It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Nibiru exists, it should be inside our solar system by now

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
I've merely chosen the most popular theory, namely Nubiru (or planet x or whatever) impacting earth on December 21st, 2012.

So don't come in here scoffing at the most accepted theory.
Yours holds as much ground as the others too by the way.

"Don't come in here scoffing"?... Perhaps you shouldn't be making fun of something you know nothing about.

The date of Dec 21st of 2012 MARKS THE END OF A CYCLE AND THE BEGINNING OF ANOTHER CYCLE....Not the "end of the world"...

This has been brought up in these forums time and again, but you decided to make your own conclusions, based on false assumptions and make fun of a people, and their prophecy when you have no idea about it.

The claim that "Dec 21st 2012, comes from people who knew, or know as much as you did, or do about Maya prophecy", which is nothing.

There is no base for Dec 21st 2012 being "the end of the world"... except for the false assumptions made by people like you.

The Hopi ARE THE MAYA... or at least one of the many sub-groups of Maya which have survived time, and have passed down their prophecies from generation to generation.

It would have been much better if you asked, instead of trying to make mockery of the prophecy of the Maya...

[edit on 23-4-2010 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

Your introductory material is of unknown origin. It appears to be bits and pieces spliced together from multiple sources. None of it suggests the existence of a new planet in the solar system.

Then you go on to post a claim that the planets are warming. How do you know they are warming? Changes in Pluto's appearance do not mean warming. It could mean cooling.

If there were a heat source in the solar system it could be detected. None has been.

You mention the article on the energy transfer from the solar wind to the magnetosphere. This doesn't state anything other than the transfer of energy is an exciting research areas, because it is not well understood.

"This is where everything gets started," Lyons said. "Any important variations in the magnetosphere occur because there is a transfer of energy from the solar wind to the particles in the magnetosphere. The first critical step is to understand how the energy gets transferred from the solar wind to the magnetosphere."

There is no thought here than another planet exists. If a planet were close enough to the earth to affect its magnetosphere it would be a naked eye feature in the sky.

Your conclusion of a dead star as the cause is not supported by the pathwork of evidence you listed.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
Your introductory material is of unknown origin. It appears to be bits and pieces spliced together from multiple sources. None of it suggests the existence of a new planet in the solar system.

The introductory material comes form the Hopi themselves, and not a bunch of New Agers.

Back in 2006 I started the following thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

In it I added several sources that show pretty much every planet, and even moons with an atmosphere undergoing Climate Change, and most of it in the form of warming, just like Earth.

Here is one of the excerpts that show that Pluto had been undergoing warming, even as it was moving away from the Sun. i also added part of my own response.

Pluto is undergoing global warming, researchers find
October 9, 2002

BIRMINGHAM, Ala.--Pluto is undergoing global warming, as evidenced by a three-fold increase in the planet's atmospheric pressure during the past 14 years, a team of astronomers from Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Williams College, the University of Hawaii, Lowell Observatory and Cornell University announced in a press conference today at the annual meeting of the American Astronomical Society's (AAS) Division for Planetary Sciences in Birmingham, AL.

The team, led by James Elliot, professor of planetary astronomy at MIT and director of MIT's Wallace Observatory, made this finding by watching the dimming of a star when Pluto passed in front of it Aug. 20. The team carried out observations using eight telescopes at Mauna Kea Observatory, Haleakala, Lick Observatory, Lowell Observatory and Palomar Observatory. Data were successfully recorded at all sites.

An earlier attempt to observe an occultation of Pluto on July 19 in Chile was not highly successful. Observations were made from only two sites with small telescopes because the giant telescopes and other small telescopes involved lost out to bad weather or from being in the wrong location that day. These two occultations were the first to be successfully observed for Pluto since 1988.

web.mit.edu...

That's a 300% increase in atmospheric pressure in Pluto, which is the highest increase in any planet in the Solar system, and it is increasing as Pluto orbits away from the Sun. If the Sun is the cause for global warming in the solar system, as some scientists say, why is it that Pluto, the planet that is the farthest away from the Sun, experiencing the most severe effects, and it is getting worse and worse as it orbits away from the sun?

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 06:06 AM
link   

You claim that the Hopi are Maya. I don't see any connection in the literature.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Pluto thought to be warming up
Astronomers at the University of Tasmania have found that the solar system's smallest planet is not getting colder as first thought and it probably does not have rings.

Dr John Greenhill has collected observations from last month's event when Pluto passed in front of a bright star, making it easier to study.

French scientists have shared the measurements they took in Tasmania that night, which indicate that the planet is unlikely to have rings.

Dr Greenhill says the results are surprising because they show Pluto is warming up.

"It looks as though the atmosphere has not changed from 2002, which is pretty surprising because we expected the atmosphere would freeze out as the planet moved further away from the Sun," he said.

"But so far, if anything, the atmosphere has gotten even denser."

www.abc.net.au...

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse
The date of Dec 21st of 2012 MARKS THE END OF A CYCLE AND THE BEGINNING OF ANOTHER CYCLE....Not the "end of the world"...

Discussion and speculation related to the potential end of the world prophecies surrounding the year, 2012

Guess where that can be found.

Again, the theory you have decided is the one you like best is one of many, many other theories.

It doesn't make it right.

So stop acting like you're above anyone who believes differently.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   

I was not talking about the information in the previous post, but the info marked as parts 6 to 8. That info came from several unidentified sources.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   
You skipped over the part where the article says:

Because Pluto's year is equal to about 250 Earth years, 13 years after Pluto's closest approach to the Sun is like 1:15 p.m. on Earth. "This warming trend on Pluto could easily last for another 13 years," Tholen estimated.

This is followed int he article by the warming of Triton.

That's an 8 year old article. Got anything newer to look for trends?

You've already posted a 2006 article that says that the warming has not increased from 2002. Or does it say warming up? It seems that the statements are contradictory.

they show Pluto is warming up.

It looks as though the atmosphere has not changed from 2002

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   

You claim that the Hopi are Maya. I don't see any connection in the literature.

I don't make claims without evidence, and a lot of evidence shows they are part of the same group.

Are the Maya and the Hopi 2 Branches
of the Same Ancestral Tree?

Before a house is built in Mayan Guatemala, before a new town is laid out or a new field is planted, a spiritual guide is called, and in an ancient ceremony the spiritual guide determines the corners of the property, and north, south, east and west. He walks to them, marks them, and after the ‘cornering’ is complete, he uses them to determine the center. At the center, the land is dedicated to its new purpose. In a home, for example, this center, or balance point, becomes the hearth, and the three hearth stones will be laid, the tenemastes, representing the triangle of stones laid down at creation to support the cosmos, and still seen as a triangle of stars in Orion.

When the Hopi first came to this continent at the beginning of this forth age, they were instructed to make four great pilgrimages before settling at the center, their permanent home. The clans walked south, west to the Pacific, East to the Atlantic and north to impenetrable ice, the world’s ‘back door,’ and then returned to settle the center, the mesas we now call Hopi land. They left swirling petroglyphs behind, the number of turns in the spirals representing the number of migrations completed. The first clan to complete the four prescribed pilgrimages, the Bear Clan, still holds the principal place in tribal leadership.

www.witzmountain.com...

Then there is the fact that even the Hopi believe to be related to the Maya.

Most Hopis believe they are related to the Mayan, but are unsure as to whether the Maya descended from the Hopi or the Hopi descended from the Maya. Most other Native American tribes revere the Hopi as the oldest of the people and agree with the Hopi that they were the first inhabitants of North America. Most Hopi believe that the Anasazi Indians were actually Hopi ancestors.

www.hopioutreach.org...

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   

How big do you think Pluto is? Pluto's atmosphere is not that thick either, so how in the world could Pluto still be warming even years later after moving away from the Sun?

Pluto began moving away from the Sun in 1999, if I remember correctly.

Actually, it was at the closest to the Sun in 1989, not 1999.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Hopi prophecies in my opinion are the most correct when it comes to dealing with the end times. I laugh at revelations because the only way that will happen is if the anti-christ shows himself and he takes over cities. Then heads his way to rebuild the temple at Israel. None of that will happen. Jews will fight to the end to allow that temple to be rebuilt. Also can't forget I thought it was Hale-bopp that was the twin Kachina?

blogs.myspace.com...

everything2.com...

[edit on 23-4-2010 by dragnet53]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   

How big do you think Pluto is? Pluto's atmosphere is not that thick either, so how in the world could Pluto still be warming even years later after moving away from the Sun?

Pluto began moving away from the Sun in 1999, if I remember correctly.

yup and the way I see it Pluto redness was caused by something giving it some friction. Like something was rubbing against it. I love it how people just know everything and they have a high IQ.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragnet53

yup and the way I see it Pluto redness was caused by something giving it some friction. Like something was rubbing against it. I love it how people just know everything and they have a high IQ.

Where did i say I know everything?...

However, I am tired of people trying to make fun of a culture, and their prophecies, when they have no idea of what they are talking about.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   

That's right, but as the astronomer pointed out there is a delayed reaction to heating. The hottest days in summer are long after the longest day of the year. The hottest time of the day is long after the noon.

That remark was in the article you posted. It also supposed possibly 13 more years of warming.

The Mysterious Molasses Markings Of Pluto

Pluto can get so cold, researchers believe, that its atmosphere can actually freeze and fall to the ground. If Earth's atmosphere did that, it would make a layer 30 feet thick, but Pluto has less to work with. When it's on the ground, Pluto's entire blanket of air is no more than a frosty film of nitrogen and methane.

"Now, Pluto is headed away from the sun again," says Brown. "It will gradually get colder and colder and its atmosphere will refreeze to its surface. In fact, that should have already started happening, but apparently it has not. It's a mystery."

NASA's New Horizons probe is en route to investigate. The spacecraft left Earth in January 2006 and has been racing toward Pluto for an encounter in July 2015, hopefully before the atmosphere refreezes.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragnet53

Where did i say I know everything?...

However, I am tired of people trying to make fun of a culture, and their prophecies, when they have no idea of what they are talking about.

yes, I am tired of that as well. But I don't say at you just those skeptics who are so naive. They remind me of the flat earthers who stated the world was flat, but yet they were proven wrong.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   

That's right, but as the astronomer pointed out there is a delayed reaction to heating. The hottest days in summer are long after the longest day of the year. The hottest time of the day is long after the noon.

That remark was in the article you posted. It also supposed possibly 13 more years of warming.

The Mysterious Molasses Markings Of Pluto

Pluto can get so cold, researchers believe, that its atmosphere can actually freeze and fall to the ground. If Earth's atmosphere did that, it would make a layer 30 feet thick, but Pluto has less to work with. When it's on the ground, Pluto's entire blanket of air is no more than a frosty film of nitrogen and methane.

"Now, Pluto is headed away from the sun again," says Brown. "It will gradually get colder and colder and its atmosphere will refreeze to its surface. In fact, that should have already started happening, but apparently it has not. It's a mystery."

NASA's New Horizons probe is en route to investigate. The spacecraft left Earth in January 2006 and has been racing toward Pluto for an encounter in July 2015, hopefully before the atmosphere refreezes.

lmao It will refreeze by then and if 2012 does happen no information will be able to receive it.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by dragnet53

Are you implying that Nibiru is a giant CAT? And Pluto is allergic?

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   
The Pluto mission doesn't arrive till 2015. It would be interesting if the atmosphere doesn't freeze out before then.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   

The Pluto mission doesn't arrive till 2015. It would be interesting if the atmosphere doesn't freeze out before then.

Pluto is ALWAYS freezing...but despite that it has been warming as it has moved away from the Sun, and something must be causing that warming.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   

It's thermal lag. It's why the ocean is warmer in August even though the days have been getting shorter since the end of June.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join