It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illinois Mayor Expresses Doubt About Obama's Citizenship

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+24 more 
posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Aha! a mainstream, respectable BIRTHER! so take that you hypnotized trusters!
Birthers are going mainstream!

[edit on 17-4-2010 by joey_hv]

+13 more 
posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by joey_hv

Nice find. I get so sick of hearing people say "You are just looking for a reason." Nope not looking. Obama has been lying since day one, and if he really was born here in the U.S. then just prove it and get it over with. The more he hides the worse he looks.
Glad to see more people speaking up. I just pray the truth comes out before it's to late for this country and us.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
The irony that someone would post a video like this and imply: See told ya. So they post another deranged lunatic's opinion as proof which essentially equates to Hey look, here is someone else as ignorant as I am.

Kinda like choosing Charles Manson as your character witness.

[edit on 17-4-2010 by kinda kurious]

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3cbf4228da3b.jpg[/atsimg]

Mod Note (This Appears On Every New Thread/Post Reply Page):
Please make sure every post matters.
Refrain from 1-line or very-minimal responses.
Edit-down your quoted posts to the important part.
Don't use "txting" shorthand in posts.
Use snippets and links for external content.
Provide meaningful comments for links, pictures, and videos.

[edit on 18/4/2010 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
At this point, does Obama's citizenship even matter...
I mean c'mon the damage is done.

+22 more 
posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious
The irony that someone would post a video like this and imply: See told ya. So they post another deranged lunatic's opinion as proof which essentially equates to Hey look, here is someone else as ignorant as I am.

Kinda like choosing Charles Manson as your character witness.

[edit on 17-4-2010 by kinda kurious]

While there is little known about Gerald Schwighart, much more is known about the criminal Charles Manson and the comparison between the two would be like comparing your post to William Shakespeare.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Abiotx

If Obama is not a citizen of the United States, but is holding the position of President, the damage that can be done is untold since this nation has never had to deal with a President who was not born in the U.S. since before Martin Van Buren, and where Van Buren happens to be the first President born during the time of a United States, those who presided before him were not foreigners but were former Colonists, who fought a revolutionary war to form the U.S.. No, I am sorry, but if this man is not who he claims to be, then the damage is not nearly done.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

meh, good point but what im sayin is, whether he is or isnt a citizen doesnt matter because this thread isnt going to change anything, the media has already covered the birth certificate crap over and over, were stuck with this guy til next election.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Abiotx

I am not so sure that is true, but then again, I am not so sure this birth certificate controversy has any weight. That it won't go away, seems in a large part due to Obama's own reluctance to settle the issue once and for all, and that is a mistake for one heralded as being so politically savvy. Further, if it weren't for the dogged pursuits of two relatively unknown journalists, (at that time), Woodward and Bernstein, the scandal of Watergate may have gone unnoticed. There is no set amount of media coverage that settles a controversy, and some controversies remain unsettled to this day.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   

It was meant as a metaphor. Albeit a drastic one. But heck, seeing how you are a Theater major and all I appreciate being mentioned in the same company as Shakespeare, unless you meant Francis Bacon, then I might be insulted.

Back at ya

[edit on 18-4-2010 by kinda kurious]

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

Lol! I did mean the Bard himself, but given his own birth certificate problems remain questionable, perhaps I did mean Sir Bacon and just don't know it. I do realize you were simply attempting to dismiss Schwighart as credible but comparing a career criminal to a career law enforcement officer is not at all like comparing Shakespeare to Bacon. Bacon was a man of repute and intelligence not a scoundrel who shamed his family name. As I said, little is known about Schwighart, but enough is known that the comparison of him to Manson goes beyond the pale.

Thanks for the genuine smiles though, I would rather debate the legitimacy of Shakespeare's work any day over that of Obama's.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by joey_hv
Aha! a mainstream, respectable BIRTHER! so take that you hypnotized trusters!

The mayor questions Obama's birth, and? What does he base this on? That the verified birth certificate was not enough?

You see for some reasons birthers assume that peoples opinions or passing comments on the matter validate as evidence when it does not. Birthers also assume that this somehow brings enough question for the courts to pay attention but thats not how it works in the court system.

Until you come up with solid evidence that the president was born off US soil you will continue to be dead in the water. I suggest an official on the record statement from Kenyan health department officials claiming Barack Obama (jr.) to be recorded as being born there.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Perhaps you have a point. In hindsight I should have used Barney Fife. My bad.
I'll do a little background digging on the mayor.

[edit on 18-4-2010 by kinda kurious]

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   
You know they say the statue of liberty was built as a gift from france

Conspriacy has it that it was actually a sign that they own us. Doesn't matter because the french hate americans

last time i went to france i had a bug planted on top of my food i ordered at the restaurant

Lady liberty has problems

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux
reply to post by Abiotx

I am not so sure that is true, but then again, I am not so sure this birth certificate controversy has any weight. That it won't go away, seems in a large part due to Obama's own reluctance to settle the issue once and for all, and that is a mistake for one heralded as being so politically savvy.

How exactly does he end this controversy. Just tell us what needs to be done and maybe he will finally do it. What exactly should he do to put this to rest?

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   

a LOT worse CAN be done in the future
if allowed to stay.

Let's say the use of Nuclear weapons
against Iran is a good point.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

a LOT worse CAN be done in the future
if allowed to stay.

Let's say the use of Nuclear weapons
against Iran is a good point.

Exactly

Obama has been out negotiating the reduction of the nuclear threat so he can save them up to use on America, specifically small towns, 1 big one for the Alamo and any large nests of Bald Eagles. Then he will finally wear his turban in public, grow an unpopular mustache and use HAARP to reconstitute Lenin's Mummy.

We are going to make our final stand at the local Walmart here, protecting freedom is
a duty!!!

[edit on 18-4-2010 by Janky Red]

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by K J Gunderson

While there are many sites and MSM news reports defending Hawaii's decision to refuse requests of Obama's birth certificate, they are indeed refusing such requests to anyone outside of immediate family, legal guardians and executors. As the New American puts it:

The Health Department website explains that current state law "prohibits the DOH from disclosing any vital statistics records ... unless the requestor has a direct and tangible interest." Release of birth certificates is limited in most cases to immediate family, legal guardians, or executors.

Given that the Constitution is clear on matters of citizenship for Presidency and the origin of birth, and given that it is We the People who are Obama's employers, and given that in order to put this matter to rest, Hawaii simply releasing the document to the employer's of Obama, might go a long way in putting this issue to rest. Instead, the employer's of Obama are told regularly they have no right to know such information. Not a good sign for a President who ran on transparency.

Further efforts to "settle the matter" by relying upon hearsay:

DOH Director Dr. Chiyome Fukino issued a statement in 2008 stating that both he and the Registrar of Vital Statistics "have personally seen and verified that the Hawai'i State Department of Health has Sen. Obama's original birth certificate on record in accordance with state policies and procedures." He followed up with another statement in July, 2009, saying simply that he has "seen the original vital records maintained on file by the Hawai'i State Department of Health verifying Barack Hussein Obama was born in Hawai'i and is a natural-born American citizen."

Are not how legally established courts of law handle hearsay, and under such jurisdiction, regardless of what Hawaii is saying about the issue, Obama would have to supply his original birth certificate as evidence, and could not rely upon the assurances of third parties claiming to have seen the certificate. But, Obama being a Constitutional "scholar" must all ready know that.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux

While there are many sites and MSM news reports defending Hawaii's decision to refuse requests of Obama's birth certificate, they are indeed refusing such requests to anyone outside of immediate family, legal guardians and executors. As the New American puts it:

I am going to have to stop you right here. Are you saying that Hawaii has defended the refusal to release a document that has been released and confirmed by Hawaii?

Have you not seen it? Have you not see where Fukino confirmed it?

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 02:26 AM
link   

I am saying that for every American who wants a copy of that birth certificate for themselves, so they don't have to rely upon internet magic, are entitled to it. Barak Obama is not any schmoe that was born in Hawaii, if indeed that is the case, Obama is the President of the United States and given the requirement by Constitution to be President, the request of any person able to prove citizenship in the U.S. must be acknowledged as legitimate.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join