It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

S. Korea to convene emergency meeting of top military generals

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Where are all of you getting your information on the DPRK from /

Western media right ?

Certainly not from the DPRK itself , maybe they are right to stop the west's influence look how we have turned out !

we # everyone over for a quick buck and dont even give them a reach around !

I cant say Im getting any information which you dont have , but at least I can see that any information given to us by western media is going to be at least Pro US or Pro UK

its definetly not going to show that the DPRK are awesome especially when our governments hate them , and sanction their people to poverty .

If you look at the world stats for agriculture and ariable land in the North of the Korean peninsula you can see its mostly mountainous terrain with hardly any ariable land , so the norths only source of food should be from international trade , yet the G8 sanction the DPRK for using nukes , when they are hypocrites as the G8 kicked off nuclear testing

So just because they want a nuclear deterrent and Nuclear power as apposed to fossil fuel ( again international trade) they are denied such wonders of the 21st century , simply because they dont align with the west

the UN sanction the DPRK so they cant trade and feed their people and their economy , so effectively it is not Kim who is killing his people its our governments !

and we vote them in , so its us that are killing these people !

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by sapien82
Where are all of you getting your information on the DPRK from /

Western media right ?

No, not really but from China, which has a huge problem of North Koreans running across their Southern boarder into China to get away from the regime. Their stories

Certainly not from the DPRK itself

Well now you are catching on. Good for you! Now a few steps more, you can do it.

we # everyone over for a quick buck and dont even give them a reach around !

Speak for yourself. I make sure my lover is always taken care of! Always!

I cant say Im getting any information which you don't have , but at least I can see that any information given to us by western media is going to be at least Pro US or Pro UK

Not always! We citizens of the West are our own biggest MSM critics.
Admit it! You have a chip on your shoulder over the West and US.

its definetly not going to show that the DPRK are awesome especially when our governments hate them , and sanction their people to poverty .

Yeah sanctions?. hmmm?

Have you ever heard of the word Juche AKA self imposed.....

Juche is a component of Kimilsungism, North Korea's political system.[1] The word literally means "main body" or "subject"; it has also been translated in North Korean sources as "independent stand" and the "spirit of self-reliance".

Self reliance?
It Seems to have blown up in their faces

[edit on 20-5-2010 by SLAYER69]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Hey Slay. Gotcher six.

In case anybody anywhere doubts that US Forces will kill the carp out of ANYBODY that messes with them ANYWHERE, ANYTIME listen up people:

It is SO true.

The South Koreans I know in the States love the USA. What is clear is that 'someone' wants war between the North and South (and the US), and went to a lot of trouble to sink that SK ship.

If the North did that, then they are bent on suicide.

NK has one intelligent choice: stand down-

or there's gonna be a bull market in body bags.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by sapien82

They have open trade with China. Talk to China. China decides what NK has or does not have. You seem to be making it up as you go along based on some hatred you have lost control of. Hate blinds people to truth. It always has.

A person can hate his country or the world and bitch and moan like an old woman or they can love their country and try to make it better each generation. We have plenty of complainers in this world and very few who love this world enough to be a positive influence upon it. Complainers add nothing to this world of any value, they just bitch a lot.

Anyhow, just thought you should consider the fact China determines what NK gets, not the US. China could feed and supply them anytime they wish. Send them a letter.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by sapien82

Regardless of where you get your information from, unless it's from N. Korea, it will show N. Korea in a bad light. Because that country is run by a bad leader. The DNK (Dictatorship of North Korea) has only itself to blame for the position they're in. There have been refugees that have escaped N. Korea to tell their tale of the atrocities they've been accustomed to or have witnessed. Specifically, human rights and poverty. "Western Media" is the biggest critic of western civilization. For the most part, they are fair because if they were to be caught being fraudulent that would ruin their career. So to say that just because it's told on "western media" and not straight from N. Korea itself isn't a good point at all.

These governments do not hate the DNK. The sanctions against DNK are because of human rights abuses, weapons trafficing, UN Violations, and more. Playing with nukes are not helping things. Not one bit. The DNK, seems to me, to be an unstable country with an even more-so unstable dictator leader. Why would any part of the world want this regime to have nuclear weapons? The amount of money that Kim spends on weapons proves that he's not looking for a new type of energy(nuclear), he wants a new weapon(Nuclear). If you follow the news, he's not testing safe energy plants... he's testing nuclear missiles. I don't want anymore nuclear weapons being made... I don't care who has them or who wants them because of who has them. They are no good.

The DNK need a new leader and a new government. A young child is NOT qualified to run a country... even if it is a dying country.

Edit: Typos

[edit on 20-5-2010 by joshter]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
and whats wrong with hating my government and your government its our countries that #ed up the world !

I dont want the people of korea to suffer any more than you do , especially if their leader commits crimes , but we are no better than they are for punishing an entire nation based on their leader !

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
A few minor sanctions and more sour words will be said, but nothing will become of it. YOUNG JEDI, USE THE FORCE.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   

but we are no better than they are for punishing an entire nation based on their leader !

What are your suggestions then? What would you do if you had complete control over any actions from now to five years?

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Good afternoon, sapien82. I was reading this thread, and came upon some of your musings. Forgive me, but they seem rather out there? First off, allow me to present my view on this controversial subject.

It appears the disagreements between the two Koreas have come to a head. The provocation form North Korea is a call for war, sailors from the South Korean Navy were killed by a North Korean vessel. Furthermore, it appears the Koreans were in their own territorial waters. The incursion in and of itself is playing with fire, but to torpedo a vessel in a nation's own territorial waters is a dastardly act of aggression.

Hopefully, these Generals are of sound mind and reasoning, because a war on the Korean Peninsula will be a blood bath. Especially, when the North has something like thousands of well fortified artillery pieces which could level the capitol.

North Korea has more than 10,000 pieces of artillery aimed at the wealthy South and which could in a matter of hours destroy much of the capital Seoul, 25 miles (40 km) from the border.

www.thenews.com.pk...

We are talking about thousands, if not millions of casualties. Then who knows how many military casualties on both sides as they turn that peninsula into a wasteland within days. Then we have not only the US with interests in the region, but China, Japan, and Russia. I am fairly certain those nations would not want the Korean affair going hot in their own backyards.

In China, Russia, and South Korea's case, it is almost certain as combat operations convene in the North, those countries can expect a refugee crisis of epic proportions. Then, we have North Korea, also known as the Democratic People's Republic of Korea or DPRK possessing a limited nuclear arsenal. As for operational capabilities of these armaments, western intelligence agencies and governments remain unclear?

With just what I have mentioned above, war would truly be hell for all those involved. It will be a meat grinder that is for certain. In retrospect, the Korean War was no cake walk, and some in the US government even recommended the use of nuclear weapons.

how many of you are thinking the DPRK want to brutally murder their brothers and sisters in the US controlled south

You know for certain what intent Kim Jong Il has for his brethren in South Korea? If you do, maybe you should work for an intelligence agency or something, because I am fairly sure they would bend over backwards to meet your acquaintance. On a serious note, given Kim's lust for luxuries, he probably sees the abundantly wealthy South as his own future piggy bank? Similar to the rewards reaped by China when the British handed over Hong Kong in 1997. The Brits turned that area into a very wealthy and cosmopolitan city. If there is anything left of the South and the North are the victors, they would be gaining quite an equitable spoil of war.

Now, you talk about the DPRK not wanting to brutally murder South Koreans. Well, I would have to disagree. Why then do they have over 10,000 artillery pieces aimed at the capitol and a civilian sector? It seems like some good old fashioned murdering would result from a North Korean strike with that kind of firepower? That is a heck of a lot of fire power for such a benevolent neighbor? Oh yeah, you say the US controls the South? Well, to my knowledge the US has been there under auspices of the United Nations, and with the permission of the SK government. The Korean War was fought by a multinational force as well.

The US is there to ensure provisions of the Armistice of 1953 are followed by the DPRK. North Korea was the aggressor in the first war, and there is no doubt about that. In any case, the US are there to augment the SK military forces in the event they are attacked. I value your opinion, but sadly, I still believe it is flawed. Hopefully, war does not break out, and sound minds prevail.

[edit on 20-5-2010 by Jakes51]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   

all of you defending the US and the south koreans , you are actually aware that the US are invaders in the korean peninsula!

How so? Gimme a history lesson. Please. You're aware of the whole 'cold war', UN sponsored invite to protect the south from northern aggression, right?

Much like the British were in India , Honk Kong and many other countries that the brits stole in when the commonwealth was alive. The difference being is that the brits returned the sovereignty back to the nations.

Not quite sure what the British have to do with it, other than them having been in on the original party thrown by the North Koreans and the UN. Hong Kong and India are both a good ways from Korea, India in particular doesn't seem to have anything to do with this situation, and the only commonality that could conceivably bring Hong Kong into the discussion is aggression by... the Chinese, with the common proximity and all that. Of course, I can sort of see your particular mention of India, too. After all, it DOES border nepal, doesn't it?

I Bet you're VERY familiar with the Chinese, hmm?

The US are simply they for military strategic advantage not to protect the South koreans from the north but to divide them from the north so they can command eurasia more effectively , South korea serves as another choke point in the far east much like Okinawa!

How's that collar feeling there, buddy? Choking, you say?

None of you can deny the strategic value of the military and air force bases in these foreign lands! These serve to bolster the US empire and protect the homeland and also serve as a staging area need they expand their empire.

Well, there's that of course... AND the fact that it's on a frontier to check aggression by other empire builders... like China, eh? We both know that the US hasn't got a monopoly on expansionistic emprirical tendencies, don't we? If you can't agree yet, just ask your employer. They might clue you in, if you ask nicely.

the US doesnt give a flying monkeys about the south koreans , they are just innocent bystander in all of this.

You might want to check with some of the US soldiers that have served there before making broadly general assumptions like that. My buddy here says you're full of it. So does his Korean wife.

the DPRK ( north korea) all of you start calling it by its proper name

Sonny, I don't need any lessons in calling a spade a spade. Of course, what YOU call Zimbabwe I still call Rhodesia, what you call 'Myanmar' I still call Burma, and what you call Kampuchea I still call Cambodia. What ever we chose to CALL these places doesn't change what they ARE, now does it? Sounds like a smoke screen to me. Before you get on your high horse about any 'DPRK', I suggest you research what 'Democratic' and 'People's' means, and get back to me on how either of those terms apply to the governance of North Korea.

only want reunification of their entire homeland ,

Riiiight. ONLY? No, that implies narrow constraints. You need to add WHAT sort of governance they 'ONLY' want their 'homeland' reunified under. You say 'only' reunification, I say dictatorial expansion. Are you seriously implying that upon 'reunification' little Kimmy and all his commie cohorts will just step down and let freedom reign in the north as well as the south?

I dunno. You might be right. The South Koreans might LIKE chronic shortages of everything, including food. For all I know, there might be a drive on there right now to start throwing their food away and start eating fellow Koreans.

Naah.

however they cannot as the largest super power in the wolrd is stopping them and using every power available including the UN security council to make the DPRK look like an evil dictatorship ,

'LOOK LIKE'? How do you define something that actually IS 'an evil dicatortship' then?

when in reality the DPRK are nothing more than a developing nation with diffferent political ideology to the west.

Yeah. Sure. They're just 'honest businessmen' who happen to be in the neighborhood when ships spontaneously explode. Believe me, I know the type.

Something the US government cant stand because it serves to remind them of the terrible war they fought against communism and lost , during vietnam and the long struggle against Mother Russia

Lost? They don't educate you very well over there, do they? The US left Vietnam in 1973, and South Vietnam 'lost' to North Vietnam in April, 1975. Now, if you want to talk about 'losses' to Vietnam, there WAS that pesky invasion, in 1979 I think, that was repulsed in a month by Vietnam. Who was that that invaded and got trounced again? Wasn't the US... wait, it's coming back to me now... it was... CHINA!

And a 'long struggle against Mother Russia'? You really shouldn't drink that stuff, it'll rot your brain. Just so you'll know, 'Mother Russia' wasn't the opposition to the US during the Cold War, it was The Soviet Union. Where is the Soviet Union NOW? WHO 'lost' again? 'Mother Russia' is alive and well, and contains some really nice, non-communist folks these days.

Yet years later after the supposed cold war has ended the war of the minds still lives on ,because the Evil empires propaganda still resides in your minds,

Careful there, lest you tip your hand as to which side of this 'new' Cold War' you're on. Me? Most folks around here already KNOW which side I'm on!

and the main purpose of this site is to deny ignorance , and yes you are being ignorant to the DPRK.

I dunno, man. Must be SOME reason the South Koreans aren't running en masse across the DMZ to get to North Korea. Maybe they know something I don't?

Imagine you are a proud nation a soveriegn nation and some super power wants to impose their will upon you , change your political ideology and usurp your own government and install a regime that has no interest in its people , or their culture . What do you do , do you open the front gates roll out the red carpet and let them waltz right in a set up shop !

You appear to be advocating that South Korea do just that for the North Koreans and Chinese...

Imagine americans if this happened to you , oh wait it did , when the british yes a super power at the time wanted to keep you as a part of the commonwealth , yet you stood against them and set about change , you didnt want to be ruled by the british king and you set up your own government !

So the DPRK arent so far from the US when you think about it!
Still here you are believing your lying government once again ,

There's a world of difference between the Americans setting up their own government and determining their own destinies and, say for instance, 'unifying' with Mexico and Canada, and forcing our ways and government on THEM.

So, yeah, North Korea is VASTLY different from the US.

Hey, I have a question for you. Do the letters 'MSS' or the words '6th Bureau' have any special meaning to you?

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   

and whats wrong with hating my government and your government its our countries that #ed up the world !

What are you doing to change it? Are you running for office where you live? Do you raise money to help others? Are you studying to be a Journalist to spread the truth?

What you don't seem to get is the people of NK were brainwashed since birth to hate YOU. They would kill you in a heartbeat, no matter how much you care.

The way to help is to rid the world of their bizarre government and educate them. How do you do that from outside NK's borders. Do you think the world could just say come on over for dinner and they would stop by for a beer?

All of us on this board are upset at something. We all know things are very wrong. We also know that not everyone is bad. Not everyone is guilty. Not all news is a lie and our leaders for the most part are honest because they would loose their power if they were not.

If you think all of the US is bad or all of the UK is bad, you are wrong. If you hate somebody just because of their nationality you are very wrong.

It is our Fruit that defines us. What we actually do and not what we say or complain about. It's the apathy of people who sit around and complain that allows bad people to use us. They know complainers never do anything or help anyone. It's the positive people who are right in the trenches that change this world.

You can't possibly know any South Koreans if you think they hate the US or want any part of the Beloved Leaders nightmare. Those kids protesting in SK are just kids like the kids we have here who run around screaming Anarchy is the way. They grow up to be adults. Some never do and they become the haters, the KKK members, the Alex Jones of this world. They never do anything positive and in fact spread their hate to others. They are as much of the problem as our governments are as they define what the governments are protecting us against. Bigotry, hatred and destructive idea's.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
posted on 5/20/10 at 19:34

reply to post by Dynamitrios

I just get tired of the Norths s*** . In no way do I want innocent people to be hurt, Nor do I wish war on any Nation. And you are right their all innocent even SOME of the military.

I'm just fed up with all that is going on in that country, My anger got the best of me, I Let the subject beat me of my cool. I will admit though that I wont mind if Kim Jong got taken out.
We cant let them continue with their threatening ways.

We, the USA aren't killing their people, Kim is. and he needs to be removed any way feasible. Their will always be collateral damage with any war. I do feel though, That the North did the damage to the ship. And need to be held accountable for their actions. NOT just sanctions, enough with the sanctions.
Look where that is getting us with Iran..... NOWHERE!!!! Pyongyang needs to be removed from the face of the earth. And what citizens are left can be free from the work camps and the slavery they are put into, Not to mention the Arranged marriages the guards set up on a daily basis, whether they want to marry or not. I agree with what I say still, The country needs to be shut down at any cost. Again my two cents, My opinion that I am entitled to. whether you like it or not.

[edit on 20-5-2010 by C21H30O2I]

[edit on 20-5-2010 by C21H30O2I]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by C21H30O2I

We, the USA aren't killing their people, Kim is.

Epiphanies are wonderful things. You have it right.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Update : N. Korea threatens to annul relations, agreements with S. Korea

North Korea threatened Friday to freeze all inter-Korean relations and annul past agreements, charging Seoul of creating an atmosphere "reminiscent of a wartime situation" by falsely accusing Pyongyang for the deadly sinking of a South Korean warship.

We are ALMOST afraid.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

I see, my bad.

I tend to believe the article, with the South Korean source. I don't trust the new report. There has been time now to fudge the results. I do think the North is capable of an attack, I just don't think they would do one and then stop.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
DPRK regards present situation as phase of war

The Democratic People's Republic of Korea regards the present situation as a phase of war with South Korea following the publication of the investigation results of warship Cheonan's sinking, the KCNA said Friday.

This sure doesn't sounds good.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   

"We have said for a long time that if there were a problem in Korea our main arms would be the Navy and the Air Force, and those are not stretched in the same way that the ground forces are," he said.

Yeah that sure worked well against the chinese in 52 uh? NOT.

Sorry but with no boots on the ground, forget it.

Of course there's the SKorean troops, but a lot of them don't want the US on their peninsula but they don't want to be under NK rule either.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Neither does this....

english.yonhapnews.co.kr...

www.asahi.com...

[edit on 20-5-2010 by freetree64]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
The only reason North Korea is not on fire as we speak is because we all know China is really behind this. Kim would need permission to pull a stunt like this and I doubt one of his toy subs could have pulled it off.

This screams set-up. China wants to take a spoil from South Korea and boot the U.S. out of their backyard at the same time. China knows how the U.S. is stretched thin these days and that this would possibly draw the U.S. away from their money pit in Iran and into striking distance for them.

China can NOT project power so they need to fight in their own backyard and very smartly to even consider thinking about giving the U.S. a bloody nose.

China would be wise to shut up and sit down because they don't even know what kind of hurt we will bring to them if they want to play.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Hmm yeah and we didn't have 13 Super Carriers then or B-2s and F-22 Raptors either with nuclear weapons at the ready. This time we would take Macs advise and Duke Nukem.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join