It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Nibiru exists, it should be inside our solar system by now

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by hartgrove
The question I bring forth could have great significance or it could be just another silly idea, but it is a question that has baffled me for some time now. I'm no expert on any certain religion but I do know that in the Christian faith the wise men followed the North Star to bestow the gifts they each had onto Jesus. Now my question is, what exactly is the importance of the North Star? I have never heard anything explaining that. Could it be possible the North Star we all know as a beacon for "their" Lord and Savior, really be the great Nibiru hidden in plain sight?

According to the story, the Magi didn't follow the North Star (Polaris) they followed a star that had just appeared.

Polaris has the spectra of a star and not a planet, and if it were a planet being close enough to appear that bright, a small £20 telescope would show it as one. Also it's not moving in the sky which doesn't fit in with the Nibiru speculation.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ET_MAN

Thanks ET-Man.

For your response, and for abbreviating the sermon.

I understood your message originally, and many times since through the beaten bushes. The continuous attempts at cryptic wisdom and the notion that it might be written for those of a certain “soul development” seems cultish at worst, snobbish at best. I have already heard it from the best of them. Obfuscating your concepts adds neither a mystical tone nor does it make it any wiser.

I am happy enough for you to do it your way. Somehow you seem convinced your way should be that of others. It may well be, to each his own.

Einstein seems to have good advice when pondering infinity. It keeps my feet on the ground (signature). I also feel Hippocrates has a reasonable approach regarding physical malaise, also applicable to those who cure souls with new age religion. Perhaps they didn't understand cryptic mysticism.

We may simply have to put the differences behind us, and agree to disagree.

I will gladly accept your wishes, and despite appearances, genuinely wish you the same.

Thanks for your “time”.

[edit on 20-4-2010 by Cogito, Ergo Sum]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by scubagravy
i hate it when you make sense

valid, valid points.

Cant argue with the numbers!

lol yes...you can and SHOULD argue with the numbers...its a very very innacurate science experiment. this is the universe we are talking about afterall...you cant assume all objects the size of neptune travel at that speed. some may travel at 1000 times that speed....others may travel at only half the speed. you dont know...therefor cant make an accurate judgement...only a semi-educated guess. which in the end....proves nothing.

im not a 100% believer in nibiru...but this thread doesnt disprove it

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by rogi22
You can't see it because it's a brown dwarf, and they don't reflect sun light at all.
So, in other words, you won't see it until it is basically knocking on our back door and then it will probably look like a blood moon just like in the bible.......... oh oh

slight correction...brown dwarf stars actually give off their own light. they are a midway matter somewhere between gas planets and actual stars.

they are hot...and have a very small simmering glow. easily spottable with human technology.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silicis n Volvo

slight correction...brown dwarf stars actually give off their own light. they are a midway matter somewhere between gas planets and actual stars.

Very dim though and contingent on the basis that the corpus is clear of debris. From the rumors, this planet has a huge dust cloud of Iron Oxide making it very difficult to see with a regular telescope.

they are hot...and have a very small simmering glow. easily spottable with human technology.

Infrared technology, not common to the common poor astronomer. Also, according to rumors, this thing is already past the sun and outbound somewhere close to Venus' orbit. NASA might just be trying to confuse us stating that we should be looking "out there" instead of closer to the sun. Never underestimate the misdirection of the PTB.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
How do you know the size of Nibiru if no one in our civilisation has seen it before? Who measured it? The Atlanticeans? Annunaki? Zecharia Sitchin? The Mayans? lol

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Has no-one considered that Niburu might be either a space station or a space ship?

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Skada

Claims of flash frozen mastodons are made up stories. Typically the found mastodons were imbedded in permafrost. Decomposition was limited by lactic acid produced early on. That's what preserves sauerkraut. Claims of dead plants under the ice of the antarctic? Sure there are fossils on Antarctica. The fossils I've heard about are Triassic.

Do you have any links for these claims?

We know a lot about our solar system. We know that the predominant force affecting the structure of our solar system is gravity. We have excellent models that can be used to make precise predictions such as which towns get to see an occultation of a star by a far off space rock only 22km across. Look at the studies of the "sheperding" moons of Saturn. The planets, btw, are not pushed around in their orbits. The force is a pull. The earth's magnetic field would not lead to our planet being pushed or wobbled. It's quite weak.

Yes, but has there been such a "crowded" time when so much "Strange Weather" is around us in a small slice of time?

Sure it happens every all of the time. That's why the weather has been a topic of conversation for a long time. It's always different and not as we remember.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Skada

If the object were in our solar system then it would reflect the sun's light and be visible in the optical range. Comet hunters spend a lot of time looking the direction of the sun. They would quickly spot anything in that direction.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by Skada

Claims of flash frozen mastodons are made up stories. ...
Okay so plants under the antarctic are a little stretched so I recant that statement, however, Mastodons flash frozen...Made up? What planet have you been living on for the past few lifetimes?

Link 1
Link 2 - Highlighted

I would put more links up, but I think you can research "mastodon frozen" on google.

We know a lot about our solar system. We know that the predominant force affecting the structure of our solar system is gravity. ... The earth's magnetic field would not lead to our planet being pushed or wobbled. It's quite weak.

I never said that the earth's own magnetic field would cause the earth to wobble. I stated that a 3rd magnet would cause the earth to wobble. Even a weak magnet must align with a stronger magnet. The earth wobble can be seen on an almost daily basis on Global Temp maps.

Also, gravity does pull, as well as push. When poles line up North to North and South to South they do push each other.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

I am personally not sure if it exists or doesn't exist. However, I do have a question for you...

If your calculations are correct wouldn't the size that you approximated and the speed which you used cause the "Planet" to get trapped in a tighter orbit around the sun? Causing it to become a closer part of our solar system?

I believe that if it does exist that it would have to be traveling at a far greater speed to be able to break away from the immediate solar system and to travel the distance it supposedly does.

So wouldn't your calculation have to figure the speed at which a planet would have to travel to break away from the immediate solar system and travel for 1800 years out and then turn back around and approach the earth again. I would think that it would have to have a greater speed, but I am not a mathematician or scientist so if I am incorrect forgive my ignorance.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Skada

In link 1 the person states that "They were not really a flower, but were fossilized at a moment when the pollon[sic] was still inside". The mastodon wasn't fossilized so the flower wasn't unless the mastodon ate a rock.

So the mammoth wasn't flash frozen.

Then we come to Velikovsky who's claims were immediately recognized as wrong. His claim is not that the mammoth was flash frozen, but that it did not rot before freezing. Velikovsky has been proven wrong in so many significant ways that it belittles anyone who uses him as a reference.

So please don't disrespect yourself by making a bad call and making a silly claim about me when what was written does not say flash frozen, nor does it imply flash frozen.

Mammoths that died and were found frozen were entombed in permafrost. That is why they were found in historic times intact. The reason they were frozen into the permafrost is that the mammoths died in oxygen devoid mud.

So please take the time to read about modern findings of mammoths.

Geological findings completely eliminate the claims of pole shifts.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   

I never said that the earth's own magnetic field would cause the earth to wobble. I stated that a 3rd magnet would cause the earth to wobble. Even a weak magnet must align with a stronger magnet. The earth wobble can be seen on an almost daily basis on Global Temp maps. Also, gravity does pull, as well as push. When poles line up North to North and South to South they do push each other.

The effect of a magnet on the earth could never be measured. Planets do not affect each other magnetically.

Gravity does not push. It is a pull only force. Crack a physics book for pete's sake. Gravity does not have poles. Please open a basic book on physics. Please.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Here's more on mammoth carcasses:
Ice Baby - Nat'l Geographic

Since the botanist Mikhail Ivanovich Adams recovered the first woolly mammoth carcass in Siberia in 1806, about a dozen other soft-tissue specimens had been found, including several calves ranging in age from newborn to about a year.

Naturally preserved by microbes called lactobacilli in the water, the flesh emitted a faintly sour, pickled odor that put off scavengers even when it floated to the surface. To test its palatability, Fisher cut and ate steaks from the meat every two weeks from February until high summer, demonstrating that mammoth hunters might have stored their kills in the same way.

The flash frozen claim is made by people that want to falsely create the illusion that something mysterious happened. It's a lie. Mammoths died. A few were preserved. They wer not flash frozen.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
If only some of you researched just a little, who knows? You might just learn sumthin'

Nibiru, a Brown Dwarf star is seen only beyond our visible spectrum (infrared). Nasa

has recently deployed the WISE telescope which mission is to map the entire sky in infrared.

One of the primary objectives is to detect brown dwarf stars which happen to be very common in our galaxy.

However all the data by missions end sometime late fall 2010 wont be fully analyzed till 2013 according to NASA (never a straight answer) Hmmmmm.. kinda makes one wonder.

an article released March 11.2010 titled "Getting WISE about Nemesis" offers some very interesting information on the subject! Google it!

Nasa gives the name Nemesis to this unseen star. It's out there and they are tracking it closely.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Cogito, Ergo Sum

Hi Cogito, Ergo Sum,

ET-Man.
For your response, and for abbreviating the sermon.

Sure no problem, the only religion or belief system I have is doing it my way and following my heart.

I understood your message originally, and many times since through the beaten bushes.

Whenever someone makes a comment or posts a question I do my best to answer and of course it's always my way.

The continuous attempts at cryptic wisdom and the notion that it might be written for those of a certain “soul development” seems cultish at worst, snobbish at best.

I'm sorry you took it that way and if I offended you I certainly never meant it to be like that. Once again I do not have a cult, group or religion and I am far from snobbish but that is for me to know alone as I'm sure others see the world from a different perspective than I do and there is no harm in that. We all have our own freewill and we are all doing it our way.

I have already heard it from the best of them. Obfuscating your concepts adds neither a mystical tone nor does it make it any wiser.

I was never trying to be either, whatever I shared came from my own personal perspective/knowledge and from my heart because I did it my way.

am happy enough for you to do it your way.

Why thank you and there is a reason why I did it my way because everyone gets to do it their way and of course I would never want anyone to do it my way but only their way and that is how it should always be. Freewill/individuality being one of the greatest infinite gifts of all that came from no way because it's always been that way but hey no way where there is no all.

Somehow you seem convinced your way should be that of others. It may well be, to each his own.

To each his own is the best and only way because they did it their way, I did it my way and you did it your way. Agreed 100% on that with you and of course you are the driver of the vehicle of your own car not me and I'm sure you drive in your own style and do it your way. Enjoy the roads and someday where there's only one day you won't need anymore roads but will traverse the Universe among others doing it your way as well.

Einstein seems to have good advice when pondering infinity.

Einstein had a few insights at the time where there is no time but then again that is his way and according to his level of understanding/intelligence/awareness/consciousness at the time where there is no time. What creates the illusion and how does it work exactly part was a stone left unturned where there is no stone. They did it their way, I did it my way and hip hip hooray we all did it our way. Some day where there is only one day things will be exactly how they have always been.

It keeps my feet on the ground (signature). I also feel Hippocrates has a reasonable approach regarding physical malaise, also applicable to those who cure souls with new age religion. Perhaps they didn't understand cryptic mysticism.

The only religion or belief system I have is doing it my way and following my heart.
It would make a good church though.

Faith of the Do it your own way where there is no faith.

We may simply have to put the differences behind us, and agree to disagree.

Most definitely and I wouldn't want it any other way that is why it's best that you do it your way, I do it my way and hip hip hooray we all do it our way.

I will gladly accept your wishes, and despite appearances, genuinely wish you the same.
Thanks for your “time”.

Sure my pleasure any time where there is no time and perhaps someday where there's only one day we will meet again like we always have before where there is no before.

Keep on doing it your way which is the only way and the best way but of course my way might not agree with your way and that is ok because of freewill/individuality we all get to do it our way which is the infinite way and forever young way where there is no age by the way.

Best Wishes to you
Today, Now and Forever!

[edit on 21-4-2010 by ET_MAN]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Fakshon

This is why I have used calculations from Mercury as well, which is the fastest traveling planet in the solar system.

Even with those figures, it still places it inside the orbit of Neptune.

Now, I realise that such an elliptical orbit most likely wouldn't have a consistent speed, but I feel it is impossible for it to average a speed greater than that of Mercury, which is extremely close to the sun.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Okay, so perhaps not flash frozen, and the early humans COULD have used this method to store the little buggers if they were native to cold regions. But I don't think these species were native to those regions. Sure they had fur, but they were not large enough to survive a cold region nor was there enough hair on their bodies. So, what were they doing there, when the grasses they were eating were not growing in the area. Yes, continental drift could be an answer, but I doubt it, the meat would have been rotten. Plant in the stomach at all, would be a warning bell that they didn't die by simply being herded off of a cliff to an ice bath below.

you keep stating that the mastodons were found in permafrost. What is your theory on how they got there to begin with. I want your theory, not the parroting of another scientist's conjecturing, I understand that it is a slim possibility, but still a possibility (early man buried their kill to keep them fresh). But there are still unanswered questions.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by hologrip54

Hologrip54 you make a number of common mistakes.

The first is that a brown dwarf can reveal itself in 2 ways. One is to emit a signal. The other is to reflect a signal. A brown dwarf emits mainly infrared. It does reflect light. We can see asteroids and planets because they reflect light. A brown dwarf also reveals its presence due to its gravity. Look through the thread to learn a little more about the detection of brown dwarfs.

You also claim that giving a name to something means it exists exists. That is simply not true. A name is a place holder. What you suggest is that an unseen, which I take to be undetectable object, is being observed. This sounds contradictory. Can you explain why you think this is true?

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join