It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer for President 2012!!!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red

And again, no freaking solutions, only you and your wall. Now you want all kinds of crazy technology. Okay cool. So now what are we going to do with all the illegals in the country?

Hell the rate it's going I'm almost going to advocate that we say screw habius Corpus and call in the military and have them start raiding areas where Illegals are suspected to live. Put them all on a cargo plane attach a parachute to their backs open up the cargo door and push them out over Mexico territory. Who care if they aren't Mexican. There Mexico's problem now.

That will work and it will work really well. How would that make you feel? Personally I think that sucks and hope it doesn't ever happen.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Light of Night

Yea, really who cares about all that, because the federal government has failed once again to adhere to the constitution and the problem has grown so large that providing just a Drivers License or SS card isn't enough, but all documents must be presented to check legal status.

So yea really who cares.

[edit on 23-4-2010 by Light of Night]

You are advocating the destruction of the FOURTH AMENDMENT

and then you use the word constitution, do you sink when you swim?

I swear by god this is EXACTLY what brought about the PATRIOT ACT AND FISA

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Light of Night

So you know who cares about the 12 million plus illegals in the country that going to over burden the health care system when the bill goes into full effect. Who cares that our school systems are suffering.

How does 12 million damage a system anymore than the 47 million Americans without insurance plus the millions of Americans who can't pay what the insurance companies don't cover?

You know really who cares that all of our rights as American are being eroded and trampled on because the cartels are pushing their war into American territory.

Cartels or little American gang bangers?

Mr. Placido. I can personally address the answer for you,
Mr. Gohmert.
The fact is that we have hard empirical evidence indicating
that the traffickers consistently have said they do not want to
engage in violence on the United States--on U.S. Soil. There
are repeated instances of that that we could provide, in a
different setting, to document that for you.

frwebgate.access.gpo.gov...:49476.wais

Cartels know that taking on the US will be bad for business.

Who cares, there are more people on the welfare doles taking away money from people that really need it.

Yea, let's not worry about the 13 trillion in debt. Lets just worry about what the illegals are costing us.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

What it's the freaking FACTS!

It's not about going that route. The Fact is we don't know what transpired. For all we know the truck driver could have been cussing out the cop.

The only people being willfully ignorant are the people taking a persons word for something and not knowing the whole story. That is the epitome of ignorance. What is even more ignorant is making claims about that person being "arrested" when nowhere in the article does it say that he was arrested.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
You know . . . as I stated before . . . my house is about 10 miles from Mexico. If I drive one hour north, I hit a Border Patrol Check Point. They are usually pretty good about finding the illegal immigrants and leaving the Americans alone.

They also pull over many vehicles, and detain many people . . . a majority of them illegal.

All it takes is a little training, which I am sure the officers in AZ will get.

You guys are really making a mountain out of a molehill. Yes, there is profiling. No, it is not based on race.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   

And again, no freaking solutions, only you and your wall. Now you want all kinds of crazy technology. Okay cool. So now what are we going to do with all the illegals in the country?

Hell the rate it's going I'm almost going to advocate that we say screw habius Corpus and call in the military and have them start raiding areas where Illegals are suspected to live. Put them all on a cargo plane attach a parachute to their backs open up the cargo door and push them out over Mexico territory. Who care if they aren't Mexican. There Mexico's problem now.

That will work and it will work really well. How would that make you feel? Personally I think that sucks and hope it doesn't ever happen.

Crazy technology?

Like a thing you're typing on?

Alright mate

Have fun, you're unreasonable

[edit on 23-4-2010 by Janky Red]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321

So you know who cares about the 12 million plus illegals in the country that going to over burden the health care system when the bill goes into full effect. Who cares that our school systems are suffering.

How does 12 million damage a system anymore than the 47 million Americans without insurance plus the millions of Americans who can't pay what the insurance companies don't cover?

I would venture to say that those 12+ million were included in the 47 million

You know really who cares that all of our rights as American are being eroded and trampled on because the cartels are pushing their war into American territory.

Cartels or little American gang bangers?

Mr. Placido. I can personally address the answer for you,
Mr. Gohmert.
The fact is that we have hard empirical evidence indicating
that the traffickers consistently have said they do not want to
engage in violence on the United States--on U.S. Soil. There
are repeated instances of that that we could provide, in a
different setting, to document that for you.

frwebgate.access.gpo.gov...:49476.wais

Cartels know that taking on the US will be bad for business.

I live 10 miles from some major violence in Mexico. I can assure you that it is not little American wangsters.

Link

Damn . . . those little gang bangers are getting high tech

[edit on 4/23/2010 by Lemon.Fresh]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

Once again, please provide me where my examples included race.

Race is implied my friend. You have to be giving business to the cartels to think that Hispanics aren't going to be the main squeeze of this law.

. since 90% (ballpark) of illegals are Mexican

Your ballpark figure keeps increasing. I will help you. About 60% are Mexicans. About 80% are Hispanics.

should we round up a majority of blacks and whites (in a state where there is a major hispanic population, none the less)? Does that make any logical sense to you?

Yes it does. Because then you are not looking for illegal immigrants. You are only looking for illegal Hispanic immigrants.

Which is it equality or non equality? Something supposedly our nation was founded on.

If you hang out at the Home Depot, Unemployment/Workforce Comission, the Day Labour areas, etc. . . . you need to be checked.

Just because people hang out at a certain place doesn't mean they should be targeted, especially when they have violated no laws.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   

No, I'm not advocating the destruction of the 4th amendment. You are trying to say I am but it isn't true. Because once again.....

Fact is, most illegal immigrants are of Spanish decent.

Again it's the facts. The federal government has failed to do its job. The 4th amendment doesn't apply non-citizens.

And once again No solutions provided beyond the fence.

As I have said I'm open ears to solutions to get the illegals out of the country, but nobody is offering any up.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
As a CDL holder, I have been detained until I got my paperwork straight (including a BC) because my logbooks did not match up (I suck at lining up the little lines in the damn books lol) . . . and I am WHITE!

...the man was detained because they wanted his birth certificate... has that ever happened to you?... of course not because you're white and, so, no one questions your right to be here...

It's like people can't understand that most illegal immigrants are freaking Spanish. Why can't people understand that?

Originally posted by Wyn Hawks
...because its ignorant...

So if a crime is committed in a 95% white community, is it ignorant to think that just maybe the odds and statistics are that a white person did it?

...the ignorance that i was referring to above was lightofnight's belief that illegal immigrants are spanish... if you cant grasp that either, maybe you could buddy up with him/her on remedial history lessons about the conquering of the americas, specifically the languages of the conquerors and why modern day inhabitants now speak english, french or spanish even though they may not have any genetic or nationality associations whatsoever to england, france or spain...

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   

The Mexican Helicopter. So tell me, how sure can you be that are intel agents aren't in that helicopter?

Looks can be deceiving.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   

You keep saying "Spanish decent" and you sound like a moron.

We should be watching for boats coming from Spain if they are all "Spanish".

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Once again, please provide me where my examples included race.

Race is implied my friend. You have to be giving business to the cartels to think that Hispanics aren't going to be the main squeeze of this law.

I would sure think so since 90% of illegals are Mexican.

Would you be looking for a a group of white men when a group of black men committed a crime?

. since 90% (ballpark) of illegals are Mexican

Your ballpark figure keeps increasing. I will help you. About 60% are Mexicans. About 80% are Hispanics.[

We shall call them Southern illegal immigrants for ease of use. lol You are grasping at straws, yet again. My point is that they are coming from the Mexican border.

should we round up a majority of blacks and whites (in a state where there is a major hispanic population, none the less)? Does that make any logical sense to you?

Yes it does. Because then you are not looking for illegal immigrants. You are only looking for illegal Hispanic immigrants.

So we should not look for any brown people when a major majority of illegals are brown . . .

Gotcha.

Which is it equality or non equality? Something supposedly our nation was founded on.

I am all for rounding everyone up. But youi are going to find a majority of brown people, then the starw man comes up. Just like it does in this circular conversation with you.

If you hang out at the Home Depot, Unemployment/Workforce Comission, the Day Labour areas, etc. . . . you need to be checked.

Just because people hang out at a certain place doesn't mean they should be targeted, especially when they have violated no laws.

Just because I drive a blue truck and the bank robber drove a blue truck, I should not be questioned.

Gotcha.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   

What it's the freaking FACTS!

It's not about going that route. The Fact is we don't know what transpired. For all we know the truck driver could have been cussing out the cop.

The only people being willfully ignorant are the people taking a persons word for something and not knowing the whole story. That is the epitome of ignorance. What is even more ignorant is making claims about that person being "arrested" when nowhere in the article does it say that he was arrested.

The only FACT here is that you are trying to ignore the fact that profiling is already happening

Just look away as AMERICAN CITIZENS rights are being stomped upon...what a great country we live in.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Wow, so now its 47 million uninsured? Last I heard it was 30 million and that included illegals, and people that didn't want health insurance. Hrmm, millions of illegals going to the hospital to get treated and not paying the bill causing prices to go up so hospitals can still operate? Sure that problem is more than just illegals, but it sure as hell doesn't help.

Never said the Cartels wanted to taken on the American Military or Police. But it doesn't stop the Cartels for forcing American kids into their organization to run drugs. It doesn't stop their people form terrorizing neighborhoods by kidnapping people out of their homes in suburbs. It doesn't help that they are adding to the crime rates and making already unsafe neighborhoods even more unsafe by helping to fuel gang wars. Granted that is more a problem of American Drug policy but I think you get what I am saying. Basically what about the rights of hard working families that get caught up in the cross fire of these things.

Basically what about the right of all the other people in this county that are hear legally that are being trampled upon because of some free loaders?

13 trillion dollar debt? Yea who cares, just another problem caused by the federal government. Just something else to worry about. It sucks I know, but in reality Illegal immigration is a huge problem that needs to be dealt with just as the 13 trillion dollar debt needs to be dealt with.

We have to deal with both of them, at the same time. No other way around it.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   

As a CDL holder, I have been detained until I got my paperwork straight (including a BC) because my logbooks did not match up (I suck at lining up the little lines in the damn books lol) . . . and I am WHITE!

...the man was detained because they wanted his birth certificate... has that ever happened to you?... of course not because you're white and, so, no one questions your right to be here...

Read again. It has happened to me. I have been asked for my BC, because my logbooks were screwed up.

It's like people can't understand that most illegal immigrants are freaking Spanish. Why can't people understand that?

...because its ignorant...

So if a crime is committed in a 95% white community, is it ignorant to think that just maybe the odds and statistics are that a white person did it?

...the ignorance that i was referring to above was lightofnight's belief that illegal immigrants are spanish... if you cant grasp that either, maybe you could buddy up with him/her on remedial history lessons about the conquering of the americas, specifically the languages of the conquerors and why modern day inhabitants now speak english, french or spanish even though they may not have any genetic or nationality associations whatsoever to england, france or spain...

I think he meant south of the border, and speak Spanish. I understood him. You are just being difficult.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   

The Mexican Helicopter. So tell me, how sure can you be that are intel agents aren't in that helicopter?

Looks can be deceiving.

What in Hades are you talking about?

It was Mexican Military in our airspace.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
IMPORTANT:

THE EXECUTIVE ORDER SIGNED BY JAN BREWER to go along with the 1070 bill:

www.azcentral.com...

Read it for yourselves. She is taking civil rights very seriously, and insuring law enforcement will be very well trained to deal with this.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   

So what are your solutions? You can call me all the names you want because what I am calling them isn't PC enough for you.

But the fact remains you haven't offered any solutions to the problem other than disagreeing with people trying to fix the problem.

So how about you actually provide something constructive the conversation instead of name calling because somebody is using a term that isn't "PC".

Fact, remains most illegal immigrants are of Spanish Decent.

Also since you want to go that way you might want to research about the Spaniards that came and Colonized Mexico a few hundred years ago.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

So we turned to Karl Manheim of Loyola Law School in Los Angeles and Erwin Chemerinsky of UC Irvine Law to pregame it for us. Their response: the law is DOA.

The Arizona law appears to be “facially unconstitutional,” Manheim said. “States have no power to pass immigration laws because it’s an attribute of foreign affairs. Just as states can’t have their own foreign policies or enter into treaties, they can’t have their own immigration laws either.”

blogs.wsj.com...

Political brownie points IMO. Of course, brown is the color of the day.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join