It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Couldnt charge him with a crime so they sent him to re-education.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Thread note:

Please keep it civil and on topic. If you adamantly disagree with another poster, please express yourself in a civil manner without resorting to personal jabs and attacks.

Thanks.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

In the original articles, he told his wife, "you don't talk to people, you shoot them" (paraphrase)

This is the whole line of that quote:

Girard's wife said her husband had recently told her: "Don't talk to people, shoot them instead," and "it's fine to shoot people in the head because traitors deserve it."

There is essentially no context there and it's second hand information. Not exactly something I would be comfortable in causing my incarceration and confiscation of property.

But good work digging it up regardless.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   

I would trust his wife, she lived with him. Though she should be the one committing him; is that legal in that state?

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by tigpoppa
well lets look at the facts. he is not in the military and has alot of guns. People like this always snap eventually, especially those with grudges against the American way of life and our government. This person is from the bottom of society, obviously not a doctor lawyer or scientist. Good thing he is locked up, thats alot easier then I would have been on these liberals who cant stand our freedoms. I would suggest exectution or failing taht at least castration so this type of person cant multiply. Only real americans should be allowed here and if they dont like it and want to stockpile arms to hunt down our children in the streets like dogs, we should deport them to australia and see how they like it there.

Freedom is a precious thing and people like this only end up in towers at Texas A&M. being a ward of the state isnt enough, this is why we need reeducation camps in this country for those who never completed at least a masters. In these camps people like this could learn what it is to be a true american. Republicans are going to take back washington with a vengeance and people like this will have no place in the america of tomorrow. People like this need to be kept busy, idle hands do the devils work. We are a services economy now as per the real President of the USA Bush, since this person wasnt working hard enough to contribute I say good riddance to rubbish.

[edit on 11-5-2010 by tigpoppa]

BS, I know people who have 2000 guns in their house right now and are in their 50's and are not a risk of snapping. So what if he isn't the top of society. You sit there and proclaim freedom, and forgot to mention that we are supposed to be born equal, yet you put doctors and lawyers at a higher place. Did your account get hacked or something? You sound just like a nazi dude.

[edit on 11-5-2010 by ventian]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

Not sure if the commitment would be legal. I think if anyone makes a threat on their own lives the hospital has to watch them for a day or something to evaluate but I cant say for sure.

To add the police's take on her claim:

In regards, to the comments that Girard's wife made, Whitehill said police don't know what context that statement was made in.

She also said the request for the search warrant did not indicate that there were no active threats.

Sorry, that's his defense's take on the police's take. Making my head spin.

[edit on 11-5-2010 by thisguyrighthere]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   

That is very confusing line.

I have no idea what the article is saying.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ventian Did your account get hacked or something? You sound just like a nazi dude.

Wow, that's what I thought when I read that post you were responding to.
Didn't seem right for tigpoppa, at least what posts I remember of his.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I just wonder if this will be the trend for future cases , and I wonder a lot about how this re-education will work out !

Nobody seem to know as of yet what it will be like , maybe chemicals or electric shock treatment , it is known to function well on dillitants.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by tigpoppa
well lets look at the facts. he is not in the military and has alot of guns. People like this always snap eventually,Etc. ...

[edit on 11-5-2010 by tigpoppa]

So all people with guns are nuts if they are not Military or Police?
What a silly individual you are.
Now for your re-education, Guns don't kill people, politicians do.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross

In the original articles, he told his wife, "you don't talk to people, you shoot them" (paraphrase)

This is what we call "Heresay" in legal terms and does NOT hold up in court and cannot be used as evidence unless it can be corroborated by unbiased witnesses. So, his wife making the claim that he said it is completely inadmissable by ANY legal standard.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
The obvious point here is being missed. He went before a judge, and none of the charges would stick. He was found innocent of ALL charges and was still sentenced to this. It should be of grave concern to everyone here that you can go through the legal process, be found innocent, and still have this happen!

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by tigpoppa

People like this are prone to snap. Profile much? You have him guilty of an act he hasn't commited. Personally, I think gun loving arms stockpilers are as American as it gets. Your remarks exemplify you as the type of American I'd love to deport. You are a threat on our liberty. You know, to be at liberty to amass a gun cache if he should so choose. Because he's not of the professional class you would outcast him. You judgemental prick.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   

People like this always snap eventually, especially those with grudges against the American way of life and our government. This person is from the bottom of society, obviously not a doctor lawyer or scientist. Good thing he is locked up

Perhaps you could provide some evidence to support this completely wild and ridiculous claim? Of course you can't because your post is a troll and you should really get the hell off this thread!

Honestly the idiocy of some posters on this thread is just amazing. I live on the great state of Idaho and machine guns are legal here. And it just so happens we have one of the lowest crime rates in America. So much for the propaganda that more guns cause crime. If gun control BS worked then LA and NY city would be some of the safest places on the planet. But they in fact are some of the most dangerous. NY City has a higher murder rate then Baghdad.

[edit on 11-5-2010 by hawkiye]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I personally think that these police and prosecutors that got this guy did it for personal gain knowing that they could use the scenerio told by the wife that the guy was "losing it" and might really "lose it".. And all of the weapons and ammo was a huge bonus because it would make their accusations seem more plausable and necessary...
But with most of the charges being dropped it seems to have backfired on them, but because of their overzealous nature and underlying need to further their careers or keep their pride from being injured, they are now not letting go of it and continue holding him...
This is what it looks like to me and I hope that more citizens would recognize this and speak out against this.. send emails and such to the county prosecutors of the guy's home town and the police/sherrif offices and tell them they blew it and it is long past the time to drop the stupidity

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
Some may remember this thread from February

Police: Man with weapons cache was preparing for Armageddon

A summary, the guy had several firearms in his home and his wife "tipped off" cops because she was losing interest in her husband.

The cops came and arrested him and charged him with everything under the sun.

Last week a judge threw out most of his charges and his lawyers were confident the remaining misdemeanors would be thrown out eventually.

Todays update is since the gov's prosecutors couldnt make their bunk charges stick they have decided to hold the guy for four years as a "ward of the court" and subjecting him to psychiatric treatment.

Funny the guy was allegedly concerned about an overbearing government and this happens. The gov really proved him wrong there.

So they couldnt make any of the charges stick and couldnt toss him jail that way so they send him to "re-education" for four years.

www.gloucestertimes.com...

freedominourtime.blogspot.com...

They still have him on the charges of "discharging a firearm within 500 feet of a dwelling and two counts of illegal possession of silencers."

And the DA is none too happy that he got off without jail time:

The DA's office, represented in the case by prosecutor Michelle DeCourcey, pushed for a guilty plea and two-year jail sentence for possession of a firearm with a silencer as well as an additional three months for discharging a weapon within 500 feet of a dwelling.

"We strenuously requested jail time for the offenses due to the serious nature of the events as well as (Blodgett) was very troubled by the presence of the two silencers and felt it merited a jail sentence," Kimball Monahan said.

If he's being so mistreated by having to get psych evaluations, then why isn't his lawyer demanding a trial?

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye

People like this always snap eventually, especially those with grudges against the American way of life and our government. This person is from the bottom of society, obviously not a doctor lawyer or scientist. Good thing he is locked up

Perhaps you could provide some evidence to support this completely wild and ridiculous claim? Of course you can't because your post is a troll and you should really get the hell off this thread!

Honestly the idiocy of some posters on this thread is just amazing. I live on the great state of Idaho and machine guns are legal here. And it just so happens we have one of the lowest crime rates in America. So much for the propaganda that more guns cause crime. If gun control BS worked then LA and NY city would be some of the safest places on the planet. But they in fact are some of the most dangerous. NY City has a higher murder rate the Baghdad.

Great response,

what you posted has just inspired me about organizing a way to get a network of people in every city in order to print posters or something with those stats on them like "NYC and LA ban guns and now have highest murder rates, more than bagdad!" "Don't fall for the anti-gun propaganda"
And whatever else looks appropriate to support valid safe gun ownership everywhere with the purpose of curbing the anti American gun banning, freedom hating power mongers... or something to that effect

[edit on 11-5-2010 by UfoSpecial]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Now as for the court making him a ward he agreed to it and doesn't realize it. By hiring an Attorney (officer of the court) and signing any court documents he agreed to let the court decide his cases any way they please. He gave the judge power to make him a ward etc. And did not object. Th attorney might have objected but the Judge can over rule the attorney. he has to fire the attorney and rescind all signatures on court documents.

I know this sounds crazy to most people but that is what you are doing. As an officer of the court Attorneys first duty is to the court and second to the public they have no duty to thier client if it interferes with the first two. So you go into a non-article III court and hire one of thier officers to defend you, see any conflict there? Of course there is much more to it but most people aren't interested until it is thier arse on the chopping block.

By hiring an attorney you are admitting to the court you are incompetent and therefore offering yourself as a ward to the court and let them decide what to do with you.. Look up ward in a legal dictionary.

Its all in there Volumes of legal Jurisprudence I forget the exact name but I believe the 7th volume.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Lets see if i can get this stgraight. He gets arrested & charged, then found not guilty of all chargest but still forced to spend time in hospital(¿?), mandatory medication & re-education and above it all return his stash wich was payed and owned legally?
If the answer to all the above is yes, you americans should start heading to the coast, you wont be free for much longer...

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by UfoSpecial

No they do not, i have been targeted in uk in london for 18 years now, and the police where desperate for me to do something. Only some people snap.

The police and government use this tactic in targeting people, and people think if these police do enough to you you will do something wrong.

The police and government are the murderers not people like me who are targeted. If they have targeted my life, you can be sure they sue the same tactics on lots of others.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye

Honestly the idiocy of some posters on this thread is just amazing. I live on the great state of Idaho and machine guns are legal here. And it just so happens we have one of the lowest crime rates in America. So much for the propaganda that more guns cause crime. If gun control BS worked then LA and NY city would be some of the safest places on the planet. But they in fact are some of the most dangerous. NY City has a higher murder rate the Baghdad.

When one not only demands "evidence" but stoops to an ad hominem attack - referring to the "idiocy" of others - it helps to have one's facts straight.

A May 1, 2009 Time magazine story said the murder rate for Baghdad during the 2008 calendar year was 48 per 100,000 people. This was based on 2,880 homicides in a city of about 6 million.

The NYC metro area has 22.2 million people.

New York City finished the year with the fewest murders since comparable record keeping began.

The city's police department says the 2009 year-end total was 466, down from 523 in 2008 and 496 the year before. It's the fewest since comparable records were kept in the 1960s.

525 murders among 22.2 million people vs 2880 murders among 6 million.

You do the math, since you're happy to call people idiots and their claims "ridiculous."

"Facts are stupid things." - Ronald Reagan.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join