It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama is Hypnotising the Masses -Theory

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by intelinside451
reply to post by Merriman Weir

MSNBC much?

I've never watched MSNBC in my life so 'no', sorry. Should I, do they have 'foxy' ladies like on FOX?

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian
I think the most interesting aspect of this document is the notion that hypnosis can be ideological.

Hypnosis is the transference of the COMMAND of your subconcience, from YOUR control, to the control of the authority or the hypnotist.. (same effect)

Do you recall wondering What the Hell? when you watched Obama stand there and turn his head back and forth between teleprompters.. as he spoke? THAT is covert technique used in military hypnosis = somewhat like taking down the twin towers AND building 7 on "9-11"..

"From 80 to 90% of the population can be hypnotized to varying degrees...At least 5% (10,000,000) of the U.S. population is extraordinarily hypnotizable, so easily hypnotizable that they are in a constant state of exaggerated suggestibility, even when awake and going about their normal daily routine. They are at the total mercy of all forms of influences and can easily be persuaded to do things and afterward have no idea why they did them..."

Dr. Tobias H. Brocher, Director, Center for Applied Behavioral Sciences, Menninger Foundation, Topeka, KS. LINK

Now consider that Menninger quote (approx 1951) with this 1955 warning from one of the developers of the first Atomic Bomb...

PLEASE REREAD THIS A FEW TIMES, OPPENHIEMER is warning us that these covert psychological techniques will make the evil of the Nuclear horrors PALE in comparison... really get this one paragraph.. for the sake of man.. this is what has happened to us in the USA>

Quote:

"In the last ten years physicists have been extraordinarily noisy about the immense powers, that largely through their efforts, but through other efforts as well have come into the possession of man, powers notably and strikingly for very large scale and dreadful destruction. We have spoken of our responsibilities and our obligations to society in terms that sound very provincial, because the psychologist can hardly do anything without realizing that for him the acquisition of knowledge opens up the most terrifying prospects of controlling what people do and how they feel. This is true for all of you who are engaged in practice, and as the corpus of psychology gains in certitude and subtlety and skill. I can see that the physicists pleas that what he discovers be used with humanity and be used wisely will seem trivial compared to those pleas which you will have to make and for which you will be responsible."

page 214 in The Journal of Atomic Scientists.. physicist Robert Oppenheimer..implying that the nuclear bomb is "trivial" compared to threat of the techniques of covert hypnotic mind control while a guest speaker to the American Psychological Association in 1955 -

[edit on 18-4-2010 by seataka]

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
According to the PDF, you, right now, are being hypnotized as you read this sentence which I have decided to make run on for a long time without coming to an end so that your eyes glaze over and you lose track of time because you are in suspense trying to finish this sentence that can go on forever as long as I use a few key words and don't try to change the subject too drastically from its original starting point which was carefully designed to go on for a long time without using any type of periods or commas because it is the best way for someone to get lost in a sea of letters which causes them to have to reread certain sections of this long run on sentence because they lose track of which line they are currently reading or which word they just got done reading which is caused by the lack of formatting such as periods and paragraphs and because they are hypnotized and becoming disoriented by this specially designed run on sentence which includes multiple instances of repeated words and combinations of words so that you get bored and your eyes glaze over and you lose track of which line you are on or you lose track of what word you just got done reading because you are so hypnotized that you forgot what you just got done reading and in order to recall what you just read you have to separate your mind into parts so that you can read this sentence and at the same time recall what you just read in the beginning of this long sentence which is designed to go for a long time so your eyes glaze over and you are either in suspense and want to know how this long sentence ends or you just are hypnotized to finish the entire thing without giving up or getting lost in this sea of letters which possibly even caused you to give up a long time ago or you are right now on the verge of giving up because I already told you this will be a long run on sentence with repeated words so that your eyes glaze over and you lose track of which line you are on and these repeated words get embedded in your mind and you are hypnotized into remembering them and it causes a type of deja vu every time I say this sentence is designed to make your eyes glaze over and lose track of which lines you are currently reading so that when you finally do reach the end of this sentence you will wonder what exactly you just got done reading and what the point was because you were hypnotized into forgetting what you just got done reading because your eyes were glazed over while your mind was multitasking and trying to read and think about something else at the same time which causes your mind to slow time down or sometimes speed time up so when the sentence comes to a abrupt end you will wonder what just happened.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Every politician uses conversational hypnosis. Obama is just better at it that most.

When he says "there is hope for America if we the people can invoke real change". It is impossible to disagree with that. That statement doesn't mean anything, but it is so broad and generalized that no-one can disagree

And yet what has he changed? He bailed out billionaire bankers, in literally the exact same way that his predecessor did, he expanded the war on terror, Passed legislation that fores people to purchase health care, whether they want too or not.

For whatever reason, people think that's just fine, when they didn't just a few years ago. They also think putting 30k more troops in Afghanistan is fine, they also think bailing out a company that later goes bankrupt is fine, they are also fine with torture continuing as a means of interrogation, so long as it's a democrat doing it.

The OP has it all wrong

It's not Mass Hypnosis

It's mass stupidity.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

Well, I read through the first 4-5 pages, it seems that anyone can be manipulated. We have "supposed" intellectuals setting aside their predisposition of objectivity to say that Obama does not use STANDARD speech techniques.

That in and of itself is disingenuous.

Next, we have people attacking the OP for frivolous ad hominem attacks that just perpetuate the left/right paradigm.

I have to ask myself, saltheart foamfollower, is this not the thing that destroyed Thomas Covenant? The very divisiveness of the soul that permeates us all?

I have to ask, when will the "supposed" intellectuals admit their goal?

Are you afraid?

Are you belligerent?

Are you forthright?

Or are you the standard totalitarian that thinks that you have the solution to societies ills?

C'mon, you can admit can you not?

Tell us oh seekers of infinity, what IS IT that you have for us little people?

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by aravoth

And yet what has he changed? He bailed out billionaire bankers, in literally the exact same way that his predecessor did, he expanded the war on terror, Passed legislation that fores people to purchase health care, whether they want too or not.

The OP has it all wrong

It's not Mass Hypnosis

It's mass stupidity.

I concur with your statements. There truly is no other explanation. I'm at such a loss as to why anyone could still defend, much less support that con-man Obama, that I believe this 30 second clip from South Park provides the definitive profile of the Obama follower.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Considering that one man is unable to remember all of the words & hand signals necessary to make this phenomenon work, can we use the Freedom of Information Act to make the networks do a split screen during his speeches?

If we were able to see Obama on one half of the screen, while on the other we are able to read the teleprompter would be deliciously interesting, no?

I bet Rham is Obama's handler & writes his speeches to ensure that the hypnotic techniques are performed properly.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by K J Gunderson
So what would be my problem? I voted for him. I am not an undying supporter of every single thing he does but I am still far more satisfied than I could ever imagine anything McPalin had to offer.

The thing is, I do not listen to speeches. They are one sided and set up to sell a point. I am not into that. I read. I guess I need someone to explain to me how Obama hypnotized me.

I need an explanation of that, too. I rarely watch his speeches because I get bored. I also read. And not what HE says, but what others say about it. And from both sides... I also watch FOX as well as MSNBC and CNN.

I know there are videos about FOX using NLP, too. How is it that they are not able to get into my brain?

If Obama could actually hypnotize people and influence their thoughts, then it seems like at least ONE Republican would have been swayed to vote for him on HCR.
Why didn't he take control of their minds like he apparently is ours?

I DID read most of this document. I felt myself slipping into a trance from time to time... I think it's trying to hypnotize me... And I resisted.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Since starting to read this thread and getting to the end, I seemed to have lost an hours worth of time and my trousers are now on backwards.

This hasn't happened since a visit to the dentist in 1978.

DON'T READ THE THREAD! THE OP IS HYPNOTISING PEOPLE WITH HIS WORDS!!!!1

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man
Yeah right...

Above all, the person must be willing. No one can hypnotize you if you don't want to be hypnotized. Your natural defenses in your mind will prevent this from happening.

Source: mindpowerproductions.com...

Nice one though...when all else fails, blame it on mind control.

In the case of all the nice things Obama is telling the American people, I'd say they would like to believe the things he says, even though we already know what he says and what he does are two different things. Is that not "willing" enough?

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
WoW, the SAME people in the beginning of the thread that did NOT read the pdf are now stating the OP is using the VERY items that are prevalent in the pdf.

They FORGET to mention that it is a VERBAL technique and CANNOT be replicated in a written setting.

Another AD HOMINEM attack by those that have NO idea or are SHILLS for the new admin.

Boy, I wonder what their part would have been in the NIXON admin?

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

Yeah - hypnosis.

The practice that says "It wont work unless you want it to"

Give me a break.

Hypnosis, just like many anti-obama movements (many, not all) is total garbage and nothing more than idiotic rebellion against common sense.

[edit on 18-4-2010 by Snarf]

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by saltheart foamfollower
WoW, the SAME people in the beginning of the thread that did NOT read the pdf are now stating the OP is using the VERY items that are prevalent in the pdf.

What makes you think we haven't read the pdf? I just said that I read most of it.

They FORGET to mention that it is a VERBAL technique and CANNOT be replicated in a written setting.

Not according to the pdf! You must not have read it.
I quoted excerpts from the paper that claimed it can be reading, driving, even your own thoughts... ANYTHING that hypnotizes a person. He said ALL of us are hypnotized MANY times a day. From many different sources. NOT just spoken. Maybe you should read it.

This was my main complaint about the assertion. That we are hypnotized many times a day, yet there's something about OBAMA'S hypnotism that we should be concerned about.

And, of course, no one has an answer for that...

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
From day one i have noticed something about the alluring power of Obama's speeches that I couldn't put a finger on.

It always reminded me of another famous and powerful orator, JFK AND MLK.

Anyone else ever notice that ?

This is most likely what I was sensing/suspecting.

I have also pointed out that Obama has been groomed by CIA/MI6, most likely by hypnosis himself.
His mother worked for the Ford Foundation AND studied Russian during the cold war. Do the math.

AND/OR

Maybe Obama simply learned it in college ? And is applying it to his career ?

If I were considering pursuing a career in politics, which is essentially a sales job, what a great skill to have ?

Kind of like a Jedi Mind Trick.

It all makes sense to me !

Too bad for McCain/Palin that they didn't learn this lesson in college !!

Oh well...

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Yeah right...

Above all, the person must be willing. No one can hypnotize you if you don't want to be hypnotized. Your natural defenses in your mind will prevent this from happening.

It is a common misunderstanding that one cannot be hypnotized except if one is wanting to be hypnotized. In fact we are all under hypnosis without even knowing it. 100%. We are all in a state of psychosis. We are all conditioned and groomed. We are all the "manchurian candidate" just waiting for the trigger word. It has always been thus and will always continue to be thus. Knowing about this, changes nothing. Whether we like it or not is of no importance, since there is absolutely nothing that we can do about the situation. Using Transcendental Meditation "ZEN" it is possible to observe the workings of the mind, in an effort to track where the thoughts are originating. However, one cannot stop the thoughts. The thoughts arise anyway. We are like leaves blowing along in the wind. The forces that control our destiny are higher dimensional and completely outside of our consiousness domain. The subconsiousness domain is infinite and eternal and an absolute mystery. Invisible to our consciousness. Pretending like as if we are in control of our destiny is just one big lie. Like as Jesus is recorded as saying in the Gospels as regard to the pharisee [political authority] they are blind leaders of the blind and foolish leaders of the foolish. If one blind fool follows another blind fool then both of them will fall into the ditch and neither will know their way out of that ditch nor how they got to be there in the first place. The existance of "consensus reality" is clear proof that our destiny is not in our own control. Whether we like it or not we are all under hypnosis. The power of Almighty God is absolute and is fully in control of our [psychosis] humble destiny. What are the politicians by comparison ? The works of man are mere dust blowing away in the wind. Our sanity hangs by a slender thin fragile thread that could break at any instant. Therefore, do not trust in the word of men [politics] to be your destiny. Instead trust in the Word of God to be guiding your destiny. If we trust in the Holy Spirit to guide us then she will lead us away from the ditch into which the pharisee [political authority] are leading us.

The book to read is called "THE HOLOGRAPHIC UNIVERSE" by MICHAEL TALBOT publishers HARPER COLLINS 1991. ISBN-0-586-09171-8.
SHIMONO

[edit on 18/4/2010 by CAELENIUM]

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by captainbitter
I watch every one of Obama's speech. I really like his policies and his expression are alluring. YES WE CAN!

Well, damn glad for ya.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by CAELENIUM

Yeah right...

It is a common misunderstanding that one cannot be hypnotized except if one is wanting to be hypnotized. In fact we are all under hypnosis without even knowing it. 100%. We are all in a state of psychosis. We are all conditioned and groomed. We are all the "manchurian candidate" just waiting for the trigger word. It has always been thus and will always continue to be thus. Knowing about this changes nothing. Whether we like it or not is of no importance, since there is absolutely nothing that we can do about the situation. Using Transcendental Meditation "ZEN" it is possible to observe the workings of the mind, in an effort to track where the thoughts are originating. However, one cannot stop the thoughts. The thoughts arise anyway. We are like leaves blowing along in the wind. The forces that control our destiny are higher dimensional and completely outside of our consiousness domain. The subconsiousness domain is infinite and eternal and an absolute mystery. Invisible to our consciousness. Pretending like as if we are in control of our destiny is just one big lie. Like as Jesus is recorded as saying in the Gospels as regard to the pharisee [political authority] they are blind leaders of the blind and foolish leaders of the foolish.

[edit on 18/4/2010 by CAELENIUM]

While I do agree with some of your points, I disagree with others. I do agree we ARE under constant attack. Thats a given. Are we all manchurians?

No.

You say there is nothing we can do about it. I totally disagree.

I point you to the page I describe a sitution with my wife and I.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Awareness is everything.

I will concede to you that we may not be capable of stopping all attacks.

You illustrate how the "majick" of the east and west differ. In the east, it seems to be far more passive. I DO NOT mean "less potent".

I do believe we are in control of many aspects of our destiny. I refuse to be a "fatalist".

The west is more active. We seek out the issue and either make it submit or work around it/through it. Hence the Walmart situation.

I believe only the higher level adepts would be TOTALLY immune from 100% of the BS manipulationj. We neophytes at least need to have our eyes open and defy it at everyturn possible though.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   

It is a common misunderstanding that one cannot be hypnotized except if one is wanting to be hypnotized. In fact we are all under hypnosis without even knowing it. 100%. We are all in a state of psychosis. We are all conditioned and groomed. We are all the "manchurian candidate" just waiting for the trigger word. It has always been thus and will always continue to be thus. Knowing about this changes nothing. Whether we like it or not is of no importance since there is absolutely nothing that we can do about the situation. Using Transcendental Meditation "ZEN" it is possible to observe the workings of the mind in an effort to track where the thoughts are originating. However one cannot stop the thoughts. The thoughts arise anyway. We are like leaves blowing along in the wind.

As a Christian,I disagree.

In Philippians 4:7,it says:"And the peace of God,which transcends all understanding,will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus."

Ephesians 4:14,"Then we will no longer be like infants,tossed back and forth by the waves,and blown here and there by every wind of teaching and by the cunning and craftiness of men in their deceitful scheming."

That's my defense!

You know the expression,"If you don't stand for something,you will fall for anything"? There are people with discernment who can see through the charade and not be taken in by it. This applies to all thinking people,not just Christians,lest anyone accuse me of bigotry!

As for the original topic,I read similar articles over a year ago and was convinced it was indeed more than "Just words.Just speeches". He was also able to be so successful because he tells people what they want to hear,and a generation already brainwashed by the media lapped up every word.

I suppose this can be said of politicians in general.However,their methods are more sophisticated now,especially considering the electronic media and use of subliminal technology in ways we can only imagine.
When the Digital TV switchover occurred,we got rid of our television,and I've never once missed having it around. Some very eerie stuff going on with all that,but that's another topic.

The Hegelian Dialectic is another way that has brought "Change" to the way people are herded into believing certain things,which is very dangerous in itself.Again,another topic,but all things taken together are a lethal mix,in my opinion.

(And there's the whole anti-christ agenda thing,...!)

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by CAELENIUM

BTW,

Thank you so much for the Sagan clip. I do so miss him. He is purported as being an atheist.

I see him as quite spiritual and nearly capable of explaning the nature of God. I certain ways, I believe he has.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

It is a common, every day occurrence, whether for a brief second, or minutes or longer. A very basic example is when you are driving a car while in deep thought, and you suddenly realize you are much further along with no memory of driving the whole distance

As someone with a few years of psychology under my belt, it is the right hemisphere of your brain that does that, not hypnosis.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join