It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spiritual Awakening- a taste of what it's like

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Boypony

Buddhist parable of the lute :

Once the Blessed One lived near Rajagaha, on Vulture Peak . At the same time while the venerable Sona lived alone and secluded in the Cool Forest , this thought occurred to him:
"Of those disciples of the Blessed One who are energetic, I am one. Yet, my mind has not found freedom."

Now the Blessed One, perceiving in his own mind the venerable Sona's thoughts, left Vulture Peak , and, as speedily as a strong man might stretch his arm or bend his stretched arm, he appeared in the Cool Forest before the venerable Sona. And he said to the venerable Sona: "Sona, did not this thought arise in your mind: 'Of those disciples of the Blessed One who are energetic, I am one. Yet, my mind has not found freedom.'"
"Yes, Lord."
"Tell me, Sona, in earlier days were you not skilled in playing string music on a lute?"
"Yes, Lord."
"And tell me, Sona, when the strings of your lute were too taut, was then your lute tuneful and easily playable?"
"Certainly not, O Lord."
And when the strings of your lute were too loose, was then you lute tuneful and easily playable?"
"Certainly not, O Lord."
"But when, Sona, the strings of your lute were neither too taut nor too loose, but adjusted to an even pitch, did your lute then have a wonderful sound and was it easily playable?"
"Certainly, O Lord."
"Similarly, Sona, if energy is applied too strongly it will lead to restlessness, and if energy is too lax it will lead to lassitude. Therefore, Sona, keep your energy in balance and balance the Spiritual Faculties and in this way focus your attention."

Just thought I would share, its beautiful and so true, too much and the string breaks, to little it will not play. Such is faith.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Absolutely Fantastic thread OP!!!

And, your replys to the naysayers are SPOT ON!

I wouldn't trade my awakening for all the riches in the world even ten fold.

Thanks much OP for this thread - it was just what I needed this morning.

Peace!

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by humilisunus

Science is another religion, and I myself am considered a scientist.

Because NOTHING in the world is 100%.

You can thank quantum mechanics for that.

Science is simply a statement of the most current educated guess, which happens to be in the job of refining and refuting many of its previous best guesses.

We may have subjective experiences in the mind that can be localized and traced through the fMRI's of patients with epilepsy, but that does not make the experience anything less than what the individual perceives it.

Metaphors cannot, in any way, be wrong, but only misunderstood.

For a human to claim that there is "no God" is the most arrogant of all opinions.

Why?

Because you are basing this on a limited amount of evidence.

When we actually figure out EVERYTHING, then come talk to me.

Until then, your comments are based upon extremely limited speculation.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by jeanvaljean
reply to post by SpaceGoatsFarts

Hi SpaceGoatsFarts.

Hi to you Jean Valjean !

I'm like you, just an humble student. The learning never stops and I'm glad it's like that ! How boring would it be if it wasn't the case

Peace and all the very best to you

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Namaste to all!
I am amazed and happy for the wonderful discussions my thread has started. Thanks to all of you!

Someone spoke of their "difficult"" awakening experience.....I can totally sympathize. Awakenings come in stages....The initial experience (the dumbstruck with AWE part) lasted an hour or so.

That was and still is the most intense experience I have ever had, at least in this Reality. This was the " I am God! section of the awakening. For weeks afterward I bounced between the truth in my soul and the needling of the childish Ego saying I was insane. I went out and bought beautiful art to redecorate my home in a pale shadow of how I knew it REALLY was. I almost closed my business of 25 years. My family was very concerned for me. It was a very lonely time...I mean who can you talk to that won't think you've lost it??

When the Glory of the Awakening passes a person can get very depressed.....you want to go BACK! You have seen your true nature, been to your true HOME....yet you find yourself back in 3D reality. I wonder how many Awakenings lead to thoughts of ending the physical part of life? It takes a strong spirit to deal with all of it.

What's it like to be God?
Wow. That's a tough one. Imagine the happiest moment in your life......now multiply it times infinity. It's so unbelievably cool. The WHOLE WORLD OPENS UP INTO LIGHT AND LOVE AND ULTIMATE HAPPINESS. You may ask "Well if you're God why not do a miracle or something???" I used to think that too.......but in the moment when you are God and EVERYTHING IS EXACTLY PERFECT as it is.....Why do you need miracles? YOU ARE A MIRACLE! It's kindof a paradox I guess. All you want to do is just be God! Its a giant ball of fun, love, and expanded awareness. And you KNOW that you are finally HOME like after a long stay with the inlaws...or prison...and it just plain feels so incredibly good.

I don't understand why this doesn't happen to everyone... What a head trip it was at first. The Ego tries it's damndest to stay in control of the ship...."So you're God, huh? Yea Right. Now go get dressed for work you crazy ass!" But as time goes by time even that hardassed Ego has started to accept what is real. So to any of you who may be having the "quickening" happen,don't give up. Don't freak out. You're NOT CRAZY. In fact you are the most sane you have ever been in your life. Grab the Golden Ring. The prize is worth every second of work that it takes to win it.

Remember, you were born with everything and all the knowledge needed to let you reach the Goal.

Our purpose is not so much to learn..., but to REMEMBER. All the music, books and movies that you love were written by none other than yourself. We put the paper bag of forget on our own head as a game to play. The goal is only to wake up and remember who we REALLY ARE before our body "dies" in this physical reality. I'm guessing that once a person awakens and remembers that they are God that they no longer need to re-incarnate.... into the 3rd dimension anyway!

Oh..one more thing- my method of choice is through Lucid Dreaming....I basically became lucid and programmed my own Awakening. Some will say "Oh, it was just a dream!" ...but who's to say you aren't dreaming right now? It's ALL in YOUR MIND. YOU ARE REALITY ITSELF.

Namaste!
-Boypony

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by 911stinks

Originally posted by Boypony

Have you EVER in your WHOLE LIFE been dumbstruck with AWE? On your knees
with your mouth hanging open, eyes bugged out and unable to speak with tears streaming down your face? (Think Paul on the way to Damascus) And all you can think or say is OMFG!!!!!!!!!!! THIS is what a TRUE AWAKENING is REALLY like.

Yes!

I was in a bad situation, ready to give up on life, when I made a promise, that if He helped me out, I would dedicate my life to seeking Him.

Directly after that, a serious of consequences happened that got me out of what seemed like an unreturnable situation.

About a year later, I kept my promise, and opened the bible. Within two months, I had my on the knees, tears streaming from joy experience.

I've never looked back, and my life will never be the same, thank God!

Great thread!
huh?

To the naysayers or church people that are sure I will burn in Hell- (bless your hearts I love you all!) I have a Big Question for you-

[edit on 20-4-2010 by reject]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
BoyPony-

You think this is a good thing? It sucks to wake spirtually besides you left out somethings that happen when you awaken spirtually. I am not going into the detail because if I do unknowns will attack me mentally and it is not enlightening. I have to be all nice or and type nice things or "they" "attack" me mentally.

I get what you are saying but if you are not happy with the answer due to lack of information and have been a freak your whole life and tried to stay away from people as much as possible then you awaken and are forced to act like everything is okay.... this is not great and enlightening it just hasten death via things seen without help and America and the world hate helping people like me. So if I could go back I would not have been doing what I did growing up then I would be able to stay oblivious to all the things I learnede and I can't now.

Of course this may have been the reason I felt like crap my whole life in the first place, I guess my "line"/"fate" was cursed from the time that I was ever thought to be blunk into exsistance.

I love but I fear the love that is due to experience, a thing that is set in stone. broke.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Boypony

I just wanted to throw in a little tale concerning my "awakening".

I was walking down a part of the beginning of the Appalachian Trail at Amicalola Falls when I was completely bathed in white light.

COMPLETELY.

The next I knew, my friends had carried me to our van where I remained in the fetal position for 8 hours speaking in what can only be called "tongues".

I saw myself leave my body and I am not sure where I went, but it was both the most enlightening and frightening experience that I have EVER had.

I cried about it for DAYS afterward, and I have never been the same since.

I see things that most other don't. Patterns mostly.

I used to consider it a curse, but now I see it as a gift that is difficult to control.

This is happening people. Read Philip Dick. He had the same thing happen to him. So did Saul on the road to Damascus.

My best advice is to get ready, because it is coming, that is soooooo for sure.

Great thread.

-Namaste-

Josephus the Historian.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by humilisunus
Want to have a "spiritual high" go help someone who truly needs help, give a homeless person some cloths and food, help you neighbour paint that fence, get out into your community and show the people that we are all one.

You score a point. But some people (like me) are so much poised in their view of the world, analysing it with the cold mind of a scientist, almost cynical, that a good kick in the butt is sometimes required. I'm an engineer working with particle accelerators. So I believe I think like you ; science is my religion. But now I can guarantee you there is still a bit of magic left in this world.

I'm telling you ; I don't care if what I experienced was a chemical rush from the leftovers of the various substances I abused, if it was my guardian angel telling me to move my butt and do something, or if it was Jesus asking me to follow Him.

What I know is that I received that kick in the butt, and since then I have hope in men again. I see the world in color again. I'm able to love again and I want to use that energy to help others. Not to help them spiritualy, just to help them enjoy their lifes.

I hope that this shows you that that "spiritual high" isn't always a fool's search... Furthermore I wasn't searching for "that", and I'm not searching for it again. It just happened.

Peace

[edit on 20-4-2010 by SpaceGoatsFarts]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Boypony

Thanks for the nice comment

It's great to read your responses to your opposers.....

Ridicule for speaking truth is an age old form of defense. These ones are so deep ‘inside the box’ that vilifying serves as their only sense of self-protection. I send them love, light and the holon of balance... which they may use or refuse!

Keep up your awesome replies ... your light is shining so brightly!

[edit on 20-4-2010 by blujay]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Boypony

I agree with 98% of what you have to say.

I still believe that there is an external/internal intelligence though that far supersedes the intellect of one person who has awakened. Creation existed before you and it will be there after you, therefore, you can assume that you are a NODE on God's vast internet thereby making you a piece of the puzzle, but, you can't assume that you are the master creator or controller...because, YOU'RE NOT. Existence was there from the beginning, if there ever was a beginning. And although we've existed over and over, it only makes you a co-creator.

Here's my theory. God grants you to be the king, or the God of your own Universe, but, it still must be in harmony with God's in order for the awakening process to unveil itself fully. Otherwise, making a God of oneself when it lacks harmony is a path to the dark side.

That's my two cents.

Much love to all...

[edit on 20-4-2010 by EvolvedMinistry]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   

When the Glory of the Awakening passes a person can get very depressed.....you want to go BACK! You have seen your true nature, been to your true HOME....yet you find yourself back in 3D reality. I wonder how many Awakenings lead to thoughts of ending the physical part of life? It takes a strong spirit to deal with all of it.

Hi Boypony,

Great thread !

Regarding what you are saying above, I believe it is called "the dark night of the soul".

It's a term both christians and occultists are using. Tells you a lot about it's validity IMHO. Yes that part is hard because you have to learn again that this life is a fantastic gift, and that you should do everything you can to make it worthwile !

Even if life looks like an illusion after the beauty of the "awakening", learning to enjoy it again is really the teaching of this very "awakening", and in my regard, much more important !

Peace

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   

I have also heard the "Dark Night of the Soul" called...

"Chapel Perilous"

Either way.... the metaphors still convey the same basic message.

Meeting "God"(self, whatever....)

Will either be TOTAL ENLIGHTENMENT or COMPLETE FEAR.

There can be no in between.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

In infinity there cannot be One, but Many In ONe, with each of us, our lives like a roll of film stretched infinitely in both directions. We are profoundly equal Family of Light, because potentially we are all equal at one point where one point is meanignless as it is ahead, where there is no ahead or behind, so stand in the eternal now, in the middle of infinity and that potential is recognized as equality and we are very much on fire with love for each other.

Duality only exists in the structure of this infinite/multiverse/school, not in soul. This is an error many are making, for Light feel great sorrow in darkness, when it realizes who it is, but progression is eternal, and in the great beyond we are ALL there. But for some, this can be seemingly almost forever, a kazillion trillion years.

We must all come into the foundation at least once to make it real, and its the hardest test one where we strive to remember and discover who we are in source, and as self shine love and unity and equality, yearning strongly for a world without starvation, war, homelessness, cruetly, to others or nature, or slavery. When we connect to our Future Self, where there is no future or past in no time,we have the help we need to get through.

Those mismanaging this duality, have connections and ties to those whishing to be masters of the universe, but in reality they are not = to Higher Self, in the Beyond, the Designer/Programmers of this universe school, the Many In One.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Spiritual Awakening- a taste of what it's like?

Truly a bitter pill to swallow. Bullsh1t never tasted good.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   

reply to post by Simply J

SimplyJ:
Thank You. That means alot to me.
One thing I need to mention....I don't walk around on a cloud of enlightenment....most awakenings are fleeting and very intense for anything from a few seconds to a few days, and then fade back into your consciousness. BUT they are NEVER forgotten and it is possible to have repeat "peak experiences" for the rest of your life. You are correct in saying that the place to search is within yourself....and that greatness lies within. Just Relax into it. Stop Thinking! Just BE.

Namaste!
-Boypony

Interesting, because my glimpses are completely over. I am full out in this particular reality, therefore, looking back over into the veil is often disenchanting. I've learned how to turn on and off my abilities to stay connected and still relate to those who have not figured this out yet.

Once you really cross over, there is no going back.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Josephus23

I have also heard the "Dark Night of the Soul" called...

"Chapel Perilous"

Either way.... the metaphors still convey the same basic message.

Meeting "God"(self, whatever....)

Will either be TOTAL ENLIGHTENMENT or COMPLETE FEAR.

There can be no in between.

Chapel perilous is an occult term coined by the late writer and a philosopher Robert Anton Wilson (b. 1932 - d. 2007). It refers to a certain psychological state, where the researcher or student cannot be certain if he has been aided by some outside force or if it was a product of his own imagination. Which, according to Wilson, leads the subject into being either stone paranoid or being an agnostic. In his opinion there is no third way.

Good info ! Just what I experienced. Yes it wasn't easy. Fear stalked me during the 2 weeks of hallucinations due to sleep deprivation. Some simple pictures or people had the look of "demons". I was living a nightmare. Talk about a change after the bliss of the "awakening"

But I had to learn to accept it as part of me, and fear finally left me. Now I have to say that it's something I don't miss

[edit on 20-4-2010 by SpaceGoatsFarts]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Boypony

My friend. I'm with you. You have 40 years searching... i think we are the same age, mor or less.

I disagree with you in a few points:
1) "There some lucky ones that sudendly awake". There is no such thing. Anybody has a diferent momentum. You give me the reason when you said "we are ethernal souls". There are no "past lifes". Life is one and ethernal. But you can come to this earth (or any school planet) many times. This time you had to do a different job before remember. The question is: and now?.
2) You are angry when somebody mocks you. It is irrelevant. Your sharing is a beautifull action and is very util to many people, even for those to try to "debunk" you. Remember: you go to the gym to rice weit thinks that makes you stronger.
3) I understood that you feel as it was an unique experience that happens to you. Thats wrong. That experience is a symptom that your are fully awakening. When this happens, you'll be ready to use the abilities that comes with that condition. Surely you've had a sample of them.
4) Let me think what other... ;-)

My friend, your message have been received. I want to give you a phrase I learned in my training: "My purpose is to transform the way we live, transforming the way we feel, with a transformation of the way i think".

I'd love you to sign in GAIA SOULS and complete copy your story. I am just a user, but I'm sure everyone will welcome.

"Live long and prosper".

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

In infinity there cannot be One, but Many In ONe, with each of us, our lives like a roll of film stretched infinitely in both directions. We are profoundly equal Family of Light, because potentially we are all equal at one point where one point is meanignless as it is ahead, where there is no ahead or behind, so stand in the eternal now, in the middle of infinity and that potential is recognized as equality and we are very much on fire with love for each other.

Duality only exists in the structure of this infinite/multiverse/school, not in soul. This is an error many are making, for Light feel great sorrow in darkness, when it realizes who it is, but progression is eternal, and in the great beyond we are ALL there. But for some, this can be seemingly almost forever, a kazillion trillion years.

We must all come into the foundation at least once to make it real, and its the hardest test one where we strive to remember and discover who we are in source, and as self shine love and unity and equality, yearning strongly for a world without starvation, war, homelessness, cruetly, to others or nature, or slavery. When we connect to our Future Self, where there is no future or past in no time,we have the help we need to get through.

Those mismanaging this duality, have connections and ties to those whishing to be masters of the universe, but in reality they are not = to Higher Self, in the Beyond, the Designer/Programmers of this universe school, the Many In One.

Your post is the closest to the truth as any that I have seen on all of the threads that I have been on.

Nice to meet another being of enlightenment and evolution.

star from me.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Beautiful. Another person has made it out from the other side. I love to hear it. I checked your post and found that you have been through the fire. I intentionally went through the fire for about 2 years.

I experienced insomnia, madness, isolation, anger, pain, hatred, truth, lies, and everything else under the sun that is associated. In the end, I wouldn't trade those experiences for all of the printed money in the world.

I now have a few apprentices that I train and I'm able to bring them out the other end without all of the nonsense attached. Once one person goes through, they can share their experiences without all of the added heartache that goes along with attaining enlightenment. I get to show them everything that works, and nothing that does not. So, I essentially act as a guide and help them through any hardships that they may have.

Its good to see others are attempting to break through.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join