It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

S. Korea to convene emergency meeting of top military generals

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
how many of you are thinking the DPRK want to brutally murder their brothers and sisters in the US controlled south

they dont they want nothing more than to liberate them from US occupation and remove their military bases , the DPRK want a unified Korea they dont want to kill innocents , they want to remove the government which is PRO US

If any civilians have died in conflict between the DPRK and South Korea then they are unfortunate casualties of war , and dont say that its disgusting

how many innocents have the US killed recently in iraq and afghanistan we have all seen the videos !

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

In this dream world I imagine.... I imagine the United States stopping 100% of foreign aide...
All of you loud mouth pieces would stfu in less than a year.. If we didnt supply half the world with money and food.. 10 to 15% population reduction in 12 months. I pray to the old man in the clouds that grants wishes that we STOP sending money.... Just stop.. Bring home our troops.. Give them sniper rifles.. Put them on our borders.. Do you realize how many problems I just solved with this hypothetical scenario? Now prepare for the bleeding liberal backlash of replies... Bring it on.. I am still going to wish for it. I had an idea... Bring home the troops.. Put 25% of them in stadiums with Pc's and have them start moving the immigration process along..

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Mobius1974

sounds good to me , yes your hypothetical situation just brought about world peace !

all of american military bases recalled , america closed border country , cuts trade with world becomes self dependant stops international aid !

about #ing time !

oh wait thats just a dream world eh !

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Works both ways, lol. How about all the worlds resources you have stolen.

See works both ways, you have made sure so many countries never industrialized, including africa, and then bill gates talks about helping africa. lol

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by sapien82
all of you defending the US and the south koreans , you are actually aware that the US are invaders in the korean peninsula!

Do you even know the Cold War history of the region or are you just spewing BS rhetoric?

Much like the British were in India , Honk Kong and many other countries that the brits stole in when the commonwealth was alive. The difference being is that the brits returned the sovereignty back to the nations. The US are simply they for military strategic advantage not to protect the South koreans from the north but to divide them from the north so they can command eurasia more effectively , South korea serves as another choke point in the far east much like Okinawa!

Have you ever thought that maybe the South Koreans simply do not want to live under Northern Rule? Take a look at both economies and global influence. I'm pretty sure over all the South is a healthier, more robust and freer society.

None of you can deny the strategic value of the military and air force bases in these foreign lands! These serve to bolster the US empire and protect the homeland and also serve as a staging area need they expand their empire.

This much is true. We have sacrificed thousands of our own men. Yes, we do not want to see a repeat of that disaster especially with a nut job Like little Kimmy and his poof hairdo running the show up north.

the US doesnt give a flying monkeys about the south koreans , they are just innocent bystander in all of this.

FAIL.

That's why we are willing to station thousands of American troops in harms way?

the DPRK ( north korea) all of you start calling it by its proper name

OK then

FANTASYLAND: Ruled by a pint sized mental midget with delusions of grandeur.

only want reunification of their entire homeland , however they cannot as the largest super power in the wolrd is stopping them and using every power available including the UN security council to make the DPRK look like an evil dictatorship ,

I dunno which side keeps threatening war if somebody farts the wrong way? Ask yourself this. Do South Koreans want to be unified under his rule?

when in reality the DPRK are nothing more than a developing nation with diffferent political ideology to the west.

AND.... South Korea's!

Something the US government cant stand because it serves to remind them of the terrible war they fought against communism and lost , during vietnam and the long struggle against Mother Russia

We fought and LOST? Hey Buddy, the Soviet Union is toast and the Chinese are now Capitalists!

WAKE UP!

Yet years later after the supposed cold war has ended the war of the minds still lives on ,because the Evil empires propaganda still resides in your minds,

And... little Kimmy developing and threatening to use NUKES if he doesn't get his way or when he has a temper tantrum.

and the main purpose of this site is to deny ignorance , and yes you are being ignorant to the DPRK.

No Sir... You have just exposed your IGNORANCE!

So the DPRK arent so far from the US when you think about it!
Still here you are believing your lying government once again

May I suggest...
Go to a library of your choice and open a history book or two.

your government feeds you # and tells you its chocolate you eat it , then spew it up , they feed you # again , you eat it and spew it up , how many #in times are you americans going to eat # and keep spewing it up before you realise your eating # and liking it !

Remind the readers here where you are from. Let's compare our two countries histories. I'd love to compare notes.

[edit on 20-5-2010 by SLAYER69]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
sapien82 is probably a North Korean propagandist in North Korea.

Sorry but it doesn't work.

North Korea's government is one of the most evil in the world. Your propaganda doesn't work.

It is fact that North Korea and Kim Il Sung started the war by invading the South.

It is fact that people in NKorea had to resort to CANNIBALISM because of lack of food.

It is fact that NKorea have CONCENTRATION CAMPS where to imprison children and make them work to death.

North Korea is a hellhole.

[edit on 20-5-2010 by Vitchilo]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

To an extent I agree with that poster. From my conversations with South Koreans, they have no love for the US and blame it for the situation they are in now. Several of the middle-aged people I know actually agree with Kim Il Sung. They hate that the US installed Synghman Rhee as a puppet president in the South. They also blame the Soviet Union for the war however. I have also been told many times that they are not afraid of Kim Jong Il, though they worry about what will happen when he is dead.

edit to add: You are correct about North and South uniting: nobody I have spoken to wants that, at least right now. Theyy fear the economic difficulty of lifting up the North.

edit again to clarify: most of what that poster said was complete nonsense, just agree with the one statement

[edit on 20-5-2010 by InvisibleAlbatross]

[edit on 20-5-2010 by InvisibleAlbatross]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

I am not implying anything, I am posting an article, with quotes from a South Korean official. Are his words propaganda?

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   

they dont they want nothing more than to liberate them from US occupation and remove their military bases , the DPRK want a unified Korea they dont want to kill innocents , they want to remove the government which is PRO US

Maybe we could try convincing the South Koreans that this is all the North Koreans are trying to do for their brothers and sisters to the south of them. It just might go over as good as trying to put out a fire with gasoline.

Try and take freedom from the South Koreans. I'd rather take a bath in beef blood and get into a ring of Pit Bulls than to attempt to compromise these people's freedom. They're not like lazy a**ed Americans who thrive on government handouts.

Is it peace you want? Or is it freedom? I'm sorry, you can't have both.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

You said:

sapien82 is probably a North Korean propagandist in North Korea.

Well, he's certainly not in NK. I don't believe their self-proclaimed delusional god permits them internet access, does he? That would be too threatening. They might find out he's not "all that", after all.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
You all might think I am bad but you know I am correct. WE have burned so many bridges and been behind so many wrong doings that this won't last forever. So when the $%&^ finaly goes down who do you want to be? Us or them?

/A

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   

sounds good to me , yes your hypothetical situation just brought about world peace !

all of american military bases recalled , america closed border country , cuts trade with world becomes self dependant stops international aid !

about #ing time !

oh wait thats just a dream world eh !

There are many Americans who wish we could have the same dream world.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   

I am curious, is he spouting real facts or some sort of N.Korea Propaganda? Does he note know that the North Invaded the South and the UN authorized the use of force to attack the North?

What kind of goofy dude is that guy????

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
In fact slayer I know all about a country being ruled by another im from scotland , my country has been ruled by england for hundreds of years without so much as an apology!

I made a typo when i said you lost the war , I didnt mean against russia I meant against communist vietnam , which is still commmunist and has one of the most emergant economies in the far east !

China also a communist country has a better economy than the US.

and yes I have done history at school and have read alot about the cold war .

How do you know kim is a lunatic , because you were told by western media , right ?

or have you met him personally you know him ?

I may not have alot of knowledge of things in great detail but I can see the obvious!

Im not being ignorant at all Im realistically looking at history and seeing the US using every country in the world to its advantage and getting away with it .

The us would risk any number of troops to defend its geopolitical / corporate I mean democratic interests for the free world !

they clearly dont give a # how many of you they send to their deaths to get what they want !

yet the expendable troops keep signing up because the government media keeps giving them a new enemy to hate a new enemy thats going to steal away their god given rights when these enemies are supposedly in your neighbourhood , or ready to advance on america from thousands of miles away , or drop nukes on you !

first it was the commies , next its al qaeda

Im neither a DPRK sympathiser / nor a communist , I simply dont like it when we see a country under the guise of democracy creating a global empire !

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Let's put the blame game aside for a moment and consider South Korea's options.

I did some research last night and came up with these in this post:

What are Soul's options?

South Korea can ask for UN sanctions against the North but historically North Korea ignores UN sanctions. So the UN option is useless.

South Korea can and probably will begin employment of USA sonar submarine surveillance systems that will have a significant effect in lowering the risk for future North Korean attacks.

Additional sophisticated radar systems for marine traffic are also probable options.

The Yellow Sea, where this confrontation is occurring is a major seaway for China's Bejing (population 22 million) so this obviously will potentially increase tensions with China!

This military escalation will also have impacts on the other side of peninsula with its neighbor Japan to the east as Japan is sensitive also to increased undersea surveillance.

[edit on 20/5/10 by plumranch]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by sapien82

So tell us sapien82, we have in pretty much ALL bases in the U.S. military personnel from ALL OVER THE WORLD training in U.S. soil... I guess each one of the countries that sends military personnel to live, train and work in the U.S. means they own the U.S. heh?...

link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

That is what I was responding too. I might have been clearer I suppose.

link   

In fact slayer I know all about a country being ruled by another im from scotland , my country has been ruled by england for hundreds of years without so much as an apology!

And many times afterwords they were used like a TOOL by the crown for their empire.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   

how many of you are thinking the DPRK want to brutally murder their brothers and sisters in the US controlled south

Research North Korean reeducation camps.

If they are willing to do that and starve their own Northern populous while kimmy builds facades of great cities and spends the bulk of their minuscule wealth on weapons as an example of what he is willing to do to his own people I'm sure the South has LOTS to fear!

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by sapien82

How many of you on here can honestly say the information you have heard about the DPRK can say that its information presented without bias ! All of the information you read or hear about the DPRK is from the western media from a country that holds sanctions against the DPRK
and its the DPRK , yes the democratic peoples republic of Korea , not North Korea as so many of you call it !

Yes, there is bias involved at times. But what do you expect when your dealing with a country that doesn't allow the world to see it in a better light.

US is the bully here , the DPRK have only asked the US leave the peninsula and return the korean peninsula to its sovereignty and to its people , however the South Korean government are quite happy to accept the payouts from the US for keeping bases in strategic areas to dominate Eurasia !

What steps have the DPRK taken to officially end the war with the US? If I am not mistaken a peace treaty was never signed between the two party. How can you call the US a bully for protecting a piece of terrirtory against a country they never made peace with?

the DPRK ( north korea) all of you start calling it by its proper name only want reunification of their entire homeland

Once again, what steps has the DPRK taken to acheieve such a goal?

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join