It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police: Man with weapons cache was preparing for Armageddon

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+44 more 
posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Police: Man with weapons cache was preparing for Armageddon

www.boston.com

Gregory D. Girard, 45, was arrested Tuesday night for allegedly storing approximately 20 weapons and thousands of rounds of ammunition. Manchester-by-the Sea police executed the search warrant.

"Girard indicated he was preparing for ‘Armageddon,’ which he felt was imminent, and he felt martial law would soon be imposed,” Chief McKiel said in a statement.

Police seized all the weapons and ammunition and revoked Girard’s license to carry firearms. Girard has no criminal record.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline

[edit on 2/11/2010 by semperfortis]

+16 more 
posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   

In addition to the weapons and ammunition, police found a large collection of camouflage clothing, knives, bulletproof vests, helmets, and several pairs of handcuffs. They also discovered stockpiles of medicine and nonperishable foods.

Just wow. It is now illegal to prepare for a disaster. This man had 20 guns and "thousands" of rounds of ammunition, which anyone who collects guns knows isn't a large number.

Police executed a warrant on the basis of "we heard he was preparing for martial law". Then they found "infernal devices" in his home. Spray paint cans are "infernal devices" according to Massachusetts police.

Word around here is that Mr. Girard is a member of a group called Constitution Emergency, a Tea-party enthusiast, and a supporter of the sovereignty movement.

Comments?

www.boston.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 10-2-2010 by METACOMET]

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline

[edit on 2/11/2010 by semperfortis]

+17 more 
posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
They will round up any and all dissidents they think will pose a threat to them and their control when all hell breaks loose. They are trying to keep mass resistance down and break anyone's ability to fight off their tyranny. From the looks of things, they simply didn't want someone who knew their plans armed and free.

+17 more 
posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I'm not surprised.

Remember these words...

Politicians want unarmed peasants.

Plain and simple.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

You got nothing to worry about though..... youve still got that telekenisis right? Dont tell me youve forgotten?

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

HNNNNNGGG!!!

Nope!

[edit on 10-2-2010 by MR BOB]

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by METACOMET

Holy Crap!!

That describes just about everybody I know! At least we live in the South, and this wouldn't be popular locally. Still, there are enough laws on the books to label just about anyone as a criminal, especially when they start arresting you for "intentions" or "preparations."

20 guns, 1000's of rounds of ammo, Tea Party, Mason, Survivalist....all those terms describe me and dozens of other folks in my town!

I am a little frightened.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   

A Manchester-by-the-Sea man arrested for stockpiling weapons and ammunition in his home allegedly told police he was preparing for Armageddon.

Anyone know what the official, legal definition of "stockpiling" is? Since when is it a crime to own guns and ammo? Unless the guns were those on the official "banned" list, then I don't see the Manchester police having much of a case here.

I'm sure there is more to the story....there always is!

EDIT: on a side note...

"Girard indicated he was preparing for ‘Armageddon,’ which he felt was imminent

since he felt Armageddon was imminent then why the need for guns? Just to bring it about a little faster?

[edit on 10-2-2010 by Aggie Man]

+8 more 
posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
ONLY 20 weapons... Half the guys I know in my home state of Kentucky have more than that and enough ammo to start a small war.

Somebody needs to come to that guys defense.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

since he felt Armageddon was imminent then why the need for guns? Just to bring it about a little faster?

Maybe he meant "Armageddon" as in a world wide crisis, chaos, looting, and revolutionary clashes.

If he meant it in the religious respect, then I totally agree!
The only true preparation for Armageddon is PRAYER!

+6 more 
posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Since when is stockpiling weapons, legally owned, illegal?
If he got them all legally, and has no arrests prior, and has the legal paperwork, they should leave him alone.

I just dont get it.

Although I am not too sure about the bullet-proof vests. Are those legally to own as a civilian, or are they police/military use only?

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Well, can't really store any weopans down here in the UK without being in a shooting club (which I'm no way near).

There is definately something here for preventing an army of rebellers against the NWO or anything like that.

I say - make a hidden compartment, underground room and store everything in there!

+8 more 
posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
So what's his crime? The article state he has no criminal record and that with his arrest now his "license to possess firearms" has been revoked.

What was the catalyst that set this off and what was his crime?

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I think we should keep in mind that he did have an indoor range in the attic according to the article, which is illegal. So technically, yes, he was committing a crime. That said, I think they were looking for anything they could find to get this guy's weapons and keep him from training himself and being prepared.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Quick! Arrest the owners of all gun shops! They have at least a hundred guns in plain sight that can potentially supply many more guys like the one who had his materials confiscated, aka stolen.

oh well. maybe he'll learn to keep it simple and buy a single stack 1911 or somethin.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I'm sure that some unlicensed class III weapons will magically appear in the inventory.

This bust is bogus and hopefully this man will be cleared of any charges. Although, I can't imagine what he could be charged for.

For those that frequent the shooting ranges, it is not uncommon to have no less than 1,000 rounds at a time in various calibers. I always maintain at least 300 to 500 as a buffer in 9mm.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Take notice.... they were serving a warrant..... so they already knew he had weapons... somehow......

...four counts of possession of an infernal device and four counts of possession of a dangerous weapon. Additional charges are pending, police said.

That accounts for eight of 20.

Damn those "infernal" devices!

We were never told in the article what the warrant was for...

I wonder which judge signed it?

[edit on 10-2-2010 by Maxmars]

link   

Originally posted by BlackPoison94
I say - make a hidden compartment, underground room and store everything in there!

Or quit bragging about how many guns you own, your anti government sentiment and belief in eminent Armageddon on the internet. I wouldn't want a nut* like that living in my neighborhood.

*it's okay to feel that way, but when one goes around spouting off about such things...you come across as crazy and a threat to society.

[edit on 10-2-2010 by Aggie Man]

link   
Just occured to me this is coming from the state that also went nuts over those Aqua Teen Hunger Force signs.

Suspicious objects in Boston

Then there's this poor kid driving through on his way to Maine who got busted with his "arsenal."

Traffic stop leads to weapons charges

I feel sorry for people stuck in that miserable state.

I forgot about that traffic stop until just now so I decided to check what the outcome of it was.

Luke S. Huizinga, 18, of 126 Aunt Hack Road, Danbury, Conn., five counts of possession of a large capacity firearm, dismissed; carrying a dangerous weapon, sufficient facts found, but continued without a finding until Jan. 29, 2010, $50 victim witness fee; three counts of possession of a firearm without an FID card, dismissed. Charges brought by the State Police-Leominster for offenses in Bolton.Source

So this kids life was seriously F'd with for no reason whatsoever. Power tripping cops who didnt like kid or the kid not being from as bad a slave state as MA or heading to a free state like ME?

I would be suing everyone I saw from the moment of my arrest to the moment of my release.

[edit on 10-2-2010 by thisguyrighthere]

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I'm willing to bet all my ATS points that the "illegal firing range" in his attic was not that at all.

The police probably found SPENT BRASS in his attic, which he was using to reload, as many Americans do. Spent brass doesn't indicate that he was actually using his attic to shoot his guns. If that were the case, he'd have been arrested long before.

Also, if they actually did find a firing range in his house, thats what they would have arrested him for. Instead they arrested him for guns he legally owned.

[edit on 10-2-2010 by METACOMET]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join