It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama is Hypnotising the Masses -Theory

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+37 more 
posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
After months of struggling to understand the irrational support that Obama receives from his adoring followers, I came across this incredible analysis of what is happening.

An Examination of Obama's Hidden Hypnosis Techniques

It is a lengthy .PDF document complete with references and footnotes - about 60 pages in length. Anyone with any education in Psychology will quickly recognize what this document is attempting to explain and what is happening.

Now, I recognize that the usual ATS members will quickly rush to Obama's defense, attempt to discredit the theory (And the OP - Me!) without even reading the document, but THAT is exactly the point! YOU, and you know who you are, NEED to read the linked document. Many of you support this man without even understanding why - this document will enlighten you.

For the rest of you, this document will serve as a primer for you to help others understand what is occuring and, most importantly, teach them to recognize it and resist it.

Let's try to keep this thread clean from the usual nonsense regarding Obama - no birther comments etc... Let's focus our attention on the theory of Obama using pacing, distraction, language patterns and associative conditioning techniques to literally enact post-hypnotic suggestion to achieve his goals.

I have an engagement to attend and will check back later to rejoin the discussion - I expect it will take about that long for eveyone to read and digest the material that I have just presented.

admin edit: Edited the title to more accurately reflect the content

[edit on 4-21-2010 by Springer]

+51 more 
posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Who wrote this? What are their credentials?

I don't deny that Obama sells himself and his policies. He is graceful, compelling and charismatic. But to say that he is purposefully hypnotizing us is quite a stretch. I mean, if he's using hypnosis, why do half the people hate him? And why do those of us who do like him find fault with him on a regular basis?

I did start to read the document, but I began to ask too many questions. And he uses a photoshopped picture in his document... Not too great for credibility...

Your title is a lie. This is not a FACT, it's suspicion. How are we supposed to give you credibility?

[edit on 4/17/2010 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Yeah right...

Above all, the person must be willing. No one can hypnotize you if you don't want to be hypnotized. Your natural defenses in your mind will prevent this from happening.

Source: mindpowerproductions.com...

Nice one though...when all else fails, blame it on mind control.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Obama has awesome super human powers!

Time for a nap...need a break from all this mind control.

+23 more 
posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
The above posters do a great job bolstering their credibility by emotive appeals instead of even bothering to look at the document in question! It's as if they don't even care about the truth whatsoever.

That's a shame. Let's not let it happen again. Go read the paper, if you're curious. I happen to know that OP is correct about his assertions because the sort of hypnosis Obama employs is technical and programmatic. The In other words, if you know how to see the technique and detect the program, what he's doing is clear as day. All you need to do is become acquainted with hypnosis and NLP it it becomes obviously apparent that Obama is using these techniques in his program of self-promotion.

Good look, OP. The rest of you, start acting like adults and doing the work, for heck sake.

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

I actually agree to some extent! Obama is hypnotizing the masses in some form or another! although I would not call it hypnosis. I'd call it campaigning. It is little to no different from the other past presidents or presidential candidates in that they use speech techniques, roots of persuasion to influence people into supporting and voting for them. Its politics as usual and has been so for over a century now. You see it as something sinsister this time around because you dont like this man personally and you assume everybody who supports him cant think for themselves.

Im sure those who held personal grudges against Bush and Reagan felt that these presidents were using hypnosis because surely! surely people must been able to feel the hatred I feel! But yes its just the way politicians try to present themselves, the way they campaign and convince voters. Trying to make this out as something deeper in my opinion is just way for you to convince yourself that the support this man has is illegitimate.

I mean I see a pattern here. Its people like you on the rightwing that spend day in and day out trying to make the 2008 elections as illegitimate through your accusations of birth certificates and ACORN. You try to make his policies illegitimate and now you'd insist to convince us that his support is illegitimate because his supporter can't think for themselves (you certainly thought for yourself when you supported Bush right?). It is rather sad and pathetic and this is going low even by your standards Kozmo.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
LOL. Interesting to say the least. Maybe Hitler and Obama have more in common than previously thought. Them both mind controlling their countries people and all of that.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

This is why real serious stuff about electronic mind control gets no play in centrel areas.

These people are taught on how to speak and hitler we all know was taught how to be most hypnotic. So we all accept hitler was taught in these techniques, but 60 years of cia mind control, has not helped obama and his group.

Obama was given a free election against mccain and if you think the best the rep can come up with is mccain, what are you on. Today personality is king in usa, and you think mccain, who no one likes, was the best rep, lol.

Mkultra is an accepted project, factual.

+6 more 
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I don't deny that Obama sells himself and his policies, but to say that he is hypnotizing us is quite a stretch. I mean, if he's using hypnosis, why do half the people hate him?

Probably because they don’t actually watch and listen to his speeches, but just get their news through sources that then provide a synopsis or sound bite.

I myself find his voice to be irritating the few times I have heard snippets of it, but I find everyone’s voice when they are attempting to speak with authority irritating!

However I avoid watching and listening to politicians whenever and wherever I can, because I truly believe it’s all just staged drama and spectacle for the masses to impart very limited and often misleading information.

Not really worth my time.

I do know that the CIA long ago developed a speaking and presentation system/style that if used correctly borders on hypnosis.

The truth is people love to get caught up in drama and spectacle and be a part of it. How popular would Hitler have been with the Germans had there been no torchlight parades lighting up the night skies, no massive rallies at Nuremburg where just the sheer presence of so much humanity, validates in one another’s eyes, why they are there and what is being said to them? Probably not nearly as popular, and there is a reason why politicians like other celebrities have handlers to craft their image and persona.

I would argue, none of us have any real idea, what the average celebrity, politician or entertainment is really like in their true thoughts and perspectives and day to day life, unless we had the exceptional opportunity to live with them in that intimate way for a prolonged period, where people ultimately do reveal all to someone that close.

[edit on 17/4/10 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

link   
Isn't that the point of politicians? Hypnotize the masses with charcter and the acheivments in each candidits lives. You know? The inspiration wow factor. The people who know how to live, the ones that come to change the world for the better, usually atleast. In other words daydreamers are out of the candidite race from the get go.

Just one view.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by wonderinghows

Yep, that is the point of it all. Like how sports stars sell shirts.

Unbelievable in this day and age there is so much ignorance, with regard to what governments can do with mind control.

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

You see it as something sinsister this time around because you dont like this man personally and you assume everybody who supports him cant think for themselves.

Im sure those who held personal grudges against Bush and Reagan felt that these presidents were using hypnosis because surely!

Im sure those who held personal grudges against Bush and Reagan felt that these presidents were using hypnosis because surely!

Its people like you on the rightwing that spend day in and day out trying to make the 2008 elections as illegitimate through your accusations of birth certificates and ACORN. You try to make his policies illegitimate and now you'd insist to convince us that his support is illegitimate because his supporter can't think for themselves (you certainly thought for yourself when you supported Bush right?). It is rather sad and pathetic and this is going low even by your standards Kozmo.

Doesn't it worry even a little bit that all you are doing here is trying to project your ideas of Kozmo's motives onto Kozmo rather than engaging with the information he has provided?

In other words, you are attempting to kill the messenger. That is pretty widely considered bad form in discussion circles. You've managed to write three paragraphs without offering a single relevant point.

If you can't discuss, stop trying. You are making yourself and your position look bad by your own standards.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Professor Tomorrow
Doesn't it worry even a little bit that all you are doing here is trying to project your ideas of Kozmo's motives onto Kozmo rather than engaging with the information he has provided?

What information? The 60 page PDF link going on about how the way Obama's speeches hypotise people? That has no source and nobody with credentials over the matter? By all means you can your time but it is clear as day what the OP is saying here.

In other words, you are attempting to kill the messenger.

His not merely a messenger as he had already made it clear that he believes in the same of what this document is saying:
'After months of struggling to understand the irrational support that Obama receives from his adoring followers'

If you can't discuss,

How do you intend people to discuss here? Must we all agree that Obama supports are dumb and easy to hypnotise? You have some nerve expecting people not to take offense and 'discuss'. Where do you get off?

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian
I actually agree to some extent! Obama is hypnotizing the masses in some form or another! although I would not call it hypnosis. I'd call it campaigning.

Especially when you consider what the writer of this document considers to be "hypnosis".

Most people are hypnotized and fall into trance every day of their lives.2 It is a common, every day occurrence, whether for a brief second, or minutes or longer. A very basic example is when you are driving a car while in deep thought, and you suddenly realize you are much further along with no memory of driving the whole distance. Another example, is when you are on an elevator watching the numbers change and go into trance, and when everyone else gets off, you take that as a nonverbal suggestion to get off, before you “wake up” and realize it is not your floor. This elevator example is an example of mass hypnosis, where the close rapport with the hypnotist is not necessary, because many people are both hypnotized partly by whatever is causing the trance, and partly by the fact that you are being “paced” or also hypnotized by everyone else in the elevator doing the exact same thing as you. The reason you cry from reading sad book simply by reading ink on paper is because of the mind’s interaction with that information, which is also a hypnotic process.3

I'm sorry, but according to this guy, we are all under hypnosis many times a day. While I'm walking, reading a book, watching a movie, driving, making dinner... If that's what he calls hypnosis, then I would have to say that I agree that I'm also "hypnotized" while watching Obama's speeches - and every other thing I watch on TV.

The question, then, is how does he know that Obama is purposely doing this with the intent to "hypnotize" us? Is he measuring every movement, every intonation, every gesture of his speeches with the intent of making us believe something we otherwise wouldn't? Or is he doing his very best to appear eloquent, compelling, attractive, competent and intelligent so that people will like him and vote for him and support his policies (campaigning, as SG said)? If it's the former, I'm going to need a lot more proof than this paper. If it's the latter, and that's what this author is calling "hypnosis", then I'll agree.

He's hypnotizing. But it's nothing that any president, actor, news anchor, musician, etc. doesn't do every day of our lives.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   

I'm sorry, but according to this guy, we are all under hypnosis many times a day. While I'm walking, reading a book, watching a movie, driving, making dinner... If that's what he calls hypnosis, then I would have to say that I agree that I'm also "hypnotized" while watching Obama's speeches - and every other thing I watch on TV.

This, this right here? This demonstrates your unfamiliarity with the topic at hand. Let me give you the short-hand answer:

Yes, we are under forms of disassociation during those times. Consciousness is not so neat as an on-and-off switch. It's a continuum of attention.

Hypnosis is about how to circumvent and redirect and manipulate different sorts of attention and intention.

I mean, really, this is grade school. Deny ignorance, indeed.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   

This, this right here? This demonstrates your unfamiliarity with the topic at hand.

I actually took hypnosis classes for about 3 years. So, you don't have to condescend to me. Read the rest of my post. The writer of this document considers a brief moment of slight disassociation to be "hypnosis".

There's a HUGE difference in losing track of time or getting into a good book and having an outside source PURPOSELY manipulate one's thoughts with the intent of making them believe something that they normally wouldn't.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   

The writer of this document considers a brief moment of slight disassociation to be "hypnosis".

Really you would consider speeches that can last up to an hour, and rarely less than 5 minutes to be ‘a’ brief moment?

Once the mind has become corrupted with an idea it accepts, it remains corrupted in perpetuity. One only needs as long as it takes to convey that idea, and plant it in the subconscious mind, which is what hypnosis is all about, bypassing the conscious mind, to interact with the subconscious mind.

Example of the power of ideas once planted. Regan’s Star Wars idea of a global orbiting space based defense system, that technologically we were no where near being able to master, imparted to the Soviet’s at a Nuclear Armaments Reduction Talk, set of a chain of reactions that had a huge impact on the future Soviet Union and it’s down fall.

How long did it take to impart that idea? Seconds, and the truth is that the Original Poster’s source document simply describes what are amazingly and eerily similar speaking techniques used by Obama. Coincidence, no such thing!

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Your credentialism will not brook here my friend. Classes or no, you seem to be misinformed on some very basic points. The television is a hypnosis box. It places you in a disassociative state as soon as you give up critical thinking. That's why people sit in front of it for hours.

Driving is a disassociative task. It's actual necessary to compartmentalize your attention in order to deal with all the different things you have to do at the same time.

Anyone who knows what this paper is talking about knows these things.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   

you seem to be misinformed on some very basic points.

Oh yes the basic points! Like that a good speech writer has the power to control minds! Or that if a voter is convinced by a campaign they have just become hypnotised! Basic points? According to this document anybody who convinces people through a speech has the power of hypnosis! I didnt know it was that easy!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join