It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spiritual Awakening- a taste of what it's like

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Josephus23

That's pretty wild!

Thanks for sharing.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Another charlatan...

First you say this:

Originally posted by Boypony
Whatever method is used does not matter- some will condemn individuals for using a discipline that does not fit thier belief system. You can bet that this person doing the judging will not reach the sacred goal! When it comes to something as important as this- ANY METHOD THAT WORKS should be praised and added to the repertoire!

And then you say this immediately after?

There is so much BS out there that many people are lost and don't even know where to begin. If there is alot of $$$ involved you can bet it's bogus. If there is a charismatic "leader" involved -bogus. If there is a need to study for years and years and learn a ton of steps? bogus.

Don't you see the irony?

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
We are spiritual beings having a human experience.

None of it is BS, just different.

There are many paths to take, some choose bumpy, some choose long, some choose religion, some choose anger and depression.

It's not about right or wrong, fast or slow, rich or poor, corrupt or saintly, it's about the experience.

What you speak of is people realizing that they are more than just their Ego's and physical body's.

There is so much BS out there that many people are lost and don't even know where to begin. If there is alot of $$$ involved you can bet it's bogus. If there is a charismatic "leader" involved -bogus. If there is a need to study for years and years and learn a ton of steps? bogus. If you have been searching your whole life, and have always been drawn to metaphysics- you are on the right path. Feel out various disciplines and try what you are attracted to! To Each His Own.

Awakening isn't supposed to be a ton of work! If you try to force it you will only push it away. Just ask your higher self to guide you in the right direction.....don't expect an exterior God or person to make it happen......it's all about YOU.

[edit on 20-4-2010 by Realtruth]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by EvolvedMinistry

You bet there is no going back!

The challenge is to walk in both worlds, with detached compassion.

I have nearly met that challenge, actually I believe I have. I can switch back and forth at will. Though it hasn't come without tons of bumps in the road!!

Mastery is being in the world, but not of the world.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
It seems like it would be hard to remain grounded in temporal life after an experience like that.

There are times when I feel close. I am striving to destroy my ego, to greet life as it comes, to serve others and love them.

I have read that it is necessary to step outside yourself and look back to try and understand your motivations and actions.

The several 'close' experiences I've had indicate to me that there is no hurry, and that most of what occurs in the temporal world is unimportant. It blows my mind to think about the fact that we are all one human family, both spiritually and literally (99% shared DNA with everyone in the world).

Some day it will happen I am sure, but until then I am content to observe and enjoy life. If nothing else this journey has helped me to shrug off many of the anxieties of temporal life and stop to smell the roses as it were.

Any advice would be appreciated!

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
S & F to the OP

"So you're God, huh? Yea Right. Now go get dressed for work you crazy ass!"

Man that is the funniest sh*t i have heard all week. ahahahaha

Way to evoke the truth of the duality of existance.

Excellent OP too... These are the threads that make me smile!

Peace

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I've been through your so-called spiritual awakening, but then I began to feel in myself that I'm not stupid enough to hold onto that idea and believe it like a faith. And oh, I cried, right to my mother while I regurgitated useless fiction and empty science about awakening to another reality of life.

Yeah, so now you're awake, and what? Are you going to be successful? Feed your family, house and clothe them? Or will you just feel better about yourself, be successful in your own head because somehow you've completed this "human mission of finding yourself".

How do you think you sound to normal people who haven't read about 2012, ascension (David Wilcock), mayan calendar dating i.e. Ian Lexgold(i believe I've misspelled the last name somehow)? These people haven't read about these wild ideas and won't be familiar with most, if any of this garbage unless they have a history in budhism, a hindu religion, or meditation. You sound like one of the homeless people we've all be told are crazy, holding signs about the end being nigh, giving up when they realize they'll be fed better by writing HUNGRY, FORMER SOLDIER, etc. I think about that each time I pass by one of these people, and I pat myself on the back for not buying too deep into the connections between metaphysics, meditation, and ascension, because it could have been me one day, trying to convince the world with moronic claims and insubstantial if any evidence.

OP mentioned something about living life on autopilot, or something to the like of this.
When you stop being in charge of your own life, of your free will and drive to accomplish, and give it up to some whim you think is guiding you, you've truly given up on yourself. For shame. And for shame that you're here to pass this trash to people that have had some kind of incident occur, read about said subjects, and are now buying into this idea as well.

Here's one last question from a former true believer. If you had not read these books, website pages, articles, or even ATS posts that give you that first idea about spiritual awakening, if you had not connected pieces together to make it all make sense to you, would you have ever come to this website to post this thread as you have, or would you have even thought that your "eye opening, jaw dropping, awakening" experience is that which you have titled it, a "Spiritual Awakening"?

Those that will awaken to any higher understanding of being will be those that do it in solitude without any prior knowledge or incentive to reach the goal of ascension. And since you my friend are here posting your "love" to us on ATS, I personally don't believe you've been through a spiritual awakening, because if you had, you'd be a millionaire right now for all the knowledge you could bring to this planet, all the understanding and the ability to make peace out of chaos, you'd be a messiah and give everything to charity while still banking billions. Either that or you'd be healing people right now with that quantum touch.

But no, you're here on ATS. Doing what exactly, I don't know. But good luck, and I love ya too bro!

"Peace(pass) and Light(it up)"

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
It's kind of funny... some of the most profound statements that I've heard lately were on the movie "Kung Fu Panda" by Master Oogway the turtle.

Sounds silly I know, but there is some truth there.

Shifu says, "Master I have bad news!"

Oogway answers, "Ah, Shifu. There is just news. There is no good or bad. "

--

"One often meets his destiny on the road he takes to avoid it. "

--

The panda is pondering quitting and returning to making noodles:

"Quit, don't quit? Noodles, don't noodles? You are too concerned about what was and what will be. There is a saying: yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the "present." "

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
This is my experience with the "Unified Field" or "Spiritual Awakening"...

Years ago, I used to hike in an area that I can best describe as a 'power spot'.
It was on some land that my cousin owns, wayyy out in the country.
There were small streams with waterfalls, steep rocky cliffs, and beautiful trees, shrubs and flowers all around. The place was truly magical.
Over a 10-15 year period, the place changed physically due to a draught, and then 2-3 years of far above normal rainfall. It's still there of course, but it's not the same. (It's so often the case that really cool things don't last.)

The place was teeming with wildlife. You could see fish swimming in the ponds... Frogs, salamanders and turtles sitting on the rocks, and raccoons foraging on the shore.... Deer, foxes, minks running around...Hawks, owls,
and many other birds lived there. Everywhere you looked you saw critters of some sort.

I had this experience twice while sitting and meditating on a rock. I entered into a state of absolute 'perfection', where I was gently taken into a 'current' of flowing energy. Here's where my experience differs from the OPs description: There was no emotional, tears-streaming-down-the-face moment of awakening. There were no emotions at all. There was no excitement...quite the opposite. It was simply a realization of things being in order, the way they should be.

I felt a nurturing, supportive energy, and somehow had a deep-seated sense of a fountain. Like I was experiencing the 'source' of it all. I walked away knowing that this perfect, almighty power is in control. It's just there, always. No awe-struck emotion, weeping for joy involved. In fact, the realization of it led me to the calmest state I have ever known.

I'm so fortunate to have experienced it. A divine gift?

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by JustStop

I don't understand the "drive to accomplish", "millionaire", and "successful" allusions.

What is the hurry to succeed in the material world? You will only die, and then success, money, and power have no meaning.

In my opinion free will is crucial. A person must use the gift of free will to decide what is most important in life.

I guess what I am saying is that no matter what path is chosen it will end in biological death. All of us will die, no matter how much money, success, food, power or influence we have.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
First of all, Thank you for this thread. I have been stalling for quite some time on becoming a member, but I had to respond to this.

Have you EVER in your WHOLE LIFE been dumbstruck with AWE? On your knees
with your mouth hanging open, eyes bugged out and unable to speak with tears streaming down your face? (Think Paul on the way to Damascus) And all you can think or say is OMFG!!!!!!!!!!! THIS is what a TRUE AWAKENING is REALLY like.

This is similar to my own experience with Kundalini. It is a recent development that I am trying to process. I did not know of Kundalini, nor did I try to awaken it through any certain discipline. It is just happening. Thankfully, I have been on this search (intellectually) for quite some time (my whole life, really). I am not sure how anyone close-minded could deal with it. I consider myself to be open to just about anything since I have always felt that life is really different than we are led to believe. I consider myself, as Terrence Mckenna would say, a neuronaut, and I have explored many levels of myself through various different means. I have had glimpses before, but this was different, WAY different. Completely sober and I experienced sensations and energy that I had never experienced before. I bounce back and forth between "is this psychosis or awakening?"
I cannot wholeheartedly accept my own conclusions yet. Questions are what led me to this experience so I feel that if I stop questioning, then I stop experiencing.
My point is...well...I know what I experienced is true, in the fact that is was tangible to me and for me. I completely understand what a Spiritual Awakening must feel like, but without having my experience, I wouldn't quite be able to get what you've posted. Until this happened, I might have just taken it for Spiritual Metaphor. While I certainly have no answers, I can completely relate to your experience. Where this path will lead me, I do not know. Is it for the best? I don't see how it couldn't be. Even if it's only Neural Misfirings, I can honestly say that I "felt" a connection to everything and I "sensed" we are all One. It isn't all groovy, though. Trying to incorporate this experience into my life is challenging, to put it mildly.
Enough of my ramblings. I will end with a quote from Buddha.

"Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it."

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by itsjustaride

I, myself, rely on the full lotus yoga position as it empties out the conceptual mind and activates the pineal gland third eye energy for internal light healing.

Full lotus is the standard body position for Eastern meditation but it's often neglected in the West because we are fixated on left brain dominance. The pineal gland transcends this left brain dominance.

I've done the Terrance McKenna path -- but will refrain from further discussion in lieu of being censored by TPTB.

Suffice it to say in alchemy -- from the Bushmen -- Pgymy culture and passed on from Ethiopia to Egypt and points eastward -- there is reliance on BODY transformation through harmonics.

If you can't sit in full lotus for 20 minutes -- qigong master Chunyi Lin says it's worth 4 hours of any other type of meditation -- then you can practice the "small universe" or "microcosmic orbit" exercise. It's the 12 notes of the music scale only as the "infinite spiral of fifths."

I posted on this already but will give my latest blog post link as it contains the same "small universe" primer connections.

naturalresonancerevolution.blogspot.com...

So you just sit in a chair with back straight -- relax and "listen" to the 12 notes of the music scale as the points along the outer body.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by postmeme
Another charlatan...

First you say this:

Whatever method is used does not matter- some will condemn individuals for using a discipline that does not fit thier belief system. You can bet that this person doing the judging will not reach the sacred goal! When it comes to something as important as this- ANY METHOD THAT WORKS should be praised and added to the repertoire!

And then you say this immediately after?

There is so much BS out there that many people are lost and don't even know where to begin. If there is alot of $$$ involved you can bet it's bogus. If there is a charismatic "leader" involved -bogus. If there is a need to study for years and years and learn a ton of steps? bogus.

Don't you see the irony?

Actually, I don't see the irony. However, I see exactly what you are probing for as a counter argument so that you can perpetuate adversity.

Here's the deal, he/she is not looking to argue with you. They are telling you that spirituality cannot be bought. If it comes by the way of an institution who's primary motive is to profit, then, it won't work.

However, the one place where I will disagree with the OP is this...sometimes it does take years and years to overcome enough fears to actually come out the other end. This is the reason why Monks will separate themselves from society entirely and practice for their entire lifetime. And sometimes, an entire lifetime is what spirituality can entail. For others, multiple lifetimes are needed in order to attain enlightenment. Not everyone's clock speed is the same as another. But, if you're lucky enough to find an actual "master," your time can be reduced considerably.

Much love to you, and to all...

[edit on 20-4-2010 by EvolvedMinistry]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by emsed1

I don't understand the "drive to accomplish", "millionaire", and "successful" allusions.

What is the hurry to succeed in the material world? You will only die, and then success, money, and power have no meaning.

In my opinion free will is crucial. A person must use the gift of free will to decide what is most important in life.

I guess what I am saying is that no matter what path is chosen it will end in biological death. All of us will die, no matter how much money, success, food, power or influence we have.

With saying "drive to accomplish", I was referring to the OP stating life can be lived on autopilot once you've awoken spiritually.

I'm going to try to look at what autopilot might mean from how the OP put it; Okay, so I'm just living through my day to day activities, going to the job - okay, whatever, I don't have to worry about anything, I don't even really have to think much at all, I can let my spirit guide me because I trust nothing will go wrong if I do so.

From my experience with this spiritual awakening bit, if you just let go and let your life live itself, you're losing the dynamic experience of life. Yes, intuition is great but you can't ever depend on it.

Why would there be a hurry to succeed in the world? Well, I don't know about you or the OP, but I'm 18 years old. I want to succeed. I've come to America as an immigrant and a refugee from Bosnia in 1994. I'm not going to watch my kids be house-keepers in hotels like my mom. I'm not going to work two jobs and still live pay-check to pay-check while my kids can't do homework because of an AOL internet connection. No, I'm not, I'm going to succeed because I have the drive to do it and the intellectual capabilities as well.

On the other hand, if you prefer to sit back and watch the world pass you by, that may be your preference. Maybe you're financially secure and have the luxury of sitting on the ol' ass and ascending, go for it brotha and peace be upon.

All of us do die in the end. The way I see it, if you're sure you're going to some 4-D Astral Plane afterwards, perhaps you've read the book of Ra, then go ahead and die. I mean, what's the point of being here anymore if you've reached the peak of human evolution in the middle of your lifetime. After ascending, you should love all of humanity equally, not favoring even your family, because now you're truly an evolved light being. You can go straight to the 4-D plane now, all it takes is a butcher knife, the bathroom tub, and slow trip across your throat. I'd know, my girlfriend's brother did it last year in her bathroom.

But I'll bet all the ascending beings and star, indigo children on the world wouldn't wager their lives on their beliefs even though they are 100% sure of what happened, especially after reading the OP because, god damn, our stories relate.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   

The experience you're talking about, awakening but without connecting to your source/self is not awakening. Once you connect and experience that connection and answers, tests, lessons, guidance, miracles even, synchronicities and even contact, there is no going back, only forward. In fact if you had experienced your Future/Higher Self, who has walked this path you're on and knows the steps that are coming, then there would be no walking away from who you are, nudges and an inner PUSH to continue, and memories coming, the matrix slipping.

This is the final exam question, and once we're ready, the teacher (Ourselves!) arrives.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99

The experience you're talking about, awakening but without connecting to your source/self is not awakening. Once you connect and experience that connection and answers, tests, lessons, guidance, miracles even, synchronicities and even contact, there is no going back, only forward. In fact if you had experienced your Future/Higher Self, who has walked this path you're on and knows the steps that are coming, then there would be no walking away from who you are, nudges and an inner PUSH to continue, and memories coming, the matrix slipping.

This is the final exam question, and once we're ready, the teacher (Ourselves!) arrives.

edit: I appologize, buy i posted just the quote without my reply, I'll try to be prompt about it. Thanks.

awaiting edit 2: I've seen you around Unity. You're not a bad writer and I like the way you put some ideas together.

So, if I'm awakened and connected to my higher self, who has already walked these steps I'm walking. So, currently, I'm in college and I plan to be a physical therapist. I can decide tomorrow that I want to be a drug dealer or a terrorist. Has my future/higher self already been there? Have I been a drug dealer or a terrorist? Will I be one? Am I attracting the manifestation of the event by thinking about? I don't know, and I'm not going to write about something I don't know.

What I do know, is that the higher self can not have already walked in my footsteps because I can choose to make a left or a right wherever I want, and if he's already been there, then someone (my future self) is imposing on my free will to create whatever future I want. Or is he supposed to have already lived whatever future I have already chosen? What I'm trying to get at, is that by saying my future self has walked my footsteps already, that means I lose my free will to create my own future. See how this information can be so... how do I call it, "dirty"?

I like how you put your last sentence together, a little nudge toward poetry there.

[edit on 20-4-2010 by JustStop]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   

I find quite a bit of wisdom in your post, and think that no matter what, you're on a great path in your future. However, you're under the illusion that this monetary system that we have will last forever. It won't. I think that the past 2-3 years should have taught us that. For those of us looking for more than a dollar bill to define our meanings in the material, there's no reason to over achieve. I leave that for the power hungry and the spiritually deceived (they're one in the same). Eventually, that illusion will fall to the ground and many will panic as a result.

Regardless, you're intelligent and attempting to understand things around you. For that, I give a thumbs up.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I simply have to laugh at all the people getting offended at this post. Thinking of yourself as a god has nothing to do with the NWO or any other # like that. You haters are taking his meaning out of context. I suggest you take some of his advice and open your mind a little and just maybe you will see a glimmer of light. It is easy to see that people who criticize this subject have emotions full of bitterness, anger, and many other emotions what will only take you further from your spirituality.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Boypony

Spoken like one who has SEEN! Those were great pointers. I had a small awakening once, not a road to Damascus experience but more like a mini-taste. It happened while I was taking a crap.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvolvedMinistry

I find quite a bit of wisdom in your post, and think that no matter what, you're on a great path in your future. However, you're under the illusion that this monetary system that we have will last forever. It won't. I think that the past 2-3 years should have taught us that. For those of us looking for more than a dollar bill to define our meanings in the material, there's no reason to over achieve. I leave that for the power hungry and the spiritually deceived (they're one in the same). Eventually, that illusion will fall to the ground and many will panic as a result.

Regardless, you're intelligent and attempting to understand things around you. For that, I give a thumbs up.

Thank you very much for the uplifting words buddy.

The thing about the current monetary system. I've been lurking around ATS enough to have read a lot of things to make me think this system is coming to an end. But the way I see it, it's like waiting for disclosure on the UFO front. Yeah, you know something is going on behind the scenes, we're not getting all of the information. Some of it slips up on the web, but when can you really trust whatever you're reading on the internet?

Yeah, the system is broken. But what can you do? Wait until something happens, until it completely crumbles and then what? And then WHAT?

Is there going to be a new order of society put in place? Whose going to put it? If you live in a city in the United States, you know what chaos will mean for your family. There's no going outside, there's no law, no order. Just hundreds, thousands of people fending for themselves in fear. That's what you're looking at when this system breaks. I don't know about you, but I'll live in the #ty system I'm in, and I'll make the best of it because that's all I can do. I can't sit back an wait for somebody to fix it for me, because no one will. I'll be the first to make peace in any argument, I'll apologize and acknowledge when I'm wrong.

Power hungry and driving to succeed are very different, and I'm sure you know that already.

edit: I read over your post and wanted to add one more thing.

"For those of us looking for more than a dollar bill to define our meanings in the material, there's no reason to over achieve."

I don't need a dollar bill to define what I'm worth. The people I love define what I'm worth. If I ever treat them wrong, say something I'm regretting, I know exactly how much I'm worth, I'm worth that brown turd swimming in the bowl. When I go home and sit down with my dad, watch some soccer and spend time with him doing something he enjoys to relax with, I feel good, I can't put a price on how good that feels. Or when I was a senior in HS, and I wrote a poem for my mother in a creative writing class, one that has been taught this year to the incoming class as an example. My mom framed that poem, and it wasn't too bad of a piece. Well, these are the kinda things that make me feel worth something, being able to make people i love smile and laugh. The kind of AWE that I feel from certain moments of being alive are more inspirational than meditating on my higher self.

I've heard something nice on this site before, something along the lines of: The gifted simply suffer from sensory overload. This one struck a chord, because some little things can mean so much if you know how to think about them.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join