It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religion is slavery, and god is obsolete.

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by novastrike81

still waiting on a response for my raped woman scenario, your thoughts???

Ok lets get technical, a raped woman becomes pregnant and terminates the baby something I fully support, baby is mid way through second trimester, has shape, moves, even has fingernails. Does that baby go to heaven or hell??? The rapist confesses his sins and gives himself to Jesus does he go to heaven? Raped woman suffers depression and commits suicide she goes to hell, seems kinda backwards doesn’t it...

[edit on 3-5-2010 by deenuu]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by deenuu

According to evolution we can be considered inbred if we all came from one common ancestor. Anyways, you are taking the whole inbred thing out of context. Yes, inbreeding NOW is frowned upon by God and mocked by society. You can question God's reasoning all you want but you will lose very time. He told them to be fruitful and multiply, how else were they supposed to reproduce? God could have easily made more people, but he didn't? Who am I to question God's judgement? Certainly not me, and definitely not you or anyone else. Once the population reached a certain number, then God commanded that no one shall inbred and that's when it became wrong. We can argue semantics about the Bible all you want. If you want to discuss things you don't understand we can too.

The story of Adam and Eve is a lie, The human race would not have populated if genes are cross contaminated we would have died, There are MAJOR medical problems with inbreeding, we evolved from animals, and animals evolved from parasites, and the parasites evolved from a chemical reaction, Just like leaving a tooth in coke over night, wake up and there is fungus growing on the tooth its a chemical reaction it is proven, even the church has apologized to Darwin, a few hundred years to late but the church has accepted Darwin’s theory of evolution.

How can you say that god said it was ok to inbreed for a while and once the population increased it is now a mortal sin, do you hear how crazy you sound...

Okay go do some Bible research, when you are done come back and we will discuss this. It's like talking to a foreigner, I swear. You sound quite crazy to me for your claims so once you have learned both sides of the story you can come discuss things further. You act like I don't know what you're talking about when I studied college level biology.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   

still waiting on a response for my raped woman scenario, your thoughts???

Ok lets get technical, a raped woman becomes pregnant and terminates the baby something I fully support, baby is mid way through second trimester, has shape, moves, even has fingernails. Does that baby go to heaven or hell??? The rapist confesses his sins and gives himself to Jesus does he go to heaven? Raped woman suffers depression and commits suicide she goes to hell, seems kinda backwards doesn’t it...

You made a new post so I figured you discarded this one so I saw no point in replying but since you brought it back up. Of course I don't see the point since I'm crazy; I'll be checking into a mental institution just for you.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   

man I know the story of Adam and Eve, I was raised a Catholic, It is impossible for 2 humans to have populated the world, like most Religious stories it is impossible and Faith isn’t an answer its a cop out, these scenarios im firing at you are real world scenarios which contradicts all essential religious teaching. Having studied biology you should be able to grasp how easy life can form given the right conditions, and how easy life can die given the wrong conditions.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   

The Adam & Eve guy made a reasonable observation imo. It's scientifically proven that inbreeding like the one suggested in the bible would lead to horrible deformities and mental disabilities. Even if A&E were super creaters who didn't suffer from that, their kids would...and which makes sense because in today's world we'd suffer from it too.

The whole point is, you can't take the bible literally. If that's true...then a lot of the laws introduced based on religious beliefs should be questioned.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Don't you see? God took care of that when he wiped them all out with the flood. The world was full of defects so God had them all killed off. Then Noah and his children started all over again with no incest whatsoever...oh wait...

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   
The reply guy made a valid point too, dont take religion seriously, keep it as a hobby, and use it to better yourself, quietly as it does offend some people...

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ

The Adam & Eve guy made a reasonable observation imo. It's scientifically proven that inbreeding like the one suggested in the bible would lead to horrible deformities and mental disabilities. Even if A&E were super creaters who didn't suffer from that, their kids would...and which makes sense because in today's world we'd suffer from it too.

The whole point is, you can't take the bible literally. If that's true...then a lot of the laws introduced based on religious beliefs should be questioned.

For someone who was raised Catholic you sure know nothing about the Adam and Eve story. You are right I do understand how the right conditions can do wonders and the wrong can create disasters. Evolution is logical and so is the Bible. Which one is right? They both can't be right that's not how it works. You have to perfect beings with perfect everything. Why would God allow two perfect beings to produce a fugly off spring that can't reproduce? Once God said you can't inbreed then it became a curse, if you want to call it that, when you see genetic deformities and the whole 9 yards. If you read the Bible you would know this.

I used to be an atheist and I remember laughing at the bible thumpers in my Biology class cause they were like "haha evolved from apes what ever!" and I said the typical along the lines comment of "oh ya so you must also believe in santa claus too and the invisible man upstairs?" Very skeptical and yea it made them mad but then again I didn't care. I didn't want to believe in a God. So I feel for your position, just stop attacking my sanity because it doesn't mesh with yours.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by K J Gunderson
reply to post by MrXYZ

Don't you see? God took care of that when he wiped them all out with the flood. The world was full of defects so God had them all killed off. Then Noah and his children started all over again with no incest whatsoever...oh wait...

Aside from the sarcasm you are partly correct. There were defects, those angels that inbreed with human woman and produced the Giants of the day. Yes, there is archeological proof of it too. I've only seen one femur but that's all the information I've ben able to find. When Noah stepped off the Ark he was able to reproduce. The command to not inbreed came with Moses, not pre-flood.

Also it just wasn't Noah and his wife. He had his 3 sons and their wives to repopulate the planet.

[edit on 3-5-2010 by novastrike81]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   

what changed your faith if you dont mind, I know thats a personal question and you dont have to answer, but I have a hunch that there must have been something major in your life..

And yes ONLY ONE IS RIGHT you have more riding on that one than me..

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Religion means many things to many people. Not all is slavery and obsolescence...

A soldier named Nobushige came to [Zen master] Hakuin, and asked: "Is there really a paradise and a hell?"

"Who are you?" inquired Hakuin.

"I am a soldier," the warrior replied.

"You, a soldier!" exclaimed Hakuin. "What kind of ruler would have you as his guard? Your face looks like that of a beggar."

Nobushige became so angry that he began to draw his sword, but Hakuin continued: "So you have a sword! Your weapon is probably much too dull to cut off my head."

As Nobushige drew his sword Hakuin remarked: "Here open the gates of hell!"

At these words the samurai, perceiving the master's discipline, sheathed his sword and bowed.

"Here open the gates of paradise," said Hakuin.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Also it just wasn't Noah and his wife. He had his 3 sons and their wives to repopulate the planet.

lol swingers party anyone

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   

lol swingers party anyone

touche

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Unshakable faith is only that which can face reason face to face, in every epoch.

Allan Kardec

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by deenuu

Well the baby goes to heaven (that would be obvious) the rapist goes to heaven (because he confessed his sins) and unfortunately the woman goes to hell(which is a real shame) is that it ? Has your point been proven that YHWH and Jesus are bad and we shouldn't follow them ? You probably won't answer these questions, but here they are:

What type of society do we live where sex and lust is promoted so heavily ? Take the internet, tv and magazines for example.

If we follewed the new testament would these things exist ?

Why is it when humanity is left to its own devices do billions suffer because of greed ?

You probably won't answer, but you can't deny the truth this world is backwards and its nöt because of jesus........if we had faith in him this world would be perfect......i look forward to your response although you probably won't reply.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   

You made a new post so I figured you discarded this one so I saw no point in replying but since you brought it back up. Of course I don't see the point since I'm crazy; I'll be checking into a mental institution just for you.

Ahh Don’t do that, my work day has flown because of our debate, I enjoy debating this subject with someone so passionate about their faith and being able to debate reasonably and respectfully most of the time. I do think you’re crazy and wrong about many things but I don’t hate you for it and I find it amusing, If only other people in the world could laugh about differences instead of killing each other.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Ahh Don’t do that, my work day has flown because of our debate, I enjoy debating this subject with someone so passionate about their faith and being able to debate reasonably and respectfully most of the time. I do think you’re crazy and wrong about many things but I don’t hate you for it and I find it amusing, If only other people in the world could laugh about differences instead of killing each other.

Well laughter causes emotion.. emotions invoke anger.. anger invokes hate.. hate leads to violence. I think anyway you look at it violence will happen because someone can't control their emotions. Maybe if people just accepted the fact that someone wants to believe in the tooth fairy and another wants to believe we are millions of years old then we wouldn't have this issue. We let our emotions control us; talk about being a slave in your own body.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Intuitiveaptitude2009

Well the baby goes to heaven (that would be obvious) the rapist goes to heaven (because he confessed his sins) and unfortunately the woman goes to hell(which is a real shame) is that it ? Has your point been proven that YHWH and Jesus are bad and we shouldn't follow them ? You probably won't answer these questions, but here they are:

thanks for your reply I think your religion is disgusting and completly backwards and seems to reward bad behaviour re: the rapist, If that was my wife and your religion was true id kill myself to join her and try and find a way to kill your god, but its not so I dont need to worry.

Secondly I believe sex brings you closer to my god very similar to pagan beliefs god is nature, sex is a human expression which we express REAL love. Religion makes sex out to be dirty for one reason or another i dont know why but it is backwards. We should be promoting safe sex and not worring about pleasing a ghost.

Peace.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   

emotions invoke anger

well thats wrong, love doesent invoke anger in me, and love is an emotion.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   

There's a limit to that though. if everyone were allowed to believe what they want with no attempt to exchange or debate it, then all would be an island and humanity would be boring. Fact is some ways are simply stupid and must be at least attempted to be removed. I am religious, and yet I agree that God is obsolete and religion is slavery. But I ask, why is that bad? And I believe for personal proof, yes. But also out of faith. Sentience is pointless. All you do eventually ends and eventually you are forgotten. There is no point to it. If you believe evolution naturally creates intelligence, even through randomness, that's still a system. If you believe we were "created" by some contradictory advanced race, they are obviously saying we matter. For me, Christ makes sure I do not "end".

In the end, the fact that God is obsolete and yet I still find purpose in him is beautiful to me.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join