It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alleged NASA -Affiliated Astronomer Deciphers 'Intelligence' Signal From Nearby Stars

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   
I just googled it and its on my google, I think you should do what I do and google it to learn more about it. You can also do a youtube if you want to ask me how to do a youtube just ask me, then you need to blog about also vlog about it.

you have to use the internet to do it

everyone does the net

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by MarrsAttax
reply to post by Mr Mask

I'm not sure I see the point of your post other than to run other people down and make yourself feel smug and superior.

Have you any idea how many times that sentence has been pushed my way?

This has nothing to do with me feeling superior (but seeing so many grown adults getting flustered over this obvious scam surly helps me feel that way).

I do not post opposing views here to feel superior.

I post opposing views here out of frustration with the collective stupidity of the human race.

Forgive me for feeling bad for people all willy-nilly and ready to sell their souls for bunk and false stories.

Ah to be always right, what a feeling that must be.

I am not always right...that is for sure.

But one thing I have NEVER been is-

"wrong about some crank-job selling his alien stories on facebook".

I got a 100% average of accuracy in calling these "clowns" for what they really are.

It is my personal view that all these little "UFO selling criminals" should be arrested for what they do.

It is "almost" par with taking advantage of the mentally handicapped.

Even if this does turn out a hoax,

If?!

I can only guess two things if you are still "on the fence here".

1- You are deliberately not seeing this for the laughable scam that it is, and faking "uncertainty" in hopes to spread the story more so Wayne can sell books.

or

2- You really are this lost in your own inability to make sensible conclusions on your own.

I hope that is not rude...it is simply how I fell and/or see this.

You are either acting "oblivious", or you just truly "are oblivious".

which it seems is quite probable there is no reason why disclosure wouldn't come from a whistle-blower on the net.

Riiiiight....

There is NO reason why a guy SELLING HIS CREATIVE WORKS about UFOs would be falsifying information online...

Right?

Ok.

The rise of the internet means it is much easier than it used to be for leaks to quickly find themselves a global audience.

Ok...sure.

And it also raises the risk of meeting dishonest criminals hell-bent on suckering the "dumb among us" into buying merchandise.

I wonder what one it is?

Truth and proof of aliens communicating with the human race.

Or just a small circle of dime-store con-men/women trying to cash-in on a bunch of "clueless folks".

Hmmmm...I wonder.

KEEP ME INFORMED!

There's nothing irrational in believing that this could have been the case here regardless of the final truth or otherwise of the claim.

[edit on 4/5/2010 by MarrsAttax]

There is nothing irrational about a guy who sells books on UFOs coming online and telling us-

"a friend of a friend of a friend told me aliens are talking to us on UV while radios are picking it up"?

No?

Really!?

What about when we add to the fact that this guy's future sale's rep is spewing the information on the world's largest conspiracy website?

Sadly, to me, it seems more like a badly performed publicity stunt.

Best part is watching Hoagland school this guy as if he is some expert on something.

I guess Hoggy refuses to see his bread-n-butter scam taken over by the newest huckster on the block.

Man...did I mention how stupid I think this story is?

You poor people...I worry for you.

[edit on 4-5-2010 by Mr Mask]

Returned to remove a line that implicated Marrsattax as the OP when it is apparent he is not. My personal apology goes out to the good Marrsattax and I hope he can find the heart and time to forgive me for making the mistake.

Mr Mask is not perfect and is known to make mistakes from time to time.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Don't know if anyone posted this but I made an account on that SETI@HOME berkely site and took a look at Judy's info. Her user page reads as follows.

Personal background Radio Astronomer working on government based projects in Europe, South America and the USA. Studied in Germany at well known university in Bavaria. Post Doctoral degree in Astrophysics, Astronomy, Quantum Physics and Mathematics. Born in Jonkoping / Sweden in 1965, but presently living in South Africa. Participated in various SETI, NASA and ESA programs. Great admirer of Gill Tarter and of he SETI Institute and Carl Sagan a NASA consultant on Astrophysics. Thoughts about SETI and SETI@home I believe that there is life out there. In this awesomely big universe / multiverse mankind is extremely arrogant to think that he is the only intelligent lifeform. SETI is the most Intelligent project ever started since we as a human race evolved out of the primordial mist. I believe we should concentrate our efforts and use our radio telescope time to study nearby stars such as Alpha and Proxima Centauri, Epsilon Bootes, Epsilon Eridani, Alpha Draconis and Mintaka. When we eventually find life you can take my word for it, it will be one of these. Already had some evidence that these could be the candidates. You heard it here first! So SETI check this out PLEASE!

It's interesting that she mentions "some evidence". I wonder if she's referring to the current topic or some other type of "evidence"

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   
This is awesome i was on Wayne Herschel's facebook, he has everything you want in a conspiracy, there is even a kidnap plot and talk of people with the most desirable X clearence!!!!, LOL.

On a serious note, it does coincide rather well with a lot of talk from people like Hawking concerning life being out there and it is Seti's 25th? anniversary?, anyway, fun times lol.

[edit on 4-5-2010 by Johnze]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   
alleged science by a freind on facebook ? what happened to the origional author publishing things themselves in propper channels

this smacks of sensationalist twaddle

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
alleged science by a freind on facebook ? what happened to the origional author publishing things themselves in propper channels

this smacks of sensationalist twaddle

Damn right it does.

Of course, so many are still "out on this" and trying to come to grips with an answer one way or another.

I can only thank my mama for raising no fools.

I'd hate to lose sleep over every scam/hoax online.

And I can only imagine what it must be like to use "Facebook" as a source for information...never mind "the greatest discovery in the history of mankind".

Man...where do they grow people like this?

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   
removed...comment:
2nd line

[edit on 4-5-2010 by paradiselost333]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Why hasn't this been moved to [HOAX] yet?
Line two.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   

I believe we should concentrate our efforts and use our radio telescope time to study nearby stars such as Alpha and Proxima Centauri, Epsilon Bootes, Epsilon Eridani, Alpha Draconis and Mintaka.

The Mintaka (Delta Orionis) multiple star system is approximately 900 light years from the Sun. I am not sure why that is included in a list of "nearby" stars.....

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Marrr
I made it to page six. Feeling pretty dumb right now. Goodnight.
Don't feel too dumb, I read up to page 23. Now that's dumb!

I must say that Bedlam's Nessie analogy said it very nicely.

When I saw the OP, I thought(against my gut feeling) that maybe, just maybe, I would get to read some message that had been

DECIPHERED?

114 flags so far. That shows how high hopes run in the 'disclosure eminent' crowd, smelled highly of hoax from page one.

[edit on 4-5-2010 by butcherguy]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I do hope Judy is correct, I've badly daubed 'We Come In Peace'
on a large chunk of cardboard and I'm now off to find a very tall
building and a greenish-coloured dress.

'Go Judy!'

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   

-Wayne Herschel- ◄◄◄BREAKING NEWS►►► update#4 - 11 minutes ago from Judy at NASA... "Wayne, it would seem as if this signal is not perse directed at us as a Species, but that we are now listening in on a Interstellar communication between civilisations on the Target stars I had mentioned. Only +- 1% of the signal seems modulated and the... rest seems to be an advance Binary code of sorts. There are so many subcarriers bundled into this signal. I dont think we have the technology on our planet at present to do this form of communication at this frequencies. We have still not reached any results, far from it. However I can say with confidence it is not Local, but definitely an Intelligence from beyond our Solar System. Wonder why SETI USA has not commented on anything yet. We are going to Stealth mode from now on, however I will keep you posted.

LOL

Dont have the technology on our planet to do this form of communication, but a small group of researchers at an undisclosed radio telescope have STEALTH MODE TECHNOLOGY???

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Johnze

Based on the context I'm assuming she means "not relaying further information for fear of life" but I might be mistaken?

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Anything more substancial since 10 hours ago????

Don't have time to read every page....

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ElijahWan

She may have reason to fear for her life if she is actually behind the hoax that has filled 23 pages of thread, HA HA!

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   
dude i hate to correct you but when she said stealth mode she ment 'under the radar' like, hiding stealth, know what i mean?

Yeh mate this whole thing sucks, course we keep reading just to satisfy our eagerness and hope one day we do make contact etc etc

Many want to take advantage of people like us for the benefits of money and because they can, and because nobody gives a # about our crowd.
Suck it up, bite it, and try not to fall for it again, and maybe one day we will all get what we dream about.

[edit on 4-5-2010 by Mr Zeropoint]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by john124
Anything more substancial since 10 hours ago????

Don't have time to read every page....
I wouldn't read it again, if I had it to do over again.

They are still perpetuating the HOAX, IMO.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by john124

He's selling books.
Line 2.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by john124

It seems like they are listening in on complicated chatter that
may or may not be directed or about us.
Judy has gone deep now, so communication is off for a little while.

It's all very exciting and Judy is there at the helm, leading the
show.
I for one, will be there with packed luggage for the Ufo pick-up.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
"Wayne, it would seem as if this signal is not perse directed at us as a Species, but that we are now listening in on a Interstellar communication between civilisations on the Target stars I had mentioned."

Riiiiight...good call.

And all that without any proof or backing evidence!

Judy you are on a roll!!!

So...this quack/hack isn't sure what these signals are, but is willing to place all credibility on the line about "guessing" what the signal's purpose is.

Its a "party line for aliens" of course!!!

Yeah...I mean it can't be a number of other "alien things"...like-

Space technology echoing into space.

Alien signals warning humans to do something (or not).

Media from said areas of space tuned for the sensory organs of said aliens...

Etc etc...

You would think that with lack of "proper research" that a NASA affiliate with not jump to conclusions on the "meaning" of space-signals.

But nope, not judy- she got it down!

SHE KNOWS HOW ALIENS ROLL!!!

And she KNOWS what these signals are being use for...sure.

Man o man...how do the "overly blind believers" live with themselves, handle money on their own and navigate to-and-from work without help?

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join