It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spiritual Awakening- a taste of what it's like

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by buddha
good post.

we each walk a path.
only we walk That path, no one else.
but All paths are side by side.
even if some are far longer.

This is a beautiful statement.
Thank you for sharing it.

Ceri

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Good post and thank you. I have been searching for many years. I feel like I have had some small awakenings but not the large one you describe. When I put the traditions of churchianity behind me that was one of them. And then began to study the ancient wisdom etc. The more I learn the more I realize how little I really know.

I always marvel at the folks who jump on these threads seemingly wanting to show thier superior knowledge and have a sort of angry tone etc. how can anyone condemn another's spiritual experience? It only shows they are steeped in thier own beliefs not really knowing.

I thought I knew lots of things for many years but I finally had to face up to the fact That I really don't know much of anything for sure. Some things ring true to me but I don't know 100% by experience. And I have had some pretty intense spiritual experiences. Still how do I know exactly what those experiences meant?

Anyway I am rambling so I have a question for those who feel they have had the awakening and I suppose it is related to what I feel I want to be able to do. So answer the best you can. The question is what has it done for you, or rather allowed you to do for others?

For myself I want to be able to help disperse the darkness that seems to have taken over almost every aspect of society. Mainly the governing by force threat and coercion etc. I have intensified my search for the great awakening/enlightenment because I want to help people I want to help those who are hurting because of this darkness. I want to be a candle in the darkness if nothing else. Those who are loosing thier homes, their jobs and everything they hold dear due to the greed and power of those imposing this darkness.

I want to know for sure who I am and what I can do to help folks manage this life until they awaken to their true self and thier full power. I believe in the awakening but it seems to be elusive to me so far. And I wonder why those who claim to be awakened do not seem to be making any difference in rolling back the ever increasing darkness? Maybe it's because I have not fully awakened that I don't understand?

As an example of an enlightened one Jesus went around healing people making the lame walk the blind see and raising the dead etc. Buddha performed many miracle also. This may not have change the political problems of the time o even the evil rulers but it eased the pain of many who suffered at the time during the darkness. So where are the enlightened ones doing these sorts of things I guess is what I am asking?

I don't know if this is clear enough but if anyone cares to answer I would appreciate it.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   
And that longing in your very soul is gone, the burning desire, that unquenchable thirst is gone. By sheer desire and the grace of the Creator you understand. Aham Brahmasmi, I am Brahman. So you sit at the top of the mountain and wait. Just enjoy life. Sit back and watch the show. The search is over.

Some people just won't understand. They don't want to understand. Help them if they seek. Let the non seeker's pass in peace. Their journey will be much longer. It's of their own choice. Free will grants them the right to stumble upon a hard and rocky road.

S & F to you.

Peace, love and light to you all>

Namaste

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

Ha where are the enlightened ones doing miracles? Yes they are hard to find but some are hiding right in the open!!

www.springforestqigong.com...

Just watch these testimonials -- the healer Chunyi Lin:

changed wine into water

went 49 days without food, water and sleep!

levitated 9 feet in the air

Has healed many of serious diseases, paralysis, etc.

And is corroborated by the Mayo Clinic -- the top hospital in the world.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by drew hempel

I guess the problem with siddhis is that they mainly deal with earthly things and cannot be used for anything but fulfilling desires (of the ego), which is a no-no. Maybe the thing is that the human errs, and doesn't really know what he wants. It's should be about what he needs. I'm more of an Hinduism type of guy, although Buddhism holds some good stuff.

I'm kind of skeptical about the multiple physical bodies-stuff 'tho..

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Paradoxos
reply to post by Boypony

Punctuation is a beautiful thing.
What is not a beautiful thing is taking a beautiful experience for someone and deciding it has to do with a future Anti-Christ, which had NOTHING at all to do with what the OP is talking about. Why oh why does religion always have to be dragged into it in such a negative way?

Ceri

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

I commend you for asking a relevant question.

Had the 'awakened' made any difference?

Look around you in the world. Had there not been progressive steps taken towards rehabilitation and correction of the potential doom to mankind created by a few greedy and powerful persons? Yes, there are steps taken, and it takes time, but still steps forward nevertheless.

Who made it possible? Not you or me alone for sure. The collective, as words and discussions are spread around to create more awareness.

Yet alone, we can still do our part within our abilities. For example, the homeless. You and I will not have the thousands of dollars to house even one of them, but we can point them to the right direction for help with aid agencies. We may not have enough space in our homes to house them, but we still offer them a meal or 2.

It's such small little things that will eventually adds up, for what is done is exponentially duplicated to others, and over-time, the change you and everyone seeks will come. It must come from our hearts and NEVER by force.

Our Creator can easily come into this world and within seconds set everything right. Gold stacked up to the mountains, for everyone to take. Food pile up to the hills and no one gets hungry again. But what would that had served? Why even bother creating us and giving us life in the first place?

We mankind have a destiny, and that is to reach out and fill the stars. We need to be taught how to fish, or we will only end up hungry or worse, become redundant and never know the beauty of the Universe that we have yet to see, know and experience. How many of our forefathers would have wish to live in this century watch an imax movie?

With our destiny comes the freedom of choice -free will. While we will not be abandoned, as proven by history records of mankind's survival, it will be up to us whom had gained much from education and life's experiences, to follow the teachings, help each other to evolve, from our hearts, begining with you and I.

This is the miracle you seek and which is within your ability to reach out, even if you managed only one. Exponentially, you would have achieved more than what the combined enlightened teachers had attempted to teach. Time will be the honest recorder of our failure or success.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 03:06 AM
link   
"Why are so many insulted by the idea that we all are God? I guess you must get past the brainwashing of the Church before you can understand. But this has been taught for all of recorded history! But until a person awakens they may feel guilty or blasphemous. I understand. And I love you and respect your opinions!"(quoted by OP)

Awakening is different for each person. Reality is nothing but our own perceptions. Whether a god created us or we are some cosmic accident we all are born with freedom to make choices. If someone chooses to worship a god or not that is their own path. Faulting someone for the religion they believe in is just adding to the negative energy that is destroying this world. When I was awakened I realized bashing religion was counter productive and that each individual is free to learn however they want.

You say I understand and respect your opinions at the end of the paragraph but in the beginning you start with, "Why are so many insulted by the idea that we all are God?" Just something to ponder I guess.

For me being awake does not mean I know everything, I don't feel my views are the only ones that are correct. For me awakening means I understand that my reality has been built around my perception, these perception are built around my desires, and these desires have been influenced by a monetary system that controls the world. I feel as tho now I can see my life based off my true spiritual needs and not my physical needs. This has opened my eyes to what I believe is the true ugliness and the true beauty of life. This allows me to experience true love and happiness. The world became a bigger place and time seemed to slow down. I found meaning again and realized that my purpose in life was to learn about myself and experience all life has to offer. I could go way more in depth but It would take more time then people would want to read. Goodluck on your awakening and realize that everyday is a new learning experience.

[edit on 20-4-2010 by rbilly001]

[edit on 20-4-2010 by rbilly001]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 03:27 AM
link   
we are Gods .... lol wtf WRONG but you have some truth in your post

let me tell you that there is some steps before being fully awaken...

Awake to our true reality our destiny and our path to follow
to what we are... to what we are doing here... to where we originated from
first ... yes we need some spirituality involved to clear our mind and let our souls and our heart set free
the first important steps is to question everything
second step is.... being able to make a clear difference between good and evil
3 : clear any fear and hatred in you
4 : ask yourself if there is any link between God and Aliens ..make some theories
5 : no religion is necessary to be awoke... have God in your heart and the path will open before you (simply as that)
6 : take the life itself as a test and that in the final hours of our lifes
we will ascend/awoke
7 : live your lifes with a smile and dont look at the clock... wait for that final moment to arrive without accelerating it in any ways
and other steps in the day to day life like example not killing torturing any living things or be to much in the materialism luxury and if you have those luxury to be generous to people in the need around you etc etc....

so in conclusion you can awoke or never... meaning eternal sleep...
no one wants that poor faith
lets all together pass the test of life and be proud of us when we will
awoke/ascend or in the afterlife of wherever it is example : heaven
or being a ghost or .... nothing at all and everybody was wrong
but what if .... better be proud then ashame

regarding the question of this post to awoke in our present life while we live is ... to be awoke spiritually and pass the test before our body dies and ascend to a higher plain of existence in the afterlife to avoid the eternal sleep
or to be sent to hell in a maner of speaking

sorry for my broken english its 4 am here

i might have miss some step or some of you might think im wrong 50% or 100% but if my reply can help some of you to understand our real purpose on earth then im glad to have helped

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Thre is no true awakenings, except thru Christ Jesus.Amen.
The other pseudo true awakenings reffered to in this thread are of satan and are only forms of deception, that will take you to your utter destruction.

As The Lord Said: Unless ye be Born of the Water and of The Spirit, ye shall in no measure enter into the Kingdom of Heaven.

Bottom line Folks, Pl do not be deceived, for Christ did not die in vain.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Boypony

Hey man, I know what you're speaking of. I've had similar experiences where I realized that I was not a person. I have never had an experience of total oneness, however, but I have felt glimpses of that. My understanding is that we (God) becomes a finite being, be it a tree, a rock, a bunny rabbit or a human being in order to eventually remove the (seven) veils and realize that we are God! But, when you realize what you ARE, which is GOD, you cease to be what you are NOT, which is human. So, you have not experienced God Realization. If you had, you would not be conscious of your body or your mind, only of the Infinite Beyond, or God. God is beyond all matter and all understanding and all limitations of form and space and time. God is Everything. You aren't everything, you are a user on ATS.

Now, that doesn't mean that you did not have an awakening. But clearly, it was not your final awakening, and rest assured that Maya (the force that sustains illusions) will do her very best to force veils upon you again. She will tempt you with women and power, and you will accept, knowing that you are beyond these earthly things. But as time passes these Earthly riches may reel you in and you may be horribly dismayed by how far you have fallen and how you once again feel an estrangement towards others, towards the world, to yourself.

Guard yourself! Do not forget what you've learned, hold fast to God, do not indulge your senses and keep longing for the Real God Realization experience that we all seek.

I love you!

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

Power without wisdom is akin to beer without malt. Use it over time and you will get drunk on 100% proof alchol and you pass out blind, if your existance is not ended.

The truth that one finds within makes that entire concept meaningless, for the one guiding you, is YOU, the Future Self, where in "no time" there can not be a future, past, beginning, end, higher, lower, but only one endless day, now. Yet, here, in 3D, earth school, the foundation, we become ourselves, individual, and as the universe is infinite, streaming in from and infinite beyond, our perception of self is infinite backwards, forwards. We all have to come, we're the clip that holds our infinite film roll in.

And your Higher Self, in the Beyond is a very good guide, filled with more wisdom than the biggest fish in this multiverse.

However, the common thread among those whom had been touched, will realized how insignificant we humans, alone, are in the bigger scheme of the Universe, and our powers absolutely limited if not nil.

No, when you have been touched, you will realized your insignificance and the need to fellowship with others, to follow the taught paths to progress and evolution that had been hijacked by people like you, filled with arrogance and greed, a sense of deluded absolute power that will only corrupts absolutely and eventually.

Alone, without proper guidance and fellowship, you have no more power to move the winds than an ant.

Not quite the way it is, its going to be a surprise when one is ready to go Beyond and back home.

And do we even leave our home? This is a persistant illusion. We dont leave actually, but time is not real,

this thread of mine, www.abovetopsecret.com...
its addressed to TPTB, but its all about Infinity.

To Infinity and Beyond! What dreams may come!

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Great post.

I had a long post typed out, but I was having a hard time finding myself.

Namaste

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Boypony
If there is a charismatic "leader" involved -bogus.

Jesus spoke to large crowds, sometimes of several thousand. He was able to keep their attention and interest, which meant he must have been a very dynamic speaker.

One could therefore argue that Christ was a charismatic "leader".

If there is alot of $$$ involved you can bet it's bogus.

Ahem, the Vatican is worth a few billion. Let's not forget tithes or televangelists either.

Namaste.

[edit on 20-4-2010 by rexusdiablos]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   
You had me gripped until this last statement.

And you REALIZE..AND KNOW w/o any doubt....that YOU ARE GOD. And for the rest of this human life, you are on "cruise control"...because you have awoke...you have won the game. The search is finally over.

Definition of a game is a contest with rules to determine a winner

The whole point of (waking up) is to get out of the notion that this 'game' can be won. Its never about the winning its always always about the taking part

To say

that the search is finally over
, I completely disagree just because your eyes are open doesn't mean that the path ahead of you has ended??? we have to keep on walking in order to reach our next milestone. That is how life works, life doesn't give up on us so why should we give up on it?

Meditate for 30 minutes on carl sagans pale blue dot and then tell me

'The search is finally over.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99

The truth that one finds within makes that entire concept meaningless, for the one guiding you, is YOU, the Future Self, where in "no time" there can not be a future, past, beginning, end, higher, lower, but only one endless day, now. Yet, here, in 3D, earth school, the foundation, we become ourselves, individual, and as the universe is infinite, streaming in from and infinite beyond, our perception of self is infinite backwards, forwards. We all have to come, we're the clip that holds our infinite film roll in.

And your Higher Self, in the Beyond is a very good guide, filled with more wisdom than the biggest fish in this multiverse.

Truly and humbly, I have no right to dispute your perception, but I only wish to point out one flaw you made in your logic, and if continued, will only cause others to wonder in confusion on your message.

"And your Higher Self, in the Beyond is a very good guide, filled with more wisdom than the biggest fish in this multiverse." - these are your words, noticed that flaw?

It lies in ' than the biggest fish in the multiverse'.

The problem begins when 'You' realized you are not alone in the flow of the Universe. There are others. And if each thinks they have more wisdom than another, then who is the wise one?

You will only sadly lead yourself back to the chicken and egg situation that had befuddled many a scientist, which remains unsolved today, till they disband the arrogance of self and seek out from the heart....

Peace.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 04:21 AM
link   
posted on 4/20/10 at 04:21

I would first like to wish all of ATS a Happy 420 =) its a Great day to be Alive!!

I have come to understand that I will never understand that everything is connected in this multidimensional, universe by a consciousness which beats in waves and echoes through the heavens as one...in the end, you find that unconditional love is God, Yahweh, Allah, Tao, Brahma, Shiva, the creator and the destroyer, the underling force which flows throughout all and gives us life…if this LOVE can be found and expressed to others than you are GOD, you are at peace and in harmony with your inner soul, spirit, essence, and when you stop and let all your thoughts, feelings, and desires go and you truly clear your mind of everything you have ever know in this world, you will feel the warmth of the radiant glow which shines throughout you, you will know that your heart and soul are eternal…

I was lucky to have this experience occur early in my life, I was able to spread my love, gods love, to everyone I befriended, I felt alive with purpose like a child of the light 2 years later, an accident occurred which affected my prominent facial features. I had a smile on my face every second of every day, but now when I look into people’s eyes and try to spread the love, I get judged by my appearance. I would be lying if I said this has not affected my thoughts and vibrations, I am no longer in harmony with the love that is god. I try to express my true nature everyday but in such a superficial society my love is subdued by negative thoughts and vibrations. If I disconnect myself from society I know I can go on to live a loving and peaceful life , but I feel I would be abandoning my spiritual path to spread the ONE LOVE and COMPASSION to all my brothers and sisters…

Once you experience the AWAKENING you will never forget the feeling of gods infinite potential, however because society, the masses have been desensitized to feel no compassion, unconditional love is hard to find. I do not blame them for they know not what they do, all I ask is that you my brothers and sisters show all living things Respect, Love and Compassion.

…the Ultimate reality is ONE LOVE

Great post

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Good post OP !

I wanted to take this opportunity to share my experience, and to say that you are 100% right. But I want to add "spiritual awakening" isn't something you should desperately try to attain. It may happen anytime, especially when you don't expect it at all, it may be of different intensity and happen multiple times. But it is not always FUN, it is not something you should ask at any cost. If your ego isn't prepared, be assured it WILL crumble and there is a great chance you will suffer from it. If you achieve it, be thankful ! If you don't, don't be jealous, it will come...

But if the path to awakening is really the one you have chosen, I would say the best thing to do is to ALWAYS trust you guts. Talk with people you find "wise" (not charismatic !) if that even mean anything, always take info with a grain of salt, and NEVER ever take yourself too seriously

Following synchronicities, coincidences in your life, where they lead you may also help.

I considered myself as a "psychonaut", exploring various paths to better understand my psyche, my inner self, my "spiritual" self, some of these paths more classical, some less orthodox. A few month ago I was reading a book and this book "struck" me. (probably this book was suited for me and won't mean anything for others).

Exactly like you said, I stayed in my couch in awe, crying and thankful at the same time.

From there, my world crumbled. I spent 3 days without sleeping because of the amount of information I was receiving. Like when all the pieces of the puzzle fall in place. Without sleep, I started to hallucinate severely and was having heavy headaches. I went to visit a monastery near my house because I knew they would be able to help me pass this trial. They accepted me without asking any question. They took care of me. I witnessed the kindness of Jesus within them (I was not a Christian !).

I spent 3 more days there, resting and sweating profusely, like my body was being purged, and still no sleep. I won't lie, it wasn't pleasant at all and the hallucinations due to sleep deprivation had the bitter taste of madness.

Then my parents came back from holidays and fetched me. I scared the s**t out of them. 7 more days with almost no sleep. I was sometimes talking like a crazy man, or a prophet. I wasn't always really in control of myself.

Finally a long and painful journey back to earth began. As much as I was presented with a Truth so simple it was heart-shattering, as much today I learned that message was for me and me alone. And now I believe that each and everyone else is on his very own journey, to find his own truth.

It doesn't necessarily requires prayers
It doesn't necessarily requires drugs
It doesn't necessarily requires meditation
It doesn't necessarily requires reading old or complicated books
It doesn't necessarily requires uncovering the conspiracies

All these path are valid, but the most important thing to do is to LIVE according to your DREAMS. If you want the world to be a better place, BE that CHANGE. If you want more kindness in the world, be kind. If you want more communication, exchange with other people.

If you do that, if you follow your guts, if you listen to yourself, I promise you you will find "spiritual awakening" one day. But if you trap yourself too much in one direction, you become a slave to your desire to reach that very enlightenment, and in the end there's no certainty you will even succeed !

The destination is NOT IMPORTANT, we are all going to the same place in the end, guaranteed. It's the PATH that matters. My path was a bumpy ride, I still suffer from headaches today because I choosed a shortcut probably. But that's my story and I'm still happy it happened. I just wanted to be sure people understand it isn't always good to want to go too quickly or unprepared (and I thought I was !!!)

Respect other's views, religions, beliefs. It's THEIR path.
Be kind, be honnest, be helpful.
Your Truth is meaningful to you only. Don't force feed it to others. (So it also mean you may just bash everything I'm telling you if you want
I won't take offence
)

LIVE, LOVE and LAUGH

[edit on 20-4-2010 by SpaceGoatsFarts]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by savvys84
The other pseudo true awakenings reffered to in this thread are of satan and are only forms of deception, that will take you to your utter destruction.

As The Lord Said: Unless ye be Born of the Water and of The Spirit, ye shall in no measure enter into the Kingdom of Heaven.

I understand what you mean, but please don't condemn people who choosed another religion or spirituality. Jesus would probably not do that. He condemned the Pharisees for their closed minds.

[edit on 20-4-2010 by SpaceGoatsFarts]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by savvys84

Mark 9:40

for whoever is not against us is for us.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join