It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

98 ATS members and Counting...Australia "Out of Place"

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by WickettheRabbit

I originally misunderstood what they were saying until it was clarified to me by someone early on in this thread.
I don't have any intention of being rude, nor do I think the people saying this are ''stupid''.

I'm trying to point out that if Australia and New Zealand were at different locations in their old timeline, then the whole world in the new timeline would be far more noticeably different than just the different location of the land.

The butterfly effect would have come into play millions of years ago from the split up of pangaea, and the slight variations in the causal chain of events would have produced a completely different series of events, which would make their old timeline practically unrecognisable from the new one.

Australia is quite famous for its deserts. Did people who remember it being drastically further south also remember it as being hot and arid ?
Did all the famous animals of Australia exist in the old time-line ?

Did they remember New Zealand as having a tropical climate ? Were there any different animals they remember in New Zealand that must've evolved differently owing to the tropical climate ?

[edit on 28-4-2010 by Conspiracy Chicks fan !]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Rollo

Ok you disagree and think these people are acting dumb.

So here's an idea. Move on to another thread.

Just sayen!

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Conspiracy Chicks fan !

Let's step away from this timewave/timeline theory, because I agree with you. You would think that the world would be radically different.

So I don't know what it is, but I would still like to see a flawed map that these people apparently learned on.

And for full disclosure, when I say "these people", I'm included.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by joechip
i don't know why everyone is so upset that some people remember a different placement for Australia (or anywhere else)...clearly if you remember it as it is represented (or had first hand experience with its current placement) that doesn't prove that people's memories are wrong and they haven't experienced the change they say they have. I remember the same large expanse of ocean surrounding Australia depicted in E. and the "correct" picture, C. looked not just wrong, but wildly wrong. Who cares though, right? Why insist that you are the arbiters of reality? There may be "realities" and they may intersect and combine and who really knows, right?

1 + 1= 5

I remember it, must be a timeline shift, because no way I am wrong !!

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
for the same reason we go to the zoo and watch the chimps...or the reason watching a train wreck is awful but you just cant look a way....

To be brutally honest though I have seen smart 5 year old kids and that's when they are having a tantrum...
You all are talking utter BS....I can google a few historic maps that Cpt Cook drew on his exploration of the pacific or the ones the Dutch made....

Maybe this TS stuff is really datura trip, because unless you can show me one map where NZ has zapped from one Ocean to the other or floated thousands of KM's towards the south pole then you all need to cease and desist in you naivety and stop even believing you 'think' you might be right.

The SIMPLE facts is the only bases of this conspiracy is a few that claim that they might have remembered differently...thats IT nothing more!!!!

I kinda remember that my car was dark green but last night when I went out the car it looked black.....truthfully but I was bowled over and the hairs sat up on the back of my neck when in the morning I realized it was dark green again....!!!!

Honestly...
For goodness sake

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
and finally...a time shift doesn't alter prior actual factual knowledge!!!!

To even believe this crap you would have just come into this time and never before been in this time or the fact that continent hasn't moved!!!!

So if you were in this time prior to your time shift then you need to re visit school because you didn't do a good job the 1st time round ....prior to your ..'time shift'

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Conspiracy Chicks fan !

I originally misunderstood what they were saying until it was clarified to me by someone early on in this thread.
I don't have any intention of being rude, nor do I think the people saying this are ''stupid''.

I'm trying to point out that if Australia and New Zealand were at different locations in their old timeline, then the whole world in the new timeline would be far more noticeably different than just the different location of the land.

The butterfly effect would have come into play millions of years ago from the split up of pangaea, and the slight variations in the causal chain of events would have produced a completely different series of events, which would make their old timeline practically unrecognisable from the new one.

Australia is quite famous for its deserts. Did people who remember it being drastically further south also remember it as being hot and arid ?
Did all the famous animals of Australia exist in the old time-line ?

Did they remember New Zealand as having a tropical climate ? Were there any different animals they remember in New Zealand that must've evolved differently owing to the tropical climate ?
[edit on 28-4-2010 by Conspiracy Chicks fan !]

I clearly remember a different map and i have posted my view of the "old" world layout in the other thread, but here it is again.

In my view the world map has changed a lot.

1. South America has moved east and are now closer to Africa

2. Cuba, Bahamas.. has moved North West

3. Hudson Bay has grown in size and is now a huge ocean

4. Greenland is closer to Canada

5. Iceland is bigger

6. Denmark moved East and is now closer to sweden

7. England has moved south and is now very close to France

8. Sicilia has grown in size and has moved east and is now only
3 kilometer from the mainland Italy (fascinating)

9. Africa has grown and moved North(Look at the "Strait of Gibraltar"
how narrow it is now)

10. Madagascar has move North

11. Japan has moved North

12. The whole South East Asia has changed in size. It all seems bigger
and all the islands has moved South East

13. Australia has moved a lot North West. Australian had much more vegetation, the desert where much smaller and concentrated in the middle of the country. Australian where also surrounded by a huge ocean on all sides and was not even close to Papua New Guinea.

14. New Zealand has moved South(used to be just North East of
Australia and much closer than now)

15. Tasmania has grown in size(i think, can't ever remember seeing it
there before)

16. The Antartica has grown and seems to be closer to South America.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Snowi

THIS IS MERELY A MISTAKE...!!!

I have NOT doctored Map C...it's the original and i found it here www.abovetopsecret.com...

I used that map because of the water background was easy to work with.

We are not stupid...we have just bad memories of Australia being in a different place...Now there are 5 Australians on the list, who are either playing a joke or just plain ignorant of their own country.

I removed the North East tip of Australia because i never really knew how to draw Australia myself, and it makes for a good story- Oh and others just don't know either. Despite it having ALWAYS been there, we just didn't know for sure, so I chopped it off.

Removing the tip without telling you that in the first post where because i wanted to see how many people I could get to agree with me. I could have removed Tasmania and had just as many people agree, because they just never bothered about it, and I know this.

Very few people makes the mistake that it's not noticeable so it seems WE have the same bad memories or just plain ignorance about Australia, much as most know it to be.

Fixed your post for you..

No, no no don't thank me. I'm here to help.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Puresilence
reply to post by Snowi

As others have said Snowi, just ignore the childish posters.

Christ almighty....

The world, beyond understanding, has shifted and you claim it's a timeshift... Others have proven that no- the world has NOT changed, and for that they are called childish.

A little kid saying he counts to the letter M and refuses to say 10, is childish.

This is childish. Man, bring back the norway spiral, at least that had some merit...

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
WTF...WHY ARE YOU SPINNING MY WORDS AROUND....

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by WickettheRabbit
I'll give it a go at trying to explain what Snowi is trying to explain.

1. No one is saying that since time X, Australia has moved north. There is no need to pull out old maps showing its present location or to explain tectonics.

So EFFECTIVELY, Australia and NZ have NOT moved, but Snowi has.

Lets focus on that.

All the people who think Australia and NZ are in the wrong spots ARE wrong - YOU are the ones who've moved.

So, maps and facts dont matter, as long as you timeshifters are here.

GO BACK HOME.

(typo)

[edit on 28/4/2010 by badw0lf]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

That's really poor taste man. Don't misquote.

Again, disagree or not, don't do that.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Snowi

Don't take this the wrong way, but are you absolutely sure that you're not just looking at different projections of world maps ?
I say that, because some of the things you mention such as Greenland and Iceland looking much bigger are common in variations in projections.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Who misquoted, I said I fixed his post - EVERYONE here knows what he said.

Oh and so far disagreeing with the premise has been ignored.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

You misquoted. You know what you did. You are not clever.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   

WTF...WHY ARE YOU SPINNING MY WORDS AROUND....

WTF...ARE YOU SPINNING MY WORLD AROUND....

this unprovable timeshift... this "I know I remember" evidence.

I just really wish this sort of stuff was kept to the proper forums, you know godlike productions and so on... bringing ATS down to the "Maybe it is because I have a terrible memory" state, really irks me...

Geeze... if it were anywhere but Australia, I'd move on... this is stupid.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Conspiracy Chicks fan !
reply to post by Snowi

Don't take this the wrong way, but are you absolutely sure that you're not just looking at different projections of world maps ?
I say that, because some of the things you mention such as Greenland and Iceland looking much bigger are common in variations in projections.

of course it can...some of my view's are probably different projections of world maps, but i know for a FACT that Australia are NOT a projection fault.

The same goes for Sicilia, North Africa and South America.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by WickettheRabbit
reply to post by badw0lf

You misquoted. You know what you did. You are not clever.

Can't read eh. Ok, I'm not clever because you cannot read. Good for you. Take it, run with it. Turn it into a frisbee and fling it over your head. Nice.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   

of course it can...some of my view's are probably different projections of world maps, but i know for a FACT that Australia are NOT a projection fault.

If it is a FACT then you have factual evidence to prove it.

Supply?

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by badw0lf

If it is a FACT then you have factual evidence to prove it.

Supply?

I is sad that you and others...."just don't get it"

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join