It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alleged NASA -Affiliated Astronomer Deciphers 'Intelligence' Signal From Nearby Stars

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Anyone else? Please show me any evidence on this thread!

I don't want to labor under my delusi9on any longer.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

I don't think you're delusional Mr. Butcherguy... I think you're
okay.

link   
I really became excited with this one but as usual it just seems another Hoax, oh dear!

Someday it will really happen, sooner rather than later....

link   
reply to post by JaquVanCouger

Every part of the EM spectrum gives off radio emmisions.

After some googling, I found some correlation between UV and radio emissions. After all, both are EM waves except different wavelengths and frequencies. Why not emissions of both that correlate?

Correlated Variations of UV and Radio Emissions During an Outstanding Jovian Auroral Event www.agu.org...

The radio source region deduced from the Nançay observations lies, for both days, close to the UV peak emission, exhibiting in particular a similar shift of the source region toward larger longitudes from one day to the next. A significant broadening of the radio source was also observed and it is shown that on both days, the extent of the radio source closely followed the longitude range for which the UV brightness exceeds a given threshold (∼3 kW m−1).

The correlated variations, both in intensity and longitude, strongly suggest that a common cause triggered the variation of the UV and radio emissions during this exceptional event

[edit on 4-5-2010 by john124]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by john124
reply to post by JaquVanCouger

Every part of the EM spectrum gives off radio emmisions.

After some googling, I found some correlation between UV and radio emissions. After all, both are EM waves except different wavelengths and frequencies. Why not emissions of both that correlate?

www.agu.org...

The radio source region deduced from the Nançay observations lies, for both days, close to the UV peak emission, exhibiting in particular a similar shift of the source region toward larger longitudes from one day to the next. A significant broadening of the radio source was also observed and it is shown that on both days, the extent of the radio source closely followed the longitude range for which the UV brightness exceeds a given threshold (∼3 kW m−1).

Phew! there's lots of big words in there.
I'm sorta guessing that we're listening to alien's 'light' sounds?... would that be near the mark?

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   

You did read the thread title, but did you read the posts? Is this a completed thread? If you presume just reading the title will get you the answer, then you are indeed far more sadly delusional that i had thought possible!

And I have not even ask to see your contribution other than condemnation of others yet

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by A boy in a dress

This particular link is Jupiter aurora, but I think it demonstrates that UV & radio emissions can correlate.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by john124

I see... I think. Thank you.
Do you think this real?

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

You gotta work for it, kid, no one owes you a living. grow up and quit hanging on to your momma's skirt.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I'm just jazzed to be in the discussion... it's all a little
over my wig... I mean head and it's exciting with NASA
people listening in on aliens talking to each other.

The secrets we will learn.... very exciting.

link   

Originally posted by A boy in a dress

okay.
Why, thank you, I think.

As much as I wish that we could listen in to an episode of Epsilon whatever's version of Jerry Springer, I have extreme doubts about this story.

link   

Dude just get off yer trolling rocker and take a chill pill sheesh. I'm as skeptical as you are but atleast wait a bit before trashing people and calling Hoax. I'm just going to laugh one day when I see someone only reveal a bit of info, get bashed and trolled to hell, then provide the evidence required. It's like you all get a kick out of repeating one another and being plain RUDE to the OP. If you have nothing to put forth....then why even reply to the thread? Oh that's right....all you skeptics/debunkers love bashing others rather than just waiting. Seriously....if I ever had information that could definitively prove life elsewhere...I highly doubt I would post it here on ATS because of all the a**hats who call foul early so they can have the biggest e-peen.

Seriously, I get so f-ing fed up with all the hate here on ATS. There's NO reason to bash someone for relaying the information to us. Regardless of if it is a HOAX or LEGIT, the OP is doing his duty by relaying the information to us.

link   
reply to post by cosmicpixie

Ahhh, Could these be the MIGHTY TRUMPETS SOUNDING, UM JUST SAYEN
Hello M82

2nd.

[edit on 5/4/10 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   

uh oh... I think someone has a huge crush on our phage

anyway, I got bored and thought because this isn't firsthand information, maybe they misunderstood her.

maybe she meant their radiotelescopes zeroed in on celestial bodies with ultraviolet excess and detected artificial patterns in the radio signals

oh well; we can dream, right?

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   

okay.
Why, thank you, I think.

As much as I wish that we could listen in to an episode of Epsilon whatever's version of Jerry Springer, I have extreme doubts about this story.

I too, would enjoy watching The Zorg and Nanoo adventures in Uranus,
but I also agree that this 'phone-line to the stars' business is a little
stretched.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   

reply to post by john124

I see... I think. Thank you.
Do you think this real?

Dunno... only that we should be patient. Nothing wrong with checking each new message to see if it technically makes sense or not. We shouldn't dismiss this altogether, but not get excited over it either.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101

You gotta work for it, kid, no one owes you a living. grow up and quit hanging on to your momma's skirt.
First: You are the one that accused me of being delusional.

Second: I don't have to work for any proof for this very clear HOAX. If you want to believe, fine. If you want to call me deluded for NOT believing this trash, you ought to pony up some PROOF!

I won't stoop to talking about your mother.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by reject

uh oh... I think someone has a huge crush on our phage

:

Noooo (said in a haughty tone) it was just that time when
I'd come back from tennis practice and the pool was quiet
and he just happened to be cutting the hedges... the sweat
glistened on his manly chest... back in a mo.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   

AT LAST!!!! You verify this thread as a hoax!!!

Bravo!!! Magnifique!!!

So, where are the evidence that it is a hoax, you mighty presumtous know it all, and save us the waiting!!! :-P

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I can confirm this is a HOAX.

I have been in contact with Jodrell bank, if England was Online they would be the ones.

I can also confirm that it would be impossible to receive signals in the UV range on a radio telescope.

It would be like trying to hear an ant talk using a megaphone....

Though well done to the OP as he just won himself a bucket load of stars and flags...

Korg out.

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join