It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spiritual Awakening- a taste of what it's like

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+75 more 
posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Spiritual Awakening can happen in many different ways.....some lucky ones awaken spontaneously. Some after years of meditation. Some through the use of Sensory Deprivation, chanting, binaural beats, lucid dreaming, astral projection, dancing, drumming, or with the aid of sacred plant medicines like the Indians of N & S America.

Whatever method is used does not matter- some will condemn individuals for using a discipline that does not fit thier belief system. You can bet that this person doing the judging will not reach the sacred goal! When it comes to something as important as this- ANY METHOD THAT WORKS should be praised and added to the repertoire!

There is so much BS out there that many people are lost and don't even know where to begin. If there is alot of $$$ involved you can bet it's bogus. If there is a charismatic "leader" involved -bogus. If there is a need to study for years and years and learn a ton of steps? bogus. If you have been searching your whole life, and have always been drawn to metaphysics- you are on the right path. Feel out various disciplines and try what you are attracted to! To Each His Own.

Awakening isn't supposed to be a ton of work! If you try to force it you will only push it away. Just ask your higher self to guide you in the right direction.....don't expect an exterior God or person to make it happen......it's all about YOU.

Because in reality YOU are all that there is.

To the naysayers or church people that are sure I will burn in Hell- (bless your hearts I love you all!) I have a Big Question for you-

Have you EVER in your WHOLE LIFE been dumbstruck with AWE? On your knees
with your mouth hanging open, eyes bugged out and unable to speak with tears streaming down your face? (Think Paul on the way to Damascus) And all you can think or say is OMFG!!!!!!!!!!! THIS is what a TRUE AWAKENING is REALLY like.

There is NO DOUBT of what has happened.....in case you think "maybe that meditation experience was kindof an enlightenment?" Yea, well WRONG. If IT happens....You will KNOW exactly what it is. You will never be the same. Many who awaken will have a very hard time re-integrating into "normal life"

Because the truth has been revealed. Reality itself is forever changed. You have AWOKEN. And You REMEMBER. You remember WHO YOU REALLY ARE.
You feel like you have come HOME!......to your TRUE home, not this plastic fake reality you plow through every day. And it is SO BEAUTIFUL. SO BLISSFUL. SO WONDERFUL BEYOND ANY HUMAN EXPRESSION.

And you REALIZE..AND KNOW w/o any doubt....that YOU ARE GOD. And for the rest of this human life, you are on "cruise control"...because you have awoke...you have won the game. The search is finally over.

THIS is what Awakening is REALLY LIKE.

Thanks for listening- hope this helps someone.

Namaste-
-Boypony

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   

There is so much BS out there that many people are lost and don't even know where to begin. If there is alot of $$$ involved you can bet it's bogus.

- charity events are not evil, yet this involves money
- books cost money, is it wrong to pay for them?
- knowledge is sometimes good term for money, and one has to evaluate if they agree with the price. People need money to live, and some can make a living as a knowledgeable speaker, a diplomat, a translator, business advisor, etc.

If there is a charismatic "leader" involved -bogus.

...ah, okay. You need a grating, angry person then? Looks like a dividing label people. What a ridiculous criteria to judge someone by!

If there is a need to study for years and years and learn a ton of steps? bogus.

- research and study into anything is beneficial and takes time to accomplish
- people become masters of trades by apprenticeships
- the more you know about a topic, the greater the options open, and the more competant the individual will be to speak

If you have been searching your whole life, and have always been drawn to metaphysics- you are on the right path. Feel out various disciplines and try what you are attracted to! To Each His Own.

Er, yup. If you came to that conclusion after such a cut-throat elimination method, I guess you have something chopped to size already!

+6 more 
posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Great stuff.

It's amazing how some people can get angry about posts like these.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
when this light came over me every single muscle in my body flexed to its limit is this usual!!!!

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   

And you REALIZE..AND KNOW w/o any doubt....that YOU ARE GOD. And for the rest of this human life, you are on "cruise control"...because you have awoke...you have won the game. The search is finally over.

Yeah, great stuff.
I'm saddened to see people trying to consider themselves as God. I think it speaks volumes on how successful the nwo just might be yet. If you're a GOD on cruise control, then it better be perfect words and advice you're giving or else it deserves some questioning! The bigger the claim, the longer the measure.

[edit on 19-4-2010 by Northwarden]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I have to applaud you a thousand fold~

That has got to be the best post I have ever read on ATS.

And ya know what else?

NOTHING, YET EVERYTHING CHANGES.

The DUMBSTRUCK AWE will bring you to your knees with tears and at the same time take you as HIGH as you've EVER BEEN.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Boypony

Fantastic post Boypony, you have it right, ignore the naysayers, we all have the abililty to wake up and know the truth.

S&F

+27 more 
posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Northwarden

As long as you look to the sky for an external God, you will never find him. As Christ himself said The kingdom of Heaven lies within. And if Heaven is within yourself- don't you think God might be there too?

Why are so many insulted by the idea that we all are God? I guess you must get past the brainwashing of the Church before you can understand. But this has been taught for all of recorded history! But until a person awakens they may feel guilty or blasphemous. I understand. And I love you and respect your opinions!

There is no Hell except the one you create by your thoughts and deeds on this Earth. We signed up for this 80 year cruise of forget to learn lessons like humility and what its like to walk in another's shoes. We (as God) agreed to drop a veil of forgetfulness upon ourselves as we entered this dimension. But the 80 or so years here are like a drop in the ocean....literally a blink of our God-selves eye.

We have been been alive FOREVER playing this game......All the world's a stage and we are merely players. We drop down into this lower dimension as a game......the Game of Remembering who We Really Are. Because winning the game (Remembering that you are God) is about the most fun game there ever could be, dont ya think? If we never forgot, we could never have the utter AWE and JOY of Remembering.

How anyone can poo-poo away the most incredible experience of my life I don't understand. If I was offered all the gold on Earth in exchange for my Awakening I would laugh & laugh as I turned it down. ANYTHING in this dimension is a pale shadow of what we REALLY ARE and can experience. Don't you understand? This is the reason you are "here"!

Why did you click on this thread? To ridicule? Or maybe your true self guided you here for a reason. I tried to make it as simple as possible. I'm not some tinfoil hat whack-job. I don't want any praise or followers. After 40 plus years of seeking for SOMETHING.....I was blessed to find. And in all my seeking, there have been a precious few who "got it right".

The quantum physcicists are freaking out because the deeper they go to find "matter", the less they find. They are chasing ghosts....and admit that electrons are "smeared out" like waves and only collapse when observed by a consciousness! For God's (ha) sake think about this! Our consciousness is creating Reality on the fly.

Our consciousness creates the lattice that "matter" forms around. Without this consciousness, there is NO REALITY to speak of. If that's not "being God"....what is?

Namaste-
-Boypony

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I have said it before: "Ultimately, you have but one master, yourself". When you have no doubt that you are your own master, and that no authority is above you, then your consciousness level is on the rise. One of the most difficult thing for an ego to accomplish is to get rid of any kind of manipulation or influence. This is not an easy task for there are many kinds of manipulation out there, some from visible realms, and others from invisible realms of reality. When you know, without doubt that you are in fact, a multi-dimensional being, you start to see the game of life in a very different way.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   

As long as you look to the sky for an external God, you will never find him. As Christ himself said The kingdom of Heaven lies within. And if Heaven is within yourself- don't you think God might be there too?

Yes, I'm well aware. I've said "the revolution is within" on these boards several times.

Why are so many insulted by the idea that we all are God? I guess you must get past the brainwashing of the Church before you can understand. But this has been taught for all of recorded history! But until a person awakens they may feel guilty or blasphemous. I understand. And I love you and respect your opinions!

I for one am not "brainwashed", I'm well-researched and try to be of an understanding nature. Without laws or rules, we have no recognition of a crime. Without the recognition of what a crime is, or its apprehension, there can be no justice. Without justice you have lawlessness and rebelliousness. It may foolish to overspeak on "rules", "crimes", and "guilt" and point out the importance of them in our lives, and for society, when the other person speaks on "guilt-free" and "endless love". This is needed to balance the equation however, and it defies the ability to attain "endless love" without an environment of harmony brought about by some rules. We are not "gods", we are humans, each with their talents, experiences, and traits, but remaining in mortal bodies. Our souls are not "gods" either, they were formed by other than ourselves, and will return to the other than ourselves.

There is no Hell except the one you create by your thoughts and deeds on this Earth. We signed up for this 80 year cruise of forget to learn lessons like humility and what its like to walk in another's shoes. We (as God) agreed to drop a veil of forgetfulness upon ourselves as we entered this dimension. But the 80 or so years here are like a drop in the ocean....literally a blink of our God-selves eye.

That just doesn't brainwash me.

We have been been alive FOREVER playing this game......All the world's a stage and we are merely players. We drop down into this lower dimension as a game......the Game of Remembering who We Really Are. Because winning the game (Remembering that you are God) is about the most fun game there ever could be, dont ya think? If we never forgot, we could never have the utter AWE and JOY of Remembering.

Life is about hedonism, not working too hard, playing games, winning the game, and figuring it out from these as base values? That's just corporate bs they feed to us to sell products. Every lottery has it's winners, but most are losers, according to society. The lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life sum up the world rather well.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
There's a special training for spiritual awakening. I just posted the answer on another thread -- hold on:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 19-4-2010 by drew hempel]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
good post.

we each walk a path.
only we walk That path, no one else.
but All paths are side by side.
even if some are far longer.

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Northwarden

quote from Northwarden:
"I for one am not "brainwashed", I'm well-researched and try to be of an understanding nature. Without laws or rules, we have no recognition of a crime. Without the recognition of what a crime is, or its apprehension, there can be no justice. Without justice you have lawlessness and rebelliousness. It may foolish to overspeak on "rules", "crimes", and "guilt" and point out the importance of them in our lives, and for society, when the other person speaks on "guilt-free" and "endless love". This is needed to balance the equation however, and it defies the ability to attain "endless love" without an environment of harmony brought about by some rules."

Uhhhh...What????? How did rules, crime and guilt surface in a thread about awakening? Or ""endless love"??? Please stick to the topic at hand...and i thought this forum was "If you can't say anything nice keep quiet"? And I'm sorry, but as long as you still see justice, guilt, etc.....? You are fully ensnared in the 3D illusion. Maybe someday you will see past this stuff.

As for your later comments.....Of course we are humans! But there is no such thing as ""mortality". "Death" is nothing more than a step into the next room and into the next dimension. But we also are multi-dimensional powerful spiritual beings! And our "souls" were NOT formed by "other than ourselves"! Our souls have been in existence FOREVER. There was NO BEGINNING and there is NO END. Like a fractal our existence is infinite into the macro and into the micro.

Anywayyyy......there is no toughr nut to crack than one with "strong religious beliefs" and I really don''t care to argue. I started this thread to hopefully help a few folks on their path, not to defend the most important thing in my life. If you started a thread describing how Jesus came to you in the night- trust me I would not ridicule, but congratulate you on a wonderful spiritual experience!

Or as the kids say- "Don''t harsh my buzz, dude!"

Namaste!!!! (The God in Me greets the God in You)
-Boypony

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
To the OP ... thank you for this post. I had three different expieriences that I badly desire. An immense feeling of hope and positivity ... the ability to suceed at whatever I chose to. An abundance of accomplishment and how it is so simple to achieve. These feelings I had were short lived. If anything, I had a glimpse at some sort of awakening. I have spent almost a year to try and rectify this feelings and am slowly coming to an understanding. I have been searching in the wrong places. The only way to find this ... is through my own self, as you have stated.

Tonight I thank you for your words of wisdom. Perhaps you have sparked the greatness that has been dormant within me.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Simply J

SimplyJ:
Thank You. That means alot to me.
One thing I need to mention....I don't walk around on a cloud of enlightenment....most awakenings are fleeting and very intense for anything from a few seconds to a few days, and then fade back into your consciousness. BUT they are NEVER forgotten and it is possible to have repeat "peak experiences" for the rest of your life. You are correct in saying that the place to search is within yourself....and that greatness lies within. Just Relax into it. Stop Thinking! Just BE.

Namaste!
-Boypony

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by blujay

blujay-
Thank You.
I have followed other threads you have contributed greatly to- your encouragement is music to my soul.

Namaste-
-Boypony

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aquarius1
reply to post by Boypony

Fantastic post Boypony, you have it right, ignore the naysayers, we all have the abililty to wake up and know the truth.

S&F

Aquarius-
Thank you my brother. There are more and more waking all the time....before long we will reach critical mass and make the big shift!

Namaste-

-BP

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Most excellent thread and it holds great meaning for fellow enlightened people like myself. No matter how many times or how many different ways I hear it, I never tire of hearing it or seeing someones thoughts and experience put in to words.

Regardless of how it happens, the feeling of having your entire paradigm of reality come crashing down upon you is the most amazing feeling in the world. It's a feeling that you can NEVER undo. There is no going back to "the way it was".

It's sad that original teachings have been so skewed as to make an abomination of their original meanings and this has certainly set the consciousness of our planet and its people back. The cycles of time are on our side though and are obviously changing the status quo.

Namaste

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Boypony

there is only one problem your awakenings will probably lead to a one world antichrist rule, and what you think is a "peak experience"isnt even close to the full truth to be what god is one has to do what god does and klnow what god knows god isnt inside of us but maybe we are inside of him in his heart, but in my case i felt what it was like to be without god and its nothing you want to feel your dead wrong you wish to know more but the truth isnt all peaceful so just because you get a nice feeling doesnt mean its right, you may be able to access a highewr consiousness but you dont know what this higher consiousness knows its a learning process and your goinng about it the wrong way, to truthfully know something and to be able to teach it means that one should have a proper understanding of said subject.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Paradoxos

But that's the very difference we refer to. Our god (what's in us and the universe) would never abandon, punish or banish as yours apparently would. And we are never "without god" either as it resides within us. This realization is part of the very awakening he is referring to. Western religious doctrine uses fear instead of truth to control and manipulate the masses and deprive them of the very truth that we deserve and living beings.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join