It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illinois Mayor Expresses Doubt About Obama's Citizenship

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by m khan
The mayor of a large city is not likely to be a deranged lunatic.

Champaign is not a large city. Regardless how if it was this mayors opinion does not make the difference as to whether the president is a natural born citizen or not.

Obama has not produced his birth certificate, only his certificate of live birth

Which is by all means a birth certificate under Hawaii law. A birth certificate that was verified by Hawaiian officials. According to the state of Hawaii as further confirmed personally by Health director Fukino vai records:
hawaii.gov...

To verify we did indeed have the correct document, we contacted the Hawaii Department of Health, which maintains such records.
"It's a valid Hawaii state birth certificate," spokesman Janice Okubo said June 13, 2008.

www.politifact.com...

Further clarification over Obama's short form birth certificate:

"They're just words," said spokeswoman Janice Okubo. "That (what was posted on the Internet) is considered a birth certificate from the state of Hawaii."

"There's only one form of birth certificate," she said, and it's been the same since the 1980s. Birth certificates evolve over the decades, she said, and there are no doubt differences between the way birth certificates looked when Obama was born and now.

"When you request a birth certificate, the one you get looks exactly like the one posted on his site," she said. "That's the birth certificate."

www.politifact.com...

Certifications of live birth are considered birth certificates in Hawaii and when there is a request for a birth certificate, short forms are issued. Infact I know of no state as of yet where they do not accept long forms as birth certificates.
www.hawaiibirthcertificate.com...

Birthers claim the president did not present his birth certificate. He did. Birthers also continue to claim he spent $2 million in hiding his birth certificate. They are yet to source this claim and explain why he would need to spend this much if the law does not require him to release further, if these lawsuits had been mostly dismissed.

So please put the evidence where your mouth is otherwise stop spreading disinformation.

Chances are, he was not born here

And what are those chances based on exactly? Your theory goes around this notion the presidents mother, an 18year old 7-9 month pregnant teen, decided to fly to Kenya (there were no direct flights to Kenya in those days, flights were at average 4 days long), some how she managed to afford a plane ticket worth $20,000 at the time to go to Kenya only to spend afew days to rush right back and announce the presidents birth on the birth announcements. Why dont you think of the logic you are using here.

[edit on 18-4-2010 by Southern Guardian]

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

The question is not whether he has relatives who can obtain a certificate for him or not that is legal for identification for most jobs. The Constitution states that a person must be born in this country. The only real question here is whether or not we have a Constitution. If he has a birth certificate he should show it. He has had plenty of time to have one forged.
He also has sealed his school records. He is hiding something, but he obviously doesn't care about the Constitution. He obviously thinks it doesn't matter and the controversy will blow over, or more cataclysmic events will make it irrelevant. But as long as we are able, we should demand to see his birth certificate just to show up his duplicity in lying through his teeth to the American people. He is the president. He is not a conquering emperor. The people who voted for him were deceived. You can tell that from his present day popularity polls. So he has no mandate, only the mandate the ptb give him to destroy our country. He claims to have "won" the election and therefore can take us a direction the people don't want to go. But he won by deceit.
What he is hiding, besides his origin of birth, is probably his role as a CIA asset in Afghanistan. If he was running guns and money to al Qaeda, then he might have been a personal friend of Osama bin Laden. The American people might have trouble reconciling that with the wars based on 911 and the government's insistence that al Qaeda was responsible and so many people giving their lives and killing so many people in Afghanistan and Iraq. But given time, I am sure they could spin something that would make that acceptable.

"They're just words," said spokeswoman Janice Okubo. "That (what was posted on the Internet) is considered a birth certificate from the state of Hawaii."

You notice she doesn't actually come out and lie. It's just a political compromise. In our increasingly lawless society where right and wrong are of less consequence it is no surprise that she would word her response carefully to not perjure herself.

This has got the be the worst hoax of American history. Greater than 911. Not that he was born one place or another, but that he could deceive the American people into making him president when he intended to harm the country.

[edit on 18-4-2010 by m khan]

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by m khan

If he has a birth certificate he should show it. He has had plenty of time to have one forged.

That should have told you something right there.

He HAS had plenty of time to have someone forge a birth certificate, but hasn't produced one, why?

Could be, because the COLB is a legal document that was verified by Hawai'i to be genuine.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   

If he has a birth certificate he should show it. He has had plenty of time to have one forged.

Can you or any other birther show us exactly what the forged BC should look like in order to be convincing? I would love to see an example of what it is you think you should be looking at.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

the COLB IS a legal document that was verified by Hawai'i to be genuine. but it does not establish that he was born here.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   

reply to post by whatukno

the COLB IS a legal document that was verified by Hawai'i to be genuine. but it does not establish that he was born here.

After you finish explaining how a birth certificate does NOT prove someone's birthplace, can you please enlighten us as to what you are looking for.

Really, if there is no standard that you can hold something up to and verify its validity, then you truly are not interested in the truth. If you were, you would find out what an actual Hawaiian birth certificate issued anywhere from the time that one was issued to today and show everyone what a REAL one looks like.

What is the holdup?

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by K J Gunderson

I was not born in Hawaii. The best I could do would be to show you one from California. But if Hawaii has a short form and a long form, then he should produce the long one. And not to do so is a slap at the American people and a denial of the Constitution that he swore on Lincoln's bible to uphold just like the Oathkeepers. The only difference being that his oath was just political posturing

[edit on 18-4-2010 by m khan]

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by m khan

The following pictures are taken from: www.factcheck.org...

Odd, seems to me it states quite clearly the City of birth is Honolulu, and the Island of birth is Oahu. That obviously means Honolulu, Kenya right?

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
OK, let me try to keep this nice and simple for you.

reply to post by K J Gunderson

I was not born in Hawaii. The best I could do would be to show you one from California.

If you do not know what a HI BC looks like, then how can you claim the one posted here is fake?

But if Hawaii has a short form and a long form, then he should produce the long one.

They do NOT have a long form so he cannot produce one.

Anything else?

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   

But if Hawaii has a short form and a long form, then he should produce the long one.

Asked for more information about the short-form versus long-form birth documents, Okubo said the Health Department "does not have a short-form or long-form certificate."

The department only issues "certifications" of live births, and that is the "official birth certificate" issued by the state of Hawaii, she said.

And, it's only available in electronic form.

Honolulu Star Bulletin

So, can we drop this dead horse now, or do you wish to continue pummeling it?

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   

The mayor of a large city is not likely to be a deranged lunatic.

Boo!
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bcea0ada8e89.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian

Originally posted by joey_hv
Aha! a mainstream, respectable BIRTHER! so take that you hypnotized trusters!

The mayor questions Obama's birth, and? What does he base this on? That the verified birth certificate was not enough?

((snip))

It's not now, nor will it ever be a birth certificate. Besides it's known that other presidents have acquired fake hawaiian birth certificates.

The 1st president of china, Sun Yat-Sen, was hawaiian born as well.. according to a few pieces of paper anyway.. lol Sun Yat-Sen acquired a fraudulent hawaiian birth certificate by manipulating the same system "govt trusters" insist reflects rock solid proof of obamas birth.

www.obamaconspiracy.org...
www.obamaconspiracy.org...

If a china-man can easily get a fake, so too could obamas hawaiian resident grand mother.. or other family members who wanted infant berry to enjoy US citizenship.

Birth certificates are generated by hospitals, verified & signed by doctors... these dated & certified documents cant be obtained by mail. Certifications are generated by govt computers, verified by govt employees.. in 1961 hawaii these could secured by mail.. or would be chinese presidents lol

Michelle obama, in a video taped speech, was under the impression her husbands "home country" is kenya: "Barack has led by example. When we took our trip to Africa and visited his home country in Kenya we took a public HIV test for the very point of showing folks in Kenya that there is nothing to be embarrassed about in getting tested."

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Long before the divisive term birther was coined in 2004, AP reported:
web.archive.org...

"Kenyan-born US Senate hopeful, Barrack Obama, appeared set to take over the Illinois Senate seat after his main rival, Jack Ryan, dropped out"

Older hawaiian birth records AND the US govt can't be trusted at face value... neither can obama... before the birth issue became public debate, mentioning that obama was kenyan born in print & speech.. wasn't a big deal.

Back in the day govt believers would have argued Sun Yat-Sen was hawaiian born because his paperwork said so.. lol.. and any govt employee looking at the fake documents would have said something like "yup, I saw Sun Yat-Sen birth certificate and he's legit"..

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by GovtFlu
It's not now, nor will it ever be a birth certificate.

The certification of live birth is considered a birth certificate under Hawaii law:

Birth certificates (Certificates of Live Birth and Certifications of Live Birth) and Certificates of Hawaiian Birth are the primary documents used to determine native Hawaiian qualification.

The Department of Hawaiian Home Lands accepts both Certificates of Live Birth (original birth certificate) and Certifications of Live Birth because they are official government records documenting an individual’s birth. The Certificate of Live Birth generally has more information which is useful for genealogical purposes as compared to the Certification of Live Birth which is a computer-generated printout that provides specific details of a person’s birth. Although original birth certificates (Certificates of Live Birth) are preferred for their greater detail, the State Department of Health (DOH) no longer issues Certificates of Live Birth. When a request is made for a copy of a birth certificate, the DOH issues a Certification of Live Birth

hawaii.gov...

As verified by Hawaiian officials like this one for example:

"It's a valid Hawaii state birth certificate," spokesman Janice Okubo told us.

www.politifact.com...

So unless you have a source to claim otherwise, stop lying. Short form birth certificates are largely accepted in states, Texas is another example:
www.dshs.state.tx.us...

Birth certificates are generated by hospitals, verified & signed by doctors... these dated & certified documents cant be obtained by mail.

A valid birth certificate does not have to be validated by the doctor. In most states that is not the case, but obviously birthers need a name to hound right?

Michelle obama, in a video taped speech, was under the impression her husbands "home country" is kenya:

What michelle or anybody else said in a passing comment does not make it fact. Do you know what would be solid evidence? If you got off your ass and contacted the Kenyan health authorities themselves. If you got a statement from them that will be conflicting enough to get the courts to pay attention. If you can get Hawaiian authorities to clearly state that Obama was not born in Hawaii, that the short form birth certificate he presented was invalid, that would be solid evidence.

What he/she said in a passing comment is not sufficient evidence. Michelle already made it clear she was taken out of context in anycase. Going around take little bits out of what anybody says does not prove anything other than to feed your suspicions.

Long before the divisive term birther was coined in 2004, AP reported:
web.archive.org...

That 2004 AP article was modified by somebody who did not bother to put their name to it. The original 2004 AP article made no mention of Obama being Kenyan born:
legacy.signonsandiego.com...
seattletimes.nwsource.com...

The above are the same original 2004 AP articles. The title and start to the article in the Eastern standard was modified, it is not the original article.

Heres another article on Obama from the same Kenyan newspaper from the same year (2004) that is of more interest:

Left’s face it, Obama is not ‘our own’
By Wallace Kantai
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is looking increasingly likely that Barrack Obama will be elected in November as Senator of the State of Illinois. The number of prospective voters has increased after his presumptive opponent in the election was felled by accusations of sexual impropriety.
Simultaneous with Obama’s rising stature is the increasing desire by Kenyans to identify with him. Typical newspaper headlines and messages flying around the Internet tend to lead with the theme "Kenyan-linked", or "Kenyan-American", or even, erroneously, "Kenyan-born".

People like identifying with winners, especially when they can be linked to them in a direct way. However, Kenyans are mistaken in attempting to claim Mr Barrack Obama as one of their own, for two very important reasons.

Difficult childhood

First, the only link that Obama has to Kenya is so tenuous as to almost be nonsensical. If you haven’t heard the story by now, the short version is that his father was a Kenyan scholar in the United States, who married an American woman, and left them when Obama was a toddler. He was brought up mainly by his grandparents and went through a difficult childhood and early adulthood, including a visit to Kenya to attempt to understand his now-deceased father.

web.archive.org...

I know you and others here hold personal hatred towards the president and it is for a number of reasons. But for goodness sakes show some restraint and actually be alittle more objective before you jump the gun on these claims. There are plenty of relevant policies to debate against this man on (one being the fact he has still not removed the patriot act), this isnt one of them.

[edit on 18-4-2010 by Southern Guardian]

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by GovtFlu

Thanks for those links GovtFlu.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by joey_hv
Aha! a mainstream, respectable BIRTHER! so take that you hypnotized trusters!
Birthers are going mainstream!

[edit on 17-4-2010 by joey_hv]

This guy is the mayor of a small city in Illinois, that much we know? But I googled the mayor and could find very little information regarding his character, so besides being a politician (since when has that been respected around here?) what make this man so "respectable?" I hope Obama does well as our president, but I wouldn't call myself a "supporter," hell I've never owned so much as an Obama bumper sticker. I personally believe that a significant majority of the so-called birther movement are racists that cannot bare the thought of a black president. This is my opinion, however, not fact.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Abiotx

Yes it matters! I would want to see the s.o.b and his arrogant wife swing by a rope in the public form if he has broken the law. We cannot fix what he has done but we can make an example of him and at least get retribution!

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 04:23 AM
link   
What I am mostly worried about is what they will use as a distraction if this becomes more main stream and they need to find a way to get the public turned away from it.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by taccj9903

I think this IS the distraction.

reply to post by xyankee

Yes it matters! I would want to see the s.o.b and his arrogant wife swing by a rope in the public form if he has broken the law. We cannot fix what he has done but we can make an example of him and at least get retribution!

No that's not racist at all!

Why don't you just call him the N word and get it over with, tell us how you REALLY feel.

[edit on 4/19/2010 by whatukno]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Just goes to show you Americans dont care about where you are born.
You caused a ruckus with Arnold maybe running for president so what they did was dangle this guy and watch America eat him up (Vote him in)get it? Youve been had, and you voted him in office, America.

[edit on 19-4-2010 by colt122]

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join