It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer for President 2012!!!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

Read again. It has happened to me. I have been asked for my BC, because my logbooks were screwed up.

REALLY??? Why would they ask for your BC because your log books are wrong? That is plain stupid my dad was a truck driver for 30+ years...never had to carry his BC. There were two truckers in the other thread...both said you don't have to legally carry your BC. So I'm calling BS on your story.

And you know what...I'll play the same card you are playing...I don't believe you because it is only your side of the story. It is only your word...so just like the guy in the article (as you say)...you could be lying.

See how easy that is...now no one has to believe anyone...because we can just say everyone is lying and ignore facts that may be damaging to our arguments.....easy....huh?

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Show me the proof that this persons right were being trampled on? Your just spewing non-sense at this point. You are taking this truck driver and this article for his word with no other information of the situation.

Where is the lawsuit if his right were trampled? There should be 20 million ambulance chasers lined up ready to take this case if his right were really trampled upon.

Until the proof is presented that he didn't cause his situation to transpire like it did, you are not presenting any evidence. If his right were trampled I hope he gets a lawyer and gets his just due.

It's that simple.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Yeah? Well we'll just see about that. What are the feds going to do? Send 10,000 DHS agents down to Arizona to arrest all the police and sheriffs?

:shk:

Ain't going to happen. The feds are WAY too late on this. Arizonans are the ones suffering, not the feds. And as Brewer has stated profusely, "we have waited 30 years for the feds to do something...."

And if it comes right down to it, Arizona can always just secede from the union. It may come to that. But if that's what it takes to protect their citizens from this illegal invasion, then so be it.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
reply to post by TrueAmerican

So we turned to Karl Manheim of Loyola Law School in Los Angeles and Erwin Chemerinsky of UC Irvine Law to pregame it for us. Their response: the law is DOA.

The Arizona law appears to be “facially unconstitutional,” Manheim said. “States have no power to pass immigration laws because it’s an attribute of foreign affairs. Just as states can’t have their own foreign policies or enter into treaties, they can’t have their own immigration laws either.”

blogs.wsj.com...

Political brownie points IMO. Of course, brown is the color of the day.

JAM

4th
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

I think the challenge can also be derived here

There are several clauses

I CANNOT JUSTIFY 1

let alone all

BTW I agree on the Brownie points,

All

[edit on 24-4-2010 by Janky Red]

[edit on 24-4-2010 by Janky Red]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Never carry mine either.

My job entailed crossing the Mexican border several times a day.

Do not believe if you like. I could care less.

And once again you twist meanings. I am in no way saying he was not detained. I am saying that you do not know the full reason why he was detained.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Reply to post by jam321

The problem with that quote is that it is no longer a foreign affairs issue. It is happening on the soil of AZ.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Light of Night

There has always been and always will be TWO very simple solutions to the illegal immigration issue.

1) Make it a lot easier for people to become American citizens. If you want to come here and work...done. No limits, no waiting list.

2) Crack down on the EMPLOYERS that are hiring illegals and paying them next to nothing...not the illegals trying to feed their families. Make the fine so big that getting caught would cost you way more than paying minimum wage.

These two things together solve the issue. No one is going to hire illegals if they penalty is large enough. No one is going to want to come here illegally if they can't get a job...the will come here legally instead. AND THEN patroling the border becomes a lot easier because you don't have families, women and children coming across...ONLY the drug cartels.

Simple solutions for a complex problem...and not stomping on anyones rights.

What will this law accomplish??? They can deport every person in Arizona...but that is all they can do...and they will be right back the next week. THIS is a MORONIC policy. It is solving nothing...and it WILL infringe on American Citizens RIGHTS.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Yeah? Well we'll just see about that.

Reckon we will.

Can't wait for the day Hispanics take over to give you white guys a taste of what racial profiling is all about.

I can understand trying to solve the problems of illegals, but to sacrifice the average American who is Hispanic is beyond me.

This is racial profiling, many brown Americans will be targeted. But you guys don't care.

Enjoy your witch hunt. In the end what goes around comes around.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Oh, please! PROFILING? Is it profiling if the person is a criminal? Are you white? Drive through Harlem in NYC and see if you don't get "profiled." I have brown skin too, and I don't get profiled here in Ohio, but I have been in NM. So stop crying about racial profiling for christ's sake. It's the LAW.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Light of Night

Where is the lawsuit if his right were trampled? There should be 20 million ambulance chasers lined up ready to take this case if his right were really trampled upon.

This just happened a few days ago...believe me...there will be a lawsuit.

And get this...I'm not the only one saying Arizona will be drowning in lawsuits...you know who else is...you ready for this....FOX NEWS. Now you know it is bad when Fox News is speaking against an immigration bill.

Keep being willfully ignorant...it seems to be working for you.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   

One has to wonder if this is about illegals or the fact that whites will soon be in the minority.

When one is willing to sacrifice fellow Americans in an effort to solve the illegal immigrant issue, I can't help but wonder if the latter isn't the real driving force.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   

And if it comes right down to it, Arizona can always just secede from the union. It may come to that. But if that's what it takes to protect their citizens from this illegal invasion, then so be it.

Yes...please secede...you will be part of Mexico within a week.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Yes...please secede...you will be part of Mexico within a week.

No

they will Nuke the Earth within a day...

But there won't be an illegal to be found

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Reply to post by jam321

Once again, there ways to do it where it is not profiling.

Jesus you are thick headed.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   

I'll agree with the crack down on employers. I do not agree with the immigration reform that you propose.

I agree with reform as in making it cheaper. But making it easier is just stupid. We need to know who we are letting into the country. Criminal checks all that, we also need to make sure they will actually be a contributing member to society. No freeloaders. If people immigrating to the country can't bring something of value to the country then we don't need you.

This bill is not trampling on anybodies rights. No matter what kind of spin you want to put on it.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321

The Arizona law appears to be “facially unconstitutional,” Manheim said. “States have no power to pass immigration laws because it’s an attribute of foreign affairs. Just as states can’t have their own foreign policies or enter into treaties, they can’t have their own immigration laws either.”

If you will look at the very bottom of that last link that TA
posted. It says something about DONE in Pheonix ... blah
blah blah ...... Independence of the United States.

Is this also a secessionist document ????
and if so, it does make this law
constitutional in AZ.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

I agree with #2.

#1? No. We can't have a free for all. It will turn the economy to . . . well, like it is now.

That is why most first world countries have a limit on how mnay immigrants can come over their borders.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

I believe you are right Jam.

People need to really embrace the idea of America as a place where everyone and anyone can live together as equals...not keep thinking that America is a place where whites are the majority and if that changes that they are somehow "losing their country".

Maybe someday.

link   
Okay I'm done with this thread. The race card just got thrown out.

Y'all have a good day tomorrow. It was fun debating with you guys though hope to do it again on other threads.

link   
Reply to post by boondock-saint

On the issue of foreign affairs, it is already constitutional. It is no longer a foreign affair, since it is happening on AZ territory.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join