Originally posted by Conspiracy Chicks fan !
reply to post by WickettheRabbit
I originally misunderstood what they were saying until it was clarified to me by someone early on in this thread.
I don't have any intention of being rude, nor do I think the people saying this are ''stupid''.
I'm trying to point out that if Australia and New Zealand were at different locations in their old timeline, then the whole world in the new timeline
would be far more noticeably different than just the different location of the land.
The butterfly effect would have come into play millions of years ago from the split up of pangaea, and the slight variations in the causal chain of
events would have produced a completely different series of events, which would make their old timeline practically unrecognisable from the new one.
Australia is quite famous for its deserts. Did people who remember it being drastically further south also remember it as being hot and arid ?
Did all the famous animals of Australia exist in the old time-line ?
Did they remember New Zealand as having a tropical climate ? Were there any different animals they remember in New Zealand that must've evolved
differently owing to the tropical climate ?
[edit on 28-4-2010 by Conspiracy Chicks fan !]
I clearly remember a different map and i have posted my view of the "old" world layout in the other thread, but here it is again.
In my view the world map has changed a lot.
1. South America has moved east and are now closer to Africa
2. Cuba, Bahamas.. has moved North West
3. Hudson Bay has grown in size and is now a huge ocean
4. Greenland is closer to Canada
5. Iceland is bigger
6. Denmark moved East and is now closer to sweden
7. England has moved south and is now very close to France
8. Sicilia has grown in size and has moved east and is now only
3 kilometer from the mainland Italy (fascinating)
9. Africa has grown and moved North(Look at the "Strait of Gibraltar"
how narrow it is now)
10. Madagascar has move North
11. Japan has moved North
12. The whole South East Asia has changed in size. It all seems bigger
and all the islands has moved South East
13. Australia has moved a lot North West. Australian had much more vegetation, the desert where much smaller and concentrated in the middle of the
country. Australian where also surrounded by a huge ocean on all sides and was not even close to Papua New Guinea.
14. New Zealand has moved South(used to be just North East of
Australia and much closer than now)
15. Tasmania has grown in size(i think, can't ever remember seeing it
16. The Antartica has grown and seems to be closer to South America.