It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge Fireball Reported Over Madison, WI!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Haven't you guys learned anything. It's a rocket.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I'm confused. Are we really to the point now where we are so ignorant as to assign some alien/ufo validity to something as mundane as a meteor or space debris re-entering our atmosphere?

It's very clear what this is, what is not clear is why everyone is SO DESPERATE for a conspiracy...any conspiracy...that they take anything and everything and turn it into something more exciting for them. Me, I'm plenty excited to see video of space crap burning up in and of itself, and I have no need to let my imagination turn it into something that it is not.

The shear amount of things I see turned into something it is not around here is enough to boggle the mind. It's no one Ufology is in the sad state that it is in....

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Looking at all the videos and reading the reports, it's as if it completely explodes prior to hitting ground. Something like the incident in Tunguska Russia - only not as big of course. The fact that it appears "chemtrails" for lack of a better word are on either side of it is pretty weird too. This ain't your ordinary meteor - but I don't know what it is. It will be interesting to see if anyone here on ATS does find it and report back.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Here is another cool video from Milwaukee, WI to the east. My brother says this one most closely resembles what he saw.

www.wisn.com...

Best,
SN

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by KarlG

I agree.

I'm no astronomer or anything, But I'm guessing there's a pretty low chance of two substantionaly large "Meteors" entering earths atmosphere, and causing these huge explosive lights and appearing to fall into the earth

EVEN THOUGH

No one has found any leftovers (as use of a better word XD) or any damage it may have caused. because I'm pretty sure about the one in scotland, everyone said it appeared to hit the earth, but there being no evidence of there ever being a meteorite :-/

Just saying, it seems a bit odd in my opinion.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Happened to just turn on CNN Headline News and they just showed a clip of the object going across a city scape, then went to commercial, I'll keep watching.

edit: Ok well, before they went to commercial they showed an actual video of it going across the city, then when they did the so-called "report" on it, they showed that black & white time lapsed image we've all seen on this thread. They said astronomers said it "could have been" a meteor from the meteor shower that was supposed to peak last night/tonight. Who knows, interesting to see though.

[edit on 15-4-2010 by itsmethegoat]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Of course it is a UFO, Unidentified Flying Object, until it is identified.

Geez, why do people freak out.

Something this big should leave some evidence.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I just got back. I am a city boy so i got mad lost out there in the country, lol, but i drove for about an hour SW of madison and stopped at a bunch of places along the way and no one had info on it. I even went to all the town's police stations and city hall's to ask if they had info, and they all just kind of laughed and then asked me for my info, i said hell no and left, lol. I seen a long contrail coming from the sky down to the ground, so i thought that could possibly be it, but i drove until i passed it and couldn't see anything. I'm no pro and this was my first time doing this so i really had no clue what i was doing, lol. It is amazing to me though how no one really seems interested in this. Oh well.

ps. If i were to find it, there is no way i would sell it, i don't care how much money someone offered me. I would of called all my SouthSide buddy's to grab Arms and come and protect it with me so we all could enjoy it's power and make sure the gov didn't steal and hide it, lol. Too bad.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Do meteors break up into distinctly visible pieces (eyewitness accounts)?

Do meteors move diagonally for hundreds of miles from Iowa to Wisconsin?

Do meteors explode before impact?

Why is the media already saying this is probably space junk?

[edit on 15-4-2010 by ibiubu]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
maybye it was a falling satelite or something...i remember a few years ago, there was news footage a satelite breaking up over the atlantic....with similar flashes..maybye the meteor shower hit displaced it.

Who knows?

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I had friends from Sparta Wisconsin say they saw it at about 10:05 central time south of the town. They were facebooking about it. It couldn't wait one more month for me to move back there.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Very cool video! That looks awesome! I hope one day I get to see something like that!

On a diff note, why do people come on this website and freak out about, "ZOMG wtfs y do pepul think dis is a youeffoh! Aleens dunt exzist!" This is a conspiracy website, there are conspiracy theorists. You are a consipiracy theorist. Why criticize other people for theorizing about conspiracies just because they think differently than you? Very few people have said that this was something other than a meteor. They are entitiled to their opinion. The difference between their opinion and yours is that they are not personally attacking anyone else for their opinions. What ever happened to, "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all."

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
on Yahoo news it shows an ABC news video clip and the newsguy says "conspiracy theorists are ducking for cover"........

typical msm

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by LifeIsEnergy
I just got back. I am a city boy so i got mad lost out there in the country, lol, but i drove for about an hour SW of madison and stopped at a bunch of places along the way and no one had info on it. I even went to all the town's police stations and city hall's to ask if they had info, and they all just kind of laughed and then asked me for my info, i said hell no and left, lol. I seen a long contrail coming from the sky down to the ground, so i thought that could possibly be it, but i drove until i passed it and couldn't see anything. I'm no pro and this was my first time doing this so i really had no clue what i was doing, lol. It is amazing to me though how no one really seems interested in this. Oh well.

ps. If i were to find it, there is no way i would sell it, i don't care how much money someone offered me. I would of called all my SouthSide buddy's to grab Arms and come and protect it with me so we all could enjoy it's power and make sure the gov didn't steal and hide it, lol. Too bad.

That sucks you didn't find anything. There was a report of some burning trees and such in SW Wisconsin, so maybe a chunk broke off before the rest flew over Madison. I think someone posted a link on the page before this.

So did you grow up in Madison, or here for school? Both for me. I actually live on the near southside (off of fish hatchery by the arboretum), so I can help you protect your goods if need be, lol.

Best,
SN

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Wow... I'm not one to normally question what would be obvious meteors but, whatever this was seems to be moving pretty slow for a meteor! Not sure about that one?!?!

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Last week I believe it was a member in Scotland posted that he had seen a large fireball. Another member confirmed that he had seen something as well. Because neither gentlemen had photos a number of other posters pooh-poohed them. Now I wonder if what they saw could have been an early part of this meteor shower?

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
psst, ducking for cover, lol, more like running to find it!

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by skunknuts

LOL! I seen that article after i got back, i wish i would of seen it before. Yea i grew up here, and i stay on fish hatch lol! by post rd. Too weird, we will have to meet each other sometime, I gave you my # so hit me whenever you feel like!
pzzz

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by sentinel007
reply to post by samureyed

Let me ask you one question. When is the last time you saw a meteor turn night into day? I have been around the block more than once and have never seen such an occurence. You may want to view the video at wgnradio.com.

Umm lets see........ 1976 I believe it was.

Driving very late at night along an isolated country road, road wasn't even paved then, nothing but bush and kangaroos for hundreds of miles, and FLASH daylight for a split second.
Looking up I saw the remnants, of whatever it was, glowing red and falling down. It was very high in the sky and the glowy bits burned up quite quickly.

So yep they do indeed turn night to day, for a second.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Flew right over my house and I missed it! Right about then I was watching Family Guy.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join