It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Couldnt charge him with a crime so they sent him to re-education.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by tigpoppa

So it's only low income people who go crazy and kill people now? Oh thats right CEO's have the money to pay people to do it for them. Or the money to cover it up. What I'm saying is a person has every right to keep as many danged firearms as they see fit. Now the Silencer, ya I agree there we don't need that, however if some one is breaking in a low income persons house, there going to what? Defend them selves with a frying pan again a potentially armed assailant?
Just because you attended college for 8 years, which by the way for ALOT of American isn't something thats easily available. I came from a $300,000 a year income family with a very large amount of money in the stock market. I would have had my college payed for, until 9/11, when my family went bankrupt. So I never attended College, forget the fact that I hold 3 state licences, journeyman Electrician, Journeyman Plumber, and CDL, and Graduated high school at the age of 16. I made the choice of working in trades because I enjoyed it. I have a wife and 2 children to support, so no I didn't earn a master's degree, and I do not make more then $60,000 a year. Does that disqualify me from owning a Arms collection, which includes home protection weapons as well as High powered rifles I have, not for hunting, but because I like them? Or is it the fact that I have 6 months worth of reserve supplies in my basement, just in case the world falls apart on me? Or is it that I have 3 acres of land with a Mobile home set back in the woods with AUX vehicles and fuel stores 30 miles away from my main home, that makes me dangerous? Or is that just simply being paranoid enough? Which of these qualifies as " ready to snap" to you? Or is it that the context gives precedence to the action?
Maybe if we knew more about the MAN and not what he was charged with and NOT convicted of then we would better understand the ruling. Perhaps this was a just ruling, or perhaps it was a Judge pressured by the police department and mayor to do SOMETHING, to justify the actions taken. We don't actually know, however until we do, maybe we should all consider the fact that we don't know the WHAT and WHY accompanying this situation so we should try and put our selves there?

[edit on 11-5-2010 by UnlawfullPriest]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by die_another_day
Why do people her side with people with guns...

What happened to peaceful demonstrations?

Violence will be met with violence.

Yeah! I second that motion! Peaceful demonstrations! they got us where we are today!

Oh, wait, let me re-think that last part....

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

I have yet to see a post from anyone that says "Lets take back Washington by force!!" What we're saying, or at least what I am saying is there is nothing wrong with being prepared to defend you home and family, with deadly force if necessary. Before the assumption become that I will shoot Government officials on my lawn, bear in mind it is the actions of the person that would bring me to that. I'm not some one who has watched to many anti-government movies, who think it is simply to point a gun at someone. I take no enjoyment in the thought of civil unrest, or having to turn a weapon on someone. However understand where we are coming from, what would you do if someone was taking your food? The last food that you KNEW you would be able to prepare for your children? Would you "peacefully protest" as they waked off with you son's Epilepsy medication? Our would you do what you had too?

Most of us aren't amassing ammunition to cut down U.S. Soldiers in protest of a bill that was passed, we're being prepared for the absolute worst. However yes there are some of us who are ready to bare arms again a force taking our freedoms from us, and if your still convinced that peaceful protests aren't met with unwarranted force, just look around this site, or youtube, or hell just Google "Protest police riot" and see what comes up. I'm all for harm none and speak your mind, but that doesn't always work, and those who believe that it does, will have a fearful awakening when they see it fail.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Am I the only one sniffing a whiff of sarcasm somewhere here in this thread???

IMO this is kinda scary. I don't own a gun, never cared much about them (not as a weapon, as a sport or anything, just wasn't interested). But there have been a rash of crimes and home invasions lately near me. I was thinking about taking classes, learning how to use guns properly, and safety courses on storage etc. Maybe have 2 so I can have one stashed in another area of the house. Maybe 3 if I start to like shooting as a sport.

Does that make me crazy? What exactly IS a stockpile? 5 guns? 12? What kind of IQ tests do I have to pass to determine (after I'm apprehended of course) my mental capacity to own the guns - that the county and state previously told me I was capable of owning? It's ok, because my legal collection of knives and swords are pretty darn sharp. But seeing as I am mentally unfit I may indeed cut myself - and it's good to know that the government is here to prevent that from happening!

---

I'm really only half kidding here. Sometimes there really is a fine line between patriot and nutbag. I just find it hard to believe that if I do everything proper and legal on the patriot side, I can still suffer the consequences of a nutbag.

Makes me want to invest in white flags rather than guns.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   

In the USA we are born with rights and we earn privileges! The 2nd amendment guarantees the right to bear arms, not the right to earn the privilege to bear arms.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Has anyone here actually research what IQ tests measure? Or the connection between a high IQ and Psychopathic behavior? Truth be told IQ test measure nothing more then the ability to understand patterns, deductive reasoning, and memory retention. None of that has nothing what so ever to do with Gun safety, common sense, or responsibility. Actually I read a study(yes most are crap) that said that most people with low IQ's have better Credit, and commit less violent crimes. From what I remember it was having to do with a more child like view "this is bad" "this is good" with out the high self deluding higher reasoning getting in the way. I will try and dig it up.
So enough with the IQ test comments. Stupid or smart, it's still a choice to be irresponsible with guns, or to attack some one with them. a Chimp still makes a choice.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by UnlawfullPriest

I'm sorry - my facetiousness probably didn't come through well in print. I'm well aware of the proper application of Violence of Action, and the steps of escalation.

What I was saying is that I haven't noticed peaceful protests to have had much effect on our self-appointed masters in DC. They still do as they please, and the electorate be damned. The next notch up is neither rioting nor armed revolt, although at some point we may see those two possibilities if lighter measures fail to bring logical results.

No, the next notch up is the vote we have coming up in November, 'throw the bums out'! Should that fail, then I'm afraid we'll be in for another escalating notch. Not all the way to revolt, but it still won't be pretty.

Should all other attempts fail, then it appears to me that a revolt will be inevitable.

Of course, if we sit back now and allow them to kick the horse out from under us while the noose is about our necks, by sitting still while we get 'disarmed' and 're-educated', then that revolt will be bloody indeed, and doomed to failure.

No, friend, I was being facetious. I've never seen peaceful protest work against power grabs, anywhere. I ALWAYS start out at level 2, and escalate as the opposition makes it necessary.

Eventually, they HAVE to take notice.

[edit on 2010/5/12 by nenothtu]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fiverz

I'm really only half kidding here. Sometimes there really is a fine line between patriot and nutbag. I just find it hard to believe that if I do everything proper and legal on the patriot side, I can still suffer the consequences of a nutbag.

Makes me want to invest in white flags rather than guns.

That 'fine line between patriot and nutbag' is seldom ever drawn until after the action, by the victors.

Whichever side they may be on, they get to paint it as they like. What we are seeing now is an attempt at pre-emptive history writing by The Powers That Be, and it is somewhat dismaying to see how many are falling for it, swallowing it whole.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by tigpoppa
Bush may be out of office but come time for elections we can cast votes for true patriots who are all all from the upper class, and can be looked up to as icons that we can all be proud of for their hard work and dedication.

Oh dear.

think of the CHILDREN!

I just asked my friend what he thought of this and he just texted me that it was five stars. im using wireless at a coffee shop, and sorry for the typos I am still getting used to my Ipad.

You should try and make your trolling more subtle, I'm sure you would generate more luls for yourself that way.

[edit on 5/12/2010 by ExquisitExamplE]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

I agree, however I think right now what state governments are doing is far more frightening then what the fed gov is doing. What I'm seeing is a very Jericho like trouble brewing. State to state conflicts don't seem so improbable now.
Hopefully we can vote them out, but I'm afraid that most of the people we need gone, aren't elected so much as self placed into power.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

So why aren't people rallying to help this poor guy? ... Where's the human action here?

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Her divorce is now uncontested.....and sucks, he's going to miss the big party. He was preparing for while he's away!

Oh yeah.....they're also making the issue worse. Remember gitmo? Uh-huh.....

[edit on 12-5-2010 by ahmonrarh]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by FewWorldOrder
reply to post by hawkiye

So, the man's attorneys got the serious charges thrown out, but the act of hiring those attorneys to represent him - a 'legal' admission of incompetence and inability to manage one's own affairs - transformed him into a "Ward of the Court", where he is now legally required to submit to the State's mental health care system.

Is that about right?

Almost makes one want to buy a lot of guns to keep around just in case this nonsense spreads any further...

You should ask a lawyer if hiring a lawyer is an admission of incompetence or inability to manage one's own affairs.

When an attorney appears in court to answer charges laid against himself, he almost invariably appears with counsel other than himself.

Why?
Ask a lawyer and he will tell you.....

Any man who represents himself in court has a FOOL for a client!

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Sucks that it was his wife that turned him in! The rest is bull! Lord knows, I'm glad my girl has a better stash of goodies than I've got!

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Are any of you aware of the significance of this court decision?

If this is true and the court has decided that this is good treatment for people that fit the criteria, it can be made Case Law. Which means that it can be used to argue cases against any patriotic American that owns guns and is suspicious of the government.

Another attempt at removing the rights of citizens ability to bear arms.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Fakshon

Absolutely correct.
If the ACLU was actually about what it's name implies, it would take this case up for appeal!
Any ACLU members listening???????

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I see it coming in the not-so-distant future,where there will be legislation which makes it illegal for one to own a tool set if one is not a certified mechanic.

Guns are only tools,and the constitution is a document which states very clearly that the government will not take away the tools of the U.S. people.

I read some really silly responses in this thread,but not the whole thread...

...But anyone who thought the courts were right in what they did to this man,is part of the problem with this country.

I wish there was somewhere in the world to escape this type of BS,but there really isn't anywhere to go except the wooded hills.

Society is a sick thing,it always is when some people think they have more power and rights than others.

I could go on,but......

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

We need to rally to help ourselves,if we did that and actually got anything done,we would be helping him,and everyone else who are/is abused by the system.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Sounds like the wife got a bit annoyed with him for spending all that money on guns and ammo. He probably forgot to keep courting her, most seem to need that these days.

They shouldn't be doing this to him and he should get his property returned.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
so what the guy had a few guns who knows maybe he owned them and what they are not telling us is that a couple of them may be for his wife of course this is speculation but if true it would not be surprising if this is hidden from us to sensationalize this story. Anyway a popular question in debate in here is this gentlemans mental state about going on a shooting spree or rampage or whatever so this link below is a short article that discusses a bit about spree killersLink

I am not a psychologist or anything i just thought I would bring that to the table. Also I would like to point out with having 11 guns that is 11 local, state and federal background checks to make sure he isnt a felon, a wife beater, and mentally defective, that would be 11 mistakes TPTB let him slide through the cracks which to me seems highly unlikely in the day and age we live in and seeing that he was never convicted of having either illegaly purchased or illegally possesing firearms it seems to me he is legit. Now as far as some have mentioned earlier on in this thread about him being of lower class standards (which he may or may not be but for sake of argument I will speculate he is) arnt most of the really bad violent criminals also of the lower class? If so then it is reasonable to assume that he may have guns because the bad guys will always have guns but seeing as that this guy obtained them legally and was married for awhile I believe it is reasonable to deduce that he is of stable mind and had reason to be armed to protect himself and family.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join