It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

98 ATS members and Counting...Australia "Out of Place"

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by RuneSpider
In all seriousness, how many of these people live in the United States or Britain, and actually really paid attention to maps and Geography over the past several years.

ding ding ding!!! we have a winner!

Originally posted by muzzleflash
...At least 1 American knows what Australia looks like on a map...

Thank you so much, Aussies like me truly appreciate it when foreigners take the time to learn a little bit about our pocket of the globe.

Australia “used” to be located in the middle of nowhere with huge ocean on all sides

Might i suggest this is just a common misconception ? Maybe something to do more with the fact that most people are horribly misinformed and barely know places like New Guinea or New Zealand exist (Firefox doesn't even acknowledge it as a word), let alone are aware of their position on the map. Besides, we're still in the middle of nowhere, despite if you honestly believe we've moved or not.

Another explanation may be the change in mapping techniques we've experienced over the years

Better yet...isn't it possible your memory has just warped a little over time ?

I'm sure you could line up 10 people, have them all look at a simple picture, ask them to draw it, and i guarantee they all draw it slightly different. It's to do with perspective I'm sure, people just remember things differently, and memory deteriorates over time, its natural doesn't mean you're stupid.

Anyway, i find this a little insulting...you seem to forget that Australia is populated ... don't you think if we experienced some form of time dilation / warp / reality shift that we, the populace of Australia, would have noticed!?!

I believe someone already covered this, but when something doesn't look right to you, for you to go "oh there's no chance I'm remembering it wrong, something has definitely changed here" is totally self-absorbed and a really bad way to look at the world.

I just find myself face palming, laughing and sighing all the way through this thread, i mean seriously, come on guys. Get over yourselves.

to quote the late great rick james
"wish i had more hands"

[edit on 5/5/2010 by noomy]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 04:52 AM
link   
My memory of australia falls somewhere between D and E......

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by riley
There is no change in the timeline.. really that explanation is incredibly egotistical.

"I remember Australia in the wrong place.. but it can't be me thats wrong but the entire continent.. as well as time and space itself."

Yes 98 members is alot but even though that is alot it is still far more likely that you all just suck at geography rather than you all being supermen with ESP powers enough to notice changes in the universe's timeline.

dodgy textbooks wouldn't have helped either.

[edit on 30-4-2010 by riley]

i think someone is a little jealous, no?

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   
4 Aussies are on the list of people that believe this? They should be ashamed. Another interesting thing, 95 % of the group are foreigners. IF this were a true paranormal occurrence, more Aussies would be noticing this, not just foreigners that are really bad at interpreting maps.

I think misinformation, or just a lapse in memory is to blame, simple as that.

I would like to tell you to just swallow your pride and forget all of this, but sadly, i know it wont happen.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
What is your point? 98 people out of close to 7 billion registers your beliefs somewhere between "ronald mcdonald is an illuminati master" and "nibiru is incoming with inhabitants that are evil flesh eating versions of grimus."

I wonder exactly what your theory means for the rest of us. I am a Virginian, but Australia is in the exact same place I've always remembered it being. Apparently when facts, evidence, thousands of years of documentation and so forth are overwhelmingly making someone look ignorant people can now just claim there has been a "timeline shift." My guess would be that the people who recognize the "shift" are just superior beings to us all, you know, the type that retain knowldge from past lives while the rest of us "sheep" just keep on trucking. People apparently go to great lengths just to feel special or different.

The ability for some people to dodge reality is impeccable. The last thread got WAY too much attention imo. Now it seems someone is just trying to follow suit. WAKE UP, USE YOUR BRAINS!!!!!

[edit on 7-5-2010 by Shark VA84]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWrightStuff
4 Aussies are on the list of people that believe this? They should be ashamed. Another interesting thing, 95 % of the group are foreigners. IF this were a true paranormal occurrence, more Aussies would be noticing this, not just foreigners that are really bad at interpreting maps.

I think misinformation, or just a lapse in memory is to blame, simple as that.

I would like to tell you to just swallow your pride and forget all of this, but sadly, i know it wont happen.

how do you know that 95% of the group are foreigners.

First its these dumb americans dont know their geography.

Now its, these dumb foreigners dont know their geography.

Lets just go on an insulting rampage and say we are all retarded and dont remember anything correctly.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I pick E as where I remember it.

I'm from America.

I'm sure it is not C.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   
At first I thought it was a load of crap, but suddenly I remembered, a couple of years ago I was looking on a map of the world and I was looking for New Zealand and was stunned that it was south east of Australia, not at the north east as I had in my memory. It might be just my memory that was wrong, but now these threads appear...

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 04:57 AM
link   
I am Aussie and ex military (so a lot of our insignia is based around the shape of Australia), and also find this so damn funny.
Australia is as it should be in position C. I even have a map from the 1970's that shows this!
I am just as surprised as TheWrightStuff that there are any Aussies here that even think that any of the other maps are in the running!
I cant remember whom it was that brought up the subject that the island group above the Mainland is only a few short hrs away, but, as I said before I am ex military, and have had to serve on those Islands above Mainland Aust! they are absolutely correct!
How the hell did this get to be a conspiracy.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by demonseed

i think someone is a little jealous, no?

Or mabey it scares the crap outta them, to think, in the back of their mind they may know it is true, and realize on some level, their whole world may have been sort of MIB erased and re written.....

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by mellisamouse

whole world may have been sort of MIB erased and re written.....

That sounds more realistic than a timeshift...

What if the whole world population has been under some kind of mind manipulation, but it did not work 100% on some of the population.
Glitches in the imprint...?

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
to me C looks most out of place.

D looked correct, although i thought NZ was slightly lower.

i always remembered it being way further from everything, definitely not that close to new gueni

[edit on 8-5-2010 by LurkerMan]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I'm from New Zealand and I know none of the maps are correct.

Although C is the closest, there should be just a little more space between Cape York and New Guinea.

1. Ever notice how similar aboriginal people appear to Papuan's?

2. Ever wonder why Australia is a giant desert and New Zealand is lush and green?

3. Ever wonder why there is more snow in New Zealand and it is colder than Australia?

4. Ever looked at a map and noticed that there exist bands of desert on either side of the equator and that deserts (the sandy kind, like you find in Australia) tend to exist only within these bands?

5. Ever wonder what happened to New Caledonia if New Zealand displaced it like everyone is claiming?

6. Ever wonder if THERE IS MORE THAN ONE MAP PROJECTION??

One commenter on this thread states that the map they remember from high school looks different that the OP's map and then links to a completely different map projection of the exact same situation as map 'C'! JESUS!

There seems to be no explanation of where New Caledonia would be if NZ were positioned to the north east of Australia? Huh? New Caledonia? You mean, there are other island's too?? GO FIGURE!

How could you not realize that there is a specific range of latitude on either side of the equator where sandy deserts are prevalent? Australia lies at the same latitude as the Pampas/Atacama and Kalahari deserts while symmetrically, on the other side of the equator, the Sahara lies at the same latitude as the Sonora, Thar, Talak Makan, and Arabian deserts - if Australia was farther south than the Kalahari in Africa, it wouldn't have a sandy desert. NEVER NOTICED!

I don't really feel like explaining any more of my points. Its just obvious to anyone who has looked at a map from the 1800's through today (which is everyone capable of reading this) that these land masses have been there all along. Just not obvious enough for the tardlings who create an account just to look like imbeciles and bring down the quality of the website. I spent a lot of time here back in 2003/2004 and now I remember why I left. This place got REAL dumb.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snowi

Originally posted by mellisamouse

whole world may have been sort of MIB erased and re written.....

That sounds more realistic than a timeshift...

What if the whole world population has been under some kind of mind manipulation, but it did not work 100% on some of the population.
Glitches in the imprint...?

Im not discounting that. Although, that brings up many more implications as well.

Why?
If this is how the world looks now, what happened to cause this?
Interesting theory though. I find it very believable.

Here's an interesting article:

www.popsci.com...

"Plenty of past research has manipulated the minds of animals and humans alike by using more blunt methods such as electrodes inserted into the brain. But optogenetics has taken mind control to a new level by permitting researchers to target very specific types of brain cells by merely flashing specific light signals."

So, the just admitted that they have been experimenting with this in humans???
Very surreal.....

[edit on 9-5-2010 by demonseed]

[edit on 9-5-2010 by demonseed]

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Conspiracy Chicks fan !
Here's a map from 1923

It doesn't look any different to how it is represented now.

[edit on 27-4-2010 by Conspiracy Chicks fan !]

You do realise if there was a timeline change, past events would change into it's benefit, including maps.

I remember it as it's shown E, I am even doing Geography into A Level, basically stare at map everyday, I am not saying it is 100% true, but something seems certainly odd and Australia in my mind should be at least a bit further South, currently the width is no larger than the English Channel.

I have seen other timeline theory threads, but I do not understand is that some people are not effected, where as others become oblivious and adapt to this timeline change.

[edit on 9/5/2010 by Eckoro]

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Eckoro

The post you quoted me was early on in the thread, before this idea was fully elaborated on.
A timeline shift still doesn't make sense, because if Australia and New Zealand were different in another timeline, then the causal chain of events would have affected everything else, and you'd certainly notice many more differences than just Australia and New Zealand being out of place on a map.
The whole world would be unrecognisable to the one you remembered, and you wouldn't need to see a map to prompt you into thinking you'd gone through a timeline shift, as it would be abundantly obvious as soon as it happened.

[edit on 9-5-2010 by Conspiracy Chicks fan !]

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I remember, a few years back, having a heated debate with an American who insisted that there was a bridge inbetween Northern Ireland and the UK mainland. It didn't matter that I told him that, no, there absolutely, definitely wasn't a bridge, and the only way for me to get from here to the mainland was by air or sea, no bridges, tunnels or anything similar.

I suspect he got a bit mixed up hearing about the Giant's Causeway.

I've been watching these threads about landmasses moving, and it's utter nonsense, it's either someone just seeing how many idiots he can string along, or there's some form of therapy needed somewhere.

In short, I could probably find you 98 members of this site who couldn't point to their own house on a street map of their town. Some people just don't get geography. If your expertise is in another area, your geographical memory could be absolutely terrible. I know there's plenty of places in the world i couldn't just point out on a map without thinking. Show me 5 different options, and you're just adding confusion to an already uncertain topic.

I'm starting to think that maybe just anyone being able to start a thread is a bad idea.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Conspiracy Chicks fan !
reply to post by Eckoro

The post you quoted me was early on in the thread, before this idea was fully elaborated on.
A timeline shift still doesn't make sense, because if Australia and New Zealand were different in another timeline, then the causal chain of events would have affected everything else, and you'd certainly notice many more differences than just Australia and New Zealand being out of place on a map.
The whole world would be unrecognisable to the one you remembered, and you wouldn't need to see a map to prompt you into thinking you'd gone through a timeline shift, as it would be abundantly obvious as soon as it happened.

[edit on 9-5-2010 by Conspiracy Chicks fan !]

THats not necessarily true.

If little things change then you wouldnt notice.

If you shifting timelines causes a leaf on a tree to move to another branch, would you ever notice?

However, if moving timelines causes Australia to change appearance and location(slightly), you would probably more than likely notice.

The idea here is we dont really know what happened but we know that australia doesnt look right at all.

For some people it does, for others it doesnt.

Maybe someone in upper government is playing around with time travel or the likes and is erasing our memory to imprint the new memory of the new world, yet somehow not all of us got affected.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by demonseed
THats not necessarily true.

If little things change then you wouldnt notice.

If you shifting timelines causes a leaf on a tree to move to another branch, would you ever notice?

However, if moving timelines causes Australia to change appearance and location(slightly), you would probably more than likely notice.

I was referring to this particular idea of a timeline shift involving Australia.
Boat and air travel to Australia would have been a little bit shorter or longer if Australia was in another place, so the millions of people that have travelled to Australia over the last few centuries would have had different lives, due to the slight alteration in their journey times, and it would effect everyone else that they'd interacted with too.

The current crop of Australians and New Zealanders would be completely different to the ones in the old timeline because of their change in location as well.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I wish my timeline didnt include 98 stupid people. Be interesting to see what the original person who started this garbage knows about Australia. No we dont all have pet kangaroos, our last names arnt Dundee and NZ hasnt moved in modern times. Though i wish it did move further away, strange things go on down there with sheep...

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join