It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illinois Mayor Expresses Doubt About Obama's Citizenship

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by jade monroe
I am new here to ATS...so please don't take this as a dumb question, but why do some people like joey hv have the word "ignore" next to their name or post?

You will most likely see that under everyone's Avatar. (except your own, of course) It is a built in functionality of ATS that allows you to visually disregard all contributions from a specific poster. The reasons may include harassment, constant and bitter difference of opinion/disagreeent or trolling.

It is a convenient way to maximize your enjoyment here at ATS and mostly used as a last resort to intelligent discussion/debate.

Hope that helps and welcome. Sorry for off topic reply.

[edit on 18-4-2010 by kinda kurious]

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Wow birthers... outdone yourselves in this thread. Can you honestly believe the stuff you're claiming? Obama hasn't satisfied the requirement to prove his birthplace?

THE STATE MADE AN OFFICIAL DECLARATION THAT HE WAS BORN THERE!!!.

Which other President in the entire history of this country has had to have his birth confirmed by a public statement from a State Official??? Which of you constitution jockeys have demanded to see George Bush's or Bill Clinton's, or Ronald Reagan's birth certificates? Nobody? Of course not. They weren't blacks.

Gonna tell me I'm playing the 'race card'? It's not a card, it's a huge banner you wrap yourselves in that says RACIST. Shame on you.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Abiotx
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

meh, good point but what im sayin is, whether he is or isnt a citizen doesnt matter because this thread isnt going to change anything, the media has already covered the birth certificate crap over and over, were stuck with this guy til next election.

The media repeating that it's over and done with time and again without bringing anything to light that would settle it does not equate to covering it over and over.... How long has it been since the media was actually NEWSworthy and not just propagandist machinery???

Jaden

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Barry satoro/Obama also holds an illegal position as stated in the Constitution. He chairs a high position on United nations security counsel, This is expressly forbidden and has been for 200 years, No sitting American president can hold dual allegiance especially to the United Nations. NWO.....He ought to be taken away in handcuffs. I think they call that treason. Also why is he spending millions of dollars sealing all of his school records? Wake up people you have been duped.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
just like 911 people cant believe things at first. the news didnt cover this issue they shut it down and called everyone crazy. But as the 911 movement has gained much steam and credibility, So too will this issue, truth is like water that flows into rocks. It will burrow its way to the core of even the hardest things and when it freezes it can crack and split the rock revealing its true nature. It will happen as you have been seeing.

[edit on 18-4-2010 by coverup86]

[edit on 18-4-2010 by coverup86]

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
@xwombx
So I am not insulting your political skills...but no branch of government has power over the other. You claim that Obama is not doing as he said he would to rebuild our nation, but I ask you this. IS HE REALLY IN CONTROL or IS HE A PUPPET? I am not posting on this subject anymore because it is moot. There is no point. IF OUR GOVERNMENT DIDN'T WANT OBAMA-THEY WOULD ELIMINATE HIM(Kennedy and Lincoln are proof of that and the people loved Kennedy)....do you really think he is making these decisions or is he being told what to do.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by jade monroe

I believe he is being told what to do but that doesn't mean he should fallow it. If it's un-moral and un-ethical he should do whats right regardless!

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
To defeat something, you must first determine the true source of what and who you are trying to destroy/ get rid of. Replacing Obama would be like pulling out shark teeths. Its not the teeth that needs to be pulled-it is the shark that needs to be pulled. Shark teeths grow back. Obama is a shark tooth!

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by alexgia
reply to post by joey_hv

Nice find. I get so sick of hearing people say "You are just looking for a reason." Nope not looking. Obama has been lying since day one, and if he really was born here in the U.S. then just prove it and get it over with. The more he hides the worse he looks.
Glad to see more people speaking up. I just pray the truth comes out before it's to late for this country and us.

they will "prove it" right before he leaves office and then it will come out that he wasn't legit and we will spend the next 8 years arguing over weather to change his laws he passed, do they get voided, or to keep them even though they shouldn't be legit.

Then follows the millions of lawsuits in the suing happy country...

That could be what does lead to an internal war/battle within our country.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious
The irony that someone would post a video like this and imply: See told ya. So they post another deranged lunatic's opinion as proof which essentially equates to Hey look, here is someone else as ignorant as I am.

Kinda like choosing Charles Manson as your character witness.

[edit on 17-4-2010 by kinda kurious]

I see what you are saying....he could have and should have left the "see told ya"....that instantly drains a small percentage of credability.

That however does not mean we should over look the issue just because you pointed out the OP may have an agenda.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hadrian
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3cbf4228da3b.jpg[/atsimg]

Does anybody like Glen beck though.......

He is the ideal Douche bag, attention whore.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

If Obama were a Muslim, why would he use nuclear weapons against Iran?

Bush was far more dangerous, in terms of a willingness to attack Iran.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Abiotx

meh, good point but what im sayin is, whether he is or isnt a citizen doesnt matter because this thread isnt going to change anything, the media has already covered the birth certificate crap over and over, were stuck with this guy til next election.

this thread won't change sh*t.....but it is still nice to layout the problems on the table and vent about what COULD possibly be done....as future strategies is one of the things we still have.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

Always the same argument SG. We know he released the modern "verified", laser printed copy of his "Certificate of Live Birth". We know...

If Barry wouldn't have himself sealed all of his personal records then perhaps we could put this thing to bed, but until then we will read and re-read your response that he "released his birth certificate" every time this comes up.

I wouldn't mind seeing his scholastic records too. Why not? It's not like a president can be impeached for getting a "D" in algebra or U.S. history?

Go try and get a job with Homeland Security and they'll be interviewing your kindergarten teacher and getting stool samples from your high school P.E. teacher.

As Barry says, "I get it," he released a copy of his certificate of live birth.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I had my Last name changed when my mom married my step father and was issued a new BC, Im sure when Barry changed his name when he became a muslim he was issued a new BC in Hawaii. Not sure how it works for Immigrants.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I have a question.

When Obama was "born" in Hawaii, did the local paper print birth announcements? While this is not solid proof, IF his name appeared in the paper near the date of his birth it might help me feel better about it. Has anyone tried researching this aspect?

If he wants this to go away, just show us a copy. I know how about a copy of his or his mom's medical records showing his birth in Hawaii.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
To parrot most of what has already been stated in this thread and all of those like it. Obama can make this entire issue go away very easily. Show the Birth Certificate. Ridiculing those who question the fact that he is not an natural born citizen, only seems to add to the aura of arrogance and disrespect for the American people.

I do no doubt for one second that Obama is an American Citizen! I do doubt that he was born here. Too many people pop up to the surface. Whether they be kooks or legitimate sources is any persons guess.

My entire life I have always been told by my Liberal British Mother and my Hardcore Republican Father from Iowa, "Where there is smoke there is most likely fire. Always question everything and never take it at face value".

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by clownsroundhere

Yes. This has been gone over many times.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   

I Jean Paul Zodeaux am a citizen of the United States, and if I ask for copy of the POTUS birth certificate to settle the issue of legitimacy and am told I have no right to such a copy, I will definitely view that as suspicious.

Besides this man's 4th Amendment right to be secure in his personal papers against unreasonable searches and seizures without a warrant. There is also the issue that you as a citizen have never voted for a POTUS in your life. No regular citizen does.

From Article II Section 1

Each State shall appoint, in such Manner as the Legislature thereof may direct, a Number of Electors, equal to the whole Number of Senators and Representatives to which the State may be entitled in the Congress: but no Senator or Representative, or Person holding an Office of Trust or Profit under the United States, shall be appointed an Elector.

The Electors shall meet in their respective States, and vote by Ballot for two Persons, of whom one at least shall not be an Inhabitant of the same State with themselves. And they shall make a List of all the Persons voted for, and of the Number of Votes for each; which List they shall sign and certify, and transmit sealed to the Seat of the Government of the United States, directed to the President of the Senate. The President of the Senate shall, in the Presence of the Senate and House of Representatives, open all the Certificates, and the Votes shall then be counted. The Person having the greatest Number of Votes shall be the President, if such Number be a Majority of the whole Number of Electors appointed; and if there be more than one who have such Majority, and have an equal Number of Votes, then the House of Representatives shall immediately chuse by Ballot one of them for President; and if no Person have a Majority, then from the five highest on the List the said House shall in like Manner chuse the President. But in chusing the President, the Votes shall be taken by States, the Representation from each State having one Vote; A quorum for this purpose shall consist of a Member or Members from two thirds of the States, and a Majority of all the States shall be necessary to a Choice. In every Case, after the Choice of the President, the Person having the greatest Number of Votes of the Electors shall be the Vice President. But if there should remain two or more who have equal Votes, the Senate shall chuse from them by Ballot the Vice President.

The Congress may determine the Time of chusing the Electors, and the Day on which they shall give their Votes; which Day shall be the same throughout the United States.

Do you see "the people" in the above way that we choose our POTUS? And as you have never elected a POTUS, (because you are not an elector) your argument that somehow you have the right to violate this mans 4th Amendment rights is quite suspicious itself.

Are you saying that you would be willing to throw away one of our most sacred and precious protections just to get at one man?

My previous hint at an open court was a ruse, designed to see if you understand the Constitution. As Obama was duly sworn in as POTUS after being confirmed by the Senate, the only people that can settle this question is the Senate. Evidence would have to be furnished to the Senate and Impeachment proceedings then could begin.

From Article I Section 3

The Senate shall have the sole Power to try all Impeachments. When sitting for that Purpose, they shall be on Oath or Affirmation. When the President of the United States is tried, the Chief Justice shall preside: And no Person shall be convicted without the Concurrence of two thirds of the Members present.

Judgment in Cases of Impeachment shall not extend further than to removal from Office, and disqualification to hold and enjoy any Office of honor, Trust or Profit under the United States: but the Party convicted shall nevertheless be liable and subject to Indictment, Trial, Judgment and Punishment, according to Law.

If Obama won't man up and settle this issue then his employers are going to continue to make this an issue, and if you hope to some how deflate this issue with your own rhetoric you are going to have to do better than this. If Obama wants to claim 4th Amendment rights to keep his birth certificate from the people, do you honestly believe this will strengthen his case? If this ever does get to a court of law, this 4th Amendment argument becomes moot, you understand that don't you?

Simply put, you are not his employer. You have no power over the POTUS, the POTUS cannot be arrested, cannot be brought to trial, (Except for Impeachment) you would have to convince enough Senators to open an investigation into the matter, and frankly in my opinion there is no evidence that I have seen that Obama was born anywhere else but Hawai'i.

Obama did not claim his 4th Amendment rights. I am claiming them for myself. My argument is simply that I cannot allow the removal of one of our most sacred constitutional rights so that less than 0.015% of the population can satisfy their witch hunt.

Blackstone said it best when he said...

"Better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer"

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by clownsroundhere
I have a question.

When Obama was "born" in Hawaii, did the local paper print birth announcements? While this is not solid proof, IF his name appeared in the paper near the date of his birth it might help me feel better about it. Has anyone tried researching this aspect?

Source
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/832f08da64be.jpg[/atsimg]

Do you feel better now?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join