It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

98 ATS members and Counting...Australia "Out of Place"

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
lol this is just crazy! I'm from Australia and New Zealand has ALWAYS been to the south east of Australia and papua new guinea has always been pretty close to the northern tip.

I'm sorry but you guys are just bad at Geography because neither Australia or New Zealand have moved....if NZ was to the north of Aus than it would be tropical and it wouldn't snow there like it does.

And Papua new guinea is the only other country besides Aus to have Kangaroo's...so that should make it obvious how close it is.

[edit on 10-5-2010 by iluka]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 05:49 AM
link   
I really wasn't sure about this when I read it first. I could not be sure either way. Being honest I thought it may did not look right but I just blamed my own ignorance and thought my geography knowledge was poor.

This is now happening with other things on a daily basis. People, places , even music. This is really melting my head because so many people don't seem to realise everything is starting to change. I have to keep this to myself for the moment becuase if I tried to explain this to anyone they will just think I am crazy.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 05:54 AM
link   
C is my choice. its the closest but not entirely accurate.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 06:01 AM
link   
In my opinion.. Australia is like the island on 'Lost'
Oh you think it's there..
no wait..
maybe it's here..
uh oh bzzap!~
now it's 1974..
bugga
Oh well.. at least we have some decent musclecars to look forward to.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Isnt australia near brazil??? east of brazil that is, about two fingers width away on your standard a4 world map....

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by rajaten

yup that's us.

we're like Bahamas without the oil.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   
oh yeah , I definitely remeber it as D or E.

I just put this down to seeing inaccurate maps in the past. It can't really have moved , can it?

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Australia, New Zealand and Cleveland have all definitely moved.

And some of us remember that Joan Rivers has died three times since 1989.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Well there you have it...
At least 98 people here on ATS are stupid.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnySeagull

I really wasn't sure about this when I read it first. I could not be sure either way. Being honest I thought it may did not look right but I just blamed my own ignorance and thought my geography knowledge was poor.

This is now happening with other things on a daily basis. People, places , even music. This is really melting my head because so many people don't seem to realise everything is starting to change. I have to keep this to myself for the moment becuase if I tried to explain this to anyone they will just think I am crazy.

If you wanna feel SUPER crazy go look through all of the 80's music and see which music is new and which is missing..... the stuff you have never heard of on your favorite albums the young people who grew up in this timeline know better than me....

It was MUSIC that first made me take notice...

I go to karaoke 2 nights a week and am a major music junkie, especially 80's rock.....

The "jump" before this there was no "hot for teacher", or "hot summer nights' by Van Halen, and the Queen Albums were beyond mesed up etc....

I almost felt like publishing the songs myself and collecting the royalties, but then, I thought what if they WROTE the songs but just didn't RECORD them.... I would be a bit of a red flag if that were the case...

I have since jumped back into hot for teacher land though thank GOD, that last timeline was BEYOND judgemental and snoringly boring.....just full of bitterness and negativity.... at least here inspite of the chaos in the world, there is a genuine innocence that wasn't felt in the religiulous yucky timeline I was in last.... this one has much better people and attitudes/vibes, then the last place...

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
We should be talking about globes as they're the most accurate representation of the landmasses - all this talk of changing shape has got to be based on looking at different map projections. Show me a globe with Australia to the south west of NZ.

Australia needs to be exactly where it is in order to have a sandy desert. Lets talk about facts here like ecological and geographical characteristics.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by insiteFI

I know what your sayimg there, but a lot of that is also about alttitude....

Starting about 4:22

sTARTING ABOUT 4:22

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   
I don't think any of the five pictures are right. New Zealand is not placed right in any of them it is on the south east corner of Aus.

But yes I also think Aus. needs to be a bit more south in all the pictures as well.

[edit on 6-6-2010 by PLUMBER1]

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   
While I'm not one to put down the dimensional shift theory, I actually have a thread about them.

This NZ stuff is pure nonsense, and if you think it's because your geography is bad, ... you are right.

Why would just NZ change on a map ?? If that changed, alot of other stuff would be out of place, as everything was once connected.

To argue for this theory is to argue against your own intelligence.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by IntastellaBurst

ok, we have ALL been studying austrailia and new zealand more than ever lately, and OMG
It has totaly changed again!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Like in the last few weeks........ now New Zealand is WAYYYYY too far away, a completeley different shape....... a mere sliver compared to what it was...

Some of you must rember from a few weeks ago, New zealand was way up close to Austrailia, and WAY bigger.... not some little sliver down at the bottom, and even THAT last way was wrong as the jump before that with the somoa quake, New Zeland was on the completely other side!!!!

I am beyond baffled.....

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
because 2 countries share the same annoying accent...we think they are 10 miles apart.

gotta go...my shrimps are gonna burn on the Barby.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by mellisamouse
reply to post by IntastellaBurst

ok, we have ALL been studying austrailia and new zealand more than ever lately, and OMG
It has totaly changed again!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Like in the last few weeks........ now New Zealand is WAYYYYY too far away, a completeley different shape....... a mere sliver compared to what it was...

Some of you must rember from a few weeks ago, New zealand was way up close to Austrailia, and WAY bigger.... not some little sliver down at the bottom, and even THAT last way was wrong as the jump before that with the somoa quake, New Zeland was on the completely other side!!!!

I am beyond baffled.....

omg your right....

wasnt papa new guinea to the northwest of australia? now its slightly Northeast... it also looks completely different.

Indonesia looks like it got sliced in half.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by wrathchild
because 2 countries share the same annoying accent...we think they are 10 miles apart.

Do you mean like Americans and Canadians..?

[edit on 13-6-2010 by riley]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I live in Australia, was born here 20 years ago. I'm pretty sure that the picture marked "A" is what it should look like.
Australia has always been close to Indonesia and in the pic marked "A" NZ looks to be in the right place.

I didn't really pay that much attention in georgaphy during high school, but we always had maps of the world about our classrooms so I'm pretty sure, no very sure, that that is what it looks like.

Hm. Now you've got me thinking!

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
OMG Wow! Like I like never saw it before but it's like changed shape and all and there is a lot of like wow water around it
like thereis something like geographically wrong with OMG Australia !!!???

It's above sea level

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join