It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge Fireball Reported Over Madison, WI!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Here is a youtube video that shows it:
www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I see a lot of people blaming MSM for reporting it wrong. But what is there really to suggest it's not a meteor?

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by j-man
www.kcrg.com...

here's a video

That looks almost identical the one i saw over the English Midlands, when i was a teenager in the 70s

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by LifeIsEnergy
Can anyone help me find out where it landed? I want to go and see what evidence is still there. Thanks.

Did you check-out that video from the dash cam in Iowa?? (Thanks to whoever posted that, by the way). So, it got at least that far (which could be a 1-5 hour drive or more). Also, it might have totally burned-up in the air w/o ever hitting the ground. Who knows? If it landed closer, I'd take the day off an go search for it with you! It's beautiful in Madison today, so it would be a perfect time for an adventure....

Best,
Skunknuts

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
This is significant. This object is, was, unlike any meteor we have experienced previously. Something of this size and proximity to earth should have been picked up by observatories days ago. The explosions I believe were due to the speed of the object not an impact. Why has no information been reported about the actual impact site, (if landed), or debris. Something is amiss.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Im from Iowa and this is what it looked like from here.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I live in Madison, WI! But I did not see it!
I really wish I did, because it looks like it was quite a sight. I envy those who had the pleasure of seeing such a thing. Man, that was a HUGE flash of light. It looks like the thing EXPLODED.

I have actually seen one of these in the past, but not one quite this big. The one I have seen just looked like someone shot a huge flare gun. This one looks like a fireball that hit the ground and went BOOM.

Thanks for the thread, S&F!

[edit on 15-4-2010 by Fangula]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   
May be it has something to do with the Indian rocket failure. The Indian Space Research Organization's (ISRO's) GSLV rocket failed today at around 4.40 pm local Indian time.

They had a perfect take-off and the first two stages performed normally. But the third and final indigenous Cryogenic stage failed at the time of ignition.

India's quest to achieve total independence in cryogenic engine technology failed on Thursday when its Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle, GSLV - D3, tumbled into the Bay of Bengal. This happened after the indigenous cryogenic engine ignited on time 304 seconds after the lift-off but the two steering engines of the cryogenic stage appeared not to have ignited.

Source

But not sure, since the article says, it tumbled into Bay of Bengal, near India. Not sure whether it's visible for the other side world's people, the Americans.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by sentinel007

What makes you say that? From the video it looks like your typical meteoroid airburst. The fireball is always much bigger than the actual meteoroid itself. I've never seen one in person, and while this is a nice sized one, it doesn't look out of the "ordinary" to me.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   
i cant wait to see what happens with this case

sf for you op

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
i saw a wat kinda looked like a meteorite because it came down in a straight line but it looked like a big light kinda like something out a video game it sounds weird but thats wat it looked like very odd and there is a massive cloud coming 2 europe their gonna close at least 3 airports...
and somthing about a strange thing from outa space coming this way ... startinh 2 get worried .. lets hope its all coinsedence... interisting 2 say the least good day folks and foes

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by sentinel007
This is significant. This object is, was, unlike any meteor we have experienced previously. Something of this size and proximity to earth should have been picked up by observatories days ago. The explosions I believe were due to the speed of the object not an impact. Why has no information been reported about the actual impact site, (if landed), or debris. Something is amiss.

Here are 2 videos. One from last night taken in Iowa, and the other from 2007 in Edmonton, Canada:

Best,
Skunknuts

[edit on 4/15/2010 by skunknuts]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   
yes i agree! Well you made a good point it could of dissolved or disappeared but I hope not, lol, i believe it was southwest of where i was, and the news is saying someone reported it landed in Verona which is just 10, 15 minutes from madison, Authority's have said they did not confirm where it landed, but i am going to go and see for myself! lol, i will take pics if i find it!

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by samureyed

Let me ask you one question. When is the last time you saw a meteor turn night into day? I have been around the block more than once and have never seen such an occurence. You may want to view the video at wgnradio.com.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   

yes i agree! Well you made a good point it could of dissolved or disappeared but I hope not, lol, i believe it was southwest of where i was, and the news is saying someone reported it landed in Verona which is just 10, 15 minutes from madison, Authority's have said they did not confirm where it landed, but i am going to go and see for myself! lol, i will take pics if i find it!

Finding one can make you very rich! If you are lucky in your endeavor, I think you should cut me in 5% (or at least buy me a coffee or beer, lol) for being the OP, lol. Good luck!

Best,
Skunknuts

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Not strictly true. The typical meteor you see flash across the sky is nothing more than a grain of dust. Something producing this sort of effect could easily only be, as big as a man's fist by the time it hit the ground.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Lol no doubt that is not a problem, ok i am leaving now and i am just going to drive around and talk to people in the verona area i guess. Im a u2u you my number so you can call me and let me know if you found more info on where it is, since i will not have internet while driving lol.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Lol no doubt that is not a problem, ok i am leaving now and i am just going to drive around and talk to people in the verona area i guess. Im a u2u you my number so you can call me and let me know if you found more info on where it is, since i will not have internet while driving lol.

Sounds good man....

Best,
SN

link   

reply to post by samureyed

Let me ask you one question. When is the last time you saw a meteor turn night into day? I have been around the block more than once and have never seen such an occurence. You may want to view the video at wgnradio.com.

This is worth a read. science.howstuffworks.com...

Like i said in an earlier post, the video looks almost identical to an incident i was witness to as a teenager in the English Midlands.

link   
reply to post by sentinel007

Well the Edmonton, Canada video from 07 is a great example. Someone just posted it for you.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join