It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

98 ATS members and Counting...Australia "Out of Place"

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I remember Australia as being correct in A or B but New Zealand in relation to Australlia as it is in C.

Interesting thread and here's another one to ponder ...

During my last three years of primary school (gr.6-8) in the late 70's, the geography books and Atlases we studied did NOT have Central America in them. North America went to the Southern border of Nicaragua or Costa Rica and South America started South of that. I do not know when that changed in the Atlases, but it was definately after 1979. Does anyone else remember this or should I start padding the walls?

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Aresh Troxit

can you ring up john Laws or who ever is the king of talk back now and explain this to the Aus public....

Tell them that in your timeshift, just you and 98 others..it has some how altered land mass locations...just AUST & NZ...

The please explain to me how my history the same history you were taught prior to your time shift is different????

If we were taught in the same time dimension and I stayed in this time and you shifted and then come back to my time...equipped with the same knowledge I was taught HOW THE *(&^&% a whole continent and NZ is floating around the pacific and only 98 people have ever noticed.....

Either you have a serious issues that need medical help or you need to refresh you basic scholastic knowledge...Begin with geography starting from Grade 1...

No disrespect guys but you are all &^%&^% acting stupidly...there is no other way of saying it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[edit on 28-4-2010 by Rollo]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rollo
reply to post by Aresh Troxit

whole continent and NZ is floating around the pacific and only 98 people have ever noticed.....

I see the number 98 comes up again and again, but i'll bet there are millions upon millions of us with a different memory of Australia around the world...

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by badw0lf

Originally posted by joechip
i don't know why everyone is so upset that some people remember a different placement for Australia (or anywhere else)...clearly if you remember it as it is represented (or had first hand experience with its current placement) that doesn't prove that people's memories are wrong and they haven't experienced the change they say they have. I remember the same large expanse of ocean surrounding Australia depicted in E. and the "correct" picture, C. looked not just wrong, but wildly wrong. Who cares though, right? Why insist that you are the arbiters of reality? There may be "realities" and they may intersect and combine and who really knows, right?

1 + 1= 5

I remember it, must be a timeline shift, because no way I am wrong !!

err....this is not about being right or wrong...nor do I insist that a timeline shift is the only, or correct explanation....my whole point was that it is an interesting, even fascinating phenomenon for the people that are experiencing these changes...obviously it's not going to be as fascinating for YOU, you haven't experienced any changes...again, it's NOT about being right or wrong...and cannot be debunked...we're talking about a subjective experience here...THAT YOU DIDN'T HAVE. Get over yourself.

edit to add: I just realized alot of you just enjoy insulting people. Feeling superior and whatnot. Closed-minded arrogance FTW!

[edit on 28-4-2010 by joechip]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
This topic is kind of a short, one question Darwin test. It's like when the IQ tests were scored and everyone who scored 70 and below was asked to raise their hand. 98 and counting raised their hand...
and they were proud of it.

[edit on 28/4/2010 by Chamberf=6]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Boy people don't just read anymore do they? O-o I think its very obvious if your from THIS timeline you wont remember anything changing so WTF does it have to do with maps? Since the maps from this timeline will of course have remained the same. It's the memories of the "Jumpers" that change. Not the damn maps!

Why would a map here be different when the only thing that's changed is the person that "jumped". There will be no evidence as such to peruse. The only thing one of these other timeline people will have as proof is there own memories and MAYBE some physical signs. Even if they are minute at best.

What in the hell does politics or anything about IQ's have to do with this?! Nothing! If you are assuming the people who remember the maps being different are having delusions or are mentally handicapped, please give that tack up. Defaming other people to make yourselves look smarter is no way to advance your mind. You have to be willing to make suppositions. And have you noticed HOW MANY people believe this?! A good deal. I know you all have heard the expression, "One million chinese people can not be wrong about rice.".

The sheer number of those who believe this is stunning. Much more than can be explained by mass delusion or non-critical thinking. Numbers do not lie. At least not often.

But the point i'm trying to get across is that i think too many of you are close minded and overly enmeshed in the culture you are in. Sometimes things happen. The universe is not a steady stable place. It is always changing. Who says jumping timelines is not possible? Howe do you know this? Just because you don't believe it does not make it a delusion or a non-fact.

[edit on 28-4-2010 by Mari4199]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Well, you're going to have to make that 99 (or whatever number we're up to)... I recall Australia being slightly more southwest than that...

I have no trouble admitting I am wrong but that's what I remember and C actually looks very wrong to me.

I'm not jumping to timeline shifts but it is rather strange to see the maps look so different from memory...

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Mari4199

Try reading this then.

Firstly:
Maps DO change. Different cartographers, different methods, different geopolitical emphasis, crappy publishers who decide to resize a map to fit a position on a page and plain old human mistakes. Happens all the time. I doubt greatly the Taiwanese made world globe sitting on my desk at home is 100% accurate, to scale and ready to plan wars with. Its a representation, nothing more. The $50 dollar map you may have studied at school is a representation as well. Real maps cost lots of money for exacting detail and accuracy. Ask a cartographer!!!

Secondly:
Memory is not perfect. As I have said in another thread, Memory is NOT concrete. Its pliable, interpreted, and where facts are forgotten, the brain can shove fabrication in to make up the slack. THAT is fact, scientific, provable, repeatable. We are imperfect biological computers. This isn't about anyone specific, this is a flaw of humanity.

Thirdly:
Denying reality and proclaiming time shift every time your memory fails is just not a viable method for living your life.

Try explaining to your significant other some time that you forgot to pick the kids up from school because of time shift. "I swear honey you said you would pick them up this morning, there must have been a time shift!". If I tried that Id have the c**p kicked out of me at least once a month by my wife.

And Finally:
Never attribute to time shift, that which can be adequately explained by Tequila.

[edit on 29/4/2010 by Gaderel]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I've had a look at old world maps via Google, and I can safely say that older cartographers were only estimating the general size and placement of the land masses. I've seen some where North America is a fraction of it's actual size, some where Australia is depicted as one great amorphous blob that spans the entire southern polar region, some where the sea has shrunk and Asia is literally within stone throwing distance of Western America.

You've been looking at inaccurate maps, and now we have precise maps it's showing the previous ones up where they went wrong, that's all there is to it. If a land mass as large as Australia had moved we'd all be living in a completely different timeline with different outcomes to this one. No little timeshift where everything manages to slot perfectly back into place apart from down under's location.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Snowi

Having Lived in OZ all my life i can safely say that our closest neighbors have always been PNG, NZ and Indonesia.
We used to do projects on how PNG is very close to us in the first grade, when we were 6.Many many people who were born in PNG have relocated to Oz.There are around 20 Million people in OZ, do you think, perhaps that if there had been a true and significant Continental shift a vast portion of our populace, PNG's populace and other countries in Austral Asia may have noticed this occurrence? Between all the countries in the Austral Asian region i think we would have figured this out were it a fact.Residing in all the Austral Asia countries we DO HAVE geologists and geographers,with all the experts in the world on these topics i would have to assume that if it were true someone who was an educated authority on such topics would have revealed this to the world. . . I would say the problem here lies in memory, not in an unnoticed and large scale displacement of an entire land mass.
What say you to that? Is it possible, that a few people have false memory of a map.Or that Millions of people in an entire region of the world have failed to notice such a significant shift?

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I believe US Americans are unable to do so because some people out there in our nation don't have maps, and I believe that our education, like such as South Africa, and the Iraq, everywhere like such as, and I believe that they should, our education over here in the US should help the US, and or should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and Asian countries, so we will be able to build up our future.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
in truth d is closes but i swear to god new zeland wass on the other side...maybe i am delusional but i remebber it very specificly

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by invetro

Somehow I don't think I have been looking at really old maps my entire life up until a year or so ago....

Also, I seriously doubt schools used really old cartographer maps in studies. By all means, if you find maps that show Aus where people here remember it to be and everyone here can go, AHA! I remember being shown that map in school!, then maybe you will be onto something.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by mumma in pyjamas

/facepalm

/sigh

Another who just doesn't get it. Please read the thread and the many explanations about timeshifts and how people of this one wouldn't have anything to have gone "unnoticed by millions"...

[edit on 29-4-2010 by Puresilence]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by mumma in pyjamas
reply to post by Snowi

Having Lived in OZ all my life i can safely say that our closest neighbors have always been PNG, NZ and Indonesia.
We used to do projects on how PNG is very close to us in the first grade, when we were 6.Many many people who were born in PNG have relocated to Oz.There are around 20 Million people in OZ, do you think, perhaps that if there had been a true and significant Continental shift a vast portion of our populace, PNG's populace and other countries in Austral Asia may have noticed this occurrence? Between all the countries in the Austral Asian region i think we would have figured this out were it a fact.Residing in all the Austral Asia countries we DO HAVE geologists and geographers,with all the experts in the world on these topics i would have to assume that if it were true someone who was an educated authority on such topics would have revealed this to the world. . . I would say the problem here lies in memory, not in an unnoticed and large scale displacement of an entire land mass.
What say you to that? Is it possible, that a few people have false memory of a map.Or that Millions of people in an entire region of the world have failed to notice such a significant shift?

There may lie a part of the problem. It is misconception to think the land has moved as such. We, 98+1, say that our memories of things are different from yours on many points. If you read all my previous posts on the subjects, I recall some strange time related discrepancies in our lives. And WE, more than any one, are at a loss to understand what has happened. Or why.
If more people were willing to AT LEAST consider what might be happening to us in an intelligent way, like you did, it would ease everything and allow clear thinking on everybody's part. Some have been saying " Tell us it has impacted you daily life!" I did. But no one picks up on those details of this venture. It is a thrill, in a way. But it is also filled of sad thoughts. Are we considered as "missing persons" in our original time line, never to be found again? My wife is happy to see her dad is now a nicer person. But is it still HER dad?...

ATS is a conspiracy theory discussion site. Just consider the following for a minute. Many agree that "Hollywood" is used as a conditioning tool. And that by putting many ideas in movies, intentionally crappy at times, to put a public "discredit" on said ideas. Now, don't you find "coincidental" that a show like Fringe surfaces as we claim it happens? Yes, we might be gullible enough to have been brainwashed beyond measures. But if that is the case, or that we were subjected to a time shift, or been magically transported to Disneyland by the Fairy Tooth, does it matter? We need more help in finding a cause than being called retard, drunk, mentally ill, etc. If we are mentally ill, help us find the reason why such a delusion would simultaneously affect people from around the world with similar memories. That would be a first, no?

So until proven guilty, we should be considered innocent, unless everyone has already been brainwashed by the new tendencies of the world governments.

Have a nice day,

Aresh

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Puresilence

You're missing my point. My stance on this is that some people have been looking at maps that haven't been entirely accurate with their placements, even if they were "new" and since this whole timeshift business has come to light you're only now paying any specific amount of attention to what is where.

I still say if it had happened then the timeline shift would not involve entire continental relocations, but it would more involve subtler changes like technological acheivements not being what you thought they used to be or historical events being different.

Consider how similar our two timelines would have to have been. Things would not play out identically if a continent was in a different place relative to it's "twin" timeline.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Yep. Ok. You win. The secret's out and we've been busted

You're right. New Zealand used to be on the other side of Oz. But it got too hot for them, over there off West Australia. So they took a referendum and the majority of Kiwis agreed to relocate over to the eastern side of Oz

They were pretty organised about it and studied up on all the new plants and horticulure before they moved. So almost as soon as they got across to Australia's eastern side, they got stuck into it and erected chalets on those new glaciers, so they could capitalise on their new snow

It's been very successful, from New Zealand's point of view. They have a vibrant new tourist industry up and running and the ski-lodges now replace all the grass huts they used to have when they were located of Western Australia

We didn't realise anyone had noticed the relocations of Australia and New Zealand, as the move was conducted in absolute secrecy and under cover of darkness.

At first, the New Zealand government planned to move New Zealand via a south-east passage, stopping over in Adelaide and Melbourne on the way. They'd even done a deal with travel bureaus and intended to pick people up on the way through, to save on air-fares. But there was bad weather that years, so it was decided instead to take New Zealand up and across the north of Australia and then sailing gently down the Queensland coast before heading further east until they could find subterranean mountains to deposit New Zealand on

They used a fast setting, water-proof cement to attach New Zealand to the tops of dormant undersea volcanoes and then dropped anchors all around the coastline to hold it in place

People don't realise what a marvel of engineering it was, detaching New Zealand from the African and ther plates --- then 'floating' it, basically, on gigantic blow-up rafts developed by NASA, until New Zealand could be attached to those volcanoes

Moving Austraila was much easier though, thanks to the combined US and French navies, who essentially dragged the entire continent using nylon fibre ropes attached to nuclear powered submarines

It was believed no-one would be observant enough to notice that Oz and New Zealand had moved, but obviously the planners underestimated a certain group who frequent an online forum known as ATS. I've been advised on very good authority that the thread in question is under surveillance by several alphabet agencies who're concerned the news of Australia's and New Zealand's secret relocation could go viral

After what happened to Doctor Kelly and the 400 missing microbiologists, I wouldn't be admitting publicly that I'd noticed that Aus and NZ had moved .... caution is advised. You never know who's reading this thread

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Puresilence

when i was in the 3rd grade our class sang a song about a mouse that ran away, we had learned it everyday for one week.
Then i got very sick and had to have an entire week off school.When i returned and we went to sing the mouse song and i realised that my entire class was singing different words than me so i stopped singing and listened.
A lot of the words were the same as i remembered but they were all in a different order and the order of the verses was somewhat different.
Now at first (being 8) i thought the class was playing some kind of trick on me and all mixing up the words to make me crazy, then i had to accept that i had a FALSE MEMORY, my memory had failed me.
I considered your theory and attempted to apply it to my situation, did I experience a time shift that 31 of my classmates did not experience, was i the only one who knew the REAL words of the mouse ran away song?
I have considered this and decided no, i would like to believe that my memory was perfect and correct and my class had experienced an inexplicable time shift phenomenon but i cannot convince myself this is the case.
I have tried your theory out on my situation and I just cannot accept it.
I am a human, prone to error, prone to mistakes and false memory.
Do you believe it is at all possible that YOU have an imperfect memory? has that been a a consideration? or was your first conclusion that some kind of unexplained phenomenon had occurred?

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by mumma in pyjamas

mistake post new user did not know how to delete, sorry.

[edit on 29-4-2010 by mumma in pyjamas]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Snowi

Originally posted by Chamberf=6
I am just curious about something regarding this...

Are there ANY Australians or Kiwi's that think as the OP does?

The list now over 100 contains 4 people from Australia

When did these so called Australians register? Before or after this ridiculous topic came up?

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join