It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spiritual Awakening- a taste of what it's like

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
and no i dont believe what you do, one mans truth is surely another man life, because truth is simply the depth of what is absolutely living real, and the more the depth is free clearly the more reality is alive truly

and if each one had an enlightment journey as you say no other would call it anything, it is not about any purpose of doing it is about simply freedom that is always the base of existence above nothing life

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by 11118

Originally posted by godddd
I question if awakening or enlightenment really do exist.

To see truth there is no need to learn or meditate, it is all around you.
Why doesnt one see it?
And because one dont see, he seeks a path to truth wich does not exist.
If one sees, the change is immediately and one cannot go back to the old, seeing is doing.
No need for a path, no need for meditation, just be an earthling.

Ask yourself, why do you seek oneness? why do you want to experience oneness?
What is it, that has destroyed oneness?
Isnt it tought? tought being our knowledge wich we accumulate trough experience and learning?
And what does that mean? How can experience be an awakening when it is the ego having an experience?

A better expression would be to die, die to the content of our consciousness by emptying it from its content.

Meditation is very powerful. All knowledge that is outside of you is within you, and it is only in that beautiful silence that One can hear the small voice that speaks truth.

Silence is not the abcense of sounds but the abcense of toughts.

We act according to our knowledge, we have learned about enlightenment and now we want it.
So we meditate and follow the steps step by step to expand our consciousness.
See the trap? we are our consciousness, it is our knowledge wich is our ego.
consciousness is what we are conscious of, a buildup of the ego.
And that we want to expand to be or experience enlightenment or awakening.

So thats why i talk about death being a better expression for awakening if it exists at all, emptying our consciousness of its content means the end of the ego.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander

If one sees, the change is immediately and one cannot go back to the old, seeing is doing.

There may not be a need for "The" path, the one path all must follow. But each of us have our path. And meditation is necessary for some, though not for all. Saying "never meditation, no path at all" is also prescribing a path, isnt it?

Its letting go, we are on our own in this.
One must be his own authority, not learn to see trough the eyes of others.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by 11118

I question if awakening or enlightenment really do exist.

To see truth there is no need to learn or meditate, it is all around you.
Why doesnt one see it?
And because one dont see, he seeks a path to truth wich does not exist.

Ask yourself, why do you seek oneness? why do you want to experience oneness?
What is it, that has destroyed oneness?
Isnt it tought? tought being our knowledge wich we accumulate trough experience and learning?
And what does that mean? How can experience be an awakening when it is the ego having an experience?

A better expression would be to die, die to the content of our consciousness by emptying it from its content.

Meditation is very powerful. All knowledge that is outside of you is within you, and it is only in that beautiful silence that One can hear the small voice that speaks truth.

We act according to our knowledge, we have learned about enlightenment and now we want it.
See the trap? we are our consciousness, it is our knowledge wich is our ego.
consciousness is what we are conscious of, a buildup of the ego.
And that we want to expand to be or experience enlightenment or awakening.

So thats why i talk about death being a better expression for awakening if it exists at all, emptying our consciousness of its content means the end of the ego.

When you die it is like a butterfly breaking free of it's cocoon. You have incarnated and died many, many, many, times.

Meditation is truly the key my friend, for it is during this that the small voice that is your soul, your true self that most neglect their whole lives, is heard.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
re-incarnation indeed, die to the content means the incarnation, to be an human earthling.

An earthling, not a christian or boeddhist or enlightend one or a muslim or a american or europian.
Those are all divisions wich are dividing us and the cause of many wars we have fought in the past and present.
The foolishness of being born in a next life, thats just some believe coming from hindoeism or boeddhism.

Now to meditate on this

Why do we kill for fur, for sports, for money, when we are all earthlings on earth? is that love is that care?
Why do we kill in the name of some god, or separate ourselfs in nationalism, (country's with their owm army for security) that separation is the fact of insecurity.
Why do we destroy earth for some invention we call money.

sorry by the way if there are some writing errors in my posts, i am not very good with writing and reading this language.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   

I would say that silence is not the absence of thoughts, but the understanding that you are not the thinker, you are the awareness silently listening to "your" thoughts.

That may be true for some. But many of us who have spontaneous awakenings could have cared less about enlightenment. I really didnt give a # about spirituality at all. I was in business school, at the top of my class, hoping to become a corporate raider or in some other way immerse myself in the selfish egotistical pursuit for the illusory material things.

Awakening for me was highly inconvenient. And annoying on the ego or mind level. As amazing as the experience was, (and it was truly beyond words, to experience what "oneness" is) when the thrill wore off and I was left sitting here with my mind/ego, my thoughts were,

"Well #. Now what the hell am I going to do?"

I began reading the sacred texts to figure out what to do with what had occurred, not to get something. One of the reasons I am probably stuck in the half awake phase is because my ego still could care less about spirituality. I dont yet have the discipline something like meditation might provide to prevent my ego from dragging me back towards desire. I may catch it before I act on it, and put the brakes on, but I dont have the discipline to prevent the mental lunge towards it.

I dont know if the ego ends. Or if it should. You can have a shoe and not be a shoe. You can wear pants and not be pants. The problem with the ego is not that it is, its that we think it is "us."

Death is a perfect analogy for awakening. In fact in my experience "death" of the idea of individuality was the price of admission to the "One."
But dying in and of itself is not enough. You have to do it well.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by WickettheRabbit
reply to post by Puresilence

So is that predetermination or free-will? I would have to say predetermination at least starting at the part where the sufferer is condemned to suffer as part of their role in the performance.

Is the sufferer privy to the fact that their suffering is part of the perfect harmony?

Yes, I know, this is another old post I'm replying to. But I felt this question was so perfectly formed, that Wicket wants and is ready for the truth.

May some portion of my truth resonate in you, WickettheRabbit...

I have experienced, during particularly distressing times of trauma, a deep, inviolable calm. I wanted to 'lose my mind' or something like that, but I just couldn't. Yes, the inmost being of the sufferer is privy that their suffering is part of the harmony of their life.

The downloads I have received, as well as corroborating info, have led me to believe in contractual existence. That is, everything happens by the agreement of all the participants with all of the pertinent details included.

Yes, this is predetermination.

No, this does not obviate choice. We have the choice to participate, or to not participate, in any of the millions, billions or trillions (I don't know how many) of lives that happen to be scripted out for the experiential journey. It does mean that once we have initiated an experience, we have no choice but to experience all of it. I call this the "roller coaster" model of existence. Each life is like a roller coaster ride, and the entirety of it visible to one who is viewing it from the perspective of the Eternal Moment. There are a plethora of lives available for the living. All are internally balanced, as a previous poster expressed, as to ordered and chaotic energy, or, positive and negative. All lead back to the life between the lives. As Bill Hicks so succinctly put it, "Life is a ride".

This assures a perfectly safe experience for Divinity to play in. Divinity does not want to cause any real harm, especially to itself! So this great interactive simulation we are all part of is 100% agreeable to the One real Participant, You Know Who, and all of its creatures (like you and me).

As far as progression is concerned, I don't have much experience. I like the info in the Law of One readings (Ra Material), and the Hidden Hand stuff. I feel like I'm about ready for the next density or whatever, and the point of it all? To gather the richness of experience and bring it back to the One Infinite Creator.

I also liked what someone said not too long ago, when we die we remember we are part of the Earth. When the earth dies it will remember that it is part of the Sun, when the Sun dies it will remember it is part of the Milky Way galaxy. I don't know if it's true , but there is surely something true in it.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by godddd

The negative aspects of reality helps to teach the positive aspects.

You cannot comprehend light without darkness.

Reincarnation is very real.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   

I would say that silence is not the absence of thoughts, but the understanding that you are not the thinker, you are the awareness silently listening to "your" thoughts.

But i am the thinker, everybody is.. and thinking is not the problem as such.
moreover, it should be that everybody is thinking for himself, not read or learn from others but actualy learn to know themselfes wich (if one knows himself) means wisdom.
Not just know or think how you would react to something or try to controll oneself but really go into oneself, greed, succes, fear, pleasure, the image one has about himself.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by 11118

completely false teachings, light is of what is more giving the light to what is less from less perspective
you can be less enlightning yourself from what is more positive without being in dark if you love truth which is always absolute positive free reality different levels dimensions life

if you are fallen to darkness as a living it means that you cant be of absolute reality anywhere anymore and as a living freedom you would always seek a position of control to not be controled as object of dark forever places
this is real reasonning in truth it is not inventions or jokes

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   

moreover, it should be that everybody is thinking for himself, not read or learn from others but actualy learn to know themselfes wich (if one knows himself) means wisdom.

At the level of the individual, the ego, yes, "you" are the thinker, and so is every other "individual."

As I saw it, however, the individual self is not the Self you get the most from knowing. And that Self, does not think the way we consider thinking. At least not as I experienced it.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

right, true self is from distance with others instead of meaning them present to justify existing you, self is then close to admit else so close to the concept of being true, that start from the move out of what is absolutely right as living move free

the concept of self is reversed in god creations, to be a self it means recognition of else and be little you then by just a self

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by imans
reply to post by 11118

completely false teachings, light is of what is more giving the light to what is less from less perspective
you can be less enlightning yourself from what is more positive without being in dark if you love truth which is always absolute positive free reality different levels dimensions life

if you are fallen to darkness as a living it means that you cant be of absolute reality anywhere anymore and as a living freedom you would always seek a position of control to not be controled as object of dark forever places
this is real reasonning in truth it is not inventions or jokes

By seeing the dark who control and live in fear you are understanding the opposition which is light.

I do not hope to cause a stumbling block.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by 11118

on the contrary what i knew about light is waht i use to survive while dark is killing me, and that is the case of right people too that only mean why they cannot do what others or you do to keep surviving in extreme hostile environement deceived

what is right has also his own path in truth not only the dark ones

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 03:41 AM
link   
and to proove my point to another easy opposition to me, i would say that darkness is of you what alone you dont move to be busy in something you would knwo, so the path of enlightment you propose just confirm that reality objectively by forcing you to move from the outside which burry completely the truth in you and your true existing substance to light

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 04:40 AM
link   
I knew nothing about enlightenment when i entered therapy at the age of 26. All i knew was life was very painful and i was begging for help, i didn`t know what was wrong with me, i just needed someone to make it better.
During those 16 sessions, i saw some kind of religious connection?? I started reading religious books, all sorts, bible, Buddhism, shamanism, etc. I learned in this time to keep my mouth shut, gave everything space.
Life opened up into pure beauty and peace, it just happened. I just wanted everyone to be able to feel the way i was feeling, it was absolutely delicious. This lasted for at least 6 months, i got involved with someone and i lost it.
I tried so hard to get it back, the the world had gone from pure heaven back to the hell i had been used to, prior to the therapy. I ended back in councelling, on and off anti depressants. I knew that heaven existed, i had had that taste, i wanted it back.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 05:06 AM
link   
So after years in councelling, i always felt i trusted my therapist, then one day she accuses me of something, i found that she really didn`t know me at all. Wow, how can this be? I realized that if she didn`t know me, who could?
There is no me to know, no fixed me! There is only this.
When you believe any thought that you have, then you and only you believe it into existence.
Hell is inside the minds of people. Until we see what our minds are doing to us. It`s the mind that tells us that 'this' is not good enough, that this is wrong. The world and you are perfect in all the imperfections. Your mind tells you it could/should be better. Your mind fights, struggles and has the arrogance to think it could do better.
All of you who talk of god, see that nothing could be any other way, yet you criticize his gift ( the present ).
Say thank you. For you need not do anything, just experience the happening and wonder. It`s like being a child in the playground of life.
Life is not something you have, You are life.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by imans
reply to post by 11118

on the contrary what i knew about light is waht i use to survive while dark is killing me, and that is the case of right people too that only mean why they cannot do what others or you do to keep surviving in extreme hostile environement deceived

what is right has also his own path in truth not only the dark ones

You are adding concepts to my statements that have no relation to what is meant by them.

I also can barely comprehend the message that you are conveying to me as your organization of words is quite the opposite of anything vivid.

Everything in the illusion has a shadow side, but you are a being of pure light and love.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   

At the level of the individual, the ego, yes, "you" are the thinker, and so is every other "individual."

As I saw it, however, the individual self is not the Self you get the most from knowing. And that Self, does not think the way we consider thinking. At least not as I experienced it.

Illusionsaregrander, i want to thank you in advance for this great dialog we have

Today i'l keep it short cos its bedtime for me, have to work early tomorrow.
But the individual is not the ego, i even question if we are an individual

But more tomorrow, perhaps we should really go into the ego and being an individual

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by 11118

it is not a message my words talk for themselves, im clearly saying that opposites are evil conceptions of anything being right, it is a vulgar way to deal with animals, meaning an absolute result reference and not caring at all for the livings or those miserable existing lives

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join