It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

98 ATS members and Counting...Australia "Out of Place"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

From what I understand it is based on people's memories of Australia being in a different spot, geographically. They are theorizing that their personal experiences relate to a world where the maps were different. If they did indeed somehow merge into this world or their essence decided to shift to this reality and retain some deep-seated memories of things being different. This world has always been this world so the maps will surely reflect that. Their "world" being a different timeline had different maps but are not the same maps as "here".

In the other thread a lot of people had other differing memories such as about Nelson Mandela and some other famous people having different circumstances.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Puresilence
From what I understand it is based on people's memories of Australia being in a different spot, geographically. They are theorizing that their personal experiences relate to a world where the maps were different. If they did indeed somehow merge into this world or their essence decided to shift to this reality and retain some deep-seated memories of things being different. This world has always been this world so the maps will surely reflect that. Their "world" being a different timeline had different maps but are not the same maps as "here".

In the other thread a lot of people had other differing memories such as about Nelson Mandela and some other famous people having different circumstances.

Well, that makes a little more sense.
But why do all these people that have switched timelines come from this exact one ? Surely, if there are infinite timelines, then some of these people would come from one where Australia was in the middle of the Indian Ocean, for example ?

To put it bluntly, if I'd realised I'd switched between timelines, then I'd be rather disappointed to find that the new one was ostensibly the same, except that the location of Australia and New Zealand was slightly different.

[edit on 27-4-2010 by Conspiracy Chicks fan !]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I have a THEORY (I'm not australian) :

You have the feeling it was farther because you watched too much weather forecasting on tv, where only australia is represented.

[edit on 27-4-2010 by ickylevel]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
Great find. Starred.

I think this has been proven beyond any reasonable doubt now.

This is certainly a case of people not being educated about geography and or mis-remembering things inaccurately.

I will say, I do Not feel anyone is purposely hoaxing; it seems more like an honest mistake to me...

[edit on 27-4-2010 by muzzleflash]

Well, the problem is that we are in this timeline. If a person timeshifts from timeline A to timeline B(where we are currently), people will call that person "crazy" for saying "inaccurate" geography when the geography was "correct" in his/her timeline.

Ironic paradox.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Conspiracy Chicks fan !

This is true but what if time line merging is rare or has just begun? Perhaps the two timelines are the first to merge.

Like in the other forum people were talking about remembering different circumstances around Nelson Mandela and a couple of other people. People they had thought for sure had died but are in fact alive. Again, they all remembered the exact same details around the deaths, etc, but simply did not happen in this timeline.

It could be bad memories that just happen to be exactly the same to a number of people but there could be something more to this...

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   

The maps in this "timewave" will always be the same as THIS "timewave" hasn't CHANGED. Showing old maps does not prove or disprove ANYTHING.
If people can remember the old "timewave", then how come maps can't?

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I couldn't bring myself to read any of the original thread other than the OP, it was far too long by the time I'd got round to viewing it.

So through curiosity, or simply because I've got nothing else to do, I thought I'd read this thread.

Amazing.

How anyone could think anything other than C is beyond me.

Australia and New Zealand are where they've always been in our time.

Fair enough they maybe in different places in a few million years time, but please.

I know there has always been some nonsense on ATS but this is becoming far too common an occurrence.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
These posts are abosolutley ridiculous!
Having lived in Australia my whole life i have heard nothing of us moving!
How on earth could something like this take place without a hefty load of news and media hype? alot more people would be aware and supportive of your claims if this was the case...

stop posting this stuff, its a hoax

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Jumping in late here, but I honestly thought it was A and felt a little daft when I fired up Google Earth to see if I was right and it ended up being C. I don't know what to make of this whole timeline shift, but I did previously post in the celebrities that you thought were dead thread, so going by that (please note, purely hypothetically, because my rational side is shaking it's head somewhat) I would have "time jumped" around 2006/7.

Who knows? I mean, if it did happen, a big if, then it would have had to have been a nearly identical timeline, because my memories in almost everything else correlate perfectly with photographs and such.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I've just come from an alternate reality where people didn't attribute their bad memory retention to pathetic hollywood science theory.

I want to go back there now, but doc brown said we don't have enough plutonium.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by sphinx551

Well, the problem is that we are in this timeline. If a person timeshifts from timeline A to timeline B(where we are currently), people will call that person "crazy" for saying "inaccurate" geography when the geography was "correct" in his/her timeline.

Ironic paradox.

I disagree.

I think it boils down to people refusing to admit they were wrong.

It is all about ego, and trying to protect their "I am always right status" that they believe in their heads.

Trying to say it is a time shift paradox is the most ludicrous and obscene elongated BS routine to pull over something as simple as being wrong over the location of a place on a map.

The fact they cannot admit they are wrong, and go to these insane lengths to devise ridiculous theories to explain this is incredibly arrogant and sad.

I am usually a very open minded person, but I can recognize denial and ego stoking when I see it.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I will say one thing about my geographic memory, I've just found an old school report card, and I can safely say that I failed geography miserably.
That's my personal mystery solved then.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by invetro
I will say one thing about my geographic memory, I've just found an old school report card, and I can safely say that I failed geography miserably.
That's my personal mystery solved then.
If you had aced all of your geography tests you could still have been mistaken about the positions of AZ and NZ.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Tearman

True, but in my case it's a blatant lack of map knowledge. I'd be ashamed of myself right now if I had aced geography and still got this wrong.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   

This is true but what if time line merging is rare or has just begun? Perhaps the two timelines are the first to merge.

Like in the other forum people were talking about remembering different circumstances around Nelson Mandela and a couple of other people. People they had thought for sure had died but are in fact alive. Again, they all remembered the exact same details around the deaths, etc, but simply did not happen in this timeline.

It could be bad memories that just happen to be exactly the same to a number of people but there could be something more to this...

It doesn't make sense, though.
Any alternative timeline would have the results of the butterfly effect multiplied infinitesimally, it's impossible for someone to have a certain set of circumstances in their life and then change to an alternative timeline with near identical circumstances.

If New Zealand was NE of Australia, then their temperature would have to be about 10c warmer than it is now, and therefore the current crop of New Zealanders would be completely different to the ones in the previous timeline due to having a different lifestyle in a hotter country and then there'd be different interactions between people which would lead to different people being born.

[edit on 27-4-2010 by Conspiracy Chicks fan !]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Conspiracy Chicks fan !

It doesn't make sense, though.
Any alternative timeline would have the results of the butterfly effect multiplied infinitesimally.
It's impossible for someone to have a certain set of circumstances in their life and then change to an alternative timeline with near identical circumstances.

If New Zealand was NE of Australia, then their temperature would have to be about 10c warmer than it is now, and therefore the current crop of New Zealanders would be completely different to the ones in the previous timeline due to having a different lifestyle in a hotter country and then there'd be different interactions between people which would lead to different people being born.
That was a great observation. Changing positions of these large landmasses would trigger an avalanche of other changes that surely wouldn't go unnoticed.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Cool!!

I have a new excuse for EVERYTHING now!

Boss: Where's that report I asked you for yesterday?

Me: I don't remember you asking me that, there must have been a timeline shift!!!

Wife: You forgot to pick up the kids at Judo like I asked you to!

Me: TIMELINE SHIFT!! OMGZ!!!

Me: Oh no, I'm out of gas! TIMELINE SHIFT!!! NOT AGAIN!!?!!

And so on...

(Seriously, guys. It's "Deny Ignorance", not "Live in denial to cover your Ignorance")

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I'm not impressed with this topic. although we may have been a time shift, I just don't think timeshifts are memorized.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I'm gonna hafta say A first choice the B or E. So mark me down and what is it.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ickylevel
I have a THEORY (I'm not australian) :

You have the feeling it was farther because you watched too much weather forecasting on tv, where only australia is represented.
[edit on 27-4-2010 by ickylevel]

I don't think i have seen a weather forecast where Australia where included in the picture. I have only seen weather forecast over Norway, scandinavia and Europe.

This is NOT just a map "thing"...Something's different...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join