It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

98 ATS members and Counting...Australia "Out of Place"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
High awl. Eye'm fromme a difurrant thymelyin dat zplellz thengs korekt. Y dew awl ewe poople zpellz effry wurd rong hear? Eye em rite, ewe awl mussed bee rong. ±▲▲╪,∞∞âà↕↕!! riτ╥e?

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
None of those maps are correct.

Australia is only two hours by fast military boat.. can't remember what they are called... to PNG, so we are very close.

UnZud, is only three hours flying time from Brisbane, so is also much closer than those maps show. You will find Auckland is roughly on the same horizontal line heading east from Sydney.

No timeline shift occured. Everything is still where it was since I was a kid.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tayesin

In fact Map C is the "real" deal.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
C is the only one thats even close to the correct position .I think the other maps are from the future after a lot more continental drift.Please no more Australia topics, we are trying to keep a low profile here!

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by invetro
reply to post by Tearman

True, but in my case it's a blatant lack of map knowledge. I'd be ashamed of myself right now if I had aced geography and still got this wrong.

NOTHING to be Ashamed of for being wrong!

I am wrong on ATS several times a day! I try my best to catch it and admit I am wrong and correct it.

I find that a very virtuous and admirable trait.

You sir have my deepest respect for your honesty. Star for you and two thumbs up!

BTW : Is your Avatar of the Geth from MassEffect? Looks like it, great game!

[edit on 27-4-2010 by muzzleflash]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

More along the lines of being ashamed if I knew what went where in the first place, although I feel more daft than anything else because I do have friends down that end of the world.

I'm never afraid to admit I'm wrong. It's healthy, because the only thing I really know is that I don't know it all. I think a lot of people would benefit from bringing down their defences now and again, like in this thread where it's pretty obvious the mind doesn't have photographic abilities, just vague recollections of locations. The idea of a merging timeline is fascinating, but complicated and unprovable, so I'll leave it at that.

And less of the sir! I'm a lady, haha.

My avatar is a Combine Elite soldier from Half Life 2, one of my favourite games ever.

[edit on 27/4/2010 by invetro]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Snowi

Dear Snowi

This is noting to do with Time lines or any of that all it shows is how bad people are at geography. Even map C is not so accurate.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by invetro

My avatar is a Combine Elite soldier from Half Life 2, one of my favourite games ever.

[edit on 27/4/2010 by invetro]

Ohhh yeah; I shot those guys up too.

Great game HL2 was! Can't wait for the Black Mesa Project!

And I apologize for guessing wrong and calling your 'sir', ma'am!

See I was wrong twice there! Haha

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Threads like these make me ashamed of being such an avid ATS'er.

How is this site ever going to be taken seriously if one of the more popular themes has to do with member's who are bad at geography......

... and make it worse by blaming it on Time shifts, dimensional shifts, ..or god knows what.

How can you get through to people who are like " NO NO !! i remember Africa being over there !! there cannot be any fault in my memory or logic, therefore I have jumped through a wormhole"

COME ON !!! get a grip. The simplest answer is usually the correct one, is it that far out to think you may have remembered it wrong ??? What is really more probable here ??? a lapse in memory or a timeshift ??

Do you know any idea of how much would of had to changed for an entire continent to be out of place ?? they were formed millions if not billions of years ago.

So please, spare yourself the embarrasment and give ATS a little dignity.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Seriously, Ive said this before and I am saying it again, this time a little harsher so maybe you pay attention.

Australia has always been where it is. You guys are just idiots. Seriously. How would a change in time change a body of land anyway? Land would be the same in all time lines because human impact and choice does not effect where land is.

Its not like you could ever go back in time and do something to move a continent and cause a different timeline.

You all just didnt pay attention in class. Face it.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I always thought that Australia was in no man's land; totally away from any other land mass other than New Zealand, which btw I always thought was NW.

And I did well in geography btw in school

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Personally, I remember C, but just a bit closer to Australia than pictured. But, then again, My most distinct memories of seeing it on a map might have been from a different projection, so C.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I was born in australia and am currently residing in New Zealand,. and to the best of my knowledge from my earlier schooling days in australia the current position is not as i remember it, the closest picture u have is D to what i remember.

Hope it helps out a bit
and i will be watching this thread.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I remember it looking like "C"

hope this helps!

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
So its nothing to do with maps being scaled incorrectly? or you guys having a bad memory? or just being plain # at geography?

nope... its a time shift

I once went to a club, I left severely drunk to go home at around 3am. I stopped for a rest at a bus stop. I closed my eyes for a bit and when I opened them I carried on walking home.

I got home around 7.30, it usually only takes 45 minutes to walk home. 4 and a half hours from leaving the club to getting home.

I think it must be one of those time shift things

[edit on 27-4-2010 by Horus12]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
i dont think anyone has mentioned, mapmakers also suck..

when you take a sphere and try to map it out on a square page, it distorts images.

case in point, america (continental USA) is not as big as it appears on maps. it is actually narrower. however all maps from the cold war stretched it onto a large square page by itself. leaving no way of being sure about its real dimensions.

kind of a cold war map attack!!

im not sure if it has been redressed in modern times, but essentially i believe all these issues to be mapmakers not ours or timeline/quantum shifts...

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snowi

Originally posted by Tayesin

In fact Map C is the "real" deal.

Well, it's close but still not perfectly accurate.

Australia is still a little too far north on that map and UnZud is a little too low... but I suppose it's close enough for most people.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Horus12

Well, I must have experienced a whole load of them time shift thing's as well.

And there was me thinking I'd been abducted by aliens and my memory wiped.

Sure 'er indoors will buy that when I get in about 6am Friday morning.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Hey guys just new to ATS, im from Australia and we have always been in the same location.. I remember being taught at school that Australia is actually moving at about the rate your finger nails grow, either north or south.. Cant remember exactly but it was to do with the tectonic plates etc.. my teacher could have just been stupid tho..

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Ok... Lets say for arguments sake that the timeline has changed? If it did change or something went wrong, maybe perhaps we switched timelines with the versions of ourselves in the other timeline. Now if this is so, naturally all people in this current timeline will not remember any change. because they have always been in this timeline, whereas the ones who have "jumped" will remember there own timeline. The question is though WHY or HOW this "jump" happened. Was there a momentary burp in time? A fracture in the fabric of reality? Or something entirely different.

I am perfectly willing to entertain the theory of reality messing up. IT would explain alot of thing. Out of place animals or unknown animals, strange weather, and missing persons for another. But i propose a solution to this problem. History is history. If you came from another timeline your life would have differences from the life the others around you remember you having. Ask your family about your past. See if it matches up. If it doesn't then maybe there is something to what people are saying. Reality could be stuttering.

An even more telling piece of evidence is if you recieved a scar from a major accident or injury. Do your family members remember it happening? or are they wondering how the hell it happened to you and when? Take the plunge someone. Have the bravery to ask those you know about your past.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join