It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama is Hypnotising the Masses -Theory

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

If you knew what you were talking about, more people would pay atention. Nice dissembling though!

I still haven't seen you take anything from the document and scientifically or factually discredit it. Somehow you seem to think that YOUR opinions are more valid than the authors. He at least provided footnotes, sources and references to thousands of pages of SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH!

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by itchy_tartan_blanket

this documents been around for a while, i saw it on Rense the other day. I think alot of us here frequent the same websites so some of us saw the document before the OP posted. If that clears it up for ya.

BTW I think it is totally plausible and am pretty sure^ they^ will use any and all techniques available to have us do their bidding...

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
"Obama is Hypnotising the Masses - FACT!"

Well, yes... like any other successful politician.
I mean...nothing new or shocking here.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

Obama’s
mesmerized, cult-like, grade-school-crush-like worship by millions is not because “Obama is the greatest
leader of a generation” who simply hasn’t accomplished anything, who magically “inspires” by giving
speeches. Obama is committing perhaps the biggest fraud and deception in American history.

Your PDF is wrong and absurd from the get go.
The PDF makes a claim that the above behaviour is a result of Erickson's conversational hypnosis.
The PDF quite clearly has not considered, in its methodology of attributing this behaviour:

rized, cult-like, grade-school-crush-like worship by millions is not because “Obama is the greatest
leader of a generation” who simply hasn’t accomplished anything, who magically “inspires” by giving
speeches.

that Obama, when Juxtaposed against a former President widely considered as being stupid and an administration that put the country into 2 wars, introduced the patriot act, trillions of debt, a financial crisis and then more debt to repair that. That this could be a significant factor in inducing this as a responses to Obama.
This response to Obama's speech may also be merely a satisfaction of understanding what your President is actually saying.
As opposed to this:
www.youtube.com...#!

"Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream." —LaCrosse, Wis., Oct. 18, 2000 (Listen to audio clip)

"I know how hard it is for you to put food on your family." —Greater Nashua, N.H., Jan. 27, 2000(Listen to audio clip)

"I hear there's rumors on the Internets that we're going to have a draft." —second presidential debate, St. Louis, Mo., Oct. 8, 2004 (Listen to audio clip)

"I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully." —Saginaw, Mich., Sept. 29, 2000 (Listen to audio clip)

"You work three jobs? … Uniquely American, isn't it? I mean, that is fantastic that you're doing that." —to a divorced mother of three, Omaha, Nebraska, Feb. 4, 2005 (Listen to audio clip)

"Too many good docs are getting out of the business. Too many OB-GYNs aren't able to practice their love with women all across this country." —Poplar Bluff, Mo., Sept. 6, 2004 (Watch video clip; listen to audio clip)

"They misunderestimated me." —Bentonville, Ark., Nov. 6, 2000

"Rarely is the questioned asked: Is our children learning?" —Florence, S.C., Jan. 11, 2000

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." —Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004 (Watch video clip; listen to audio clip)

"There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again." —Nashville, Tenn., Sept. 17, 2002 (Watch video clip; listen to audio clip)
politicalhumor.about.com...

I wonder what effect such previous speech patterns by a former President has had on the influence of this current President?
The PDF fails to consider this. Why?

Obama is immune to
logical arguments like Wright, Ayers, shifting every position, character, and inexperience, because hypnosis
affects us on an unconscious and emotional level.
The PDF then explains away the attacks on Obama with his 'hypnotic' ability around specific issues, without discussing the facts around these issues so as to explain why these issues would be viewed differently when viewed objectively without the influence of Obama' "hypnotic" speech.
This would have been an easy test scenario to set up.

Yet the PDF does not do that.
Why not?

Because it would not support the B.S. in the PDF.
That is why.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
He at least provided footnotes, sources and references to thousands of pages of SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH!

Brilliant. It was conjecture mired in footnotes. References to "thousands of pages" doesn't make it valid. It was quantity, not quality.

Why is there no author? (Please spare me the school book analogy)

Why is it cloaked in anonymity if it were FACT?

Reminds me of those Urban Myth Chain e-mails I get. There is even one about Snopes being a Democratic front.

The truth shall set you free. (Reference = The Bible.) Sorry, no pictures.

Oh well, nice try. If you ain't got a knock out punch dazzle 'em with your footwork. (I mean footnotes)

[edit on 20-4-2010 by kinda kurious]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   
This exact same .pdf file was the topic of a thread back in 2008.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by ts117

Thanks for pointing that out. It is refreshing to see how rational the discussion was back then and the overwhelming majority of posters dismissed it for the maligned propaganda it was.

Hat tip to Silo 13 for adding this contribution:

Hypnosis is not mind control or brainwashing. People change their minds and actions throughout their lives. When such changes occur as a result of exposure to specific information, it is because this information has been presented through persuasion and influence. A hypnotherapist uses communicative methods of persuasion and influence; so do people who advertise and market goods and services; so do teachers, politicians, lawyers, entertainers, parents, and ministers.

see link

Hey look a REAL Doctor and author and everything.

Please note it was NOT presented as FACT in that thread.

ETA: Thread title adjusted to "Theory" by mods. No longer FACT.
Air sucked out of room.

[edit on 21-4-2010 by kinda kurious]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

If you look at the Biblical predictions of the characteristics of the End Times leader (A.K.A. the Antichrist), you will see that the Antichrist will have have some mass hypnosis abilities. So, it doesn't surprise me that a predecessor pushing the same type of society would have some similar characteristics.

Forty years ago when I first read some of the Biblical prophesies of the End Times, I thought "That much change couldn't happen in my lifetime." I think I was wrong.

I don't believe in labeling people as "the Antichrist", because odds are you would be wrong, at least until a leader gets Israel to sign a 7 Year peace treaty. Then we will know the countdown to the end has really begun.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

I love your picture morphing Bush and Obama. It is entirely appropriate since they are both Progressives. Everything that Conservatives didn't like about Bush is being surpassed by Obama.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by CharlesMartel

If you look at the Biblical predictions of the characteristics of the End Times leader (A.K.A. the Antichrist), you will see that the Antichrist will have have some mass hypnosis abilities.

And if you are an atheist or member of any of a myriad of the world's other popular religions, what do you see?

When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

Ethnocentric much?

[edit on 21-4-2010 by kinda kurious]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 04:13 AM
link   
its definetly plausible. i was bsing with a few friends on a break, and politics came up. most of them agreed that even though they didn't like obama, they said his speeches always made them physically smile, and feel warm. most of them voted for him because he "sounded" better than the alternative.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz
its definetly plausible. i was bsing with a few friends on a break, and politics came up. most of them agreed that even though they didn't like obama, they said his speeches always made them physically smile, and feel warm. most of them voted for him because he "sounded" better than the alternative.

Wow. That would explain why I always get the munchies after his speeches. Pop Tarts and Tater Tots usually do the trick.

But seriously, perhaps his articulate and reassuring tone coupled with his keen insight and vast intelligence might have something to do with it.

The fact that he is a charismatc speaker don't make him Houdini.

Pass the Obama bong.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   

....vast intelligence...
Really?

Obama reads a teleprompter better than Bush.
Some Achievement.

Well, I am not impressed. Never was by the way, but I deal with salesmen all of the time.
Cut to the quick. "What are you selling, how much is it going to cost me?"
If more Americans did that, the country would not be ruled by emotion.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stewie
Well, I am not impressed. Never was by the way, but I deal with salesmen all of the time.

Janitorial supplies?

But perhaps you are on to something. I heard that President Obama made a pact with the Devil in order to get elected. The only catch was he had to allow roughly 46% minority of US voters to have their brains removed, support the inferior candidate, parrot the GOP mantra of bigotry and worship Sarah Palin.

Seems like a fair deal for the rest of us.

[edit on 22-4-2010 by kinda kurious]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Janitorial supplies?

Oh, I get it. I must be low-life. GOP. Palin lover.

At least, I feel like I know you better, so something was accomplished.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Janitorial supplies?

Oh, I get it. I must be low-life. GOP. Palin lover.

At least, I feel like I know you better, so something was accomplished.

Janitors are low-lifes?

Second line.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by K J Gunderson

Okay, I'll bite.
How did you interpret KK's remark about Janitorial Supplies?
I took it as an insult.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   

reply to post by K J Gunderson

Okay, I'll bite.
How did you interpret KK's remark about Janitorial Supplies?
I took it as an insult.

OK, I'll bite.
How did you take it as an insult?

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Hypnosis is a pseudoscience, so either you believe in it or not. Even if there are studies to suggest the reality of hypnosis, there cannot be scientific "proof" as there can be no antithesis.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join