It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Couldnt charge him with a crime so they sent him to re-education.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by UfoSpecial

Originally posted by hawkiye
reply to post by tigpoppa
what you posted has just inspired me about organizing a way to get a network of people in every city in order to print posters or something with those stats on them like "NYC and LA ban guns and now have highest murder rates, more than bagdad!" "Don't fall for the anti-gun propaganda"
And whatever else looks appropriate to support valid safe gun ownership everywhere with the purpose of curbing the anti American gun banning, freedom hating power mongers... or something to that effect

[edit on 11-5-2010 by UfoSpecial]

You might want to check your statistics instead of accepting whatever uncited post you might see here.

The facts for 2009.

New York City- 461 total murders (5.51 per 100,000 people)

Los Angeles- 308 total murders (8.03 per 100,000 people)

Washington DC- 138 total murders (23 per 100,000 people)

Most recent Baghdad numbers I can find are from 2008

Baghdad - 2,880 total murders (48 per 100,000 people)

Unless Baghdad has an INCREDIBLE drop in the murder rate, it looks like the gun ban cities are safer when it comes to murder.

We were talking specifically about murder, but feel free to shift the goalposts to talk about other crimes. Move them right up to the 45 yard line if necessary.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Reply to post by mothershipzeta

The war zone comparison is a bit odd.

Compare the gun ban US areas to the non gun ban US areas. California or Mass to Vermont and New Hampshire. NY state to Montana.

Of course population density has an awful lot to do with it. As well as other demographic factors I'd rather not get I to here as it would be a derailment of astronomical proportions. I'll just say when a culture or collective places a higher value on "street cred" than human life you're goin to get an awful lot of murder.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by whiteraven
Re education.

Wait I have heard that before.

Oy.... yeah the Gulag.

You know I too could have sworn that I had heard that somewhere also....A Clockwork Orange ;-)

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
This subject is tricky.
These people who have stock piles of guns are obviously waiting for some point in time where our government will enforce marshal law.
So, when and if that time comes do I want to be the neighbor of that man and hope he will protect me to? Or do I assume that man is going to use his guns to take my food and shelter?
Those are two very simple and valid questions. Me personally, I do not believe I will be murdered by my government if their is ever some sort of marshal law going on.
IMHO, the average joe (aka militia type folks) probably shouldn't have a stockpile of fully automatic weapons.
In the end it looks like our justice system did work and this man happens to have a bitch for a wife that he should have divorced a long time ago.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Do you know this person yourself? Most Survivalists are just pragmatists who like to be prepared, but some are literally insane and dangerous. Some suffer from paranoid delusions.

I don't know how you could judge this one way or the other unless you know this man well enough to say the court was wrong. For all you know, he could be a dangerous delusional person. Could that be why his girlfriend called the authorities?

I'm betting the court has better information than you do and has a reason for what they did.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

I'm betting the court has better information than you do and has a reason for what they did.

I would hope they do.

The information we have is that he has no violent history, has repeatedly passed the MA required interviews and checks to own firearms in that state, and that one day for some reason his wife called the cops on him who in turn charged him with a series of bogus crimes that were all thrown out in court.

If they do have more information it would be in their best interest to release it. Rather than let a public which already largely mistrusts its government witness a guy with no history have his life ruined because his wife declared it to be so.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   

People like this brought an end to slavery and American independence. People like this melted their children putter toys into bullets to fight the British, Oh ya BTW people like this fought for the 2nd amendment! Perhaps your right maybe only REAL Americans should live here, I hear Mexico is nice this time of year, you should visit.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by tigpoppa
well lets look at the facts. he is not in the military and has alot of guns. People like this always snap eventually, especially those with grudges against the American way of life and our government. This person is from the bottom of society, obviously not a doctor lawyer or scientist. Good thing he is locked up, thats alot easier then I would have been on these liberals who cant stand our freedoms. I would suggest exectution or failing taht at least castration so this type of person cant multiply. Only real americans should be allowed here and if they dont like it and want to stockpile arms to hunt down our children in the streets like dogs, we should deport them to australia and see how they like it there.

Freedom is a precious thing and people like this only end up in towers at Texas A&M. being a ward of the state isnt enough, this is why we need reeducation camps in this country for those who never completed at least a masters. In these camps people like this could learn what it is to be a true american. Republicans are going to take back washington with a vengeance and people like this will have no place in the america of tomorrow. People like this need to be kept busy, idle hands do the devils work. We are a services economy now as per the real President of the USA Bush, since this person wasnt working hard enough to contribute I say good riddance to rubbish.

[edit on 11-5-2010 by tigpoppa]

Are you for real?

I knew this site attracted some "characters" but your post clearly shows that you should be a ward of the state. I wouldn't be surprised if you weren't already one. It's only a matter of time...

tick...
tick...
tick...

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   

I think thats called.... What was in though fancy lawering terms. Oh ya Hear say, which is inadmissibibly (excuse my redneckedness) Meaning it's like not allowed. LOL, Truth be told most of us have said things to that effect to those who are close enough to express our opinions too. Every parent has said "I'm gonna kill him" does that actually mean your going to kill your child? NO that is an expression of extreme anger or frustration. Do I think those who betray their country deserve to be punished yes, and in anger I might SAY that they "should be skinned alive and beaten publicly" that doesn't mean that I am going to use the 6 bottles of lighter fluid, and skinning knife I have to do it.
This man is a victim of the system. If there was real evidence of his intent to kill any one it would have been flaunted on the front page with the first report. However there more then likely isn't any, and thats why we haven't seen it.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
So the game the police and Judges play is this: Arrest gun owners and charge them with crimes. If no Convivtion results time to send them to the crazy house. Wouldn't this be Double Jepordy?

Boy the Tree of Liberty is getting mighty thirsty.

Molon Labe!

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnlawfullPriest

People like this brought an end to slavery and American independence. People like this melted their children putter toys into bullets to fight the British, Oh ya BTW people like this fought for the 2nd amendment! Perhaps your right maybe only REAL Americans should live here, I hear Mexico is nice this time of year, you should visit.

those people didnt go spraying people with bullets like this guy said he wanted to. you seem to forget that tons of people who own guns, and many gun owners are paranoids. Gun ownership for citizens should require passing a credit, criminal and a mental health check. Clearly this entire mess could be avoided if this kind of safeguard to protect our freedom was still in place. I support gun rights for citizens who earn them, rights are not a privilege. rights are earned, personally alot of this could be avoided if we simply taxed the sale of firearms like we do silencers. This would prevent the lower classes from obtaining weapons, and then striking out at the world in anger or the workplace like they do. I never heard of a CEO going into a fortune 500 company and shooting up the place. But I always hear about dangerous poor people who get fed up with working hard and break under the pressure of earning a living only to go into work and shoot the rest of the people who are climbing the corporate ladder to make america a better place for you and me.

Lets all hope future legislation to bar people below a certain income from owning guns is put into place. Also the background and mental tests and neighbor testimony is an excellent way to set up a safe system. Neighbors tend to know eachother and they know if their american enough or not, people who dont support our country and our government are terrorists. Right now we only have a do not fly list, we need to start adding people to a DO NOT BUY LIST. this would be a positive step to preserve liberty and save freedom from those who mock our way of life and the system of government our founding fathers set up. Bush may be out of office but come time for elections we can cast votes for true patriots who are all all from the upper class, and can be looked up to as icons that we can all be proud of for their hard work and dedication. Soldiers may be part time heros, but leading a country or a being a CEO is a full time hero, since they create the jobs for main stream america.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Gun ownership for citizens should require passing a credit, criminal and a mental health check. Clearly this entire mess could be avoided if this kind of safeguard to protect our freedom was still in place.

He had to pass all of that and more repeatedly in MA to own those guns legally. Which he did.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   

he did not have to meet before a tribunal of health professionals or take any mental health battery to own those firearms. You are wrong, currently they are not required to pass the mental batteries used to determine if a person is crazy or not. Also the guy is poor, he has no right to own a firearm if he cant earn a living, then he never earned the rights to be an american in my eyes and the law!

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Wow.

Ladies and gentlemen I give you George Rockwell.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

Where's the threat?

There doesn't have to be a threat. All one has to do is claim domestic violence, with no proof whatsoever and *someone* ends up in jail or institution. Typically followed by restraining orders, etc. That phone call gives law enforcement to enter you probable cause to enter your premises and that is the bottom line. The law should not be manipulated like this, but it happens all the time in the real world.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   

you are completely wrong, mainly because you over generalize. you cant say everyone and always.. these statements are most always false. and you cant say a guy with arms, (see 2nd amendment) is related to people who shoot up in public. and after re-reading your post your even more ridiculously wrong than I first thought. America is unfortunately, about freedom to be different, so when a group of people start to see things differently then you, you have to accept it, not say leave castrate him get out of here. shame on you and shame on me for having to put up with you.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Get off your high horse. That has to be the most ignorant statement I've ever heard.

People with a lot of guns eventually snap?

I know lots of people (even non military/ex) who have quite a collection of guns. Even some past their 60s.

Once again, ridiculous.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   

he did not have to meet before a tribunal of health professionals or take any mental health battery

WHAT?!?! Man have you never heard that guns don't kill people, people kill people? A TRIBUNAL and BATTERY? Those some strong choice of words there don't ya think? Do we really need MORE kinds of worthless legislation that would only cost us taxpayers even MORE FOR? Dude...the same things could be said of drivers of automobiles! Do you not think THOSE could be used as a weapon?

Nah...if dude followed the steps that are in place RIGHT NOW...meaning no prior criminal record, or domestic violence, or anything else, THEN HE HAS A DAMN RIGHT TO WHAT HE HAD. I agree with the other poster in here that...it was NOT about the guns man, it was about being married to some bish that he probably should have left a LONG TIME AGO. Think about what you are saying for a minute.

Geesh.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join