It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Nibiru exists, it should be inside our solar system by now

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist

It's thermal lag. It's why the ocean is warmer in August even though the days have been getting shorter since the end of June.

The oceans do not act as an atmosphere, and much less like Pluto's... In fact the Oceans retain energy much, much longer than ANY atmosphere will.

On Earth our oceans are the mayor storehouse of energy in the form of heat that Earth has. It takes much longer for the oceans to warm up, and takes much longer for them to dissipate the heat energy stored, but an atmosphere is different. Without our oceans Earth would be a barren frozen rock, much alike Pluto. We wouldn't even have an atmosphere without our oceans.

[edit on 23-4-2010 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

I gave an example and you did not understand the issue. Pluto too is undergoing thermal lag. Read the article you posted and learn.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
How can you project the speed the object is travelling without knowing its projective source....

Brave.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
A post in another recent thread about a nearby (10 light years) brown dwarf star prompted me to have a think about an approximate location of Nibiru, it's only 989 days away till the infamous date of December 21st 2012.

[edit on 16/4/10 by Chadwickus]

maybe take a look at these hubble pics, upside down, rotate and flip, what do you alll see?
Heres an interesting link to back up possible eveidence, the way i look at it is this.....
www.abovetopsecret.com...
either the pics are reaching us the wrong way up to hide the obvious and there looks to be objects heading towards the telescope of the telescope photos are fake, its simple?

[edit on 24-4-2010 by jazz10]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
what is this?

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by kalisdad

Another place you posted the question.

The STEREO website also says that planets can appear in the field of view.

Read all of your posts to find the answer.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Neverless

Crazy people lol if it was there we would see it by now if the theory's are correct .Its just made up so people buy all the books and survival kits it crazy.

[edit on 2-5-2010 by bobski]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by bobski

Well i believe it and some others have seen it has well.
www.youtube.com...

Why not send him an email to ask him about it?

You know, you cant always believe NASA and there lies, i do know there are more planets and nibiru but of course the government owned media & so called experts will never admit this to the general public, the public would panic and spread fear around the world.

[edit on 3-5-2010 by Agent_USA_Supporter]

[edit on 3-5-2010 by Agent_USA_Supporter]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Another lens flare video? No. This video has been posted before.

Your argument is false because you claim that only NASA could detect a new planet. Amateur astronomers have telescopes too and they are far better than the ones used to find Uranus and Neptune.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I hope u r correct and that this is a load of baloney! Hell, i have sinned in my time and i don't want the appocolypse to come just yet. But something tells me there is a grain of truth in the fact that this system of things is grinding to a halt. You only need a pair of eyes and ears to see the evidence is everywhere and it is intensifying. Maybe it wont happen in 2012. The bible says that the sign of the son of man will appear in the heavens when no one is expecting it. There are far too many people expecting something in 2012 for these words to be true. In other words the end of the world in 2012 would defy bible prophecy in a big way. Perhaps it will happen in the years soon after this when we think that all is safe. The bible also says 'whenever it is that they are saying Peace and Security, sudden destruction will be upon them'. Could it be that when world leaders think they have a world wide peace pact in place that this terrible event will occur. World peace seems far off just now. Just a thought. I think there may be a good 30-40 years left of this present world, which gives room for much more fun yet!

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I stumbled over this link
www.rolfkenneth.no...

I cannot post a new thread myself as all the points he makes probably needs some element of posting to debunk them if possible. I am no scientific expert but reading through all this site and seeing what appears to be an awful lot of proof of the changes that are happening worldwide makes me very very worried that a disaster never experienced in living memory is going to happen and happen soon.

I sincerely hope not - purely selfish of me but I have very young kids that I want to see grow up. I suppose ultimately we will know in less than 3 years, but the prospect of such a global disaster fills me with a deep dread that I cannot shake off.

Hope someone can start a thread to debate that website I posted as I cannot and I do not wish to hijack this thread so apologies for that.

Peace and hope

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Here is one for this thread:

Back in 2007 the hopi prophecy of the blue star kachina was fulfilled. The next one will be the red purifier's arrival. It would show itself when least expected and these "know-it-alls" will still disbelieve.

article on comet holmes

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by dragnet53

Lots of things for thousands of years in the heavens are blue. Why do you think that comet fulfills the prophecy? Why couldn't if have been Halley's, or Hale Bop? They were blue.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Can you tell us what a human observer would see for color when viewing comet Holmes? Can you tell us what type of device was used to produce a blue image?

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist

Can you tell us what a human observer would see for color when viewing comet Holmes? Can you tell us what type of device was used to produce a blue image?

ATS motto: DENY IGNORANCE

Comet Holmes

During its 2007 return, Holmes unexpectedly brightened from a magnitude of about 17 to about 2.8 in a period of only 42 hours, making it visible to the naked eye. This represents a change of brightness by a factor of about half a million and is the largest known outburst by a comet. The outburst took place between October 23–24, 2007.[5][6] The first person reportedly to notice a change was J. A. Henríquez Santana on Tenerife in the Canary Islands; minutes later, Ramón Naves in Barcelona noticed the comet at magnitude 7.3.[6] It became easily visible to the naked eye as a bright yellow "star" in Perseus[7][8], and by October 25 17P/Holmes appeared as the third brightest "star" in that constellation.[6]

While large telescopes had already shown fine-scale cometary details, naked-eye observers saw Holmes as merely star-like until October 26.[7] After that date, 17P/Holmes began to appear more comet-like to naked-eye observers.[7] This is because during the comet's outburst, its orbit took it to near opposition with respect to Earth, and since comet tails point away from the Sun, Earth observers were looking nearly straight down along the tail of 17/P Holmes, making the comet appear as a bright sphere.

Based on orbital computations and luminosity before the 2007 outburst, the comet's nucleus was estimated at 3.4 km.[9]

The comet did not only become brighter, it also swelled in size, as its coma expanded. In late October 2007 the coma's apparent diameter increased from 3.3 arcminutes to over 13 arcminutes[10], about half the diameter that the Moon subtends in the sky. At a distance of around 2 AU, this means that the true diameter of the coma had swelled to over 1 million km[11], or about 70% of the diameter of the Sun. By comparison, the Moon is 380,000 km from Earth. Therefore, during the 2007 outburst of Comet Holmes the coma was a sphere wider than the diameter of the Moon's orbit around Earth. On 2007 November, the coma had dispersed to an area larger than the sun, briefly giving it the largest extended atmosphere in the solar system.[2][12]

The cause of the outburst is not definitely known. The huge cloud of gas and dust may have resulted from a collision with a meteoroid, or, more probably, from a build-up of gas inside the comet's nucleus which eventually broke through the surface.[13] However, researchers at the Max Planck Institute suggest in a paper published in Astronomy and Astrophysics that the brightening can be explained by a thick, air-tight dust cover and the effects of H2O sublimation, with the comet's porous structure providing more surface area for sublimation, up to one order of magnitude greater. Energy from the Sun -- insolation - was stored in the dust cover and the nucleus within the months before the outburst. [14]

The comet remained visible in February 2008 though it had become a challenging target at about magnitude +5 in the constellation Perseus. It had expanded to greater than 2 degrees of arc as seen from the Earth, and thus had very little surface brightness.

follow the footnotes.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   

If when it became visible to the naked eye as "yellow", why are you linking this to a "blue star" prophecy?

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   
That was good investigating dragnet53. One of the things that is hard for people to understand is that the colors seen through a telescope and a photograph are often not the colors seen by the human eye. The blue ion tail shown in many photographs is quite faint and picked up by long exposures with a camera.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Nibiru kinda like black holes. You know they are there, but you cant really see it. And then its superfast. Its like teleport for planets. After all it seems like this is another "end of the world apoclypse amageddon thing". But you just wait and see. He comes. In time.... I hope.

The Mayans was very good at calculating.. And they probably got the end of the world correct.

Maybe by a few days off. But close enough.
I heard that Nibiru was the reason that the Nile went over its banks once. And that it also was the reason that our poles reversed. Dont know if this is possible

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Nibiru can't be a black hole. It would have been detected a long while ago if there were anything that massive nearby.

So the Mayans were good at calculating? They seem to have missed the year length by 1/4 of a day. That's bad. The Mayans made no predictions with the end of the Haab calendar.

The Nile used to go over its banks every year. The ancient Egyptians counted on that to make their farms fertile.

Poles reversed? Can't reverse the rotational axes. No pole shift in last 200 million years. The magnetic pole has reversed in around 3/4 million years. So no. Nothing has reversed poles in human history.

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join