It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alleged NASA -Affiliated Astronomer Deciphers 'Intelligence' Signal From Nearby Stars

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
reply to post by butcherguy

You did read the thread title, but did you read the posts? Is this a completed thread? If you presume just reading the title will get you the answer, then you are indeed far more sadly delusional that i had thought possible!

And I have not even ask to see your contribution other than condemnation of others yet
Apparently you haven't been reading the thread or you wouldn't need to ask if I have been. My post from page 23...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Korg Trinity

oh for god's sake...STARS and FLAGS ? I got plenty of gold stars in school 25 years ago thanks, I don't come here to increase my flag rating. I'm 36 not 6 !

PS) I'm a female, not a male. The little clue is my AVATAR with my son when he was baby......

[edit on 4/5/10 by cosmicpixie]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Mask, just what exactly is your problem?

Blatant ignorance and the constant reminder that most of my peers on this planet are about as bright as a child waiting for Santa.

Post after post of putting people down.

Apparently you only see my "posts of disapproval".

Maybe you frequent "bad threads" too often?

What is your problem?

I answered that above.

Let's share it and talk.

Since I don't have a Facebook, I guess you can't research my stance here.

Ok, lets talk.

Is it that you need attention,

I'm a performer...I have too much attention as it is.

to fed yourself of ego,

I assure you...pointing out hoaxes, lies and stupidity is not food for my ego.

My good looks and many talents do a better job at that.

that you are right, others are fools?

We are all fools...just some people take the cake.

What is your problem?

Sigh...again?

Look, no matter what my problem(s) is/are, they are nothing compared to walking through life as a dumbed-down vessel that has all the rationality of a hopeful child lost in Candy-land dreams.

Nobody is perfect...but there is much to be said about people who "constantly are taking advantage of because of their inability to use logic or common sense".

You are presume others are perpertrating hoaxes just for book sales?

That is EXACTLY what I presume.

Why? Do you presume that this UFO-book-writing "liar" is actually sharing real information through Facebook?

So what?

So I am forced to watch humans swindled and made fools of endlessly as these hucksters pocket your money.

Did they point the gun at anyone to buy?

No...they pointed an alien space-ship at me to buy.

Thank the heavens that I am not dumb enough to assume the space-ship real over a Facebook entry. I can only imagine what that would be like.

Do you feel good condemning others, post after post, and contributing nothing more than scorn while others are only trying to get to the bottom of it?

I sure don't feel that bad about it.

If you saw 40 monkeys trying to prove that the sky was made of blue marshmallows...would you silently sit there while they took the time to discuss this, or would you interupt with saying-

Hey Monkeys! You are being silly!

I dunno about you...but I sure in hell am screaming "hey monkeys!!!"

True or false is relative,

Absolutely not...

And if you are preaching that kind of drivel I no longer need to guess at why you may have fallen for this hoax.

but the effort to find it must be there.

There on Facebook?

You are doing nothing but heaping hillbilly style scorn!

Wait...you people are seriously debating if this "ufo-book-writing guy" is actually sharing legitimate alien information on Facebook...and I AM THE ONE BEING A HILLBILLY?

Sure...get the flat-bed truck warmed up and I'll grab my shooty-gun so we can hunker down and nab us some space-folks!

You have the answer?

Yes I do...

Are you not reading what I am typing, or must I post it first on Facebook to have any credibility with you and the UFO-crowd?

Maybe if I tell you that a NASA affiliate told me that you are being ridiculous- you would finally trust in what I am saying?

It's a hoax?

God dammit, yes.

You have Dr.Judy's signed coffession?

First off, I have no idea what a "coffession" is.

Secondly...Doctor Judy?!!!

DOCTOR JUDY!!!?

Are you aware that you are calling her Doctor Judy and that all you can locate on her is some High-schooling, a history of sexual tomfoolery and the word of a UFO-book-writer?

Never mind...

Doctor Fred (look him up on Facebook) told me that nothing I say will reach you.

What is your problem.

For the last time...it is NOT EASY sharing the world with people unable to tell the difference between a Butt and an elbow.

It is increasingly more difficult when you realize that most people are undereducated and lost in a fictional world.

Let me give you your 15mins of fame that you are trying so hard to seek here.

Are you a roaring crowd begging me for another encore? No?

Then I am afraid you will have a hard time competing with the things I use to get my "fame".

No offense, but my life/ego/fame isn't supported (or balanced on) Facebook or forum posts.

Thanks for the 15 minutes though...I'll cherish it along with the thousand other posts that get angry with me and "rational logic".

[edit on 4-5-2010 by Mr Mask]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   

This is what you call science?

So, agreed, one cannot receive UV signals on normal radio telescopes, but can one receive UV signals on Electromagnetic spectrum telescopes?

And do you work with NASA on astronomy, thinking daily on how to improve current systems to read data?

Can you answer those questions? Or are we here to take your word that 'it is a hoax. game over?' Has critical thinking gone to the dumps? To much fox news lately?

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   

reply to post by butcherguy

AT LAST!!!! You verify this thread as a hoax!!!

Bravo!!! Magnifique!!!

So, where are the evidence that it is a hoax, you mighty presumtous know it all, and save us the waiting!!! :-P
Try these:

All from the first three pages of this thread, which you blame me for not reading.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
reply to post by cosmicpixie

Ahhh, Could these be the MIGHTY TRUMPETS SOUNDING, UM JUST SAYEN
Hello M82

2nd.

[edit on 5/4/10 by Ophiuchus 13]

Well it does feel like Judgement day for me today, that's for sure !
Hello back to you

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   

This is what you call science?

So, agreed, one cannot receive UV signals on normal radio telescopes, but can one receive UV signals on Electromagnetic spectrum telescopes?

And do you work with NASA on astronomy, thinking daily on how to improve current systems to read data?

Can you answer those questions? Or are we here to take your word that 'it is a hoax. game over?' Has critical thinking gone to the dumps? To much fox news lately?
The wavelengths she quoted are in the VISUAL range. To SEE them you use an optical telescope, not what she originally claimed to be using.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
WTF is wrong with people on here...why are you bashing on the OP???

She didn't make this story up, she isn't claiming it is true, and she is taking a lot of crap here.

She simply made ATS aware of something that she saw on FB...if it turns out to be a HOAX then so be it. But I don't know about anyone else...but this is why I come to ATS...to see these "way out there" stories that I would otherwise not see. And it looks like ATS has done a lot of good ground work on this on her background and on the investigation on the UV/Radio waves issue with this.

So my question is...would you rather have NOT known about this right when it broke? Maybe just here about it in a couple days about this being a possible hoax from some other source? Or would you rather know about these things as they break so we can all look into it and be up to date on things?

Because as things are going here...if I ever get the inside scoop on a story...I'm thinking I may not bring it here to ATS...bunch of childish comments bashing the OP...it's ridiculous.

ETA: Kozmo...haha...see I knew we could find some common ground we agree on. It's a start...maybe we will continue to agree more
This is as good of a cause to agree on as any.

[edit on 4-5-2010 by OutKast Searcher]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Alright, I need to come to the OP's defense on this one! She NEVER stated that this was real, factual or otherwise. She simply put this out there, based on information that she had seen on the internet, in order to create some awareness that SOMEONE was making this claim so that the ATS community could begin investigating and evaluating the matter - possibly with corroborating or debunking evidence. Instead she has been met with sneers, jeers and completely juvenile accusations.
Is this what ATS has become??? Do you folks NOT want people to bring potenitally serious news to the attention of the community?

Why don't we all just calm down a bit and wait and see how this thing plays out. The truth, like cream, usually has a way of rising to the top!

The OP should be congratulated on a good find and for bringing this situation to our attention so that we could better monitor its developments. Lighten up people!

Edited to add: Outkast you and I NEVER agree on anything, except this! You beat me to the punch by two minutes. Maybe we have more in common than we previously thought.

[edit on 4-5-2010 by kozmo]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

As expected. Nothing more than personal drivel without even a shred of science and you call it a hoax.

15mins up. Don't bother with the encore. Wouldn't want to keep you away from the applause for the nonsense you get applauded for. At least now i know where your ego and need for attention comes from.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I think this forum is wrong place to study is this true or false. There are better forums for debate such several radio astronomers forum. Everything so far points that this is false, kind of naive Facebook wanna-be-part-of-something-huge-story. Maybe that's why this bs is discussed only in ufo/paranormal sites.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

Kozmo, I respect you.

Have you seen anything like a deciphered message on this thread?
It is in the title. I am not bashing the OP, if she hadn't posted this we might have never seen it.

Unless I see anything remotely resembling proof here, which I haven't, after this many pages, I have to say hoax.

Remember the NASA-JPL worker was going to show us a big secret about the Mars rover Spirit?
What happened there?

I will just wait, no one needs proof here. Let me know when the invasion has begun.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I will sheepishly admit I have read every post since this thread began yesterday. I have also been burning up my keyboard looking into all these claims and counter claims. The majority of posters seem convinced that the good Doctor Judy is employed by NASA. There is the repeated reference to NASA Ames and SETI.

Ms. JUDY FALTSKOG merely shows up as a user of SETI@Home. I too was a user of SETI@home for a few years. All that means in her case (as mine) was she downloaded the program to let her computer be used for computing. The link to BOINC is the same thing. It is a company that allows labs to use people's computers to crunch data.

Other than the news story about the now famous "Kiss" and a taped interview from Redneck Radio, is her own web site.

We're all assuming she was in some official lab somewhere monotoring banks of instruments in an official capacity. There is no proof of that whatsoever. Her amazement that "SETI hasn't confirmed" would point to the conclusion that she in fact is NOT working for SETI or AMes or UC Berkeley or anyone for that matter.

Could she just be under the illusion she has blindly stumbled upon history making data confirming ET is out there?

Too many people are making the case regarding the improbability of these alleged UV signals coming through in any recognizable form from any radio telescope or telescope, or even back yard Tesla device, to have even the slightest hint of truth.

Do the research. Blind Faith just doesn't cut it here. IMO HOAX all the way. It's shameful.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by cosmicpixie

I certainly hope that you don't believe that I have bashed you.
I applaud that you put this up, it is what ATS is about.

A flag for the find and a star for your efforts! It is certainly not your doing if this IS a hoax.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
The baby looks lovely, CosmicPixie and so do you.
I don't think anyone is doubting your sincerity.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Thanks for the chivalry guys and gals

I'm just putting various people on ignore , I am trying hard not to be in a bad mood today which is hard enough as it is given I only got about 5 hrs sleep last night.

According to Wayne he had no reason not to trust her, he has been in comms with her for some months, she has been helping him with some Astronomy stuff relevant to his own research projects (he is a bit of an Astronomer too I gather). He says that some amateur astronomer he knew referred him to this Judy so I've now asked Wayne how well he knows THAT guy . It's been suggested there is a real Judy Faltskog but that this one might be an imposter.

I asked on the thread if anyone knw how many friends she had on FB and how long she'd had the account (it has been shut down since last night) and according to someone on Wayne's thread:

Truthseeker Lawrence
She had over 700 friends, and we had over 400 mutual friends. I'm not sure how long she's been on FB

So whoever this Judy is , she was someone with a fair amount of FB friends , don't know if that counts for much .........

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I just don't get it...

People seem to be claiming this thread is marketing for a book and how dumb some members of ATS are for buying into it.

All I see is 90% of posts here NOT buying into it but LOOKING into it (25 pages of looking into it).

So far... due to ATS members looking into this, the guy who is selling books has been found out and is coming off badly... not the best marketing you could do. If it wasn't for the work done on this thread by ATS members this guy could be selling books to his FB friends without any additional info to go on.

I say well done to all involved

I also say the nail isn't in the coffin yet with this story (although very close).

And don't be put off by people who have nothing to add and can't see the bigger picture of why this type of thread is good... in the end.

First the story breaks... then comes the digging... then comes the result... why does that make people dumb???? Assumptions are being made here that everyone is buying into this without thinking... wrong in so many ways.

[edit on 4-5-2010 by II HAL II]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Wow this thread has grown over night but it seems to have become a tit for tat ranting thread............so i'll be leaving it here.

Peace, now wouldn't that be a fine thing.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by A boy in a dress
The baby looks lovely, CosmicPixie and so do you.
I don't think anyone is doubting your sincerity.

Thanks, he's 6 now , still as cute but 100 times noisier and very, very willful....

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by II HAL II

There is more then a handful posting here who are already taken by this hoax or drifting dangerously close to it.

The OP is planning on becoming a salesman for the writer who is promoting this hoax.

If those two reasons are not enough to begin questioning the reasoning behind this story, then let us also add-

This is all based on recent posts on Facebook.

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join