It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spiritual Awakening- a taste of what it's like

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   
unfortuneately

if you still believe there is a "you" to be awakened, or enlightened or walk a path, or have experiences

then you are still asleep. perhaps a "less deep" sleep than others, more dozy

but the complete awakening is to see that there was no "you" awaken, emptiness

emptiness means "empty of self"

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hermes8
unfortuneately

if you still believe there is a "you" to be awakened, or enlightened or walk a path, or have experiences

then you are still asleep. perhaps a "less deep" sleep than others, more dozy

but the complete awakening is to see that there was no "you" awaken, emptiness

emptiness means "empty of self"

One may know there is no "self" but still use it as a vessel in this world
How would we interact otherwise ?

Seriously now, achieving true emptiness in this world is the way of the buddhas. But some people choose another way : compassion. Then they still need a bit of their ego to do that...

"if you still believe there is a "you" to be awakened, then you are still asleep..."

Spirituality isn't a dick contest

[edit on 20-4-2010 by SpaceGoatsFarts]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by SpaceGoatsFarts

thanks for your response space-
and that would be the most common reply to what i posted

i mean to say there were different types of awakening, different aspects of it

but the realization of "no self" is probably the hardest for anyone to even contemplate, never mind happening. because the other areas of awakening are still a benefit to "self or me" while "no self" is a benefit to "no one" to which the mind/self instnatly lashes back- if there is nothing in it for me, then what's the point

which of course is exactly the point...

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hermes8

thanks for your response space-

Thanks to you too

What I wanted to say is that your "Truth" means something to you, but maybe not to others. And maybe they don't need that, they need something else in their lives to achieve something good here !

Take for example someone who is constantly mocked in school, his parents tell him he's worth nothing, beaten by his father, he's ugly and has no charisma. Do you believe the dude wants to be told that on top of that, his life has no meaning because there is nothing in it but emptiness ? That he has no "self" ?

I believe that on the opposite this guy would need more love, more self-confidence, more cheering, more Ego ! Isn't that paradoxical ?

Maybe we experience nothingness when OUR ego is out of balance ? Siddhartha Gautama was a prince, not a beggar, think about that...

Just an idea

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Boypony

Excellent post, i too am confused why people take offense to people knowing they are god, maybe its because people are taking it too literally, i believe that since god created my soul and everyother soul in the world in his image then we are god, similar to 'my son is me'...

I havent quite had a very very life changing experience with spirituality yet, however, the lucid dreaming and the LOO material make a lot of sense with me and since these experiences have occurred i have become closer to god than i have ever been and my belief in him is far stronger!

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Bravo, Boypony, Excellent post.
The TRUTH will set you FREE.

IT is so beautiful when you find the Truth. Now that I have awoken, no one can shake my foundation... Thank you for relaying this to others,

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   
This is kind of ironic really. Whenever you see a post by a Christian there is usually a hundred skeptics trying to debunk every aspect. Why is it that when there is an "I am awakened" thread no one responds? If you want think you are on the right path, than great. Don't tell me I am on the wrong path because I don't meditate, chant, dream myself as a god, or what not.

You may think of yourself as a god, but I don't think that highly of myself at all. We aren't gods, but we do have a connection to one. I haven't had divine revelations or jaw dropping visions, but I have had signs that tell me to remain Christian. I mean real signs, not some thought forms.

You claim in reality "YOU" is all there is? It is all about YOU.

Believe me, many people do feel and think that highly of themselves. That is why there are problems in the world. People can't put others lives in their realities. (I am not saying you, just some people too conceded that follow this concept verbatim).

[edit on 20-4-2010 by Equinox99]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Equinox99
You may think of yourself as a god, but I don't think that highly of myself at all. We aren't gods, but we do have a connection to one.

I believe it is exactly what he meant
Sometimes when someone gets his vision of the world completely changed, he may use very strong words that means a lot to him, and less to others.

I believe he wanted to say we all have a "divine spark". Otherwise I have yet to see one of these self-proclaimed god do a real miracle

It is true that you have to choose carefully how to describe such an experience, in order to avoid appearing you are "more" than others (which isn't the case of course...)

The problem with (some) Christians is that they are sometimes extremists "patronizing" others. But I believe it is more common in the U.S., where there are mega-churches and televangelists speaking about the "rapture" all the time. Here in my country it's not really like that, they are more dicrete. Sometimes I feel they are different Churches, for different cultures...

But people tends to forget not all Christians are "extremists"...

Peace

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Boypony

so much mumbo jumbo, the secret is non thought; but it is more difficult than it seems. there is something in this reality that wants to keep people away from non thought. I've had a few moments of what is probably a state of oblivion which hasn't happened again. tip: solitude

stay away from negative and angry people, they will be used against you in your quest for non thought.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by reject
reply to post by Boypony

so much mumbo jumbo, the secret is non thought; but it is more difficult than it seems. there is something in this reality that wants to keep people away from non thought. I've had a few moments of what is probably a state of oblivion which hasn't happened again. tip: solitude

I experienced that a lot. It's nice, bliss, a feeling of harmony, of absolute understanding, etc... But as Boypony said, it's a bit different from a lightning strike piercing through your mind to blow you with a "revelation" of any kind.

I wasn't feeling harmony, I was feeling unworthy ! I was shaking, crying, wondering why me... That's not like what I experience when meditating

There is no secret method.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   
If you have emotional problems, the whole process of seeking enlightenment can be especially difficult, and lead in circular fashion; as an attempt to escape one's "self" and the pain therein becomes a way to avoid that pain, and nothing is accomplished. I often feel that it would have been better to have never searched, because the broken robot is broken, and must accept that it is broken before any path can be fruitful. There are many of us who probably will never know peace.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Boypony

congrats!! there is nothing like that feeling.

the only thing i would like to add is that at some point after you awaken.. you realize that our individual and collective worlds are 100% a reflection of who we are, how we feel and what we think. that is what makes us gods. (or simply creators). as one continues down their path of awakening, the deeper this realization becomes and the more power you realize you have. eventually you look out into this world of ours and can only see it as a magical place. not a plastic, hollow existence.. as you say.. it is a wonderland - our playground. to mold and enjoy and create as we please. that is what makes all of us so powerful... like a god if you would like to use that word.

love to you my friend!

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Hi SpaceGoatsFarts.

I've read all your posts on this thread so far. I think you are very wise. It's not often I read posts which are not completely one-sided (I'm guilty of that myself), it is very refreshing. Thanks for sharing your experience to show that psychological growth is not always a bed of roses.
All the best.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Boypony

Have you EVER in your WHOLE LIFE been dumbstruck with AWE? On your knees
with your mouth hanging open, eyes bugged out and unable to speak with tears streaming down your face? (Think Paul on the way to Damascus) And all you can think or say is OMFG!!!!!!!!!!! THIS is what a TRUE AWAKENING is REALLY like.

Yes!

I was in a bad situation, ready to give up on life, when I made a promise, that if He helped me out, I would dedicate my life to seeking Him.

Directly after that, a serious of consequences happened that got me out of what seemed like an unreturnable situation.

About a year later, I kept my promise, and opened the bible. Within two months, I had my on the knees, tears streaming from joy experience.

I've never looked back, and my life will never be the same, thank God!

Great thread!

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I had a dream a few nights ago that was very, very unique. It was as though I knew everything and had unlimited power to control everything around me. I was able to fly around at the mere thought. I encountered people that appeared to be guides of some sort. Dropping clues off to me about the truth and nature of reality. (Was this a preview for my physical-world-dwelling self to see who and what I really am?)

The reason I mention this is because I thought of the dream as soon as I finished reading your post. During the dream I had feelings of boredom and discontentness. Like everything I was doing was effortless and lacking mystery and wonder.

It also got me thinking: if the truth is that we are all One and part of the Creator, perhaps the veil we have placed on ourselves cannot be lifted until we meet certain requirements. If time is an illusion, then it does not matter how long it takes. We will be here in this dimension until we have completed the tasks we set for ourselves.

[edit on 20/4/2010 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Northwarden

I am not so sure that you have any idea what you are talking about.

I mean. The comment sounded all angry, old man, snide intellectual and all.

And I congratulate you for that.

But it seems as though your comment might be better suited for the hoax section.

The OP appeared to be an opinion on THE most personal subject.

The only opinion that I see coming from you is that you are a very unhappy person.

[edit on 4/20/2010 by Josephus23]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Northwarden

You clearly missed the point. Arguing on this won't make a difference.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
This whole "spititual awakening" crap is so ancient thinking. Everyone here should take note from Christopher Hitchens. The chemical reactions that happen in our brains that are responsible for the creation of gods and "spirits" are nothing more than people trying to explain the science of life without the proper knowledge.

www.youtube.com...

If you are having a "spiritual high" you should seek help from a doctor. If you cannot find your place in reality then you must open yourself up to your enviroment and suroundings, and become aware of who you are, not what you think you might want to be.

The only creatures on this planet that think there is a god or spirit are human, All other animals live with the laws of nature, kill or be killed, only the strong survive, if you eliminate yourself from this proccess you become detached from the natural world and thus from each other.

And most of the planet think they are above the animals and trees, they have detached themselves from the planet with thier Iphones and fancy toys. Want to have a "spiritual high" go help someone who truly needs help, give a homeless person some cloths and food, help you neighbour paint that fence, get out into your community and show the people that we are all one.

To spend your days in seach of spirituality, or this "high" spoken of is to be a fool in search of thier own vain needs. What you need is all around you, and already inside of you, to be misguided is dangerous, to think some can reach a higher mental states is hogwash, we all have it. Its a muscle in your head called "the brain" The answers are within and around you, but there is no higher realm, only chemical highs, if you can tap into the reaction in your brain, anything is posible.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by humilisunus

Why? Because you can't perceive something with our 5 senses it doesn't exist? Our senses are very limited and to think we know everything based on what we perceive is utterly false. Animals have other senses in which we don't have. Snakes can read heat signatures, elephants can hear ultra-low frequencies, and etc.

Limited to five senses and we think we can perceive everything.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Its good to see we have so many enlightened beings here!

PS- I bet the dalai lama is a faker, since he is very charismatic!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join