It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer for President 2012!!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by Light of Night

You guys keep saying the same thing over and over and don't realize it is RACIAL PROFILING.

Once again, point out in my examples how those are racially motivated (except the Mexican flag . . . but what seriously . . . who else would sport a Mexican flag?)

Because you are going to get a legal American citizen by doing it the way you guys propose...BECAUSE YOU ARE PROFILING and not going based off facts.

And non-criminals . . . innocent Americans are not questioned when under suspicion of other crimes?

What is the difference?

If an American fits a descriptor, then by all means, question him/her. It is called reasonable suspicion, which is all that is needed

I will wager you will go back to bleating RACIAL PROFILING!!

Let me ask you . . .

Where do a majority of illegal immigrants come from?

[edit on 4/23/2010 by Lemon.Fresh]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Light of Night
reply to post by Janky Red

Man you are making absolutely no sense. The Berlin Wall kept a country divided. America pushed the Nazi's back into Germany and the Russians pushed the Nazi's out of the Eastern block countries and the Russians kept the land for themselves. The Russians pushed all the way to Berlin and in turn built the Berlin wall to keep people on the communist side of things.

Why are you bringing Ben Franklin up? Tell me what freedom are you losing with this bill? None you are not losing any liberty nada, zero, zilch. If you are illegal you are loosing the liberty to sponge off the American taxpayer. Other than that if you are a legal citizen you aren't loosing ANYTHING.

I am talking about the physical structure and it purpose, dividing is the key word,
WE WANT TO DEVIDE THE US AND MEXICO do we not?

The second paragraph, ARE you a neocon???

Have you not noticed the cascading effect these policing policies have.

One leads to the next, to the next

Ben Franklin has everything to do with it friend, if you read any Franklin you would not
have to ask this question.

I am thinking decades and you are thinking today

You don't Uphold the constitution by undermining it,
We need ONE domestic event and the fold gates will open,
One truly maniacal President, use you grey matter, you are not a simian.

law has its sacred lines, read Ben

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

You guys keep saying the same thing over and over and don't realize it is RACIAL PROFILING.

Fact, most illegal immigrants are of Spanish decent. It's a fact there is no way around it, the truth is right there in your face. It is not Racial Profiling, anyway you cut it.

Because you are going to get a legal American citizen by doing it the way you guys propose...BECAUSE YOU ARE PROFILING and not going based off facts.

Fact most illegal immigrants are of Spanish decent. Tell me how is a legal American citizen going to get caught up in this? THEY ARE LEGAL!!!! They have all the proper documentation that can be provided upon request.

You guys will never get it...just keep saying the same thing over and over without realizing what you are saying.

Fact most illegal immigrants are of Spanish decent. I realize completely what I am saying I understand the broad implications this bill could lead too. The problem is that nobody else is offering up solutions. Everybody keeps talking how their are all these solutions, but nobody is saying them.

But oh well...Arizaon is going to get the crap sued out of them...so they will get what they deserve by being moronic about this issue.

They will get sued and they will win the suit. This law is nothing, but a rehash of federal law. If the feds were doing their jobs they would be doing this the same exact way.

And again one more time for good measure:

Fact, most illegal immigrants are of Spanish decent.

link   

Nobody is getting arrested based on physical appearance, I don't know why this keeps coming up.

...it keeps coming up because its happening...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's like people can't understand that most illegal immigrants are freaking Spanish. Why can't people understand that?

...because its ignorant...

link   

So once again . . . what do you do when the hardware is circumvented?

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

What right are you losing?

Well, I guess if your legal Hispanic or a natural born Hispanic born in America your losing the right to move around without being stopped because of reasonable suspicion that you might be illegal and will now have to prove you aren't by providing documents other Americans don't have to.

Of course, that doesn't matter to you. Getting illegals out of here is more important than preserving the rights all Americans should have.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   

What you don't get is that the Physical Structure did not work. It was the Armed Guards that were murdering and imprisoning people that made the wall work. The wall is a physical object that can be circumvented. That is what you don't understand.

No, I'm not a Neo-con but the fact remains the Constitution clearly states that it is the federal governments job to protect against invasion and if the fed doesn't do it then the authority passes on to the states to enforce the law.

That is what this all comes down too. The state has passed a bill that legally gives them authority to enforce the federal law. If the fed were doing their job and enforcing the law they would be going about this the same exact way.

What you don't understand is that American Citizens are not losing any rights with this bill. You keep trying to say we are, but we aren't. It's that simple.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
THE BEST SENTENCE HERE:

"Nobody is getting arrested based on physical appearance, I don't know why this keeps coming up."

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wyn Hawks

Nobody is getting arrested based on physical appearance, I don't know why this keeps coming up.

It's like people can't understand that most illegal immigrants are freaking Spanish. Why can't people understand that?

One side of the story, don't know what actually transpired between the officers and the truck driver.

I guess if the truth is ignorant, then I will remain ignorant then.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Exactly Jam...but they won't address this issue...which is what I have been saying this whole time.

They see it as an acceptable sacrafice for Hispanic Americans to make...carry your papers on you at all times...even if you are a legit American Citizen.

"They came first for the Communists, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist"

hmmm...let's see if I can modify that.

"They came first for the Hispanic American Citizens, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Hispanic American Citizen."

Papers Please?

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

He wasn't arrested. He was detained. So the claim holds true. Point out to me where in that article where it says he was "arrested". It doesn't say anything about him being arrested.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wyn Hawks

1.) Coincidence that that happens right before this new bill?

I think not.

2.) We do not know the whole story, unless one of us were there.

As a CDL holder, I have been detained until I got my paperwork straight (including a BC) because my logbooks did not match up (I suck at lining up the little lines in the damn books lol) . . . and I am WHITE!

So if a crime is committed in a 95% white community, is it ignorant to think that just maybe the odds and statistics are that a white person did it?

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Okay so what are the other ways?

Make a list. One you have mentioned is building a wall. Okay been there still doing it.

So what are these "so" many other ways? That's all I'm asking if you have a better idea I'm all ears, the problem is there is no other solution.

SCOTUS won't shoot this down either, the only provision that could be unconstitutional is the mandate to carry your green card or visa. Other than that it is all completely legal.

A no mans land, drones, sensors, a straight access road to agents
close proximity bases, a rapid response team, dogs...

Its a strategy, its multiple components

Answer me this

How many people have gotten into NORAD, AREA 51, ETC???

They have a multi layered system and a BUDGET

We are talking people on foot, with heat signatures
CARS WITH TIRES AND HEAT SIGNATURES
Tunnels that can be detected with very inexpensive sensors while being built

The "wall" we have now is a #@$@ fence, rusted too boot

My solution is not 1 word, it is how this nation defends its nukes and reactors.

Look I am sorry if I am being a peter, but it appears we are not on the same wavelength.

SCOTUS

the FOURTH AMENDMENT

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Appearance cannot be grounds for Probable Cause of commission to a crime, legally
speaking a hunch is not probable cause.

and if under any circumstances Appearance is proven as the grounds of detention
this will be struck-

BTW, you do know SS officers used the same method to detect JEWS? Not a race thing
bud, not in this instance, its a fact, the nose, the accent, feature, hair style the same method that fuels the basis of this bill. SS officer were trained how to detect the Jew
with the human senses, at the officers discretion.

That point is in there because I don't want anything American to resemble anything NAZI based upon simple principle.

link   

Originally posted by jam321

Well, I guess if your legal Hispanic or a natural born Hispanic born in America your losing the right to move around without being stopped because of reasonable suspicion that you might be illegal and will now have to prove you aren't by providing documents other Americans don't have to.

Of course, that doesn't matter to you. Getting illegals out of here is more important than preserving the rights all Americans should have.

No, if you give reasonable suspicion that you are illegal you will be questioned . . . same as any other crime.

Quit twisting things to fit your racial straw man.

link   
reply to post by Light of Night

One side of the story, don't know what actually transpired between the officers and the truck driver.

Are you really going to go that route???

Willful ignorance...sounds more and more like Nazi Germany every day.

Just turn a blind eye...nothing to see here...nothing to see here.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   

What's your solution then? That's what I want to know.

It doesn't really matter in the end, the rate its going America will cease to exist and we won't have any rights as Americans because America will be a past memory. So you know who cares about the 12 million plus illegals in the country that going to over burden the health care system when the bill goes into full effect. Who cares that our school systems are suffering.

You know really who cares that all of our rights as American are being eroded and trampled on because the cartels are pushing their war into American territory. Who cares that many American's can't find a decent paying job because companies can hire cheap wage labor. Who cares, that the federal government isn't doing its job. Who cares, there are more people on the welfare doles taking away money from people that really need it.

Yea, really who cares about all that, because the federal government has failed once again to adhere to the constitution and the problem has grown so large that providing just a Drivers License or SS card isn't enough, but all documents must be presented to check legal status.

So yea really who cares.

[edit on 23-4-2010 by Light of Night]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by jam321

Exactly Jam...but they won't address this issue...which is what I have been saying this whole time.

I just did

They see it as an acceptable sacrafice for Hispanic Americans to make...carry your papers on you at all times...even if you are a legit American Citizen.

No, just do not give them reasonable suspicion to question you. Real easy. If you do not have your drivers license with you while you are driving, are you going to start swerving all over the road?

Well . . . you probably would . . . then claim profiling.

"They came first for the Communists, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist"

hmmm...let's see if I can modify that.

"They came first for the Hispanic American Citizens, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Hispanic American Citizen."

Papers Please?

Once again . . . straw man. They are not coming for Americans. They are coming for illegal aliens.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   

No doubt your doing the twisting.

Color shouldn't be reasonable suspicion and that IS exactly what is happening and is going to happen even more.

All a cop is going to do is see a brown person and use a number of BS codes to stop that person.

Racial profiling at its best.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
well if Gov Brewer doesn't get in the WH,
can North Carolina have her???
We need that legislation here too

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   

No doubt your doing the twisting.

Color shouldn't be reasonable suspicion and that IS exactly what is happening and is going to happen even more.

All a cop is going to do is see a brown person and use a number of BS codes to stop that person.

Racial profiling at its best.

Really?

Once again, please provide me where my examples included race.

I have yet to receive an answer on that one.

Also, I would like to know . . . since 90% (ballpark) of illegals are Mexican . . . should we round up a majority of blacks and whites (in a state where there is a major hispanic population, none the less)? Does that make any logical sense to you?

No one has answered that one either

Damn those Canadian illegals in AZ.

But you know what? I do not care if you are brown, black, white, red, or yellow. If you hang out at the Home Depot, Unemployment/Workforce Comission, the Day Labour areas, etc. . . . you need to be checked.

Why?

Because that is where the illegals are.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join