It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Couldnt charge him with a crime so they sent him to re-education.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+31 more 
posted on May, 11 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Some may remember this thread from February

Police: Man with weapons cache was preparing for Armageddon

A summary, the guy had several firearms in his home and his wife "tipped off" cops because she was losing interest in her husband.

The cops came and arrested him and charged him with everything under the sun.

Last week a judge threw out most of his charges and his lawyers were confident the remaining misdemeanors would be thrown out eventually.

Todays update is since the gov's prosecutors couldnt make their bunk charges stick they have decided to hold the guy for four years as a "ward of the court" and subjecting him to psychiatric treatment.

Funny the guy was allegedly concerned about an overbearing government and this happens. The gov really proved him wrong there.

So they couldnt make any of the charges stick and couldnt toss him jail that way so they send him to "re-education" for four years.

www.gloucestertimes.com...

freedominourtime.blogspot.com...

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Well I guess we all now know when they come for you, to fight back, with whats at your disposal, this is a clear violation of this mans rights. But the Nanny state wants to hold him for four years? Screw that

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Re education.

Wait I have heard that before.

Oy.... yeah the Gulag.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
well lets look at the facts. he is not in the military and has alot of guns. People like this always snap eventually, especially those with grudges against the American way of life and our government. This person is from the bottom of society, obviously not a doctor lawyer or scientist. Good thing he is locked up, thats alot easier then I would have been on these liberals who cant stand our freedoms. I would suggest exectution or failing taht at least castration so this type of person cant multiply. Only real americans should be allowed here and if they dont like it and want to stockpile arms to hunt down our children in the streets like dogs, we should deport them to australia and see how they like it there.

Freedom is a precious thing and people like this only end up in towers at Texas A&M. being a ward of the state isnt enough, this is why we need reeducation camps in this country for those who never completed at least a masters. In these camps people like this could learn what it is to be a true american. Republicans are going to take back washington with a vengeance and people like this will have no place in the america of tomorrow. People like this need to be kept busy, idle hands do the devils work. We are a services economy now as per the real President of the USA Bush, since this person wasnt working hard enough to contribute I say good riddance to rubbish.

[edit on 11-5-2010 by tigpoppa]

+28 more 
posted on May, 11 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by tigpoppa
well lets look at the facts. he is not in the military and has alot of guns. People like this always snap eventually, especially those with grudges against the American way of life and our government.

Freedom is a precious thing
Sounds like our founding fathers, they 'snapped' when they had a grudge against the British government back in the 1770's.

If freedom is such a precious thing, why is the man in question having his taken away? At most, he may be found guilty of misdemeanors.

Are you serious about having him executed or castrated for a misdemeanor?

Just wondering if you were speaking in jest, maybe?

+7 more 
posted on May, 11 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Hate to say this, but this might be common now-a-days.
Scary thought because I am positive there are alot of people with stock piles.

Actually, I am certain.

All because she was losing interest in her husband.
Hmm....

reply to post by tigpoppa

Originally posted by tigpoppa
well lets look at the facts. he is not in the military and has alot of guns.

Wait, just because you aren't in the military doesn't justify your opinion on how many guns a person can have.
That is a right here in the USA.
Collectors have ALOT more than that my friend.

People like this always snap eventually, especially those with grudges against the American way of life and our government.

Bollocks. Pure and simple.
This comment isn't even worth replying to.

This person is from the bottom of society, obviously not a doctor lawyer or scientist. Good thing he is locked up, thats alot easier then I would have been on these liberals who cant stand our freedoms. I would suggest exectution or failing taht at least castration so this type of person cant multiply. Only real americans should be allowed here and if they dont like it and want to stockpile arms to hunt down our children in the streets like dogs, we should deport them to australia and see how they like it there.

How do you know this?

I don't understand how you say this guy isn't a "Real Amercian"?
Where does it say he is a liberal?

Forget it.
Just by the content of your post, it seems you're instigating a fight.

[edit on 11-5-2010 by havok]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Wow, I can't believe that the American legal system is requiring that a guy who believes Armageddon is just around the corner continue to take his meds and undergo a psychiatric assessment if he is to keep his stockpile of weapons.

It's almost as if they don't want him to go on a shooting spree!! Damn that oppressive scumbag government.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by pieman
Wow, I can't believe that the American legal system is requiring that a guy who believes Armageddon is just around the corner continue to take his meds and undergo a psychiatric assessment if he is to keep his stockpile of weapons.

It's almost as if they don't want him to go on a shooting spree!! Damn that oppressive scumbag government.

No one wants a shooting spree.
But where in context did you get that assumption?

Was there a quote of the article that I missed?
Did the article state that he said he was going to do that?

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
The uk government have tried to do this to me also. They desperately spent 18 years wrecking my life, and i am not surprised this stuff is out there.

People can make up what ever, and your life is ruined forever.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by havok

I must have missed it too.

Everything this guy has said regarding his situation and "Armageddon" has been defensive. Looters, rioters, attacking vagrants, food procurement, etc...

Apparently some folks out there equate "I dont want to be torn apart by rioters for a bag of rice" to "cant wait to go shoot up that kindergarten."

Funny that paranoia would be the motivating force behind arresting and treating an accused "paranoid" individual.

With regards to "stockpiling" being a precursor to a rampage, I just did a quick inventory in my head and counted about 22 firearms and 5,000 rounds of ammunition for a home of two people. Did I cross the "rampage" line? At what point did I cross it? Is there really no going back now for me? I would like to know so I can get my affairs in order before the supposedly inevitable event occurs.

More guns = more destruction always amazed me. I only have two arms. I can only carry so much weight. I dont bring my lever guns or my shot guns to go shoot on the 1,000 yard line and I dont bring my distance rifles or my handguns to shoot clays and I dont bring my Ar's and Ak's to IDPA matches.

I expect that moments before my transformation into "rampage" mode numerous limbs will emerge from my torso and my strength to carry weight will increase ten-fold.

Well, all that will happen if the "more guns = more destruction" and "inevitable rampage" fantasies of the paranoid among us come true.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

With regards to "stockpiling" being a precursor to a rampage, I just did a quick inventory in my head and counted about 22 firearms and 5,000 rounds of ammunition for a home of two people. Did I cross the "rampage" line? At what point did I cross it? Is there really no going back now for me? I would like to know so I can get my affairs in order before the supposedly inevitable event occurs.
You better watch out for govt agents, they may have you on the 'castration list' already!

Do you have your master's degree? If you do, according to tigpoppa, maybe they won't have to castrate you.

Kudos to your point regarding the fact that one gun can't do it all. Anti-gunners I guess don't realize that different guns have different specific purposes.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   

reply to post by havok

You guy's didn't see where he had threatened a shooting spree? Wow, I just can't see how you missed it, it was right below the paragraph outlining his "re-education"!!

The guy was ordered to undergo psychiatric assessment. I have to assume this is being done in order to determine if he is capable of telling the difference between a band of marauding looters and a primary school picnic.

The assessment is to avoid a shooting spree.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by pieman

Carrie Kimball Monahan, spokeswoman for Essex District Attorney Jonathan Blodgett's office, said Wednesday that, as part of the conditions of his release, Girard must undergo a mental health evaluation and treatment by a psychiatrist — including in-patient treatment as deemed necessary.

He must also continue to take proper medication, and surrender all weapons and military gear taken upon his arrest. He also has one week to surrender or provide proof of sale of the two firearms that are still missing, Kimball Monahan added.

Girard was arrested Feb. 9 after his estranged wife accused him of preparing for martial law with an arsenal of weapons in their home. The arrest was heavily publicized after police pulled a collection of 11 rifles and two handguns, thousands of rounds of ammunition, as well as other weapons and military-style gear from his home.

Manchester Police Chief Glenn McKiel said Girard had told police he was preparing for "Armageddon" and feared martial law would be imposed soon.

In March, prosecutors dropped a majority of the charges against Girard, but Mori said he still considered Girard to be a "danger to the community" and ordered him still held without bail.

Where's the threat?

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Where's the threat?

Right below the mention of re-education, what don't you get?

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by pieman

Wait, are you being funny? Did I miss a joke?

Pull it out with and show me the threat.

I'm obviously missing something.

[edit on 11-5-2010 by thisguyrighthere]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   

I'm sorry, I'm making assumptions. I just assumed the legal system people fear the guy will go on a shooting spree. I can't think of a single other thing they'd be afraid he'd do with a bunch of rifles.

Now, where did you get "re-education" from?

+4 more 
posted on May, 11 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by pieman

Now, where did you get "re-education" from?

They arrested a guy for nothing, charged him with everything, couldnt make any of those charges stick in court and are now holding him for psychiatric treatment.

Didnt do anything wrong. No history of violence or threatening. But the state is going to treat him for the proposed mental instability they claim he has.

They're trying to "treat" away his point of view.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   

All the while, just preparing for impeding disaster is a crime?

So this is what I'm gathering.

If you are preparing for anything that you see as "Armageddon", you can be arrested, and your arms taken from you.

In this day and age, the words "Preparing for Armageddon" shouldn't be taken to the way side.

Let's face it, with the blasting of everyday crisis' on the TV (i.e., the programming screen)...It's no wonder this guy felt like he had to prepare.

There's constant shows about what would happen without people, survival shows, Armageddon situations, etc...
How is this a crime?

I'm assuming the wife thought he was crazy and turned him in.

Amazing. Utterly amazing.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   

They're trying to "treat" away his point of view.

For me to have a problem with that you're going to have to convince me that they shouldn't. They seem to be treating this guy differently to your average gun nut.

It's not as if it's difficult to find an American with a stockpile of weapons and a hankering for Armageddon. Generally, Americans seem to see that type of behavior as being a hobby or a lifestyle choice. A threat to shoot any government who want to take your weapons is seen as admirable.

The fact that this guy is being restricted suggests, to me, that he is a walking screw ball. I might be wrong but I see nothing to suggest that I am in what you've posted so far.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   

I'm assuming the wife thought he was crazy and turned him in.

I assume you don't believe he's crazy.
His wife, at least, knew him.
What's your basis for assuming he's sane?

<<   2  3  4 >>

join