while smiling at every photo op and graduation speech......how could execs and smokesmen (i mean spokesmen) be so unemotional and matter of fact when describing the many incarnations of failure they experience when supposedly making every effort to contain the leak....

and all i could come up with(yes this is a conspiracy site after all) is....they must not be worried about the long=term fall out because they know something we dont.

remember, these people have families and loved ones too. They may not give a rats ass about you and yours....but even selfish sick muthers like these probly care at least a little bit about their own flesh and blood...you would think.....so what could possibly motivate them to allow such destructive forces to continue uninterrupted unless they had some kind of security that it wouldnt affect them. I mean, you gotta consider....a truly selfish person would not allow forces to totally destroy the foundations of resources that they themselves would need to continue their self serving existences.....

so how could they possibly allow such terrible devastation to continue? they must know something we dont about either the longterm affect...or that they have access to resources that have nothing to do with the destruction that is taking place in the gulf.

I favor the latter explanation.

remember, this IS a conspiracy site.

If i was a super rich, super wealthy person, Elite or what have you...i would have not just a plan b, or plan c, i would have ultimate redundancy upon redundancy in case world catastrophe or social unrest/unravelling. You MUST try to use your imagination when analyzing these things. These people dont think like us...and they are privy to things we can only dream of.

so.....heres my thought for what its worth. I think the reason for the lackadaisical response has alot to do with the probability that the elite have backup plans for everything you can imagine. Oh, so theres a super solar flare in 2012 that wipes out everything down to five miles deep.....they have a plan. Oh, theres a super tidal wave like in the movie 2012 ...yes they have underground complexes or superboats waiting for them. So theres massive destruction of food sources like fish and other seafood? Oh, no worries, they have huge pools and aquariums all over the world being spawned and seeded constantly to provide the very things that for you and me might very well be endangered.

you have to remember....once you are a billionaire..there are very few things you cannot obtain....and since money is a fabrication anyway, once you own the ability create, fabricate things....own massive tracts of land and resources unseen......well......again, i urge.....use your imagination.......
'they' certainly have......

peace....

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
A video off YouTube showing dead fish: www.youtube.com...

I know it's spring, and around here by Lake Michigan, it's normal the coast to be covered by the fish "chad". Still, the number of fish on the coast look abnormal. Just another interesting video. I haven't looked to see if it was already posted on ATS, I am sorry if it was.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thermo Klein

Originally posted by mweiss

This photo was also uploaded on facebook, it's a dead dolphin: www.facebook.com...#!/photo.php?op=1&view=all&sub j=119101198107726&aid=-1&pid=4717477&id=516146226&oid=119101198107726&fbid=395496121226

Looks like I got Cheney's Christmas card ready - yeah, no shopping!

Exactly! I'm not saying BP is not to blame, but what about Halliburton ? Weren't they in on this disaster as well?
And that is a great Xmas card for him!

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by AllIsOne

Thank! I have been following ATS for quite awhile and felt now was the time to join. As I understand, feds and the like actually monitor this site and hopefully good suggestions and thoughts get passed on.

I have been going to Pensacola Fla for years and enjoying the Gulf, sadly I think those days are gone.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Meanwhile Iran's second offer to cap this oil geyser is being ignored, just as the first was.

One can't let a country hated by Israel save the world's oceans ...

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Thermo Klein

oil is a natural resource, water is a natural resource. problem solved.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllIsOne

The fact that BP won't allow independent scientist to measure the flow of curde oil says everything. A conservative estimate is 50'000 barrels a day. BP's official number is 5'000 barrels a day.

I have no clue why Obama let BP be in charge of the operation. So far their handling of the disaster has been dismal to say the least

I'm curious and frustrated at the same time. The MSM has about a 30 second sound byte on this disaster and never never shows explicit photos like this nor talk about the implications of such a catastrophe. This drives me nuts

And,...

Is it really only BP who is given the task to figure this out? Why the hell isn't every nation involved? This is not just a Gulf issue, this is a global issue. Why can't these politicians see that?

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ikonspyre

Sorry, but NO. Where was the backup plan for the Exxon Valdez? Where was the backup plan for Chernobyl?

The sad truth is that they don't care about the environment as long as the bottom line can be enhanced.

BTW: BP's liability is limited to a measly $75 million by US law. We, the tax payers, will pick up the tab. And that amount will be in the billions.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Judohawk

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy
Boycott? LMAO! Americans have lost their #ing balls. Do you really think boycotting will do anything in this day and age? What is this Mandela and South Africa? Gimme a break. BP and the other companies involved have single handedly destroyed an entire ecosystem, and decimated an entire economy and all we can do is talk about boycotts? Where are the riots? Where are the trashing of BP gas stations? Where are the tar and feather literally of some of these asshole corporate execs? That's why NOTHING changes and nothing in America ever will. Nobody has any balls to do anything. And it's easy to sit back and say why don't I do something? We all individually have something to lose. Of course. I have a job, a wife, bills to pay and I happen to like my freedom. But if we came together collectively I'd have no problem throwing a few buckets of black paint all over the local BP station or staging a mass riot in their parking lot. But why can't we band together as Americans and collectively riot anymore? Because no one gives a flying # about anything unless it directly affects them. I mean hell I don't even see the people in the Gulf rioting at all. And we love to call terrorists willing to blow themselves up for 12 virgins in the afterlife cowards???????????????? PLease.............
We can't even slumber outside our front door for a real life tangible cause!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey internet tough guy, lay off the mountain dew.

Thank you for quoting the original message, or i wouldnt have been able to see it.

Zosynspiracy has it right, we should be destroying BP property everywhere we see it, maybe then they will get the idea that we are sort of mad about this.

Maybe instead of Zo "laying off the mt dew", you should lay off the tap water, i think its making you docile.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
TPTB definitely know something we don't. I start to think that BP inadvertently tapped a volcano and there is nothing, absolutely nothing we can do to stop the flow ...

I hope I'm wrong ..

Also, why hasn't their latest announcement sparked a revolt in the US? BP said if they don't succeed on Tuesday they might be able to cap it in AUGUST !!!!!!!!!!

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ikonspyre

Arrogance and greed. Whether it's "go(ing) to war with the army you have, not the army you might want or wish to have at a later time" or drilling with the equipment you have, not the equip you might want or wish to have at a later time (or not to have at all!).

And besides, the higher up you go, the more insulated you are from realities of your decisions. You literally don't live next to your chemical plant like those poorer than you do, for example, but live quite removed from its effects. You don't fish those waters for a living, your company just has a rig far from shore.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join