It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer for President 2012!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Yes Yes Yes, please run Jan, we need you.

Because if you have the backbone to stand up to the fed in your own state the way you have by signing Bill 1070, as President I am sure you will sign any similar, tougher legislation applying nationwide!!!

And with the GOP gaining ground for the mid term elections coming up, you just might have the house with enough of a majority to make a major impact on this terrible problem that the rest of government has been too cowardly to tackle.

Governor Jan Brewer is a real American heroine. Finally someone has had the nerve to tell illegals no, not any more.

JAN BREWER FOR PRESIDENT 2012!!!!

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
i dk about president but good for her, good for legal arizonians, good for arizona.. enforce it. to a T.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Well said T.A., well said.

She has my vote, that's for DAMN sure.

Peace

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I do not agree.

This is an infringement on the rights of people of all colors, including all Americans. This is now a real Police State.
Welcome to the New World Order- always said to start in Phoenix.

Bush didnt do crap, and although Obama says he "dissaproves", i beg to differ. Its all staged and planned to be implimented this way.

More of our liberties are gone.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I don't know what is worst.

A state needs to deploy a law utilizing racial profiling on a crime that can be perpetuated by anyone of any color, nationality or race, disrupting the civil liberties all humans deserve but especially the liberties of the legal hispanics you know will be harassed due to this law...

Or the fact that the federal government allowed this issue to spiral to this point, refusing to do what the constitution says the federal government is obligated to do for any member of the union, while at the same time creating unconstitutional laws forcing those members of the union to comply, ALL while DENOUNCING this law in the name of constitutional rights.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

dg, are you clear on HOW this bill implements these new laws? Did you hear how she has also signed an executive order mandating special training for all law enforcement on the issue of what constitutes reasonable suspicion that someone may be or may not be an illegal immigrant?

The truth of the matter is that Jan Brewer is being as careful to decry and denounce ANY type of racial implication in this bill as is humanly possible. She has paid SPECIAL attention to the civil rights issues here, and has gone so far as to make it a crime for police officers to abuse these new laws in any way.

Considering the gravity of the problem at this point in time, I don't see how it can be done any better.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
reply to post by dgtempe

dg, are you clear on HOW this bill implements these new laws? Did you hear how she has also signed an executive order mandating special training for all law enforcement on the issue of what constitutes reasonable suspicion that someone may be or may not be an illegal immigrant?

The truth of the matter is that Jan Brewer is being as careful to decry and denounce ANY type of racial implication in this bill as is humanly possible. She has paid SPECIAL attention to the civil rights issues here, and has gone so far as to make it a crime for police officers to abuse these new laws in any way.

Considering the gravity of the problem at this point in time, I don't see how it can be done any better.

She is also a politician.

Politicians lie.

Please do not tell me you actually buy the idea that this will be enforced without prejudice, because you're delusional if you think it could be. It's nice that she's keeping in mind how badly this will be abused and trying to take measures against it, but that doesn't mean it will work, it isn't pragmatic, people are going to be discriminated against because of their skin color and there isn't a thing the governor can do to stop this, besides not having signed this into law.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by SpectreDC

Fine, let's all carry our birth certificates around with us, if that's what it takes. I just hope they have a team of document analysts around when they ask Obama for his.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   

They need "clapping hands" in the smiley face section.
I was looking for it hoping to use it, but no clapping hands!

I dont know about president, because I dont know that much about her,but so far from what I do know, she has shown so far that she is a no BS type of person, I like that.

Good for Her.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

Fine, let's all carry our birth certificates around with us, if that's what it takes.

Yeah, and while we're at it lets give up some other liberties for security.

Oh wait, my mistake, we've already done that before.

Please don't tell me I need to repost that old Franklin quote.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   

From my point of view it just reaffirms that a criminal act is in fact a criminal act. They won't have to go any farther than they normally do because illegals are everywhere. At least they'll think twice now before walking in to Arizona.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

I can't understand in the slightest how you think that this law is an
infringement on the rights of people of all colors, and you include
Americans in that statement.

And now Arizona is suddenly a police state in your mind. Wow !! I am
so scared. I will probably never drive in Arizona again. And on top of
that, we are slipping towards the New World Order. What complete
idiocy. And then you say more of OUR liberties are gone. No, it is more
of the special liberties of the "illegal" aliens are gone. Finally !! I am sick
and tired of paying for these leaches and you know who I am talking
about. If I could fill out my vote ballot today, I would put down Jan Brewer
as President in a flash.

And I am really fed up with the lazy, useless crowd in Washington who
don't have ba!!s the size of bb's to do anything about this illegal alien crap.

Obama says he disapproves. Why am I not shocked? I just hope that
New Mexico, California and Texas follow suit and real soon. Like next
week would be fine with me. We have listened to these useless politicians
stand before us telling the American people what we need. We need,
we need, we need. Oh really? I think the American public has been
telling Washington for decades WHAT WE NEED and none of them except
for the govenor of Arizona has finally stood up and started to do what
these people in DC say we need. Continually telling us what we need is
so old. Get this "ILLEGAL" situation in control and do it now before there
is bloodshed on the borders of this country like never before. The Civil
War will be like a picnic compared to what is going to happen if our spineless
government doesn't get to work and secure our borders.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ararisq

From my point of view it just reaffirms that a criminal act is in fact a criminal act. They won't have to go any farther than they normally do because illegals are everywhere. At least they'll think twice now before walking in to Arizona.

You're aware that within a month there is going to be a huge headline on all the papers and stations talking about a blatant abuse of power done by a law enforcement officer, discriminating against someone based on their skin color due to this law, right?

Don't tell me it won't happen, because it sure as well will. The only people who can say otherwise sound just like the governor who said "racial profiling is against the law". Yeah, so are many things annnnnnd people still do it.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Reply to post by SpectreDC

Drop the PC crap.

80% (ballpark) of illegals come from the south.

There is a reason that Border Patrol identifies the illegals by two types. Mexican and OTM (Other Than Mexican).

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
ok...

Here are a few of my rules of engagement for profiling or spotting illegal immigrants..

1- If there are six of them in the bed of a pickup truck and 5 of them in the cab, they may be illegal, you can arrest.

2.-If there is a group of people, all of whom seem to be of mexican descent, and they are standing outside of Home Depot, they may be illegal.

3.- When having pulled over a man who has a DL, SSC, and vehicle registration on them, and none of them match up to each other,
they may be illegal.

If you could think of any other situation, please add to the list.
I could think of several ways but I thought this would be a good start.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh

Drop the PC crap.

80% (ballpark) of illegals come from the south.

There is a reason that Border Patrol identifies the illegals by two types. Mexican and OTM (Other Than Mexican).

That's nice. That doesn't mean creating a law that basically says "Hey cops, go out there and take into custody anyone who is hispanic to check if they are legal or not" isn't completely prejudicial and stinks of racism.

Don't think that I don't believe immigration is a problem. Please, by all means, erect a 50 ft high concrete wall with barbed wires on the boarder. Put the army on the boarder. But I'm not going to support a solution that basically allows a cop to stop a mexican and ask if they are legal or not. It's wrong, and the ends don't justify the means.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   

So what if there is one police officer that makes the headlines as
you so state? I would imagine there will more than one who goes
overboard a little. So what? The other 99 % will do a great job, but
none of that will ever make the front page in huge headlines.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by endtimer

The other 99 % will do a great job

If your neighborhood has a large majority of good law enforcement officers please, inform me of where you live so I may take into consideration moving there.

Also, provide me the device that allows me to pass through barriers of different realities so I can get to this location first.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
So why else might one vote for her if she was to run??? Well, have a look here:

www.votesmart.org...

04/16/2010 Statement by Governor Jan Brewer Phoenix, AZ
04/16/2010 Governor Jan Brewer Lauds Passage of Alternative Teacher Certification Bill Phoenix, AZ
04/14/2010 Governor Jan Brewer Unveils New Model for Economic Development Phoenix, AZ
04/13/2010 Statement by Governor Jan Brewer Phoenix, AZ
04/06/2010 Governor Jan Brewer Announces Arizona Will Join Multi-State, Bipartisan Health Care Lawsuit Phoenix, AZ
04/05/2010 Statement by Governor Jan Brewer Phoenix, AZ
04/01/2010 Statement by Governor Jan Brewer Unknown
04/01/2010 Governor Brewer Releases Plan to Combat Recovery Act Fraud, Waste and Abuse Phoenix, AZ
03/29/2010 Statement by Governor Jan Brewer Unknown
03/29/2010 Governor Jan Brewer Calls on Feds to Immediately Approve Troop Increase on Arizona Border Phoenix, AZ
03/26/2010 Governor Brewer Issues Order for Special Session Phoenix, AZ
03/25/2010 Statement by Governor Jan Brewer Phoenix, AZ
03/23/2010 Governor Brewer Asks Arizona Congressional Democrats -- Do You Intend to Pay for the Costs of Your New Mandate? Phoenix, AZ
03/22/2010 Statement by Governor Jan Brewer Unknown
03/18/2010 Statement by Governor Jan Brewer Unknown
03/17/2010 Letter to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Majority Leader Harry Reid Unknown
03/15/2010 Nearly 5,000 Bags of Trash Collected By State Inmates Phoenix, AZ
03/10/2010 State Launches New Efficiency Effort Phoenix, AZ
03/08/2010 Statement by Governor Jan Brewer Phoenix, AZ
03/04/2010 Governor Brewer to Proceed With Proposed Education Reforms Regardless of Federal Decisions Phoenix, AZ
03/02/2010 Governor Jan Brewer Starts Faith-Based and Non-Profit Services Task Force Phoenix, AZ
02/25/2010 Statement by Governor Jan Brewer Phoenix, AZ
02/25/2010 Brewer Calls on Feds to Fulfill Prior Funding Commitments on Border Costs Phoenix, AZ
02/16/2010 Governor Jan Brewer Requests Major Disaster Declaration from President Obama Phoenix, AZ
02/12/2010 Governor Announces Centennial Birthday Present

All those are actually links, so visit the page. But I really like the way she thinks. And she's even good looking enough for the people with misplaced priorities.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   

There are other ways to tell. Reasonable suspicion is all that is needed. But just like you are doing, everyone will cry racism.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join