It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Nibiru exists, it should be inside our solar system by now

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+27 more 
posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   
A post in another recent thread about a nearby (10 light years) brown dwarf star prompted me to have a think about an approximate location of Nibiru, it's only 989 days away till the infamous date of December 21st 2012.

So doing some calculations based on what I've found out about Nibiru and other local planets of similar size I have come up with some interesting figures.

First up I needed to find the size of Nibiru, my search brought many results but the most accepted seems to be four times the size of earth, which is the size of Neptune.

I decided to base my calculations of Nibiru on Neptune, due to the similar size:

Neptune travels at about 5.43kms per second, which calculates to 19,548kms per hour or 469,152kms per day.

Now we have two figures.

989 days till impact and a speed of 469,152km per day.

So with these two figures we should be able to calculate the distance from earth by simply multiplying the two numbers.

That figure is 463,991,328kms from Earth.

That places Nibiru inside of Jupiter's orbit.

Very close!

Now, all this is based on the speed the planet is moving and I have picked the speed of a similarly sized planet. If we were to use the speed of the fastest planet in our solar system, Mercury, the figure would be 4,090,472,352kms from earth.

That would place it inside of Neptune's orbit, still very much in our solar system.

So, amateur astronomers can spot Neptune, but can't spot a similarly sized object that is closer?

hmmm...

[edit on 16/4/10 by Chadwickus]

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
That's why it's hiding behind the sun, silly.

It's like a giant game of Peek-A-Boo, and so far it's winning.

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Everyone knows Nibiru is cloaked!

You're a dis-info agent for sure!

IRM
:shk:

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
i hate it when you make sense

valid, valid points.

Cant argue with the numbers!

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Ok sorry to impose on your thread for my own information, but I have got to ask where do all these theories of Nibiru being cloaked and hiding behind the sun come from?

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Neverless

Umm, because we cant see it

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by scubagravy

Is that overall the best answer you can give me? I mean so what your saying is a planet the size of neptune is hiding in our solar system and we can't see it. So if you can't see it how do you know it's there?

And that bring us back to my orginal question what theory are you basing this off of?

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Hey buddy, im on your side of the theory, you just asked a silly question, hence.....

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by scubagravy

I aplogize for jumping to conclusions, I just read about this crap all the time but never seem to get a valid theory or point to where these people come up with this stuff. Gets fustrating.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
You can't see it because it's a brown dwarf, and they don't reflect sun light at all.
So, in other words, you won't see it until it is basically knocking on our back door and then it will probably look like a blood moon just like in the bible.......... oh oh

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
"Phfft! Facts. You can use them to prove anything.
-- Homer Simpson

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by rogi22

Well sir after you stated that I decided to do some research and I just so happened to find something that very well may interest you. Your proof of a Brown Dwarf star being close to our solar system has finally arrived take a look at this link below. You might find it satisfing.

(Link below)
blogs.discovermagazine.com...

Edit: Sorry should of asked this earlier, if someone could please take this information and create a thread with it. It would be appreciated because this information will do a lot for you against the skeptics.

[edit on 16-4-2010 by Neverless]

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by rogi22
You can't see it because it's a brown dwarf, and they don't reflect sun light at all.
So, in other words, you won't see it until it is basically knocking on our back door and then it will probably look like a blood moon just like in the bible.......... oh oh

Actuall you'd be able to see its affect on other planets in our system. Being as it is having no gravitational effects oon anything in iur sikar sysme, So it doesnt excist

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   

OK, I stand corrected, thanks for the heads up..... it does kinda look like a blood moon though
and hey, it beats the theory of some planet playing peek-a-boo behind the sun!

Honestly, I have never bought into this niburu conspiracy, things never happen the way we think they will.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

i love you way of thinking .. but let play the devil advocate here.. where did you find that a brown dawrf.. comet etc.. will be moving the same speed of a planet lock in a solar system ?

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   

No-one here doubts the existence of brown dwarfs. The body recently discovered is ten light years away, not inside our solar system. A brown dwarf both reflects light and emits infra-red radiation, so it should be extremely visible in a pair of binoculars by now. Of course, everyone knows Niburu is hiding under the bed and only comes out at night.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I guess we'll see.. no?

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Sorry about that DJW your right I did make that statement incorrect it is 10 light years away from our solar system. Now i'm not trying to say that the Nibiru theory is in fact correct, but overall I will not completely throw it out (as I did before due to people stating it's cloaked and hiding behind the sun) after reading such information.

I am an overall skeptic at heart, but I refuse to throw out theories if there is at least some facts there proving it's possiblity.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Actually, basing the travel speed off Neptune may give false indications. The orbital speed of Neptune would be slower than that of a planet entering the solar system. 5.43km/s is the speed that Neptune needs to travel at to maintain it's current orbital range min. 29.7 AU, max. 30.5 AU. If there are indications that Nibiru will impact or pass extremely close to Earth, it will need to traveling at a speed greater than the orbital speed of Neptune, given that inter-system objects inherently have a greater speed due to the gravitational slingshot effect.
As it gets closer to the Sun it will speed up due to any planetary gravity fields it encounters, along with the Sun's massive gravity field.

These are not all the figures related to this, I just really don't have too much time to put them all in here.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
An object on an eliptical orbit would be accelerating when on the 'in leg' of its journey. You really need to factor this into your equations.

Good thought provoking post though!

<<   2  3  4 >>

join