It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

98 ATS members and Counting...Australia "Out of Place"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
WE are now 98 members here on ATS that have different memories regarding Australia & NZ's location...Are you one of US...???

To realize that a possible Timeline shift in reality has occurred blows my mind and others. Australia in my mind has clearly relocated itself North West and in my and others memories NZ was just North East of Australia and much closer. The biggest blow to my mind was Australia and it's “NEW” location so close to Papua new Guinea. Australia “used” to be located in the middle of nowhere with huge ocean on all sides and far far away from Papua new Guinea.

How can this be explained...???
Well...I can't...!!!

So let's do a little memory test and a Poll...!!!

5 pictures A, B, C, D, and E.

Now...How do you remember Australia...A, B, C, D or E...???

This all started in the thread Something has changed Timeline where it evolved into this thread Shocking: New Zealand and Australia are out of their place on the map. I have now read the last thread twice and it's a 3 hour read. I also made a list of all the members from that thread that had different memories of Australia & NZ and we are now 98 and counting.

I finally talked to family and friends about Australias location and almost all of my family and 2 of my friends thinks current location of Australia is bizarre...out of place. So talked to loved ones because I think this shift/dimension jump happened recently last 1 or 2 year.

So lets make this thread simple so we can have a Poll.
After you have submitted your memory of Australia's location follow this link www.abovetopsecret.com... to get to the main thread for further discussion or thrash talking as some prefer to do.

...4 Australian are on the list...

...I'm from Norway...

[edit on 27-4-2010 by Snowi]

+39 more 
posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I all seriousness, how many of these people live in the United States or Britain, and actually really paid attention to maps and Geography over the past several years.

[edit on 27-4-2010 by RuneSpider]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I remember it being like B or E. I remember going to that thread and being like "what the hell..."

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
C for sure.

That's my answer. C

It's always looked that way too.

I've never seen it different.

But then again, I played a ton of WW2 Pacific war games, mostly strategy ones.

So I know the map really good vs people who don't actually pay much attention.

link   
Who manipulated that pictures? Since C comes close but this is how it looked when I had geography at school.

So please show me sources of your claim that maps are manipulated, and we'll see if this topic gets 98 flags.

[edit on 27-4-2010 by Grey Magic]

link   
reply to post by Snowi

Have you got any pictures from satellite photgraphy that might verify this?

Maps, Atlases etc will go through different editions and printing runs that may well account for Australia moving around.

Is this anything to do with Lost nearly finishing?

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Im from new zealand but live in perth, i cant say ive taken too much notice of australias position with indonesia or other countries but picture C looks where new zealand should be. mmm but it just doesnt look right.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
The north tip of Australia is very close to New Guinea.

This has always been the case. Research the battle of the Coral Sea.

www.delsjourney.com...

At least 1 American knows what Australia looks like on a map.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by RuneSpider
I all seriousness, how many of these people live in the United States or Britain, and actually really paid attention to maps and Geography over the past several years.

[edit on 27-4-2010 by RuneSpider]

I am betting NONE of them paid any attention to geography.

Because I have paid attention, and I promise you C is the answer, always has been always will be.

That is, until tectonic activity moves everything, but that will be in thousands of years before it's noticeable.

[edit on 27-4-2010 by muzzleflash]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

yea it looks like c if your looking at new zealand and australia, but then if you check out the top of australia there is no way that it was ever that close to indonesia or papua. totally got me thinking. off to google earth now.

link   
I know what part of the globe to look for Australia, but if it shifted slightly I would have no freaking clue.

If it moves closer to the US I might have a better chance of visiting there someday. Always wanted to go.

link   

98 ATS members and Counting...Australia "Out of Place"

Wow only 98 out of the 190,678 members we have here isn't very many at all is it.

JK but in all seriousness and this is isn't meant as a personal attack or anything but I only see this "timeline shift" as bad geography from the majority of believers as i for one can't see any real evidence to suggest otherwise I'm afraid.

And personally I'd lose no sleep if the thread "Shocking: New Zealand and Australia are out of their place on the map" you mentioned was finally closed as well.

Just my opinion.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I had seen the previous thread and did not have an account at the time. I have since created an account to reply to other threads but could not find the old timeline thread.

I too vividly remember Australia being further south. I cannot comment on New Zealand as I never studied it much but I did a research paper on Australia in high school. I looked at many maps and always, ALWAYS remember it being further south and nowhere near the islands of Indonesia. I also remember Indonesia being more North-South orientated as others have mentioned.

It is a theory in quantum mechanics that when a decision is presented that each outcome is automatically created. Is it possible that decisions from a very long time ago led to different layouts of geography and we have somehow merged?

I have also heard about how time is speeding up and technology is advancing exponentially faster and soon will basically loop over itself around 2012. Could it be that everything is universally merging and coming together as we reach this amazing point in "time?"

Anyway, keep coming with the ideas and speculation and ignore the trolls and people who would distract from the conversation. This is not something that can be proven so if it is impossible for you to conceive of such notions you may want to just move on now and explore more "worldly" topics.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by antinwochick
reply to post by muzzleflash

yea it looks like c if your looking at new zealand and australia, but then if you check out the top of australia there is no way that it was ever that close to indonesia or papua. totally got me thinking. off to google earth now.

No it is that close.

I would know I had to bring my fleets through that little area while evading Japanese air attacks from Rabaul and Wewak /Biak. (in the video games)

It's an EXTREMELY narrow passage.

Real maps prove this.
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snowi
Australia “used” to be located in the middle of nowhere with huge ocean on all sides and far far away from Papua new Guinea.

How can this be explained...???

1) You're making it all up.
2) You don't know anything about geography.
3) You remembered wrong.

Pick your poison.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
This hurt my brain to a strange degree trying to picture the map in my head.

I always had New Zealand in position C, but the main body of Australia was always way further away - it was a sizeable gap. I remember that as I was reading about Land Bridges and the possible routes for man to have arrived on the island.

I've been in and out of the timeline thread. I haven't posted about Australia, but I did give my own story somewhere in there. Weird, entertaining, and sometimes enlightening stuff in there.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Fig E is more like my memory but with New Zealand lying at a smilar angle to Papua New Guinea.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Puresilence
I have also heard about how time is speeding up and technology is advancing exponentially faster and soon will basically loop over itself around 2012.

Could you explain this a bit more please?

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
C is clearly the nearest representation to how it's always been shown on maps/ satellites etc.

New Zealand has never been represented anywhere near NE of Australia. You only have to look at New Zealand's historical climate to see this can not be the case.

Where abouts has the northern tip of Queensland ( the name escapes me ) that leads up to the Torres Strait islands disappeared to on your other representations ?

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Conspiracy Chicks fan !
C is clearly the nearest representation to how it's always been shown on maps/ satellites etc.

New Zealand has never been represented anywhere near NE of Australia. You only have to look at New Zealand's historical climate to see this can not be the case.

Where abouts has the northern tip of Queensland ( the name escapes me ) that leads up to the Torres Strait islands disappeared to on your other representations ?

I noticed the Tip was gone in all the other pics as well.

Strange isn't it?

They had to get C, the real pic, and butcher it 5 ways to make these other "examples".

It's very bizarre behavior IMO.

They didn't even butcher the maps correctly either...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join